Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I have 2.0. If I purchase the base Heavensward off Squares webstore for $19.99 does that come with any game time or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ManSedan posted:

I have 2.0. If I purchase the base Heavensward off Squares webstore for $19.99 does that come with any game time or anything?

No

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tortolia posted:

Breaking Boundaries music roll guys :toot:

Tempest and Spiral music rolls :dance:

Also, sounds like the flying chair is a Gold Saucer mount. You've been saving up that MGP, right?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Thundarr posted:

Tempest and Spiral music rolls :dance:

Also, sounds like the flying chair is a Gold Saucer mount. You've been saving up that MGP, right?

I have 1.2 million MGP.

I'm ready.

Every loving day all I do is just log in, do cactpots, run a GATE, and then go fishing. It's actually pretty chill.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

This look is nice af. I think the Flame Coat looks better, but I'm turning around.

Yeah, a big issue with the Storm Jacket is how difficult it is to find lower pieces of equipment that look good with it. It just uses some weird shades that barely match up to anything available. Just on a whim I was by my armoire and tried a bunch of event pants, took notice, wondered how they dyed, and was really happy with the end result.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Velthice posted:

basically if you're not running around half naked on your tanks, flexing bosses into submission, you're playing the game wrong. if you're playing a race without a muscle slider (or you're a midlander) you hosed up so bad that the shame alone should make you uninstall

A good opinion.

A friend's Revolver Potato. :ocelot:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I expect one of you goons to leak the new patch music well before servers come up as usual.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
I made a cowboy cat. A catboy if you will.

Usually have the adamantite revolver glammed, but I'm liking the shire rifle.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Thumbtacks posted:

man both of these are fantastic. What's the bottom one? Pretty sure I know the top one.

the bottom is just the chinese dress loincloth and dyable versions of the high allagan tank arms and legs

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ugh I just want to level up enough to become a paladin why the h*ck is this maintenance taking so long

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

"Its for quality control and server maintenance, control volu"gently caress YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mr. Nice! posted:

Storm's eye is my 3rd GCD as a warrior. If you can hit it on your second GCD its no problem to go ahead and do it. After that point, though, the war should have eye up 100% of the time.

When I have ninjas that constantly use DE I'll just run path instead of eye to lower damage all around.

DE is the 3rd button in that combo. So it's literally never useful if there's a WAR around, then. Cool, good to know.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

To be fair, this kind of maintenance happens, like, once a quarter and there are rarely server issues.

It sucks right now, but we probably won't see it again till June.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Control Volume posted:

"Its for quality control and server maintenance, control volu"gently caress YOU

Which is worse:

an extra long maintenance,
or

attempt to log on,
fail to log on,
attempt to log on,
log on,
go to do something,
disconnect,
attempt to log on,
fail to log on,
attempt to log on,
log on,
disconnect,
attempt to log on,
another maintenance notice,
wait until that's done,
repeat the above,
wait until that's done,
finally get to do stuff.

Because that was a common occurrence in yea olde WoW patch days :v:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

Which is worse:

an extra long maintenance,
or

attempt to log on,
fail to log on,
attempt to log on,
log on,
go to do something,
disconnect,
attempt to log on,
fail to log on,
attempt to log on,
log on,
disconnect,
attempt to log on,
wait until that's done,
repeat the above,
wait until that's done,
finally get to do stuff.

Because that was a common occurrence in yea olde WoW patch days :v:

[shot where i intensely stare at the camera as i break my champagne glass]

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

I agree. Like, logically I know this is correct and good, but personally this is my one sole day to play for a while and do stuff and of course the game is down today.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

oath2order posted:

I agree. Like, logically I know this is correct and good, but personally this is my one sole day to play for a while and do stuff and of course the game is down today.

This is Garfield's origin story.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

oath2order posted:

It blows, no doubt. If I'm smart about sleep tonight I'll be able to play for an hour after servers come up, and then not again until late night Tuesday.

pidgeotto-san
May 1, 2003

The problem with this maintenance timing is that it was on MLK day where a lot of people, young folks especially got the whole day off.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

2bad this game doesn't revolve around the US of A then

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

When they do a full day of maintenance like this, does it still count against your subscription timer? If so that kinda sucks a lil bit.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Infinity Gaia posted:

When they do a full day of maintenance like this, does it still count against your subscription timer? If so that kinda sucks a lil bit.

Give me back my 30 cents of play time yoship!!!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Xyven posted:

It's not really about the money it's more about the like principle of the thing? If I paid for 30 days I want 30 days not 29 days, that's all. Like I said it only sucks a lil bit I realize this is a really petty complaint but dammit I care.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's not really about the money it's more about the like principle of the thing? If I paid for 30 days I want 30 days not 29 days, that's all. Like I said it only sucks a lil bit I realize this is a really petty complaint but dammit I care.

You haven't been unfairly treated.

Besides, half the time you're getting 31 days. Next month you only get 29, will you raise hell then?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Failboattootoot posted:

Do people just have terrible memories or something? You needed 2k light. Pre-nerf you got approximately 18 for doing roulettes. If I had only gotten light from doing stuff I normally would do it would take about 100 days to finish. Meanwhile people endlessly complain about the umbrite step which I finished in 28 days just playing normally and I am just over here like :wtc: .

So that's just a problem with the implementation of Light. The concept of just making small bits of progress for doing literally any instance/duty is still kind of preferable over Books, Umbrite/Sands, Dungeon Atma, etc. They just need to make it less of a slog.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Besides, half the time you're getting 31 days. Next month you only get 29, will you raise hell then?

I thought you bought subscription time in packages of 30 days so... No? I won't lose a day because February has one less, I figure I'd get one day in March. Is that not the case?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

People absolutely do this, yes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I thought you bought subscription time in packages of 30 days so... No? I won't lose a day because February has one less, I figure I'd get one day in March. Is that not the case?

Who loving cares?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mordiceius posted:

Who loving cares?

I mean I kind of do? Not enough to complain but I think it's kind of dumb that time where everyone's unable to play the thing counts against the amount of time I've been granted access to. Just seems kind of dumb.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Xyven posted:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ha ha ha, that is some quality OF cross posting, oh man! ok guys enough fooling around, link the of thread so we can all laugh at them together

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Better idea: change the subject and post your favorite frozen/petrified/timestopped poses.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

For patch day posting this is incredibly mild drama, please step it up.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Geez, I didn't realize this would be such a touchy subject. It's just a minor annoyance, not a huge complaint. It's like being handed slightly wrong change when buying something. It's not a big enough deal to actually do anything about, but it's mildly irritating to have lost like 50 cents or whatever for no reason.

Edit: I now realize with this post that I'm so goddamn stingy that I care about 50 cents dang

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really want to level BLM immediately in Stormblood but story moments like this really do feel cooler when you have a shield or an axe on your back with some giant armor on.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Play a tank or healer through stormblood because holy poo poo are dps queues going to be awful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

FFXI used to bill this way, it was really funny/bad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

WrightOfWay posted:

Play a tank or healer through stormblood because holy poo poo are dps queues going to be awful.

I basically only play with friends and I have plenty of tank (and dps) friends fortunately. Not really any healers but oh well.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Another episode of The Fall and Rise of FFXIV is up. This time, crafting and gathering in 1.x. Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

WrightOfWay posted:

Ugh, that's fair. I main WAR and I wonder how long I'll be playing before I run a dungeon that doesn't have an RDM.

• Locked thread