Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sweet geek swag posted:

To be fair, the Mako was capable of climbing most inclines if you were patient enough. It was just very very slow going. My problem with the Mako was the opposite: driving on big flat plain, hit tiny pebble, Mako flips into the air.

The actual best was when you parked and got out to mark a resource deposit and the little resource beacon spawns in UNDER the mako and instantly shoots it into the stratosphere so hard the game crashes. This only happened to me once but I hadn't saved in about an hour. Derp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

marshmallow creep posted:

Is Jaal a quarian? Is Jaal a Salarian? Is Jaal a kett? Is Jaal an angaran? Did you know that angaran is apparently the (fanon?) name for these guys?

"I have a sample size of a dozen of which three names end in L. This makes it extremely likely this person whose name ends in L must be a quarian, and male, so I can gently caress Tali-but-with-a-dick-this-time."

I hope that quarians aren't in the game at all, and possibly not even mentioned, specifically to disappoint whoever posted that on whatever forum.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Phrosphor posted:

Everytime I think of the Mako, I weep a silent tear for myself and all the others who played through the entire game without realising it had a cannon.

Edit: My ultraspacetime echosound bug also seems to trigger with the Mattock if I hammer the trigger fast enough, so I think the problem is computer related rather than game related.

I bet you also didn't notice there was a button to zoom in while aiming with the mako and it transformed your accuracy from "I'll hit stuff generally in the direction you're pointing at, maybe, unless it's slightly below or above you, of course" to 100% accuracy

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Ainsley McTree posted:

I bet you also didn't notice there was a button to zoom in while aiming with the mako and it transformed your accuracy from "I'll hit stuff generally in the direction you're pointing at, maybe, unless it's slightly below or above you, of course" to 100% accuracy

No I got the zoom, just not the cannon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's not like the MAKOs control scheme is something you have to guess at. You can just click start then go to controls and wow there it is.

Also, on the PC you can move and control the cannon independently. It's a welcome improvement.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Is Jaal a quarian? Is Jaal a Salarian? Is Jaal a kett? Is Jaal an angaran? Did you know that angaran is apparently the (fanon?) name for these guys?

"I have a sample size of a dozen of which three names end in L. This makes it extremely likely this person whose name ends in L must be a quarian, and male, so I can gently caress Tali-but-with-a-dick-this-time."

TBQH, I would bet on a male Quarian squad member simply because gender-swapping the previous cast is both the most obvious and the laziest way of differentiating Andromeda's New poo poo from those boring old Shepards.

It's not like they haven't done it with the Turian woman. And Peebee.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope there is a Quarian and that you can kill them.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

TBQH, I would bet on a male Quarian squad member simply because gender-swapping the previous cast is both the most obvious and the laziest way of differentiating Andromeda's New poo poo from those boring old Shepards.

Andromeda's gonna have so many female Krogans you're gonna be fuckin' sick of em by the end

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Milky Moor posted:

Peebee...is a boy!? :monocle:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Peebee...is a boy!? :monocle:

Peebee is Trump?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Only Quarian male worth a drat is Kal'reegar.

And the multiplayer Quarian infiltrator because he had the best grenade.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Peebee he is a Char?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'd bet on there being a new Andromeda race squad member, although it would be funny if they made a game about exploring a new alien galaxy and then your entire cast are re-treads

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'd bet on there being a new Andromeda race squad member, although it would be funny if they made a game about exploring a new alien galaxy and then your entire cast are re-treads

Why not, just about everything else we've seen about Andromeda is a re-tread despite supposedly being a whole new setting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want an Elcor and a Hanar Rosencrantz and Guildenstern duo.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I want an Elcor and a Hanar Rosencrantz and Guildenstern duo.

Add a volus and we'll be golden.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The volus was the real Inspector Hound all along.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
I strongly suspect the 6th crewmember is going to be one of the andromeda species. And if not that a salarian to complete the set on the team. Writing for both the quarians and the geth got so tortured by the end of ME3 that its hard for me to imagine anyone on that team wanting to go to that well again. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any member of either race, to my knowledge none have shown up in any of the footage we've seen.

In other news

https://twitter.com/thejustinperez/status/821168271105945602

Curious to see how far they go with weapon crafting

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I'd prefer something light and easy, like Fallout 4's weapon/armor modding system. Something along the lines of Inquisition's system wouldn't be too bad either.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

*chuckles sensibly*

ah, memes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
loving crew mates and dank memes, glad they are addressing the important stuff early

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

tayvaan posted:

Curious to see how far they go with weapon crafting

Just had a thousand-yard-stare moment remembering crafting in DA:I.

I mean, as long as the devs don't completely invalidate in-game loot this time out, I think we'll be fine, but man...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I don't think you understand the concept of a rosencrantz & guildenstern.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cross-Section posted:

I mean, as long as the devs don't completely invalidate in-game loot this time out, I think we'll be fine, but man...

It was rough, yeah.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think you understand the concept of a rosencrantz & guildenstern.

Someone has to play Hamlet.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

Only feelings I had towards DA:I crafting were
1. The interface was terrible, I think you had to go between different crafting stations to make components and the final product which also sucked.
2. It was really cool that the materials you used affected the appearance of the item you made.

I hope they streamline the first and expand upon the second.

Crafting vs drops viability I can't be bothered to care about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Someone has to play Hamlet.

That was already done with an all Elcor cast.

But the R&G trope doesn't have to involve anyone else.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Crafting is great.... for survival games.

And it sucks in everything else.

Seriously, a loot drop is just plain nice: Kill a mob, take their gun. Explore a weapons laboratory, find the prototype and use it.

I don't want to have to go to X planet to scan 6 alien-lillypads to produce 3 Synthetic Fibers to blend with four titanium alloys you had to get across the galaxy and then grind X mobs to produce X mechanical parts and then travel to space-morador because you can only forge it in space-hell.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Crafting can go and die in a fire.

Hello space shopkeeper? Here is a huge pile of money, give me the big gun that is good. Thank you.

I will now go and use the big gun that is good instead of hunting for 500 bolts and 500 nuts.

What's that? You want some variety in the game play now that there isn't crafting? Well back in the day we called that "interesting level design" and "good enemy variety".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the crafting in DAI was really good i thought

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

What is everyone going to call the main character to avoid using their first name?

Will you Pathfinder to everyone, including your love interest? Or will they all call you Ryder?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Super No Vacancy posted:

I liked it aside from the UI, which was so bad that I never used it after some initial experimenting.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

Crafting in DAI was... bearable. I still preferred the DAO method of "hey look I found a nice sword which I shall now use".

Followed immediately by using that sword on things, instead of loving about with a crafting table many times.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i didnt mind it. it was a menu

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It was kinda slow and non-responsive. Actions and selections took too long to register. It's only fractions of a second each time, but it adds up. Should've been snappier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

crafting your choice of equipment was a better use of things like dragon scales and beast skins then just picking up Super Dragon Sword. plus you had the special ability things you could infuse. one of my favorite parts of the game really

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm it was snappy on a solid state drive in my recollection but I can imagine that would have been annoying

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Phrosphor posted:

What is everyone going to call the main character to avoid using their first name?

Will you Pathfinder to everyone, including your love interest? Or will they all call you Ryder?

Ryder gonna Rydin some alien butts

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Super No Vacancy posted:

i didnt mind it. it was a menu
It was lots of menus, in physically different locations, and with a UI that was terrible for comparing upgrades. The whole thing was tedious in a way I hadn't seen since Assassin's Creed 3's crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It was lots of menus, in physically different locations, and with a UI that was terrible for comparing upgrades. The whole thing was tedious in a way I hadn't seen since Assassin's Creed 3's crafting.

I particularly liked having to reload a save made before I crafted multiple times because I accidentally made something I didn't need since I couldn't look at more than one thing at a time.