Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

sunday at work posted:

Spotting flares should regernerate like mortars.

They really should. Having just 2 is lame. Most support players seem to use the crate, so i have a hard time getting re-supplies in the field when I'm not support. It's funny because, when I play support, I see friendly snipers as free points: they always need resupplied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Snak posted:

I don't know what servers you're playing on, but Empire's Edge always has an arty truck that just drives back and forth across the non-ocean side of the map. As soon as it takes one hit from anything it just books it to the other side of the map. Shoots things from over there. Then comes back. Just drives back and forth the whole time. I don't think anyone ever kills it. I've tried.

edit: If I am close enough to a snipers building to limpet charge it, I can just go in and kill the sniper, it's not like they're gonna turn around. Instead, I kill snipers with mortars, which have a 100m range.

It's me. I'm the guy in the truck killing people as they rush at me trying to kill me with light anti tank grenades :henget:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

I don't know what servers you're playing on, but Empire's Edge always has an arty truck that just drives back and forth across the non-ocean side of the map. As soon as it takes one hit from anything it just books it to the other side of the map. Shoots things from over there. Then comes back. Just drives back and forth the whole time. I don't think anyone ever kills it. I've tried.

My advice for dealing with a tanklord/arty truck lord is to grab a bomber. Go at a high altitude, and since good tank/arty truck players are usually taking shots from a safe distance away they're often stationary and you can easily one shot them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

My advice for dealing with a tanklord/arty truck lord is to grab a bomber. Go at a high altitude, and since good tank/arty truck players are usually taking shots from a safe distance away they're often stationary and you can easily one shot them

I mean, I just play around them. If you know what direction the arty is always coming from, it's not to big of a deal.

Trying to play with goons fails yet again. Had a good run on operations though.

I can't believe, due to switching guns so much, that some.medic rifle is still my top weapon. I have gained 20 levels in other classes combined since I last played a medic.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Finally level 10'd all my classes. gently caress. So glad that's over with. Assault was literally the worst class to level up because it's what, like 55,000 points/level? Or some stupid poo poo like that?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you are stationary and/or hiding in the back you are not a good tank/arty truck player. These are probably the 2 things you should avoid doing if you want to be useful.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

RCarr posted:

If you are stationary and/or hiding in the back you are not a good tank/arty truck player. These are probably the 2 things you should avoid doing if you want to be useful.

Callin' you out lovely scouts that want to snipe from spawn.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Dumb question.
When you're leveling up a class, is it only XP earned from class specific actions (resupplying, spotting, reviving, etc.) that goes toward leveling up a class? Or is it total XP earned while playing that class per match? Or some other formula?

I ask because I feel like I should have leveled up classes more than I have, based on the XP I've earned per match.
Is there any way to see your XP progress per class? I see the little bar at the top of the loadout customization screen, but I don't see any numbers associated with it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jay_Zombie posted:

Dumb question.
When you're leveling up a class, is it only XP earned from class specific actions (resupplying, spotting, reviving, etc.) that goes toward leveling up a class? Or is it total XP earned while playing that class per match?

It's total XP. Capping points, etc. count toward it.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Zipperelli. posted:

Finally level 10'd all my classes. gently caress. So glad that's over with. Assault was literally the worst class to level up because it's what, like 55,000 points/level? Or some stupid poo poo like that?

were you not running any of the squad boosts the game shits at you? or leeching off of john q pubbie?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

You can view your level exp numbers in the soldier tab off the main menu. Click on the "weapons and gear" or whatever option. It should be the second one, below "customize soldier" which you should never click because it wipes your settings and takes a minute to load you into an empty server.

Speaking of, my "vehicles" screen has been bugged since the last patch. All the icons look zoomed and it doesn't display the stats for anything I have a star with; just stays on the last thing I viewed that doesn't have a star. Anyone else run into this?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

RCarr posted:

It's total XP. Capping points, etc. count toward it.

Thanks. I guess I need to up my game.

Dinosaurs! posted:

You can view your level exp numbers in the soldier tab off the main menu. Click on the "weapons and gear" or whatever option. It should be the second one, below "customize soldier" which you should never click because it wipes your settings and takes a minute to load you into an empty server.

Noted. Thank you. I'll not click that and keep spamming med packs and ammo to supplement my abysmal scores. :)

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Such a :dice: move that you can't view your class progress numerically through the in-game customization screen. The "weapons and gear" menu has the same progress bar in the same spot just with the addition of numbers.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Did class rank reset for anyone else? Just saw all my classes are back at 0.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

plz dont pull out posted:

Did class rank reset for anyone else? Just saw all my classes are back at 0.

Check in-game. If you use the app or the customize tab on the title screen it bugs out sometimes.

Robot Randy posted:

were you not running any of the squad boosts the game shits at you? or leeching off of john q pubbie?

I was, but it was still a slog.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Check in-game. If you use the app or the customize tab on the title screen it bugs out sometimes.

I was, but it was still a slog.

Yeah that's what it was. :dice: but at least it wasn't a real setback.

Anyway I've settled into support and medic pretty well, so now I'm trying out scout. What unscoped rifles do y'all typically use?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I used the m1903 experimental for most of the to lvl10, but since then the smle III Carbine has been working really well for me. 1 hit at most medium range distances. Run with flares and incendiary trip mines. Great fun :)

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
SMLE infantry and m95 infantry and my go tos. Smle because you can shoot 10 times before reloading and it's good mid range and the m95 because you don't have to stop adsing to rechamber a round so you can shoot a follow up shot incredibly quickly

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
None of the infantry or carbine scout rifles make you come out of ADS to work the bolt. The 95 marksman is the only scoped rifle that lets you stay ADS while working the bolt, but the 95 doesn't have a sweet spot.

E: the Gewher 95 not the Russian.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 17, 2017

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Thanks. Just picked up the Russian 1895 Trench and the Bodeo so I can roll as Sheriff Scout.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

sunday at work posted:

None of the infantry or carbine scout rifles make you come out of ADS to work the bolt. The 95 marksman is the only scoped rifle that lets you stay ADS while working the bolt, but the 95 doesn't have a sweet spot.

Oh duh I'm dumb. Either way I generally don't stay ADSed between shots. Gotta take advantage of that sweet aim assist

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

plz dont pull out posted:

Thanks. Just picked up the Russian 1895 Trench and the Bodeo so I can roll as Sheriff Scout.

cowboy mode is real fun. i dont see anyone ever use the trench periscope but that thing is useful as all get out. your crosshair stays in the same place when you switch back to your gat so it makes counter sniping with irons a breeze, and the red outline it gives to spotted enemies is incredible

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The bodeo takes far too long to reload. I'd rather use a revolver with a top break or the mars automatic

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Gotta savor that reload. Nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased chamber.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/UnfinishedAshamedIrishredandwhitesetter
Horses are great for reaching people in out of bounds areas.

https://gfycat.com/HeavyAmusingGrebe
Or just for people that group up too closely.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Hey goons, (repost, not sure which thread is where is should be)

Resident bad gamer here. ((Xbone Tag - OldCaptainLog)You might now me as the guy with an irritating parrot or the irritating guy with a parrot if you played XBONE destiny or BF3 for 360. Well, the parrots died and I'm still here bored. Let's play!

Also, if I haven't played with you a bunch please send a message with a friend request. The lack of being able to make groups (to my knowledge) means I loose track of some of my best buds at times. Also my memory is a little hosed.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 17, 2017

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Haven't been able to join a Battlegoons party yet. Is it normal to try to join a community party then get sent to a server of the same map where I'm all by myself?

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Auxiliary Treats posted:

https://gfycat.com/HeavyAmusingGrebe
Or just for people that group up too closely.

I wouldn't even call that 'grouping up'. You had a good run though either way :)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there a way to look behind you when in planes? like a free look button when in first person mode or something?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

those r for crafting for sick skins w/

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
If you still haven't realized that lumpy charges (shoutout to DROB) are the best anti-sniper gadget, here's a little lesson in trickery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_M7wsmKLYI

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The repair tool and medic syringe are the funniest things to kill anyone with, this isn't up for debate. Close second to them is the Kolibri. Limpets aren't far off just because of the timer followed by the explosion.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would have shot that guy off the roof and killed 3 more people in the time it took you to do that. Plus made a sandwich.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Auxiliary Treats posted:

If you still haven't realized that lumpy charges (shoutout to DROB) are the best anti-sniper gadget, here's a little lesson in trickery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_M7wsmKLYI

That sniper is so bad you could have just shot him with your lmg.

The snipers I have problems with are the lens flares, so far away they can't be spotted, who are making these 300m kill shots.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah all 4 kills in a 25 minute round.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's not about how many kills they get. There are a half a dozen of them and it's annoying as gently caress.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I think my new strategy for playing Suez as Great Britain without a group is to see if I can limpet every building at B before it turns into a slog my team can't get out from.

The answer is no. My team will always lose B.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Next time put the team "b"-fore yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

It's not about how many kills they get. There are a half a dozen of them and it's annoying as gently caress.

Drive any vehicle/horse over there and get 6 free kills.