Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Tato posted:

3- Minute Warning

Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aubergine Mage posted:

Nah, give the fight to Severn.

Still sad we didn't get Severn/Abbott last year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bellator's president, in response to Newsweek asking about Punk: "I believe he's still under [UFC] contract. If he was free from obligations and wanted to fight under Bellator, we'd definitely love to have a conversation with him."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Garbrandt and Dillashaw will coach “The Ultimate Fighter” season 25, which will be comprised entirely of welterweights looking for a shot at redemption. The unique cast will be made up of former “Ultimate Fighter” winners, past contestants and one fighter who is currently on the UFC roster.

“The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption” will debut with a special two-hour episode on Wednesday, April 19 at 10 p.m. ET on FS1.

Congrats Man Punk

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Punk on a reality tv show, loving lmao I can't wait

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mickey beats his rear end but my question is Punk is really that bad at MMA? or he is too old and started trainning too late? He has a career at this?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mickey beats his rear end but my question is Punk is really that bad at MMA? or he is too old and started trainning too late? He has a career at this?

He's about average for a guy who's been training for mma for two years with little-to-no previous combat sport background; it's just that most guys of that description are fighting other dudes of that description in Duke Phillips House Of Chicken, Waffles, and Cage Fights rather than in the UFC.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Punk at the very least looked like a MMA fighter who was just outclassed by Mickey Gall rather than looking like a celebrity fighting. But he's probably too old to really make a run of it as a career. And to be fair, Punk's match was better than Ronda Rousey's last 2 matches, so he has that going for him.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyways i hope he keeps fighting if that makes him happy. Il keep watching to see him lose.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Were any of Punk surgeries covered by UFC money?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

coconono posted:

Were any of Punk surgeries covered by UFC money?

Any fighter under contract to the UFC is covered by their health insurance policy, which covers $50k per person per year, so if he had non-elective surgery after signing it would have been covered in that sense.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Punk at the very least looked like a MMA fighter who was just outclassed by Mickey Gall rather than looking like a celebrity fighting. But he's probably too old to really make a run of it as a career. And to be fair, Punk's match was better than Ronda Rousey's last 2 matches, so he has that going for him.

What did he do that made him look like an mma fighter? Nah he wiffed a punch and got murdered on the ground. No disrespect, ballsy to try it, but he didn't look like he belonged there at all.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

ICHIBAHN posted:

What did he do that made him look like an mma fighter? Nah he wiffed a punch and got murdered on the ground. No disrespect, ballsy to try it, but he didn't look like he belonged there at all.

You're describing Toney Couture. James Toney stood there and looked confused as Randy landed an ankle pick from a mile away with no setup and continued to lie flat on his back, still confused and occasionally throwing a punch to Randy's ribs, as Randy methodically and easily applied an arm triangle.

CM Punk defended sun attempts and in general at least tried to do the right things, he just wasn't good or athletically gifted enough to do it. Hence, he looked like a fighter out of his league, and not a celebrity (or unrelated combat sports athlete) pretending to be an MMA fighter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

You're describing Toney Couture. James Toney stood there and looked confused as Randy landed an ankle pick from a mile away with no setup and continued to lie flat on his back, still confused and occasionally throwing a punch to Randy's ribs, as Randy methodically and easily applied an arm triangle.

CM Punk defended sun attempts and in general at least tried to do the right things, he just wasn't good or athletically gifted enough to do it. Hence, he looked like a fighter out of his league, and not a celebrity (or unrelated combat sports athlete) pretending to be an MMA fighter.

Just watched it again and when Couture has the first triangle on him, Toney doesn't know how to give up and is saying "i give" into Randy's ears. Randy lets up the choke and starts telling Yamasaki that Toney said "I give." Yamasaki asks Toney if he's ok, and Toney free from the choke is like "yeah I'm fine" so the fight continues. While Randy is punching him, Yamasaki tells him to tap if he's done. Then Randy puts the arm triangle on the ground and Toney just waves his arm in the air at the ref because he doesn't know what else to do before he goes to sleep.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
This TUF thing would be a clever way to utilize Punk again without paying his contract fees for a pro fight. He's also dumb enough to do it to try to redeem himself even though he'd be fighting way more experienced fighters, doing reality television, and chancing missing weight.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just watched it again and when Couture has the first triangle on him, Toney doesn't know how to give up and is saying "i give" into Randy's ears. Randy lets up the choke and starts telling Yamasaki that Toney said "I give." Yamasaki asks Toney if he's ok, and Toney free from the choke is like "yeah I'm fine" so the fight continues. While Randy is punching him, Yamasaki tells him to tap if he's done. Then Randy puts the arm triangle on the ground and Toney just waves his arm in the air at the ref because he doesn't know what else to do before he goes to sleep.

While it's definitely true that CM Punk was not on the short list for the worst ever, this does not mean he belonged there.

I really can't believe anyone truly watched that "fight" and thought it was anything other than embarrassing. It's not like it was a title shot or something, they found a can.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

dont even fink about it posted:

I really can't believe anyone truly watched that "fight" and thought it was anything other than embarrassing. It's not like it was a title shot or something, they found a can.

Mickey Gall is emphatically not a can.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I got the impression that fink there might have forgotten to type "could have" (found a can).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Memento posted:

I got the impression that fink there might have forgotten to type "could have" (found a can).

I'll use this as my escape card.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fatherdog posted:

Mickey Gall is emphatically not a can.

Mickey Gall is quite good

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I want Punk vs Sage, dammit.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Sage is kinda bad but not that bad

I feel like American MMA is too normal for Punk, he should maybe go to Japan and do freakshow fights against other pro-wrestlers and guys with 1-1 and 0-1 records. Any semi-decent guy they get for him here will likely murder him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

chaleski posted:

I feel like American MMA is too normal for Punk, he should maybe go to Japan and do freakshow fights against other pro-wrestlers and guys with 1-1 and 0-1 records. Any semi-decent guy they get for him here will likely murder him

there's this fed on Fight Pass called Alaskan Fighting Championships that would be perfect for him.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

chaleski posted:

Is Punk vs. Bob Sapp too good for this world? I don't want to live in a world where it is.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If Sapp actually came to fight and not flop in the first ten seconds he'd slam Punk so hard it'd make the Randleplex and the Arona triangle slam look gentle

Make it happen, Rizen

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Punk vs. Sakuraba in Rizin to let Saku get a win this decade would be perfect especially since they could hype Punk's connection to Rener.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Punk on a reality tv show, loving lmao I can't wait
i want this because i love punk and find him to be a hugely entertaining personality, but there is no loving way that he would tolerate being locked in a house with a bunch of idiots

do they not make them stay in the house any more? cause then i could see him do it

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I don't know if I'm missing the joke but they announced the line up for TUF and Punk isn't on it

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

cams posted:

i want this because i love punk and find him to be a hugely entertaining personality, but there is no loving way that he would tolerate being locked in a house with a bunch of idiots

do they not make them stay in the house any more? cause then i could see him do it

They're still in the house.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

vainman posted:

I don't know if I'm missing the joke but they announced the line up for TUF and Punk isn't on it

It's supposedly the final season as well

If the rumors are true it'll have some maniacs like Junie Browning and Julian "let me bang bro" Lane in it, lol at the thought of Punk being stuck in the same house as them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Former WWE champion CM Punk has been announced as joining the cast of MTV series The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros. This will be the latest installment of an ongoing Challenge series for the network where sports stars compete against alumni of the reality competition.

The six-week event, which was filmed a month ago in California, will feature past alumni of the MTV staple and pro athletes competing for $50,000 for one man and one woman. The athletes are competing for charity.

CM Punk, listed as UFC fighter, will be competing for PAWS Chicago.

The series will debut on 5/16 at 9 PM Eastern.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Did he ever fight ?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bundt Cake posted:

Did he ever fight ?

define fight

CM Punk is gonna get beat up by a middle aged dad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bundt Cake posted:

Did he ever fight ?

Got his rear end kicked, still under contract and Dana's considering another opponent

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I want to see CT beat the piss out of Punk, hell I want to see Laurel beat the piss out of Punk.

For the record I like CM Punk, but still.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

The Stroker Ace posted:

I want to see CT beat the piss out of Punk, hell I want to see Laurel beat the piss out of Punk.

If CT turns him into a backpack it would be the greatest moment in television history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W--_r6ZfUh0

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
how long until he's back in wwe? i give it 2 years at this point

edit: does anything have that video someone here made of cm punk sparring with some dude and the dude explaning on a podcast how punk was pissed that he was tagged?

also lol

http://i.imgur.com/wGkYIF5.gifv

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 24, 2017

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

The Stroker Ace posted:

It has to be CT, right? MoTY.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I could tell after watching Punk's pre-fight workout that he was going to get destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4FDxcdQJsE

I mean, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want to see Punk fight Abram. That fucker is crazy.

I'd die laughing if the MTV vet Punk was up against ended up being Miz.

• Locked thread