Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

[Ending spoiler stuff]

but i guess people are gonna get mad if we keep spoiler chat in the general thread so thanks.

You don't have to do that at all for the the next part to start. That scene is just on a timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bugblatter posted:

You don't have to do that at all for the the next part to start. That scene is just on a timer.

Oh gently caress

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I'm only a couple hours in but I don't really feel like it's janky at all. I don't know why it would need seven patches.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats not a bug though. Trico is an rear end in a top hat

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
TLG was a nice Redbox rental. I can totally understand the complaints about the camera and Trico controls. I also had to look up the water/crate/climb tail puzzle.
Glad I played it, but one play-through was enough for me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
RE7 got released early in the UAE and/or leaked a week early and I spoiled myself on streams and it's looking good. Pretty much just the older games but in first person

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lakbay posted:

RE7 got released early in the UAE and/or leaked a week early and I spoiled myself on streams and it's looking good. Pretty much just the older games but in first person

so its puzzle-y like the first two games or do you just mean not an action game like the recent ones. i really want this game to be good oh man

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Puzzle-ly like the first two games but in first person

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats not a bug though. Trico is an rear end in a top hat

Yeah that's the ending of the game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So not that anyone asked but I got the Nacon Revolution from the UK AMA

My initial post about it: Link to post

My impressions so far:

Makes me appreciate the DS4 for being a pretty solid all around controller. I do have a xim4 but I play console so I can couch lounge. Yes I know lapdesk setups exist.

First off, if you get this don't try to jam and twist the cord into the controller like an idiot like me and bend all the pins.

The software gives you a ton of options you don't need. But there's some presets on there. It's a bit buggy and for whatever reason I wasn't able to re-assign the buttons until I renamed the profile.

The controller is made of a nice hard rubbery surface. The joysticks are as well and it's pretty slick and not grippy at all. The left joystick is concave. They're otherwise smooth and solid. The right joystick does in fact fit my FPS Controlfreek Ultras but would probably damage the side of the joystick as it's grooved, wouldn't affect performance though.

The joypay is kind of weird but nice. I would say the controller is definitely not for someone with bigger hands. The included weights are a nice touch. There's two slots on each side for the weights and you get three pairs of weights. I put the two heaviest on the side towards me and the lightest ones away from me and found that feels most comfortable. The cord kind of pulls the front of the controller down a bit so this helps counter that.

The triggers are nice but definitely different. The bumpers are a bit tough to hit. The buttons are quite large, like an old person's remote. They're also really close together and have a bit of a mushy feel.

There's four rear buttons, which is why anyone wants these controllers in the first place. Your firngers rests between them naturally. Two of them are very natural to hit and would make an ideal button for jump. The others is a bit of an odd movement pushing your fingers away--wouldn't be ideal for a panic type situation or where you wanted a really fast response.

I play a lot of titanfall so after a bit of messing around i'm trying this setup

Left button: crouch
Right button: jump
Left front: change weapon
Right front: reload

Overall pretty good I'd say. I'll probably remap the joypad buttons (up, left, down, right) to triangle, square, etc. Definitely need to give it more time. The joysticks aren't very tall but definitely let you raise the sensitivity a bit. I might put my FPS freeks on them at some point. I've never used a controller with paddles but I'd think these are much easier to hit.

Welp that's all thanks for reading god bless

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 16, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

Puzzle-ly like the first two games but in first person

How many enemy encounters did you see? Were they all against bullet sponge monsters while trapped in arenas like the demo or was there variety?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

How many enemy encounters did you see? Were they all against bullet sponge monsters while trapped in arenas like the demo or was there variety?
There was a bullet sponge monster arena in the RE7 demo??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

There was a bullet sponge monster arena in the RE7 demo??

the last update. well at least melee sponge, i forget if you can have the gun before you get locked in the room with him

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 16, 2017

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Boo This Man posted:

I got the pro version for Christmas with Uncharted 4. So far, i am loving the system. Uncharted 4 might have some of the prettiest scenery i have seen in a game.

I'd say after completing it last evening that it's probably the most photo-realistic game I've ever played, I definitely didn't expect those kind of visuals from a playstation. (PS Pro + 4K TV) I'm not a big fan of the series but this episode really pushed the envelope.To me what sells it is that they really mastered the lighting to make everything look perfect, I have a bunch of screenshots from that game that could easily pass for actual pictures. (especially in scenes where there is no AI to handle, like the epilogue)

I'm feeling like a kid again, imagining how they will apply that extra power and expertise to a series I actually care about, like TLOU2. I'd recommend you get the remastered edition of TLOU if you haven't, especially if you never played the original. It's often on sale for about 15 bucks and well worth the price as it includes all the DLC and has received a Pro patch to handle 4K and HDR.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

the last update. well at least melee sponge, i forget if you can have the gun before you get locked in the room with him

You can but you only get like six bullets which aren't enough to hurt it significantly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I am really bad at Transformers Devastation.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are you hitting square? Very important

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
The Ezio Collection released a few months months back, and I recently thought of giving it a run through for my stream. New games have been a bit dry, and I always enjoyed the way the AC2 entries played over a lot of the later ones. The visuals turned out to be surprisingly good, and the resulting quality might even rival that of the Nathan Drake Collection. I wasn't really expecting much when I picked it up, so I'm quite surprised how much I've been enjoying it.

However, I did manage to run into quite an issue which may have lead me to react rather foolishly.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

Only a few but all the encounters had at most 3 enemies in a room and you can run past them like in the older games. I would say the time to kill a zombie is the same as REmake on normal if you couldn't score headshots (I think the enemies in RE7 also die in one headshot but the streamers couldn't aim). This is not counting the hillbilly family that you see stalking you in the promotional material

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
The mold thing in the demo deffo didn't die from a single headshot, I think you can get about 12 rounds or so by searching the house but it was a real rear end to fight, esp as if it hits you even once you get a bad ending.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I never found the mold thing, how does combat work in VR with slow movement speed and interval turning?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Real hurthling! posted:

Are you hitting square? Very important

Yeah, I'm just bad at video games really. It's fun though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

kirbysuperstar posted:

The dodge timing isn't what you think it is, especially if you've played MGR, it's fine when you get used to it though. I beat it with Optimus using the drills, two-handed hammer, missile launcher and grenade launcher without a lot of issues but there's some real jank in there (one level has you chase someone down, but there's also a trophy to beat the guy up first. If you do this you get a game over because you still have to get to the objective in the same amount of time it would take to outrun him, even though you just blew him up. One of the defense missions you'll probably instantly lose the first couple times because they can two shot the defense target, there are two, and they have shields so you can't just shoot them (the solution is to stand next to them before they spawn in). Also a lot of combo stuff is psuedo-hidden behind your stats. You can do a single vehicle attack until you level one of them up enough, then you can chain multiple of them together so you do a combo, then a vehicle attack, then a second, then a second combo, then hit L1 to do the AOE (if you're Optimus) then do it again while using the ranged weapons to keep people away or finish distance enemies off. The game ends pretty abruptly too.

You can do the weapon synthesis thing but after a point you don't really need to bother, just level up a couple weapons a few times, buy some of the tech stuff until you get stuff that doesn't seem like garbage, then pump the rest of the cash into level ups (it's under Status when you're at the character select screen).

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 16, 2017

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there a way to make the text in This War of Mine an actual legible size?

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

is there a way to make the text in This War of Mine an actual legible size?

Not sure about changing the text size but you can use the zoom function of the PS4 as a workaround : https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/5m7fdg/psa_if_the_text_in_this_war_of_mine_is_too_small/

Electromax
May 6, 2007

haveblue posted:

I never found the mold thing, how does combat work in VR with slow movement speed and interval turning?

You just shoot wherever you're looking. A little goofy, but short of full move support uncoupling aiming from view is probably worse.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Not sure about changing the text size but you can use the zoom function of the PS4 as a workaround : https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/5m7fdg/psa_if_the_text_in_this_war_of_mine_is_too_small/

Thanks for this, the text was tiny as hell in Rebel Galaxy and it would have been useful for it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just noticed that there are PS3 games on sale at the PS store. If I buy them from the store on my desktop are they tied to my account or do I have to go onto my PS3 to buy them?

It's just that my PS3 is modded and I need to revert it back to the OFW before getting out back online again (which is gonna involve reformatting the HDD at a whopping 56 hours for a terabyte).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

I just noticed that there are PS3 games on sale at the PS store. If I buy them from the store on my desktop are they tied to my account or do I have to go onto my PS3 to buy them?

It's just that my PS3 is modded and I need to revert it back to the OFW before getting out back online again (which is gonna involve reformatting the HDD at a whopping 56 hours for a terabyte).

your account can buy games from any ps platform and you can download them later at your convenience.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I'd say after completing it last evening that it's probably the most photo-realistic game I've ever played, I definitely didn't expect those kind of visuals from a playstation. (PS Pro + 4K TV) I'm not a big fan of the series but this episode really pushed the envelope.To me what sells it is that they really mastered the lighting to make everything look perfect, I have a bunch of screenshots from that game that could easily pass for actual pictures. (especially in scenes where there is no AI to handle, like the epilogue)

I'm feeling like a kid again, imagining how they will apply that extra power and expertise to a series I actually care about, like TLOU2. I'd recommend you get the remastered edition of TLOU if you haven't, especially if you never played the original. It's often on sale for about 15 bucks and well worth the price as it includes all the DLC and has received a Pro patch to handle 4K and HDR.

Yeah, I took a screenshot in the garden at night when you're Young Drake and posted it on Twitter and my friend asked me later "where did you take that picture, it was really pretty?" I told him it was from Uncharted and just said "THAT WAS FROM A GAME?!"

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

My son entered the world of online gaming today with Minecraft with a friend of his. We couldn't get chat to work through the PS4 camera, and I don't have a headset anyway, so, any suggestions for a headset that:

1) Will fit a six year old.
2) Fit with and deliver reasonably good sound for PSVR.
3) $50 or less.

I know that's a low price, but this is going to be used almost exclusively by my son for chat with his friend and by me for PSVR; I don't need super duper audiophile phones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

My son entered the world of online gaming today with Minecraft with a friend of his. We couldn't get chat to work through the PS4 camera, and I don't have a headset anyway, so, any suggestions for a headset that:

1) Will fit a six year old.
2) Fit with and deliver reasonably good sound for PSVR.
3) $50 or less.

I know that's a low price, but this is going to be used almost exclusively by my son for chat with his friend and by me for PSVR; I don't need super duper audiophile phones.

Are you sure the chat mic wasn't muted on the camera? It actually works really well. Then you can just use normal headphones of your liking or even no headphones if for some reason your son hates his friend.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Are you sure the chat mic wasn't muted on the camera? It actually works really well. Then you can just use normal headphones of your liking or even no headphones if for some reason your son hates his friend.

It's entirely possible I missed something. I turned it on in the PS4 settings and there was a little mic icon next to my son's user name in the Minecraft menu that showed the players. I'll check though, thanks for the response.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If you hold the PS button on the controller there's a box to check under devices to mute/unmute the camera mic

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

It's entirely possible I missed something. I turned it on in the PS4 settings and there was a little mic icon next to my son's user name in the Minecraft menu that showed the players. I'll check though, thanks for the response.

The Mic still shows up in games if it is muted. It's probably gray when his friend's mics are white. Do what Nostalgia4Dogges said and I don't see any reason it wouldn't work short of it being physically broken.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just finished Dark Souls 3

My life is meaningless

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just finished Dark Souls 3

My life is meaningless

Go play them all again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nioh will probably be at least decent if they made improvements over the beta. play that next month

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

a ton of new nioh videos went up from everyone today and surprise it still looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the most photo realistic video game poo poo i've ever seen is the food in ffxv. the actual reason for the development time is that they had an entire team dedicated to perfectly rendering and recreating every single individual dish in the game