Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

nobody can figure out why i would be a "dick" and make fun of the constant posts about mobility creep!!

edit: keven how do you feel about the fact that people who get mad at me usually feel the need to also bring you up out of nowhere

I think it's because we're both jerks and dont have the exact same opinions so we must want to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Camille E might be the best skill in the game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wtf it has bonus attack speed?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

Camille <insert ability> might be the best skill in the game

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Were you playing for release Zyra? I remember them hot fixing her and then saying essentially "if you didn't think she was OP it's because you were bad at playing her".

My favorite op on release champion was draven , who would roll into lane, hit you with a whirling blade auto for 100, then laugh as you bled for another 100

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Luna Was Here posted:

My favorite op on release champion was draven , who would roll into lane, hit you with a whirling blade auto for 100, then laugh as you bled for another 100

He was like that for a year. I'm not exaggerating, an entire year with no nerfs until they changed the passive.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 16, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I am still incredibly bitter that friends said he was loving terrible on release

i mean yes this was during the adc trinity but whatever

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I can't remember, wasn't the bleed true damage too

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
It even made you bleed in real life

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Luna Was Here posted:

I can't remember, wasn't the bleed true damage too

Nah, it was physical, but it was still extremely good. Thematically matches up with Darius better than Adoration too

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I wasn't playing when xin zhao was released but apparently

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i've only been playing since the start of season 4 but the highest champ winrate i've seen by far was the Skarner 'juggernaut' rework at around 65%. The next highest ones were all at 60 or under.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

I wasn't playing when xin zhao was released but apparently

Let us enjoy our Member Berries in peace pls

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah the juggernaut rework fiora was loving stupid. darius kind of was too in so much as he actually saw pro play. that was also when mordekaiser could three shot every adc from levels 1 to infinity.

because assassins are harder to play and have their win rate dragged down more the fizz and leblanc parts of the assassin rework may have actually been worse, tho.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

agh poo poo i missed the cool meta thread callout flamewar now i have to talk about camille fuuuuuck

well... ehm... camille is good

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Nah, it was physical, but it was still extremely good. Thematically matches up with Darius better than Adoration too

rest in peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-NXLOwUgRg

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Rengar post bugfix/ease of use adjustment pre triple hop fix is the most busted champ in league history and the most fun I ever had playing league.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Rengar post bugfix/ease of use adjustment pre triple hop fix is the most busted champ in league history and the most fun I ever had playing league.

keven i used to trust you. we could have been brothers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh accidentally giving rengar the passive AD deathcap when also he got the ability to break/become immune to cc was really fantastic. wow the assassin rework was hilarious

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm talking way back at release where you could charge 4 Q stacks on golem starting at 1:40 then go to top lane and auto-Q-empowered Q-Ignite for about 500 damage & if you hit q on a new target right as you finished a bush leap you'd jump again even without brush so with 4 stacks you could auto out of bush then hop halfway down a lane to get a guy like a big furry yasuo e (funny how this insanely broken bug is now a regular skill for a certainlyT champ :thinking:) & of course the W used to make you immortal.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm talking way back at release where you could charge 4 Q stacks on golem starting at 1:40 then go to top lane and auto-Q-empowered Q-Ignite for about 500 damage & if you hit q on a new target right as you finished a bush leap you'd jump again even without brush so with 4 stacks you could auto out of bush then hop halfway down a lane to get a guy like a big furry yasuo e (funny how this insanely broken bug is now a regular skill for a certainlyT champ :thinking:) & of course the W used to make you immortal.

RIP AP Rengar

yelling "COME ON!" and then never dying

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
the assassin rework is good because leblanc has a semi-global laugh with RR now

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Dragongem posted:

RIP AP Rengar

yelling "COME ON!" and then never dying

LETS FIGHT!! (auto clears wave, heals for 650, gets 50 MR and armor for reasons that remain unclear)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I mean I guess if you jumped out from literally nowhere screaming COMEONNN that could maybe scare someone to death?

That was a time when Riot threw in 1:1 AP ratios on an arbitrary ability on an AD champ and idiots would rush AP because ???

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
AP tryndamere

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

okay that poo poo was legitimately infuriating

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I still miss AP Sion. It was like AP Malph but somehow even dumber and if you got ahead, woe be their ADC

Orv
May 4, 2011

henkman posted:

AP tryndamere

gently caress you.

Magewick was fun though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure half of the original cast that weren't balanced around building AP to begin with were pretty stupid if you built AP on them because they gave every bruiser a 1 AP ratio on every skill and actually took time to balance the casters with 0.8 ratios and the like.

We've had AP trist, sion, gragas, warwick, shaco, trynd and a few more.

Gragas early recommended items included bloodthirster and infinity edge.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Remember AP Yi and the 4.0 ratio his heal had?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Honestly everyone's recommended items were garbage for a good while. I don't know how they got new players sometimes with how stupid they were.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Orv posted:

Honestly everyone's recommended items were garbage for a good while. I don't know how they got new players sometimes with how stupid they were.
For the last 3 years I don't know how they've retained anyone because every new player I've talked to gets frustrated and quits before level 10 because everyone's a Bronze/Silver smurf leveling up and poo poo-talking them for not knowing how to reach an outstanding 4 CS/minute like they do

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

For the last 3 years I don't know how they've retained anyone because every new player I've talked to gets frustrated and quits before level 10 because everyone's a Bronze/Silver smurf leveling up and poo poo-talking them for not knowing how to reach an outstanding 4 CS/minute like they do

I drat near quit playing multiple times while leveling up because of high ranked players on smurf accounts just being dreadful to everybody. It was disturbingly common to see people admitting they had like 12 accounts that they rotated through as they got banned and rebanned. You'd see them say things like "when you get to ranked don't report because this is what happens. I just make new accounts as I need to and play whichever one isn't banned. This isn't fun, is it?" I guarantee that every game that happened had at least one newbie drop the game forever.

The League community is still tremendously toxic and I find myself playing less and less because of it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How has the "Remember this OP champ" gone on for 2 pages without someone mentioned 4.20 Warwick. I watched a three-item Warwick jump into 4 people solo and just AA heal through their combined damage.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Lulu seems like a pretty decent supp right now, surprised I don't see her often. Her kit has some good answers to a lot of the current meta and she's not bad in lane. Even if I just spend all game bouncing lee everytime he goes for the adc it feels pretty useful and I'm consistently getting S ranks on her.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Lulu will be a lot better if Talon and Yi become popular again, she completely shuts that poo poo down

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Firebert posted:

Lulu will be a lot better if Talon and Yi become popular again, she completely shuts that poo poo down
Luckily Riot hosed up Talon's rework and Yi is in no danger of becoming broken unless they introduce another Feral Flare and fix his Alpha Strike bugs

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Rengar is popular right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think maybe her ult not synergizing with ws/the new items is a bit of a drawback but so far I've just been going eye > t2 boots > athenes and it feels like it has good lane pressure, can survive the 4v2 dive pretty well, and then you just spend rest of the game spamming lances, boosts, and shields that heal.

• Locked thread