Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

BraveUlysses posted:

thread title: PUT THE DOLHPIN IN THE GLASS

Why couldn't you just put the dolphin in the glass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I'm partial to "Peel a banana for the dolphin."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Behold!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

:nws: Ah, croquembouche, my little gustatory coquette. :nws:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

could oglaf possibly suck any harder

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Efexeye posted:

could oglaf possibly suck any harder

It could, but you'd need a bigger cock to form a better seal.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That looks like a parasitic worm

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Wishing this was a chicken wing mountain, wishing it was mine. :smith:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

That looks like a parasitic worm

I thought it was one of those snake blood shots/wine drinks taken to the extreme

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

guy's pizza the hut cosplay is on point

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:thumbsup:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
"The juice of an orange" sounds like something one of my dumber students would write when they mistake sounding breezy and verbose for sounding intelligent.

"I put on doffed my trucker hat cap of the trucker variety and poured myself a tall gargantuan glass of orange juice the juice of an orange." :wotwot:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Railing Kill posted:

"The juice of an orange" sounds like something one of my dumber students would write when they mistake sounding breezy and verbose for sounding intelligent.

I would not bat an eye at "the juice of an/one orange/lemon" in description of a recipe. :shrug:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's an extremely common measurement.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

spot on

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

I do agree it does sound like that, but it's really a measurement, and freshness insurer. You need 1 orange, and you need the juice from it. Instead of just some orange juice from a carton, or worse, concentrate.

Went to a house party, and the host made some sort of cocktail that called for the juice of a lemon, and instead added lemon juice concentrate. :psyduck:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The General posted:

I do agree it does sound like that, but it's really a measurement, and freshness insurer. You need 1 orange, and you need the juice from it. Instead of just some orange juice from a carton, or worse, concentrate.

Went to a house party, and the host made some sort of cocktail that called for the juice of a lemon, and instead added lemon juice concentrate. :psyduck:

I made this mistake with a bison roast and the juice of a lemon vs. lemon juice concentrate, once. The roast was pretty good. The potatoes were sort of lemony. The carrots just straight up tasted of lemon.

Still, it's a dumb way to measure.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It really isn't.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thinking I would. It is going to look like that AFTER I eat it, so why not before? (Kind of wish the picture was bigger, thus the lack of whole-hearted conviction.)

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Would right this second.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RoboRodent posted:

I made this mistake with a bison roast and the juice of a lemon vs. lemon juice concentrate, once. The roast was pretty good. The potatoes were sort of lemony. The carrots just straight up tasted of lemon.

Still, it's a dumb way to measure.
No it isn't and your story demonstrates why.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Man, I want some bison now. I had a bacon-wrapped bison meatloaf in Montana once; THAT was amazing. Even if I had to be in Montana.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I get the unit of measurement now. I've just never seen it before. I've read a ton of recipes, and the few that I've seen that call for orange juice just say... orange juice. I guess the only way it's a goofy measurement is that there's no way you'd ever get a consistent amount out of it. I don't really care all that much about it, but the phrase just sounded goofy all hell to me out of context, having not seen it in a recipe before. :shrug:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What kind of recipes call for orange juice out of a carton rather than telling you to squeeze it yourself?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Data Graham posted:

What kind of recipes call for orange juice out of a carton rather than telling you to squeeze it yourself?
the worst kind.

Sandra Lee posted:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/raspberry-orange-freeze-recipe.html
Raspberry Orange Freeze
Total Time:
3 hr 5 min
Prep:
5 min
Inactive:
3 hr
Yield:4 servings
Level:Easy
Ingredients
1 cup orange juice
1 (12-ounce) package frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon sugar
Directions
Pour the orange juice into an ice cube tray and freeze for 3 hours.
Put the frozen orange juice cubes and raspberries into the bowl of a food processor. Add the sugar and process until the mixture is the texture of snow, 45 to 60 seconds. If the mixture remains course in texture add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Serve immediately, or transfer to a freezer container and freeze for later.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
The "small bottle of tomato juice" is the weird one for me.

Also the rest of the recipe.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If you haven't drank a glass full of fresh squeezed oranges, You might not understand why "the juice of an orange" is so very different from "orange juice".

Don't try it if you haven't, though, it will ruin orange juice for you.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

My college does not do breakfast well (This was my birthday breakfast too. Hooray, I'm an adult)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bunnyofdoom posted:

My college does not do breakfast well (This was my birthday breakfast too. Hooray, I'm an adult)

A biscuit instead of a gross English muffin would make it 10x better, hth.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The cafeteria at work won't even toast the english muffins they use for the breakfast sandwiches. even mcdonad's gets this right. loving disgusting.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Data Graham posted:

I once tried someone's prawn ceviche that had carton OJ in the dressing. It was pretty bad.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Found on Facebook all from the same chef.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Male Tears posted:

Found on Facebook all from the same chef.

I am glad to see more work from the same chef that gave us this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EorayMel posted:

I am glad to see more work from the same chef that gave us this

What the gently caress is that?

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
The national dish of all eastern European cafeterias.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Sweet potato stuffed with brown rice slurry and feta cheese? Trying to figure out what this even is and that's my best guess.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
More from the same chef: wet and dry takes on fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The latter fish doesn't look too dry, but what tragedy befell the citrus?