Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I recommend getting it later otherwise you'll just ignore every new sword you find and that's no fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

playing the new one subbed

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I can hardly wait until this is on the PC.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Do you guys think that the skill name in ff15 "ultralight phase" is a reference to kanye west - ultralight beam or just a coinceidence.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Skylark posted:

Do you guys think that the skill name in ff15 "ultralight phase" is a reference to kanye west - ultralight beam or just a coinceidence.

It's possible.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Gag i was really hoping this song from ff13 would be in the game its so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6mI_JsAyKU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

betting on monster fights is insanely addicting. i just discovered the coliseum yesterday and spend probably 5 hours at it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

betting on monster fights is insanely addicting. i just discovered the coliseum yesterday and spend probably 5 hours at it.

I can't find it and Altissia is a mess and I gave up

the real pittios dungeon

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh do you want to cross this bridge. No please go speak to this boat man then watch a loading screen, if you want you don't have to load but instead you will stare at the boat man for about the same length of time,

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
i want final fantasy xii remastered on PC, please, thanks

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
when the chat 13 update

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Wow i got to the first city

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Skylark posted:

Wow i got to the first city

its a supremely cool city and hub and I love exploring it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't expect the updated chapter 13 to be out before next fall, at which point I absolutely will start NG+ and the ultimate roadtrip once again.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I do every sidequest I find but Im always so broke in this game 😓

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Skylark posted:

sidequests don't give a lot of money usually, but the hunts do

also like every enemy drops a treasure you can sell for good money too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Skylark posted:

Do some hunts then you'll be rolling in the "dough"

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the monster arena seemed really cool initially but now it just seems like a time sink.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Sharkopath posted:

also like every enemy drops a treasure you can sell for good money too

Omg i was just holding these I didnt know you were just supposed to sell them...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

the monster arena seemed really cool initially but now it just seems like a time sink.

the good news is the only items worth getting are the weapons which are relatively cheap, and the most expensive item is completely worthless

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

actually the only necessary item from the monster arena is the fishing rod

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the good news is the only items worth getting are the weapons which are relatively cheap, and the most expensive item is completely worthless

I'm curious about the mythic color set, and I'm also curious as to what the replacement items for the other uniques are.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Skylark posted:

Omg i was just holding these I didnt know you were just supposed to sell them...

you can also use them as a catalyst when you make magic to give new effects like quadcasting or poison, but I mostly used them as emergency cash

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

tip about selling items: you should hold on to one each for possible weapon upgrades, and also any coins because expericast gets you tons of exp and is very exploitable.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never sold items and had plenty of money just from doing hunts, so I suggest that above all else

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Also Hurly from Lost quests give a shitload of money, he's right outside of Lestallum and a majority of his quests just require driving to a picture location

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

so eating the caviar is the single most expensive thing in the game right? or is there another cooler moneysink around?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You can also sell items in the treasures section of your inv, just keep one of each in case you end up needing one for a weapon upgrade or something. You can use these objects to make stronger spells also

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Also Hurly from Lost quests give a shitload of money, he's right outside of Lestallum and a majority of his quests just require driving to a picture location

I just met him! Ill defintiely do some of his too 👌

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Oh ppl said that already

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

All the Dave sidequests give like phoenix downs and mega elixirs as rewards so do those instead of spending a ton of money on phoenix downs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/ugrubw.mp4

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
🙌

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
What skills do ppl recommend getting asap?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Skylark posted:

Anything that gives bonus AP, that's about it. All the other stuff is up to you & your play style

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Just here waiting for FF14 to come back online, it's patch day and it's a big one.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Anything that gives bonus AP, that's about it. All the other stuff is up to you & your play style

Don't get the chocobo race ones though.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Wow the photography guys quests are so chill.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
This quest is called Mind the Trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Skylark posted:

Eventually you'll notice that a lot of skills are like, 10 AP and that's the game telling you to get those skills right away

Combat: Pretty much ever skill that's 30 AP or less is something you should have early on

Techniques: Get regroup for Ignis right away, it's basically a free megapotion and you'll use it for a huge chunk of the game
Get gravisphere for Prompto, it's AOE + sucks things in which makes it much easier to deal with the flying enemies and stuff that spawns in a group like soldiers.

Teamwork: Don't skip this board at all, it looks underwhelming but it's secretly the most useful. Makes your teammates wayyyy more useful passively. Besides the ones for individual teammates which are good you should get Deathblow right away and Super Link soon after

Stats: Get 2 accessories for all party members and the cheap HP one then ignore everything until you're level 99