Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope we talk more about politics in TFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hand Row posted:

Fox Valley is the swing region of the state.

Outagamie County, also, has voted for a Democratic president only twice since 1964. Calumet and Winnebago Counties are pretty heavily Republican, too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it's because the same loving teams are in the playoffs every year so the regular season is meaningless and it isn't until after wild card weekend that any games matter.

I mean this is the first time all year I've really started watching games instead of just a few highlights on Monday.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Go anyone but the Patriots

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If only Derek Carr hadn't died for our sins.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Fox Valley is the swing region of the state.

the fox valley is the world capital of the phrase "i'm not racist, but," and any attempt to spin the UW and Lawrence campuses into some useful Force For Good in a sea of racist townie shitheads is a waste of time

i mean they reelected loving Glenn Grothman. What Are You Talking About

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Go Atlanta. If my bandwagon happy dynasty team cant win it this year no others deserve to do so

Edit: honestly I'll take whoever is most likely to beat the Patriots at this point

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Anybody but the Packers. Somebody needs to stop them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fishing with the fam posted:

Same, with NE added in. Steelers Falcons is the best option we have.

Let's go Big Ben! I, for one, am not yet tired of us making really obvious "whether you like it or not" jokes!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

if the steelers win it will just further strengthen everyone in pittsburgh's belief that they're the best, hardest working, truest and most blue collar people in the world and frankly gently caress everyone who is cheering for that.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Can't stop won't stop

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pittsburgh is so blue collar that it transcends into some other collar.

What color collar is "I wear a t-shirt to work?" Its whatever color that is.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Aye Doc posted:

if the steelers win it will just further strengthen everyone in pittsburgh's belief that they're the best, hardest working, truest and most blue collar people in the world and frankly gently caress everyone who is cheering for that.

If the Pats win Mark Wahlberg will be happy and perpetuate Bostonstrong, blue collar, blah blah blah, loooosah.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

If the Pats win Mark Wahlberg will be happy and perpetuate Bostonstrong, blue collar, blah blah blah, loooosah.

yes but i wont have to see those people doing it on my local streets, or saying it in my face with their yuengling and primantis breath

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

of the remaining teams, only massachusetts voted against trump.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oh where do Bill and Tom live?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Groovelord Neato posted:

of the remaining stadium locations by county, Atlanta is the Bluest :smug:

Fulton, GA: 69.2%
Norfolk, MA: 61.2%
Allegheny, PA: 56.4%
Brown, WI: 41.9%

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Of the remaining teams, only three of their head coaches refrained from writing a letter to Trump using the prose of a One Direction fangirl.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HannibalBarca posted:

of the remaining stadium locations by county, Atlanta is the Bluest :smug:

only because kraft wouldn't kiss menino's ring and we're stuck with our stadium is a lovely place nobody would go to otherwise!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Chris James 2 posted:

http://aflcfootball.com/index.php/team/team_intro

Just putting down that I am now a Hong Kong Combat Orcas and Chengdu Pandaman fan

This isn't getting enough attention, holy poo poo some of these are great.

I also like that their Titans logo is a lovely and boring as ours.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Sign me up for the IRON BROTHERS fan club.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Falcons or Patriots.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Aye Doc posted:

yes but i wont have to see those people doing it on my local streets, or saying it in my face with their yuengling and primantis breath

:qq:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sign me up for the IRON BROTHERS fan club.

Combat Orcas for life, bitch.

Edit
:lol: the Shanghai Titans have a better logo than Tennessee.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Go Falcons. I might not even bother to watch the Superbowl if it is Packers vs Steelers/Pats.

I don't think the Packers have a chance to beat the Falcons, though. Dak looked like the game was way too big for him and then Dom Capers still managed to screw up his adjustments enough to make Dak look as good as Romo.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

True, but take a gander at who the Patriots have faced at qb throughout the entire season + Brock Osweiler

Unfortunately Ben hasn't shown himself to be any better on the road. The result is going to be determined by how well Ben plays.

I'm confident the Pitt defense can do enough to win if the offense approaches 30 pts. Nothing from 2016 shows that is likely. I think playcalling mattered more than talent in the redzone futility on Sunday, and I think that is a positive.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Texans and George Godsey part ways :woop:

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

MrLogan posted:

Go Falcons. I might not even bother to watch the Superbowl if it is Packers vs Steelers/Pats.

I don't think the Packers have a chance to beat the Falcons, though. Dak looked like the game was way too big for him and then Dom Capers still managed to screw up his adjustments enough to make Dak look as good as Romo.

I think the Packers have a chance every single game because of #12. The issue is that they may be too injured to take down a team with 2 game breaking RBs and a top 3 receiver.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Moxie posted:

Unfortunately Ben hasn't shown himself to be any better on the road. The result is going to be determined by how well Ben plays.

I'm confident the Pitt defense can do enough to win if the offense approaches 30 pts. Nothing from 2016 shows that is likely. I think playcalling mattered more than talent in the redzone futility on Sunday, and I think that is a positive.

Steelers have won their last 5 road games in this 9 game win streak, regardless of how Ben plays. Patriots are probably gonna win, but many of the shortcomings this team has had since being Tebow'd have been corrected and addressed. If they don't win it all this year, they will within a year or 2. They're very, very close.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dramatika posted:

Texans and George Godsey part ways :woop:

Thank goodness, though the writing was probably on the wall the second BoB took over playcalling

Now go hire Norv or something

Nov 6, 2002

holy poo poo that avatar

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's the best

Nov 6, 2002

Here's one without jpeg artifacts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eh I'm fine with it. Someone bought it for me and I'll keep it, artifacts and all

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Just putting down that I am now a Hong Kong Combat Orcas and Chengdu Pandaman fan

That's a weird tribute to Tilikum if I've ever seen one.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

I didn't realize there were Apache in China.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Aye Doc posted:

Both Yuengling and Primanti's are cool and good.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Listening to Pittsburgh callers on Boston sports radio today lead me to an epiphany. Pittsburgh fans are stupid. Now, by contrast: NE fans aren't stupid; they're childish.

Given my druthers, I guess I'd rather have someone tell me the Pittsburgh offense is an unstoppable juggernaut (of no loving TDs yesterday) than have someone cry when I tell them the Pats cheated or they had a soft schedule or might possibly lose a game. But I can see why they both compete for worst NFL fanbases.

You know what proves this rule? I'm a Pats fan and I'm widely casting aspersions on groups of strangers, which is the most childish thing of all.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Dang Hong Kong has three teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Dang Hong Kong is a good band name

• Locked thread