Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Red posted:

I guess when the norm is going out golfing, showing up is medal worthy.

Stiglich posted:

Mayor Kenney: Ignore the ban, ‘sit where you want’ in Rittenhouse Square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

so close to backwards bong use... too hard to tell....

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Playstation 4 posted:

Cash for Clunkers, incidentally, annihilated the used car market, mostly used by, you guessed it, poorer people.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Biden deserved a medal just for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptqDRfn_-M&t=21s

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Joel Christian Gill on Obama's time in office.

Joey Alison Sayers on for-profit prisons.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Unemployment is down, but the jobs people are getting aren't the ones they want. The number isn't the end all be all and this is a big reason the last election went how it did.

It's still a bullshit cartoon but I wish the "this is fine"-ing about the unemployment number would get a little more nuanced.

I think that the unemployment problem is as solved as I think it can be without a massive effort to reeducated and relocate huge chunks of the labor force. We are seeing the consequences that come when politicans ignore the problems inherent to the transition from an industrial economy to a service economy. The DNC at least acknowledges the problem (recall every time Obama mentions low unemployment he also adds that we have a lot of work to do still) while the GOP has actively and knowingly spent the last 40 years making it worse. Any time someone on the Right complains about jobs and the economy I just want to yell in their face.

Edit: fixing phone post typos

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 16, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

oddium posted:

so close to backwards bong use... too hard to tell....

There's no bowl. Even if there was, who the gently caress lights it when it's pressed up against their chest?

It's circumstantial, but I think we can close the case. This cartoonist is guilty of backwards bong use.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 16, 2017

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Fuuuuuuuuck yooooooou, you hypocrite

quote:

Soda is unhealthier than weed, AGC

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I think that the unemployment problem is as solved as I think it can be without a massive effort to reeducated and relocate huge chunks of the labor force. We are seeing the consequences that come when politicans ignore the problems inherent to the transition from an industrial economy to a service economy. The DNC at least acknowledges the problem (recall every time Obama mentions low unemployment he also adds that we have a lot of work to do still) while the GOP has actively and knowingly spent the last 40 years making it worse. Any time someone on the Right complains about jobs and the economy I just want to yell in their face.

Edit: fixing phone post typos

It'd get better if you raised minimum wage since then not as many people would need two jobs to make ends meet, thus freeing up a job for someone who can't find one. We saw a little of this when the ACA went into effect and some people were able to quit their second job since they didn't need it to cover insurance.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
But there won't be as many jobs, because obviously employment is perfectly elastic and not at all almost the exact opposite of that.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
If you haven't read John Lewis's graphic novel series March, I recommend it.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

duz posted:

It'd get better if you raised minimum wage since then not as many people would need two jobs to make ends meet, thus freeing up a job for someone who can't find one. We saw a little of this when the ACA went into effect and some people were able to quit their second job since they didn't need it to cover insurance.

That's a fair point but that's again something the Right has fought tirelessly to undermine or even completely destroy. Ultimately we need to move people out of low paying jobs and away from economically blighted areas that can't support them. None of these things will be happening any time soon so really is moot. Maybe in two years if the American people finally decide to oust the GOP from power for openly screwing them. I'm not holding my breath.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Somfin posted:

Okay quick question

How much are those rent-a-protesters being paid in these folks' fevered imaginations

Whatever they're being paid, James O'Keefe will top it for them to riot instead.

GOP decides one of the top priorities is to make buying suppressors easier

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

For those of you wondering, Eric Lewis, i.e. the Animal Nuz guy, posted his last cartoon in September, after which he went to Florida to work as a field organizer for Hillary's campaign. He said at the time that he'd resume cartooning in November, but after certain events intervened, it seems like now he's focusing more on organizing and is looking for a full-time job in progressive politics. He hasn't said anything about Animal Nuz being over, but it doesn't look to be returning for a while. I will be ready to bring it back when it does.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cut to 8 years ago when Bush handed that very same stick of dynamite to Obama.

The projection is real.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This artist has no idea how a relay race works!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

seiferguy posted:

Obama is angry that Trump handed him a lit stick of dynamite. An Obama's Legacy Cartoon. :smith:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

OldMemes posted:

If you haven't read John Lewis's graphic novel series March, I recommend it.

I'm phone posting so can't find/paste it easy but there's also a great article about how he went to one of the big comic cons, cosplayed as himself and then led a reenactment March with a bunch of fourth graders. You guys have to see it it is cute as heck.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Political Cartoons 2017: KER-WHUMP!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

seiferguy posted:

Maybe this cartoon was meant to be posted in 2021 when Trump hands a 2008-tier bombed economy to third-term Obama?

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

The "cartoonist" has no idea how protesting works.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

Maybe this cartoon was meant to be posted in 2021 when Trump hands a 2008-tier bombed economy to third-term Obama?

Michelle would kill Obama if he even thought of the idea.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

ratbert90 posted:

Michelle would kill Obama if he even thought of the idea.

In that timeline Branco is also drawing a pro-Obama cartoon so anything's possible :v:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ben Carson?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I've always wondered what it would feel like to live in Branco's universe for a while

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You know, I actually think this could be a pretty funny cartoon if it wasn't so awfully rendered.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's 'shared society' vision – Theresa May has promised the government will tackle ‘everyday injustices’ affecting working-class Britons in an address to the Charity Commission"

Telegraph:

Sterling skids to three-month low on hard Brexit concerns

Independent:

Hammond threatens EU with aggressive tax changes after Brexit

Times:

Ringling Bros circus to close 'Greatest Show on Earth' after 146 years

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

tacodaemon posted:

I've always wondered what it would feel like to live in Branco's universe for a while
The Freep thread seems to give a pretty good idea.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Bok look how easy it is to draw a metaphor for something being dead. You put an X through its eyes. You don't draw the eye WIDE OPEN WITH A PUPIL AND SURROUNDED BY FEAR LINES.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't think I've seen this Rodney Dangerfield movie, but I'd like to!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Abyssal Squid posted:

Bok look how easy it is to draw a metaphor for something being dead. You put an X through its eyes. You don't draw the eye WIDE OPEN WITH A PUPIL AND SURROUNDED BY FEAR LINES.

But it was representing a murder scene

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Someone please explain the urinal cake earrings to me. Any relation to the tow-chain necklace she's wearing in the photo of the accompanying article, or is it just a Trump reference?

Michael Che posted:

“Dude, you’re a real estate tycoon. You couldn’t think of anyone more qualified for Housing and Urban Development than Steve Harvey? It feels like every decision Donald Trump makes starts with the sentence, ‘Yo, you know what would be hilarious?'”

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

You know, I actually think this could be a pretty funny cartoon if it wasn't so awfully rendered.

For some reason, Roll is making me angry again. Where's your arrest record, Ted? Where are your scars? Where is your molotov, your brick, your bat? When in his life has Todd ever done even what the soft, ineffective liberals he criticizes do much less gone farther?

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

How is it that out of everything in this thread, nothing makes me madder than the fact that the V&A doesn't have a copy of Caryatid Fallen Under her Stone, but they do have the Three Graces.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

This one's good.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

For some reason, Roll is making me angry again. Where's your arrest record, Ted? Where are your scars? Where is your molotov, your brick, your bat? When in his life has Todd ever done even what the soft, ineffective liberals he criticizes do much less gone farther?

Ted seems like he's just the right age to have been inspired by the brilliant tactic of Ayatollah Khomeini to cool his heels outside Paris while everybody else does the hard work of overthrowing the government and then, once that's accomplished, flying in on a jet to take control of everything. At least the ayatollah had the excuse of being legitimately in exile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Someone please explain the urinal cake earrings to me. Any relation to the tow-chain necklace she's wearing in the photo of the accompanying article, or is it just a Trump reference?

Michael Che posted:

“Dude, you’re a real estate tycoon. You couldn’t think of anyone more qualified for Housing and Urban Development than Steve Harvey? It feels like every decision Donald Trump makes starts with the sentence, ‘Yo, you know what would be hilarious?'”

Holy poo poo when I saw this on SNL I thought it was a joke... he really did ask Steve Harvey for input on running HUD. :shepicide:

• Locked thread