Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rodatose posted:

i'm a rofflpossum
roflquoll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rodatose posted:

i'm a rofflpossum

I'm this badger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DQrlN1KOl8

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
hey who here likes artichokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jghZyFsQ-tw

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

They're okay, but not worth the effort.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Haha.

I mean this sucks a lot of rear end and people are going to suffer and I don't want that but maybe some political problems will will solve themselves

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

yeah i don't like all the work either

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Are there blond people in America, like at all?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Randler posted:

Yeah. More in some regions than in others. Why?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Absurd Alhazred posted:

you haven't been dipping them in enough seasoned fat, eventually it balances out the effort

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

maybe nationalize energy so it's not so volatile and subject to control of price gougers who do their best to minimize any economic gain to working class people??

how about we handle it like grown ups instead

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Randler posted:

I'm blond

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

:ironicat:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

hosed up op

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Majorian posted:

Also at that point you don't send her away to another jail cell or whatever. You find a loving two-handed sword and bisect her, because she is not going to be able to be rehabilitated, sorry.

no, no, we should put her in an invisible cage so that when the cage vanishes and she escapes nobody can tell

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There are way more blond people in most places I've gone in the US than in Israel, where every blond person stands out like a sore thumb.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

it's bizarre and incomprehensible when you watch it, too. REPRESSED MEMORIES are dumb enough without doing them twice about the same thing

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

corn in the bible posted:

it's bizarre and incomprehensible when you watch it, too. REPRESSED MEMORIES are dumb enough without doing them twice about the same thing

ah, so they decided to go full zoidberg

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah. More in some regions than in others. Why?

Reading hairstyle blogs (German selection is dismal), and like 90 % of the models seems to dark haired.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

ah, so they decided to go full zoidberg

At least that one had a yeti in it.

(that was the yeti one right?)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The many men, women and children who spend their days glued to their smartphones and social media accounts might learn something from Lin-Manuel Miranda, creator of the groundbreaking megahit “Hamilton.” Asked in an interview with Delta Sky magazine when and where he finds time to be creative, Mr. Miranda, an avid reader of books and enthusiast for unfettered downtime, replied: “The good idea comes in the moment of rest. It comes in the shower. It comes when you’re doodling or playing trains with your son. ‘Hamilton’ forced me to double down on being awake to the inspirations of just living my life.”

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Majorian posted:

At least that one had a yeti in it.

(that was the yeti one right?)

no it was the one with the space whale

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no it was the one with the space whale

Oh yeah, I liked that one.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

boner confessor posted:

The many men, women and children who spend their days glued to their smartphones and social media accounts might learn something from Lin-Manuel Miranda, creator of the groundbreaking megahit “Hamilton.” Asked in an interview with Delta Sky magazine when and where he finds time to be creative, Mr. Miranda, an avid reader of books and enthusiast for unfettered downtime, replied: “The good idea comes in the moment of rest. It comes in the shower. It comes when you’re doodling or playing trains with your son. ‘Hamilton’ forced me to double down on being awake to the inspirations of just living my life.”

he's not wrong

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Volkerball posted:

i just picked up from a place that has a sign that says "THIS IS A FOREIGN TRADE ZONE" and there's a bunch of hispanic people as the dock workers, and the white middle management desk guy has "trump make america great again" as their desktop

let's have the grown ups handle themselves out of their own job

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Reading hairstyle blogs (German selection is dismal), and like 90 % of the models seems to dark haired.

well yeah b/c like 90% of white folks over here are dark haired

blonde is just uncommon

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
albeit im in california but i see more people with hair dyed in some sort of vibrant color or bleached than actual blonde folks

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

UberJew posted:

well yeah b/c like 90% of white folks over here are dark haired

blonde is just uncommon

That feels unintuitively low. Isn't the majority of white people in America still descended from North and Central European populations?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Randler posted:

That feels unintuitively low. Isn't the majority of white people in America still descended from North and Central European populations?

Race mixing won the day. :911:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
you see more blond people in north central america because of the relative isolation and stronger concentration of scandinavian heritage there but i'm pretty much pure german american and my hair is dark

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Race mixing won the day. :911:

yeah this

it is a common joke how white 'muricans like to claim to be native american b/c they are 1/32nd or so but scratch any poor white family tree and there's usually quite a bit, there are several ancestors in mine

not to mention plenty of crossover between the irish and italian waves of immigration and the germans

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 17, 2017

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
and yeah im a representative example of generic white midwesterner b/c i'm not ethnically jewish, my mom converted

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

Lot of Irish. Proper black Irish, not those fake redheads.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i say poor white because being the 'right kind' of white person is and was tied up with class which is why we've got the pejorative WASPs (white anglo-saxon protestant) because the well off northeasterners tended to stay in a racial clique rather than mixing with the various waves of immigration or natives

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

UberJew posted:

i say poor white because being the 'right kind' of white person is and was tied up with class which is why we've got the pejorative WASPs (white anglo-saxon protestant) because the well off northeasterners tended to stay in a racial clique rather than mixing with the various waves of immigration or natives

Tbf so did a lot of Appalachian whites, but I think that's an exception that proves the rule.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/AlanaMassey/status/821130340479696896

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

boner confessor posted:

. ‘Hamilton’ forced me to double down on being awake to the inspirations of just living my life.”

wasn't that the old korean air slogan

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
:yayclod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA96yDuRZ-4

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

:aaaaa:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
artichokes are good when theyve been precut and are surrounded by spinach and a sort of queso dip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/821025244064444417

donald trump is going to have a heart attack within 6 months

• Locked thread