Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If someone said Grenade-ier on comms I would laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's pronounced like grenadine but with deer at the end

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's not grenady enough, make it grenadier.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Nobody pronounces it "Grenade-ier". For one, that sounds stupid as gently caress and second it would imply that the word "Grenadiest" exists.

Grenadier: a soldier armed with grenades or a grenade launcher.

The Grenadier perk is designed to refill your grenade charge faster, so you can be a "gren-uhhh-deer".
Seeing as everyone else is already throwing grenades, what?

You require historical context clunkily applied to make a thing make kinda sense, cool cool. Mine makes complete sense immediately and with zero assumptions. Good game.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Guys, keep the comms clear

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Hello Muddah, hello Faddah,
Here I am at, Camp Grenader

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cvnvcnv posted:

You require historical context clunkily applied to make a thing make kinda sense, cool cool. Mine makes complete sense immediately and with zero assumptions. Good game.

You spent your first few months here as a chump, eventually acculturated and developed a minimum of respect, and now you choose to blow it on this? :caro:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's me, I'm the grenadiest :madmax:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Number Ten Cocks posted:

You spent your first few months here as a chump, eventually acculturated and developed a minimum of respect, and now you choose to blow it on this? :caro:
Blow giving a gently caress what people think about me which is massively lol, on a quasitroll about semantics? Yes.

haveblue posted:

It's me, I'm the grenadiest :madmax:
This. guy. gets it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Considering in their march song it's pronounced the way we all do, I'd say someone lied to you at some point. Also, they are derived from the British Grenadiers, pronounced the same way. Namaste.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
It's actually French and pronounced grenad-ee-ayyy lmao

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
"Army of one" is actually pronounced "army of oni" because they meant for the perk to make you feel like you are leading a hoard of mythical Japanese ogres.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well in the Midwest it's not pronounced at all because we're too busy loving or cousins.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

cvnvcnv posted:

No, you make zero sense because "Grenade-ier" isn't a word and never has been.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cvnvcnv posted:

Blow giving a gently caress what people think about me which is massively lol, on a quasitroll about semantics? Yes.

Pretending to troll is a common response to getting owned. Is your confusion between pronunciation and semantics also a troll?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm not normally big on linguistic prescriptivism but yeah it's 100% the French sounding pronunciation.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

TRIGGERED FOREVER

What is it with people playing this game literally being illiterate psychopaths?

Grenadier, a perk about grenades and having more of them, is not loving pronounced grin-uhh-deer. You throw grin-uhh-dees at your en-uhh-mees, do you? Burn in loving hell.

cvnvcnv posted:

Geez, I was gonna add you for some pvp, but uhh :yikes:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

Guys, keep the comms clear

*bubbler noise*

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Also in the word sepkis the k is silent.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Felt the need to trigger Wrecks with my constant and unnecessary reloading after every shot.

http://i.imgur.com/qVvfYkl.gifv

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Felt the need to trigger Wrecks with my constant and unnecessary reloading after every shot.

http://i.imgur.com/qVvfYkl.gifv

Only way to play

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

No, you make zero sense because "Grenade-ier" isn't a word and never has been.
That's a jacked up standard for something which can be found at home in sentences containing siege dancers, dark blades, undoing death, and every other thing in the game. Open the Grimoire, this is a game of :words: and the definition you provided describes every single Guardian sans perk, so your argument admittedly comes down to one being older, which doesn't give it some power to self-validate. Grenade-ier correctly, accurately, and fully represents the perk definition as given. *brain storm fart* PetSmart gets the PetsMart treatment, neither are words, and while the correct one is but a name the incorrect one correctly and accurately describes what is happening inside. I contest that Space Barbie Grimoire does not require things to have existed before.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Pretending to troll is a common response to getting owned. Is your confusion between pronunciation and semantics also a troll?
One is about Canadian soldiers and the other is gun magic. Spelled the same, different words, different pronunciations. Also, if I gave a poo poo I would go to Reddit or something but I came here to be a twit.

the good fax machine posted:

Geez, I was gonna add you for some pvp, but uhh :yikes:
Literally who?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:frogout:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Weren't you just begging for people to play with? But I guess the FNG is totally in their right to cherry pick prominent posters. :rolleyes:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously though, stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I ran a second char through Rise of Iron to get that good rolled Felwinter since I'd used my weekly thing on the other one. Now I can be the grenadiest.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

That doesn't answer my question.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Weren't you just begging for people to play with? But I guess the FNG is totally in their right to cherry pick prominent posters. :rolleyes:
I was inquiring about a clan in lieu of the100, which I'm slightly reticent of. Anyone who doesn't want to play with me is free to continue not to do so, I don't mind :)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
TRIGGERED FOREVER

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin:

I can't believe these loving idiots, illiterate psychopaths, pronouncing words correctly? THIS SEEMS LIKE A GOOD HILL TO DIE ON! I am totally not an insufferable oval office! Why won't anybody play with me?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Seriously though, keep posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

:munch:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoops, I dropped something

https://youtu.be/YJ0oQHaG6GM

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I am totally not an insufferable oval office!
Whoa whoa whoa, I have definitely never said those words.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[shaxx voice] THIS IS AMAZING*

*(Pronounced "uh mahz ing" and not "uh mayze ing" because this is a game about dark blades so we don't use the actual pronunciation of IRL words)

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
This is making me nostalgic for Monkeu.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

FishBulb posted:

God drat how do you constantly post the dumbest stuff

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[shaxx voice] THIS IS AMAZING*

*(Pronounced "uh mahz ing" and not "uh mayze ing" because this is a game about dark blades so we don't use the actual pronunciation of IRL words)
If Grenadier was a subclass or something it would makes sense to 1:1 to me. My thought when I see it is that there's a word of like spelling whose a meaning has a relevance, which informs this new thing they're making. Stopping at first appearance there doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I do love how passionate I get people, tho :allears:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Of loving course the busiest the thread has been in two months is a result of some goon going full :spergin: about a word.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

God drat how do you constantly post the dumbest stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

If Grenadier was a subclass or something it would makes sense to 1:1 to me. My thought when I see it is that there's a word of like spelling whose a meaning has a relevance, which informs this new thing they're making. Stopping at first appearance there doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I do love how passionate I get people, tho :allears:

Lol dude, RIP

• Locked thread