Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think it's from WoW where you could start an alt account and load them up with powerful "blue" or "rare" armor :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

I think it's from WoW where you could start an alt account and load them up with powerful "blue" or "rare" armor :eng101:

That's called Twinking.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I looked it up and apparently Smurfing is another way to say Laundering money and at some point it was adopted into gamer slang for basically cheating the system in a similar way. The more you know.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I looked it up and apparently Smurfing is another way to say Laundering money and at some point it was adopted into gamer slang for basically cheating the system in a similar way. The more you know.

this is the story i had heard but i got got confused, it was warcraft 2 http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/17209/where-does-the-term-smurfing-come-from

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/timthetatman/CleverLemurSeemsGood

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll probably stream competitive tonight so my SR doesn't decay.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

trying to jack off posted:

i think warcraft3

i wouldn't have guessed it, but apparently, it's from warcraft 2.

quote:

First let me explain the Smurf thing. Warp and I enjoy making up names and playing people at war2. We make them think we really suck and then beat them up. But the joke was on me because Zima pulled my own trick on me. He played as Spiderman making me think he sucked. Beaten at my own game! So sad.

Well we have lots of fun playing as smurfs. We talk in smurf. We smurf us some rear end at war 2. I guess that is totally childish, but it sure is fun.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i really love this page

quote:

Once the game started, we found out that Void was a C&C player, and had very little war2 experience. In fact, he would not stop talking about C&C! Well, as he would soon discover, C&C experience does *not* help when playing war2!

quote:

As everyone knows, you need to get the grunts, and get them fast.

quote:

We go to kchat and Spiderman(Zima) asks to join my clan. I still did not know that it was Zima! He got me bad. haha.

Well Zima types, hey "smart rear end", did not catch me this time. Well Smart rear end is what Zima always calls me because really I am one, haha. That is when I realized. He had been playing me the whole time.

But then I realized the joke was on him. He beat me, but He could not beat Warp with 2 allies. He turned out looking like a bigger idiot then me. I got wasted by one person. He got taken out by one with 2 allies to help him. hahahhahahahahahahah.

quote:

Last Updated 3/8/96

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

We need to go back

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They changed the Hog changes and now hes even better than he was before since the hook seems to pull trickier targets like Zarya into the exact correct 100% accuracy meatshot position.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

They changed the Hog changes and now hes even better than he was before since the hook seems to pull trickier targets like Zarya into the exact correct 100% accuracy meatshot position.

Time to reinstall.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt read the url and thought you posted my loving amazing soldier POTG where i miss for 30 seconds lmao

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/EBGamesAus/videos/1320111181360562/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hes the smartest man in the world

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

i really love this page

Well we have lots of fun playing as smurfs. We talk in smurf. We smurf us some rear end at war 2.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I'mma stream competitive, in about 10 to 15.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I think I'mma stream competitive, in about 10 to 15.

Bruh. The Nintendo conference is on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll see the switch when it comes out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

you were a translator for the conference

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope somebody clipped it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

theres some hecka good posts in that thread doe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My computer shut off during a match and I probably lost a game for the team. Team, if you ever see this, I'm dreadfully sorry. I think my power supply is dying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Despite what I said about smurfs someone convinced me that playing Comp drunk might be fun, plus I got a lot of lower rank friends so I made a account called Kahlúa#1196.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or maybe the diacritical mark is the other way I don't remember.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been playing with it capped at 30 FPS and insanely hung over and it's kinda fun lmao. Plus new people are so nice and cute compared to Hardcore Gamers. I watched a level 1 D.Va walk around in circles on Hanamura and walk into walls and stuff and I asked if they were lost and they said Yes A Lot....

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Wormskull posted:

I been playing with it capped at 30 FPS and insanely hung over and it's kinda fun lmao. Plus new people are so nice and cute compared to Hardcore Gamers. I watched a level 1 D.Va walk around in circles on Hanamura and walk into walls and stuff and I asked if they were lost and they said Yes A Lot....

Lol :kimchi:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I play on console so that's every game at diamond competitive tho

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Stoned Playing Overwatch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OMG And I'm seeing newbs who think you have to shoot your team to heal as Lucio. This is epic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was fun seeing people complain that bastion is OP lmao. also didnt realize i havent seen people waltzing into jrs martyr bombs in a long time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Making a smurf is a real Feels trip.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apologies to homework for making you wait forever for nothing, my b. that was fun tho guys. ggs

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't laughed as hard as I did last night playing this with you guys in a long rear end time. Roasting rediscover and Larry and Plutonis and all the other great lulz we had. drat. We need to play this more often

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Remember getting the 17 year old we met in game in there and he started flaming Larry as well. lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Remember getting the 17 year old we met in game in there and he started flaming Larry as well. lmfao

Lol yes. Denton FTW. He immediately got on voice and started rolling over Larry and rediscover lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait is it doxing or whatever to post someone's discord name.

• Locked thread