Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i guarantee you that 50% of the reason nadesico is in v is just for the yamato nadesico joke with 2199

And since it's been in three games already, I doubt it'll have that much focus. More than likely, PoD is in V for three reasons: for a quck-and-easy addition of 5 to 6 more reals, for an extra battleship and commander to push the plot along, and to maybe connect Boson Jumping to plot points from a few other shows. I wouldn't be surprised if the game starts a ways into PoD's plot, just to give you Izumi and Hikaru earlier on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

i guarantee you that 50% of the reason nadesico is in v is just for the yamato nadesico joke with 2199

:monocle:

son of a bitch

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

:monocle:

son of a bitch
Japan's pun and/or silly joke game is nothing to be trifled with.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Endorph posted:

And since it's been in three games already, I doubt it'll have that much focus. More than likely, PoD is in V for three reasons: for a quck-and-easy addition of 5 to 6 more reals, for an extra battleship and commander to push the plot along, and to maybe connect Boson Jumping to plot points from a few other shows. I wouldn't be surprised if the game starts a ways into PoD's plot, just to give you Izumi and Hikaru earlier on.

What do you think the odds are of PoD getting the usual Endless Waltz treatment, wrapping up somewhere around the game's midpoint at the latest? It'd let the player have Akito for a reasonable portion of the game, and spare them having to deal with that storyline for very long. Also, I'm thinking, there should be a SRW with Nadesico, Yamato, Xabungle, Gurren Lagann, and one or more Macross series, just to cram as many frontline-capable battleships as possible into one game (I mean, I'm assuming the Yamato is going to be one of the primary combat units for its series, given it's in the title).

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

The very least they could do is have the Martian Successors interact with Yamato's villains.

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

We open up at the Skull Moon Base, with Rubina about to take off to meet with Duke – she’s heard he’s coming here. King Vega tells her that they won’t find the place regardless, not while it remains hidden under its camouflaging shield. That’s precisely why she wants to head out and see him.
King Vega stomps that Duke’s their enemy but, of course, that’s only because he trashed Planet Fleed. The same applies to the Earthlings: they’re only fighting back because the King went and attacked and Rubina asks that he call this off.

King Vega says that with their homeworld gone, taking over the Earth is the only option, but Rubina disagrees. Planet Fleed is recovering after being contaminated with Vegatron radiation – she saw it with her own eyes and came here to tell Duke this.
King Vega still isn’t budging. He’s hellbent on conquering Earth, adding its forces to his own and going on the take over the entire galaxy – merely claiming Planet Fleed means nothing to him. In that case, Rubina vows to do what she feels is right and runs off.

King Vega sulks at how his daughter doesn’t understand him but Zuril soon runs in with dire news: the other planets under Vegan rule are rebelling one after another. The king tells him not to bother him with trivialities: he's to put down the rebellion with military force as usual and immediately execute those responsible.
The problem is that with so much of their forces concentrated on taking over Earth, putting down those revolts will be quite the difficult, lengthy process. All because of how difficult this planet has proven itself to conquer.
Still, King Vega says there’s a more serious matter: Rubina. He tells of how she’s left to meet with Duke and orders Zuril to go and bring her back. As for the rebelling words, King Vega will personally suppress them after Earth is his.
Rubina is the priority now, though, and Zuril promises to get her back at whatever cost.

Back to our crew, if you’d gotten the MP Great way back when and Tetsuya had 50 kills prior to the split, we’ve just received a unique MP Great from Umon. Its body’s been colored jet black, so Chibodee dubs it the Black Great! Sai likes it – the color makes it look like a special edition kinda thing and while it doesn’t have a Scrander, Jun sees that its offensive capabilities are equal to the original’s.
Maria asks Tetsuya if she could pilot it and he sees no problem, provided she can actually manage it. See, the Great was a Mazinger built to fight the Mycenae so even an MP model will require plenty of resilience and skill from the pilot. Sai laughs at Tetsuya talking himself up but Allenby sees no problem: everyone’s entitled to be proud of strength earned with training.
Tetsuya’s attention is diverted as Boss waves him over – he’s seen fit to paint the kanji for “Original” onto the Great’s crotch. His reasoning is that we’re bound to run into more MP Greats when we fight the Vegans, so it’ll help set our unit from theirs.

Tetsuya seems a bit miffed at his tinkering and Mucha yells that he told Boss they should’ve painted “Nº 1”. Nuke disagrees, saying they should’ve gone with True/真because Shin Great Mazinger sounds way stronger.
As Tetsuya seethes further, Kouji suggests Boss and crew make a run for it. Still, Maria thinks they had a good idea – she also figures they should prepare for any eventuality and asks Tetsuya if she could tie a ribbon on the Great. Tetsuya’s frown says no.

Kouji quickly shifts the subject to Daisuke, who’s rather quiet. He comes back to when Maria and Hikaru poke him, though his sister sighs that he seems to be a thousand miles away. Rain points out he’s not looking too good and suggests he rest until we reach the moon. He agrees and takes off.
George figures it’s understandable that he’s on edge, since he’s on the verge of having his showdown with the group responsible to wrecking his planet. Argo agrees but points out that him getting too overeager can be dangerous. Hikaru decides to go after Daisuke and Domon requests that Maria stay here rather than accompanying her.
Why? Is she not allowed to worry about her brother? Domon’s a bit queasy when it comes to explaining what’s what, stuttering when Maria gets in his face. Kouji comes to his rescue, asking Maria to help him run maintenance on the MP Great. Fine…

Hikaru quietly thanks him and Domon before leaving, Rain patting Domon on the back for being so unusually sensitive. He grunts that he just thought it’d behoove Hikaru to have a chance to heart-to-heart with Daisuke before the big battle. Rain pokes him, saying he needn’t worry about making these transparent excuses.
Allenby and George are rather impressed that Domon’s grown so much that he’s developed some romantic insight. All thanks to Rain’s influence, no doubt, though he blushingly tells the two of them off.

Daisuke is, indeed, nervous about the upcoming showdown and mumbling to himself. We’ll soon reach the moon, where King Vega awaits. It’s his duty as Duke Fleed to end that demon’s life and get revenge for his parents and his homeworld.
Kyral walks on over, having just been passing by and apologizing for interrupting Daisuke’s train of thought. Still, since he’s here, he decides to give Duke – not Daisuke – a talking to. Despite his blind eyes, he can easily see the anger and hatred welling inside his heart. He says that these emotions CAN grant strength, but even if one's adversary is defeated, they cannot make one a true victor.
Duke protests, saying that Vega deserves even more hatred than he can muster - defeating him is all that he can think of. But will that bring peace to Duke’s heart? Again, while anger and hatred may grant strength, they ultimately keep him bound to the past – a true victor must have his eyes set on the future that lies beyond them.

Kyral continues, saying that when the light faded from his eyes, he hated life, the world, and other people from the depths of his being. Guided by that hatred, he trailed the path of darkness and earned the name of “Kyral the Grim Reaper”: a brutal monster who assassinated other Gundam Fighters before their fights happened.
Duke can scarcely believe Kyral used to be like that and the old man says he found a new light when he fought Domon – the bonds that bind people together, and hope for the future. He knows there’s no way to atone for all the wrongs he committed, but he's chosen to live with his shame and do what he can for the future rather than pay with his death.
Smiling, he tells Duke to treat all of this as nothing more than idle ramblings as he begins to walk away – Duke refuses, saying that he will instead ponder the words. “You are a very honest man… then mull to your heart’s content. I’m certain the light will come once you’re done,” Kyral says. “And do remember that amid your doubt and anguish, you still have friends and comrades.”

As Kyral excuses himself, Daisuke ponders what could lie beyond his anger and hatred. Hikaru catches up right then and she can see he’s thinking about the upcoming battle. At length she asks: what will Daisuke do once this is over. He won’t have to pilot the Grendizer anymore, right?
Daisuke hadn’t given that much thought but he figures he’ll continue to help this adoptive father and working at Danbei’s ranch. Hikaru thinks that suits him just fine, and Daisuke muses aloud that, after all, this whole fight is about making enabling everyone to STOP fighting. He thanks her for reminding him of this crucial fact, and asks her what she plans to do.

She thinks a moment, and says that she wants to do whatever Duke wants to do, always by his side. He likes that, eager to see the day where she needn’t risk her life in combat anymore and they can both go back to enjoying their time working with Danbei’s horses.
But that’s for later as the alarm starts blaring – did the Vegans decide to intercept us before we reach the moon? Time to get out there and find out.

Mission 48 – A Single Flower and a Green Planet

A single Midifoo pops up on our surprisingly sleek shuttle’s path – a scout or a trap? Duke deploys ahead of everyone, asking to take care of this. We don’t know what the enemy’s up to but the Spazer should have no problem with its superior mobility in the void of space. Kyral tells Kouji not to worry - Duke has shed his indecision.
Domon asks if Kyral gave Duke some advice but he says he simply rambled for a bit – it was Hikaru who showed him the way. She herself says she did nothing but Boss and Sayaka praise her strong love. Regardless, Kouji’s happy to hear that and Duke’s closing in on the UFO.

It’s Rubina aboard and she instantly recognizes the Grendizer. Duke opens the comm and demands the Vegan explain what’s going on – depending on the answer, he WILL open fire. The threats come to a stop when Rubina answers and he recognizes her. Is it really Rubina? Indeed, she’s came here alone to meet up with him.
Kouji and Maria see that Duke’s talking with the pilot but can’t tap into the conversation. Rubina tells Duke that she does not wish to fight – rather, she has something important to tell him about and asks him to follow.
She retreats into a nearby satellite and Duke sees in her willingness to expose her back to him as a show of good faith. Before he can follow, Kouji and Maria get in touch to ask where he’s going – who was in that Midifoo? When he tells, Maria recognizes the name of the Vegan princess, daughter of King Vega.

Duke apologizes but says he needs to go after. Why? Kouji asks him to share his reasons with us or at least explain what his relation with Rubina is. “Had the war with Planet Vega not broken out, it’s like the two of us would have…” Duke needn’t finish the sentence for Hikaru to know what’s what. Regardless, Duke trusts Rubina enough to follow her into the satellite.
Tetsuya at least sees a good opportunity for us: if we can capture the Vegan princess, we can find out where the enemy base is located. Boss likes it – we might even be able to force King Vega to call it quits in his invasion.
Hikaru shoots those ideas down right away, though. Daisuke trusts that woman, so we should trust him accordingly. Kouji agrees and asks that we simply wait right here. Tetsuya won’t press the subject but Sayaka asks Hikaru if she’s OK with this? She is, if it’s Daisuke’s choice.

: Duke…
: …
: Oh, Duke… I’ve so wanted to see you again…!
: Hold on a second! First, have you any proof that you’re actually Rubina?!
: Hmm… During my stay at Planet Fleed, you once took me out aboard your rowboat. Do you remember?
: During that time, you said I was beautiful as a red flower…
: I remember…
: Back then, my father wanted you to take me as your bride…
: You didn’t say anything against it, so I imagined you were open to the idea.
: …But I’m afraid to say the Duke Fleed of those days is long gone.
: Huh…?
: The man that stands before you is your enemy.
: No, Duke – I don’t think of you as an enemy at all…
: Still, that doesn’t change the fact that it was the Vegan Empire that murdered my parents…!
: …I admit that I don’t know what I should do face that… I can only beg your forgiveness.
: Moreover, Planet Fleed was forever scarred by the waves of Vegatron radiation – your people reduced it to a dead world.
: No… Maybe it was by chance but Planet Fleed was not wholly devastated, Duke.
: What?!
: I went and made sure of it with my own eyes en route to Earth. Take a look at this picture.
: It’s true… the eerie glow of the Vegatron radiation that enveloped the planet is fading…
: And with the radiation weakening, life is slowly returning to Planet Fleed.
: Life is returning to Planet Fleed…
: Yes. So, please, Duke, stop fighting and return with me to Planet Fleed! If this conflict continues, it will only lead to the destruction of both the Vegan army and Earth …
: Only by joining hands can we force my father… can we force King Vega to stop his offensive.
: But…
: There are already rebellions breaking out across many of the Vegan Empire’s conquered planets… It’s only a matter of time before the empire itself falls apart. So I don’t want this pointless battle to carry on.
: Please – for the sake of peace across the universe – come with me to Planet Fleed!
: Rubina… that’s…

*:tfrxmas:*

: !
: Your time has come, Duke Fleed!

*Zaaaaaaaap!*

: You’re—!
: Chief Zuril!
: I am here to claim your head, Duke!
: drat it, this was a trap?!
: N-No, it wasn’t, Duke! I didn’t know Zuril was also here!
: Urk… How could you betray me like that?! I was a fool for trusting you!
: No, you’re wrong! I’ll help you, Duke!
: Step aside, Princess!
: Hrm…!
: Die, Duke Fleed!
: Watch out!

*Zaaaaaaaap!*

: Gaaaaah!!
: Rubina!
: Wh-What?! She shielded him with her own body…!
: Zuril…! You—
: I… I’ve shot the King’s daughter… I…! Duke Fleed! This is your fault… yours!

*Zuril runs off.*

: Rubina!
: You’re safe… thank goodness…
: Don’t try to speak, Rubina! I’ve to close this wound…!
: Duke… the Skull Moon Base is on the dark side of the moon... point 0314…
: Why are you…?
: I wanted you to trust me…
: I do…! I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t!
: Hmm… Thank you…
: Stay strong, Rubina!
: Duke… I’ve a favor to ask… Once Planet Fleed is verdant once more… I’d like you to name the first red flower that blooms “Rubina”…
: A red flower…?
: Yes… That flower will be me… and I’ll bloom and return to you every Spring.
: No, you can’t die like this! You can’t! Let’s go back to Planet Fleed together! Please!
: Duke… I won’t die… I’ll always be by your side… as that red… flow…er…
: Rubina! Rubina!
: AAAAAAAAH! RUBINAAAAAAA!!

Back outside, Argo’s thinking that this is taking too long. Sai immediately assumes Duke and Rubina are going at it inside and immediately earns a verbal lashing from Allenby. How about showing some consideration for Hikaru? Hikaru seems halfway defeated, sighing that Rubina IS Duke’s old fiancée.
But whatever may be going on in there, Kouji is also getting a bit worried – Duke should’ve at least sent them a call or whatever. Everyone does an immediate double-take when Zuril’s Mother Burn shows up right next to the satellite. George figures the UFO camouflaged itself with a special shield.

Said UFO runs off in a hurry, with the Grendizer returning right after. When Maria asks, Duke tells us about Rubina’s death and how she protected him from Zuril’s attack. He does not wait for us before running in pursuit: “I’ll make them pay… The Vegan Empire – these demons of space – will pay for this!”
He does listen to Hikaru’s cries and Tetsuya’s aghast that he seemingly wants to take on the Vegans by himself. Akira can see how crazy that is – even the Grendizer will get destroyed against those numbers.
Domon can see that Duke’s heart is now overflowing with anger and hatred… and it will lead to his death. Not if we can help it, though, and Kouji has everyone chase after.

Back at the Skull Moon Base, Zuril returns and informs the King of Rubina’s death – all Duke Fleed’s fault, of course. King Vega is heartbroken of these news, she was supposed to inherit his crown and rule the Vegan Empire with Earth as their new home. Why did she have to leave him alone?
Gandal cuts his moaning short, yelling that they’re detecting a unit on approach. Duke’s already here and while Gandal doesn’t know how he found the place, Zuril says it’s their chance to get revenge for the princess.
King Vega allows it. If Zuril can destroy the Grendizer, he’ll forgive him for not bringing Rubina back… but he better return victorious or not return at all. As everything deploys, Duke’s calling for bloody murder.

Zuril laughs at Duke thinking he can take them on by himself but Duke swears to kill King Vega even if it costs him his life. All that his fought with the Grendizer has been for this!
As the King sics Zuril forward, Duke turns his thoughts to Rubina: “You’ve sacrificed your life to tell me of Planet Fleed’s rebirth… but I fear I might not be able to see it happen. I cannot help myself… I’ll let fury guide my hand if it’ll help me destroy these demons of the Vegan Empire!”

Might as well start working on stuff, though make sure to keep Iron Wall on just to be safe.

You could trigger the plot early by getting Zuril under 30% but that’s not too easy without wasting SP on valor.

Enemy Phase!

Speaking of.

: Duke Fleed! It is your fault that Princess Rubina is dead!
: I won’t deny it… I might well have pulled that trigger myself… And that is why I swore to her soul that I’d bring peace back to the universe!

And then Duke gets mobbed. The other Midifoos die while Saucerbeasts all get weakened.

Fast forward another turn, which only Zuril and the higher end mooks live through and…

Player Phase!

: The Magnate Ten are here!
: Duke, you goddamn idiot!
: Kouji…
: He’s right! You’re an idiot, brother!
: You cut this out right now, Duke Fleed!
: Open your eyes, Duke!
: Maria… everyone…
: Where do you get off, pulling something like this?! You trying to get yourself killed?!
: I…
: I get how you’re feeling, OK? We’re supposed to be friends, so how could you go and ditch us like that?! Didn’t we swear that we’d keep on fighting together until either peace returned or we died?!
: Kouji’s right! Your anger is our anger… and your battle is everyone’s battle!
: You’re not doing any of this alone and you can’t forget that!
: We know you aren’t some detached avenger. Rather, you’re a fellow warrior who shares in our love for peace!
: You…
: Daisuke, you didn’t fight all this time just to get yourself killed! You said it was to bring an end to all this violence, right?! You have to remember that!
: Right! And if you die, I… I… I don’t want to be all alone again!
: Hikaru… Maria…
: You’re my… You’re everyone friend, so let’s take them on together, Duke Fleed! We all banded together as a team because we wanted to protect that beautiful blue planet, right?
: I’m sorry, my friends… I’d lost sight of what’s important again. I am the prince of Planet Fleed… but, right now, I am Duke Fleed of the Magnate Ten!

: Daisuke…
: Absolutely! You do not stand here by your lonesome!
: You’ve got all your comrades-in-arms by your side!
: And friends that want you to be well!
: Then I ask that you lend me a hand! King Vega is inside that base!
: ‘Course we’ll give you a hand! We’re not gonna ignore some guy that insists on attacking Earth and wrecking peace around space!
: Come, Vegans! The wishes of my parents, Mors, Rubina, of the people of Planet Fleed and all those who hope for peace are with me, and it is with them that I’ll fight!
: In the name of every single person on Earth and across space… and of a single red flower!
: drat you, Duke Fleed…! Your spiel is making me sick! Gandal, get out there as well and bring me his head!
: Yes, your Majesty!

: You see that, Tetsuya? I knew they were gonna send some other fake Greats our way!
: Hrm… I suppose your graffiti wasn’t a waste…!
: Come, Duke Fleed! By my pride as commander of the Vegan army, I’ll rend all of you to pieces!
: Our main targets are Zuril and Gandal, everyone! Take them down and we’ll force King Vega out his hole!
: Aye, aye! Let’s go crazy!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Vegan Beast Guragura (Commander Gandal)
  • Prevail L6
  • Support Attack L2
Gandal’s Voice Actor: Kousei Tomita (other known works: Saotome and Danbei, Goat in Votoms, Dr. Hell in Mazinger and many more)

Big, bulky, classic Super Robot midboss. Accuracy is piss due to no accuracy modifiers on weapons but that’s a bit compensated by Prevail.
Good stats where it matters but too little HP to take things on the chin.

This mission’s a very good opportunity to catch some of our less used Shuffle Alliance members up to speed.

Easy money.

But Duke has already weakened Zuril a bit, so let’s get him off our hair.

: Ah, Duke Fleed’s sister! I’ll deal with you right after I’m done with him!
: Don’t be ridiculous! My brother will never be beaten so long as I’m present to help him!

: So you’ve been hiding this huge base right under our noses, huh? But today’s the end of the road for all of you!
: I don’t think so! The Vegan army is invincible while our Skull Moon Base still stands!

They actually edited the sprite to add Boss’ graffiti!

: (Daisuke… I’ll save wondering what happened between you and Rubina for later…)
: (I’m also a defender of Earth and I’ll fight with you as one!)

: Kouji Kabuto! Now that I think about it, you’ve always been a persistent thorn on our side!
: drat straight! I’ll never turn a blind eye to evil… that’s the code of Kouji Kabuto!

Zuril can’t believe his end would come at the boonies of space and Duke commands him to feel the weight of the pain his weapons caused on so many people. He blows up and only Gandal, and King Vega, remain.

And the Age of Fatso has reached its apex. The Black Great is a suped up MP Great that’s actually better than the original. All its weapons have +300 attack power, a boost to range and are more EN efficient, it’s got more HP, EN, Armor and movement range too.
It still can’t use Tetsuya’s bigger tricks but Double Lightning Buster IS still available (the Black Great and MP Great can do it as well).
Oh, and it works like the Dijeh in that it has S ranks on all terrains that matter, so even Boss should be getting very good numbers.

And that’s how Boss became the protagonist!

Enemy Phase!

The mooks start closing in from the get-go, a few of them attacking Sai and Kouji. Sai actually gets hit on a 15% but that triggers his Prevail and everything’s good.
He takes three Midifoos that get too close.

Player Phase!

Forward, starting with whatever got slapped in the previous turn.

By the by, this is one of those missions where I wouldn’t recommend going after EVERY enemy just to spare your patience. The MP Greats themselves have some 17k HP and your MAPWs are limited to Domon and George’s which haven’t too big an area of effect.

The other Jinjins fall to Argo and Chibodee, while Boss nabs a Midifoo and sets himself up as a juicy target.

Tag your Mazingers with Iron Wall and send them ahead because sooo many of these mooks have Support Defense. It’s simpler to have them bash their heads against our crew and then move to finish the job.

Meanwhile, just attack whoever and do some chip damage.

As always, watch out for the Koakoas because they’re quite accurate for mooks.

Enemy Phase!

Gandal surprises me by actually attacking now. Thankfully, he went for Tetsuya.

: Observe the Guragura’s power, the strongest Vegan Beast!
: Hah… whatever name it’s got, save dubbing it the strongest for after you’ve beat me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rMblTNqZwY
Boss to the rescue!

And the AI really plays ball, going solely after my hardy Supers or Sai. Would’ve been perfect had these saucerbeasts not moved out of this excellent MAPW formation for Domon.

Player Phase!

Whatever, I’ll still take it just to weaken Gandal and a couple others.

The Bong gets wrecked.

As Chibodee and Rain nab a couple more, George moves ahead in hopes of a later MAPW.

Excellent.

We’ll be dealing with Gandal this turn, so Argo and Boss start working on him.

: I, Cmdr. Gandal, will strike down anyone foolish enough to oppose the Vegan Empire!
: Heh… If the commander himself is taking to the front lines, then I know you’re at the end of your rope!

: The time has finally come for us to face one another, Grendizer! En guarde!
: I will not fall to you, Cmdr. Gandal…! Rather, I’ll defeat you and force King Vega to show himself!
: Impudence! Behold the might of the strongest Vegan Beast!

As Gandal shakes his fist at Duke and our crew, Duke proclaims today to be the final day of the Vegan army – he’d best accept it. Gandal is doubtful and asks the King to handle us before exploding.

: Rrrgh! Both Zuril and Gandal proved just how incompetent they truly were! I suppose if you want something done properly, you must do it yourself!

: Here you are, King Vega!
: Your servants are already gone and you’re next! You’d best accept your end!
: Silence! The Vegan Empire will not falter while I still draw breath! I’ll crush you all here and now... and the Earth – and the entire universe – will be mine!
: I see villains always stick to the same stock phrases.
: Yeah, and small-time baddies are the ones who yell the loudest when their back is against the wall.
: What?!
: So many worlds you’ve destroyed and conquered – Planet Fleed included – with your dishonorable tactics. You are not deserving of the title of King!
: Much less to say you’ll rule the universe! Save that sort of craziness for when you’re dreaming!
: Curse you… how dare you, brats—!
: Rebellion is breaking out across planets conquered by the Vegan Empire, right? And once you’re gone, all of them will be free!
: Hrrmm…
: Come, King Vega! You and your army will fall today – so that peace may return to the entire universe!
: I challenge you to try! I, King Vega, will not make this a simple task to accomplish!

King of Vega (King Vega)
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L6
  • Support Attack L2
Mech Features:
  • Debuff Immunity
  • Barrier – Reduce all incoming damage by 1000
King Vega’s Voice Actor:Johji Yanami

Take what I said about Brai and repeat, only he’s got a MAPW up front and a Barrier for a bit more survivability.
Approach from the sides and you’re good, though I suggest you make sure your team is right next to him before you start piling up the damage. Just to be safe.

Allenby and Tetsuya wreck another pair and we hold the line.

Enemy Phase!

Oh, you huge fools. That’s the entirety of the Vegans’ left flank wasting their move on the TFO.
The other half deals some decent-ish damage to Duke, which’ll promptly be healed.

Vega’s keeping back, though one of his support defending Mother Burns obviously skimmed over his job description and charges in.

Player Phase!

Might as well get rid of this one on approach.

Easily dispatched by Hikaru.

There goes the other one, courtesy of Rain and Chibodee. I wreck a couple of MP Greats as well just because.
Headed straight for King Vega next turn, though.

Enemy Phase!

Hah! x90

Player Phase!

Off we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJc4qpUOVSk

: So you’re Kouji Kabuto! Destroying Duke Fleed would’ve been a simple matter if you weren’t around!
: But he’s my friend, so that ain’t happening! Besides, folks who try to screw with peace in space are also on my “needs an rear end-kicking” list!

: Urk…! Blast you, Magnate Ten! How are you this strong…?!
: Sorry but it’s too late to start apologizing!
: We cannot excuse all the crimes you’ve committed to this day!
: drat… I am King Vega, the ruler of space! I refuse to die in such a meek fashion!

*King Vega starts flying away.*

: The hell, he’s trying to make a run for it?!
: No…! That course is… he’s gunning for Earth!
: What do you mean?!
: King Vega! You’re not actually thinking of dropping your battleship onto Earth, are you?!
: I will not die alone, Duke Fleed! My death will rain radiation onto your beloved planet!
: If all the Vegatron radiation inside his ship reaches Earth…
: The same thing that happened to Planet Fleed will happen again!
: Absolutely not! My Master sacrificed his life to defend Earth’s nature and I will not allow a worm like you to pollute it!
: Focus all your attacks on King Vega! Victory’ll be ours if we can sink his ship before it leaves the moon!
: HAHAHAHA! Stop me if you can!

So there’s the problem. King Vega will reach the deadline in three turns, so your best option is to have people close when you get him down and then surround him from all sides as he’ll always prioritize moving.
If that’s not an option, then you’ll just have to hurry and hope there aren’t too many mooks blocking your path. If anything, he’s only recovered 30% HP.

: So many people – my family included – call Earth their home… And I will keep that beautiful world safe!
: Look on, earthling girl! You’ll be witness to the death of your family’s planet!

: King Vega! In your greed, you’d taint my planet’s beauty and I will not stand for it!
: Don’t make me laugh, Earthling! I am the absolute ruler of space, meaning all planets are meant to belong to me!
: While justice is the absolute rule of the cosmos! And now my fists will put it into effect!

: Can you even wrap your head around how beautiful Earth is, King Vega?!
: Indeed. Even at the universal scale, it is rare a planet that shines that bright… which is precisely why it deserves to be mine!
: You don’t get it at all! A planet doesn’t belong to one person… it belongs to all the people who live in it!
: And I won’t let a monster like you pollute our beautiful world!

: I’ve heard that Planet Vega also disappeared from the face of the universe. So why are you trying to repeat a catastrophe like that?!
: Silence! If Earth will not be mine, then it should be destroyed!
: How many worlds did your selfishness destroy?!
: King Vega! You are a demon and I will not see you taint that beautiful planet!

--

: I’ve fought many evil overlords but this is my first time seeing such a sore loser!
: Silence! I am the ruler of space and while you may push me to death’s door, I will not traverse it in accordance to your whims!

: it’s over, King Vega!
: I… I am King Vega! The ruler of space! GWAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

: Duke!
: Daisuke!
: You finally did it, brother!
: He’s gone… that demon has been defeated at last…
: Mother, father… Mors… the Vegan Empire is no more…
: And Rubina… this marks the return of peace to the universe, just as you wished…
: Daisuke…
: My thanks, everyone… It was only because of you that this moment’s arrived.
: It’s all good – relax. No need to stay on ceremony among your friends!
: Thanks, Kouji… It was by meeting you that I rediscovered what courage really is.
: Duke…
: And I now have something to tell all of you…

Goodies earned today: a Super Alloy nu-Z, Super Repair Kit and a High Spec. Radar.

Also, convos we missed:

: Maria Fleed! I’ll destroy you and your brother and bring a definitive end to the Fleed bloodline!
: I don’t think so! It will be your Vegan Empire that meets its end today!

--

: So you’re the commander? Then I just need to defeat you and the Vegan army will fall apart!
: You bite off more than you can chew, girl! I’ll make you regret challenging my Guragura!

--

Duke and Maria have a convo with Vega before he starts his kamikaze run:

: You’ll pay, Duke Fleed! Rubina’s death lies on your hands and now mine will bring about yours if it’s the last thing I do!
: … I won’t make any excuses for what happened.
: Still, how many similar tragedies to Rubina’s did your campaign cause across the universe, King Vega?!
: Hrm…!
: King Vega! Here is where I strike down your evil!

--

: Prepare yourself, King Vega! Today we take revenge for all of Planet Fleed’s peoples!
: No, Maria Fleed! What you and your brother will do today is die at my hand!
: A part of Fleed’s royal family and a sworn defender of Earth, I refuse to fall to someone like you!

--

And after that event happens:

: I am impressed that you’ve managed to push me to this point, earthling! However, Earth will be mine one way or another!
: No way, no how! A baddie like you isn’t getting even one of your evil things on my planet!

--

: Earth is our second home… it will not go the way of Planet Fleed!
: MWAHAHAHAH! Yes, it will! Planet’s Fleed, Vega and Earth will all perish!

So Duke’s passed on the news of Planet Fleed’s revival, as told by Rubina. Maria is very happy that they might be able to return home and Duke figures the loss of King Vega will send the Vegan Empire crumbling throughout their territories. Planet Fleed, and so many others, are free once again.
Hikaru is very happy for him and Domon is quite touched by the thought of Planet Fleed fighting and prevailing against the Vegatron radiation. It shows the strength of that world’s life. Moreover, Rain figures other survivors of Fleed may return as the news spreads.
But when Kouji asks when Duke’ll head back there, he says he doesn’t know yet. Duke WILL return, mind, as he has a duty as one of the survivors to help the restoration of his world… but he also has things he must do here, as Daisuke Umon.

Would Maria have a problem with delaying their return for a bit? None at all, as she figures that can wait until peace has also returned to their second home. Now that he's seen the light beyond his rage, he can fight without second thoughts, both as Duke Fleed and as Daisuke.
Kyral approves and even he can see Duke’s fine smile. Tetsuya himself re-welcomes Duke as part of the team.

Still, Sayaka asks if Hikaru’s alright with the idea of Duke leaving. She is as, one, it’s his decision to make and, two, it’s not like it’ll mean goodbye forever. Jun raises another option, though: why doesn’t she just accompany him to Planet Fleed?
Allenby likes how that sounds, a romantic trip across the stars, and Rain says they all stand ready to help her with that. As Hikaru thanks them, Mari looks on as another interstellar couple takes roots – just like Kazuya and Erika. Speaking of, Akira wonders if the Nadesico C team is doing alright with its offensive on Mars – to say nothing about the Argama and the assault at the Giganos. Tetsuya figures we’ve nothing to worry about, though.
Regardless, Kouji says we have to work hard to bring peace back and help the Fleeds go back to their world as quickly as can be. And Maria has an idea: why doesn’t he come with them, just to see the sights?

Kouji would be HAPPY to, proclaiming to an angry Sayaka that the trip could really advance the field of space development. As Sayaka fumes, Maria presses the advantage and says Kouji is more than welcome to simply move to Planet Fleed for good.
REALLY?! … Um, could Sayaka come along? Sayaka stomps away – tough times are ahead for her. Inwardly, Duke thinks to his parents and asks them to wait a bit longer while he carries on fighting for his second home now.
Once peace has returned here, he’ll dedicate the rest of his days to preserving it across the universe and helping with Fleed’s restoration. And he figures it won’t be long before that happens.

Now that Grendizer is 100% finished, I’ve come to realize the absence of something present in Z: Lady Gandal. Was she added in a later movie and that’s why she wasn’t in this game? One odd thing is that while combing through the portraits, I found what appears to be Gandal in drag:

These faces are in the data but I haven’t seen them used anywhere – not even in battle. Any Grendizer expert can explain?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
That's Lady Gandarl, the tiny woman that lives inside Gandarl's face. She usually appears by opening his face up like a door and peeking out, but she can also take control of the main body, in which case her face replaces Gandarl's. At least that's how I remember it, I might be misremembering part of it. She plays more of a role in other SRWs.

Also, I kinda love how Banpresto worked Kyral Mekirel into this subplot, it's a real testament to their skill at interweaving stories.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

That's Lady Gandarl, the tiny woman that lives inside Gandarl's face. She usually appears by opening his face up like a door and peeking out, but she can also take control of the main body, in which case her face replaces Gandarl's. At least that's how I remember it, I might be misremembering part of it. She plays more of a role in other SRWs.

Ah, I had a feeling it was her taking over but since there was absolutely no mention of her doing that in Z, I wasn't too sure.

Doesn't explain why she didn't pop out of Gandal's face in this game, though! Come on, Banpresto! :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

That's Lady Gandarl, the tiny woman that lives inside Gandarl's face. She usually appears by opening his face up like a door and peeking out.

What the gently caress

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

What the gently caress

You oughta check the Z LP. Take a look at this. :v:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 17, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Brunom1 posted:

Doesn't explain why she didn't pop out of Gandal's face in this game, though! Come on, Banpresto! :mad:

Gandal gets a season 2 upgrade. No, seriously. He goes from opening his face and having a tiny lady pop out, to having his face rotate 180 degrees between his regular face and Lady Gandal's.

By the way, toward the end of the show, Lady Gandal loving shoots Gandal IN THE FACE and then takes charge of the body when he's gone

Grendizer rules. Everybody should watch Grendizer.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hokuto posted:

Gandal gets a season 2 upgrade. No, seriously. He goes from opening his face and having a tiny lady pop out, to having his face rotate 180 degrees between his regular face and Lady Gandal's.

By the way, toward the end of the show, Lady Gandal loving shoots Gandal IN THE FACE and then takes charge of the body when he's gone

Grendizer rules. Everybody should watch Grendizer.

:stare: I'm legit scared of Lady Gandal now.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

That death scene with Rubina gets pretty silly in the show! :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Geb8woB1k

And yeah, from what I remember from the bits of Grendizer I've seen, Lady Gandal eventually gets to take over the body and switch with Gandal? Maybe they planned for that at some point but scrapped it along with Lady Gandal in general?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

And that’s how Boss became the protagonist!

For anyone wondering what that might look like...

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Lady Gandarl is occasionally left out of SRWs Grendizer appears in for no good reason, so this isn't a huge surprise.

Also that is the first time I've seen someone simultaneously weep and frolic through a field of flowers. Duke Fleed is a multifaceted individual.

EDIT: Megas XLR is on my dream list for if I got to make a SRW, that link is a pro click. Also MechCommander. Not Battletech in general, MechCommander specifically.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

EclecticTastes posted:

Also that is the first time I've seen someone simultaneously weep and frolic through a field of flowers. Duke Fleed is a multifaceted individual.

Alien emotions are weird.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

They actually edited the sprite to add Boss’ graffiti!

:allears: I love that they actually did that. Sometimes, it's the little things.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I love whenever a random person from Duke Fleed's past shows up only to die five minutes later.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
What's weird is Rubina is usually savable, for a game with so many out there units, her death just being unpreventable is strange.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EclecticTastes posted:

EDIT: Megas XLR is on my dream list for if I got to make a SRW, that link is a pro click. Also MechCommander. Not Battletech in general, MechCommander specifically.

What would a western SRW be like anyways?
Youd have Transformers, Battletech and Megas XLR. But im struggling to remember anything else. (that isnt either a dub or a purely toy tie in that only lasted for a one/few seasons then was dumped)

RIFTS?

E:
Ah poo poo how could I forget Robot Jox and Pacific Rim. And if it does happen could we also get Armored Core and ZoE since no SRW has touched them.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What would a western SRW be like anyways?
Youd have Transformers, Battletech and Megas XLR. But im struggling to remember anything else. (that isnt either a dub or a purely toy tie in that only lasted for a one/few seasons then was dumped)

RIFTS?

E:
Ah poo poo how could I forget Robot Jox and Pacific Rim. And if it does happen could we also get Armored Core and ZoE since no SRW has touched them.

Real Steel, the new Voltron (it could also provide a battleship), Terminator, Robocop, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Sym-Bionic Titan, I'm sure there's loads more that you could do if you dug deep.

If you wanted to get really out into wish fulfillment territory, maybe get Saban to let you use the Power Rangers, get Metal Gear if you're gonna do ZoE, every MegaMan series (though admittedly that's just me being totally thirsty for more MegaMan), The Iron Giant for added hilarity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Barring voltron most of these are a bit on the small side.
Teenage robot and titan I can see because the former has weapons: A Shitload and the latter is already huge.
Though im already imagining Robocop as something like Chirico where his pistol kills everything.

gently caress it yeah thats good.
Terminators and ED209s as mook bots
Megas XLR and Voltron villains as the traditional srw arc type stuff

But if we do get real steel can we get rid of the kid.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Alacron posted:

Real Steel, the new Voltron (it could also provide a battleship), Terminator, Robocop, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Sym-Bionic Titan, I'm sure there's loads more that you could do if you dug deep.

If you wanted to get really out into wish fulfillment territory, maybe get Saban to let you use the Power Rangers, get Metal Gear if you're gonna do ZoE, every MegaMan series (though admittedly that's just me being totally thirsty for more MegaMan), The Iron Giant for added hilarity.

You're suggesting a whole lot of SS size units there. I think, if they finally fixed all the licensing issues, the ideal Super Robot Wars America for me would be Megas, MechCommander, Gurren Lagann, Golion/Voltron (with an option in the menu to alter character names and changing the couple lines regarding Sven to say he was injured instead of dead), Big O, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Code Geass, Gun x Sword, Heroman (Stan Lee!), Macross 7, Gaogaigar, Evangelion, and the traditional core of UC Gundam, Mazinger, and Getter Robo. Oh, and also Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes piloting Glastonbury with Henry and Shinobu as subpilots. I've already thought of a story for it, and it's appropriately ridiculous, it's all time travel, starting with the Banpresto Original being sent back right into the middle of the first episode of Megas XLR.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
There's Big Guy and Rusty, which is...not great but brings a couple more units.

Bringing in Marvel or DC would get you a lot of robots, even if they'd all be fairly small. Or just go full comedy and include Shogun Warriors.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I think that generally lowering the scale of units would be inevitable for a western SRW, we do love our robots but our (mainstream) history with them is more Isaac Asimov, Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet, and the aforementioned Terminator and Robocop.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres also atomic robo. And super robot monkey team hyperforce, which has a surprisingly cool premise and villain.
The problem is a lot of SS units but anything L or larger is quite rare.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 17, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's odd that in a game with so many extra units Rubina just gets fridged, but I suppose this whole angle has felt kind of like a side project.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I have the desire to see Kannazuki no Miko in an SRW, mostly because I'd like to see somebody slap some sense into Chikane before she ends up hurting Himeko like she did in the show. Or at least give her a Gespenst or pilot or something.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Alacron posted:

Titans from titanfall?
Also, I am sure we can get some more game only mechs into the show
But which?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EclecticTastes posted:

You're suggesting a whole lot of SS size units there. I think, if they finally fixed all the licensing issues, the ideal Super Robot Wars America for me would be Megas, MechCommander, Gurren Lagann, Golion/Voltron (with an option in the menu to alter character names and changing the couple lines regarding Sven to say he was injured instead of dead), Big O, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Code Geass, Gun x Sword, Heroman (Stan Lee!), Macross 7, Gaogaigar, Evangelion, and the traditional core of UC Gundam, Mazinger, and Getter Robo. Oh, and also Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes piloting Glastonbury with Henry and Shinobu as subpilots. I've already thought of a story for it, and it's appropriately ridiculous, it's all time travel, starting with the Banpresto Original being sent back right into the middle of the first episode of Megas XLR.

Thats a lotta non western stuff there compadre.

And I checked some more. Lots of walkers and exoskeletons.
Not much giant mecha. Lots of anime and sentai/kamen adaptations tho. Time travel being involved does mean we can get Samurai Jack.

What about Gort from the day the earth stood still.
And johnny 5
Tom servo, crow and gypsy

Im trying my best not to draw from comics (from the big 2) or adaptations of japanese stuff.
Because thats too easy and im a masochist.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 17, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

And I checked some more. Lots of walkers and exoskeletons.
Not much giant mecha. Lots of anime and sentai/kamen adaptations tho.

Time travel being involved does mean we can get Samurai Jack.

Dino-Riders had a short lived cartoon. Give me robot cyborgs for the good guys for once, alongside the bad guys.

Stormgear
Feb 12, 2014
Any American Super Robot Wars game would need to include Liberty Prime.

Also Optimus Prime.

Basically all the Primes.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I was never talking about an all-western series SRW, just an SRW designed with an American audience as the primary demographic. The mecha genre outside of Japan is too anemic to support a SRW on its own, so I picked stuff that's been distributed in the US, along with a few things that would have pretty broad appeal for a western audience, and a core of traditional SRW series to get players familiar with the franchise.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

: You see that, Tetsuya? I knew they were gonna send some other fake Greats our way!
: Hrm… I suppose your graffiti wasn’t a waste…!

Wait, do the MP Greats not have numbers painted on them in the PS2 version? Not that we'd be able to tell either way since I'm pretty sure there's been no combat pictures with them, and they're only really visible in the Breast Burn and Thunder Break animations. Or do they have the numbers, so the graffiti was a waste anyway?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Jegan posted:

Wait, do the MP Greats not have numbers painted on them in the PS2 version? Not that we'd be able to tell either way since I'm pretty sure there's been no combat pictures with them, and they're only really visible in the Breast Burn and Thunder Break animations. Or do they have the numbers, so the graffiti was a waste anyway?

I didn't get any of them to use a cut-in attack but you CAN see numbers right above their chest V-fins, yes.

But if you wanna get technical, you could already say Boss marking the legit Great was a waste because it's the only one with the Scrander Scramble Dash! :v:

vvv Edit: Blah, right, right. My mind is just hardwired to go Mazinger = Scrander.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 17, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

I didn't get any of them to use a cut-in attack but you CAN see numbers right above their chest V-fins, yes.

But if you wanna get technical, you could already say Boss marking the legit Great was a waste because it's the only one with the Scrander Dash! :v:

I don't want to sound pedantic, but it's actually Scramble Dash, like in the theme song. :flashfact:

Not sure why every other flight device in Mazinger is a Scrander while this is different, but it is.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Misato’s reporting the ongoing progression of Bagration to Gendou and Fuyutsuki – the Giganos, Successors and Vegans are expected to be dealt with before long, leaving only the MU, Gulfer, Devil Gundam and the Angels, Fuyutsuki surmises.
When Gendou asks, Misato says a total of fifty six MU flying cities – the Hilaniplas – have been sighted throughout the world and more keep showing up. No one can scan, infiltrate or attack them, though they don’t seem to be doing anything right now. Literal ghost towns, sighs Fuyutsuki. And Tokyo?
Nothing new – Maya and all of the MU’s leaders are still unaccounted for. Still, it’s all but certain that they’re at the Hilanipla above the city. Worse, according to Itsuki’s calculations, we’ve about a week before the MU world is fully merged with ours. That’s all the time mankind was given to prepare for the Judgement Day.

Gendou grunts that all Operation Downfall succeeded in doing was speed up the Mulians’ plan and he figures SEELE will respond by doing the same to their schedule. Regarding a certain plan, Misato explains that the TERRA and Mutropolis staffs are working on repairing and readjusting the T-J Busters. The Federation is also helping, so they expect everything to be good to go in six days.
Only one day of leeway to make this work, huh? Fuyutsuki asks what the odds that we’ll be able to recreate the Tokyo barrier are, and she says about 66.6%. Could be worse but the Mulians are unlikely to ignore the T-J Busters.
We’re aware, which is why the Bähbem Foundation has dispatched MP Vermillions to guard every T-J Buster facility; Fuyutsuki is amused that the old man’s decided to take more direct action.

Either way, Gendou now has orders for Misato about what to do with the EVAs: the #00 and #03 will stay as they have, but he wants the #02 to undergo sync tests to get some definitive confirmation on Asuka’s aptitude. As Misato quietly wonders what he’s getting at with that, Gendou says that the #01 is to be sealed away immediately – there’ll be no more deployments for it.
Misato asks why but, of course, Gendou has no need to explain himself to her. She suspects it must have something to do with the #01’s awakening back then but why did he decide to seal it away NOW?

Itsuki brings in a report from the T-J Buster facilities to Hibiki – the RMU System is working nicely, though he doubts it’d be capable of generating output even on the level of Neriya Shrine’s Jupiter System. This next operation needs to succeed, lest both worlds get fused together… which might well lead to their mutual destruction. With that in mind, Itsuki will get to the point: they could up their success rate up to 100% if they used the original Star of La Mu, so can’t Hibiki tell where it is?
Johji pops out of the woodwork, chiding Itsuki for being so blunt with his question. When did he get here? Just now and, truth be told, he also wanted to ask Hibiki the same question. Surely the good professor knows that this is hardly the time for secrecy. So where is the Star? Has it been under Raideen’s crag this whole time?

At length Hibiki confirms his assertion. Johji quips at what a bad man he is for keeping this secret all this time, but Hibiki counters that Johji has plenty of secrets of his own, aware of the reporter’s real identity as an agent of the Federation and the Bähbem Foundation. With Johji poking about and the constant hacking attempts made by various other groups, Hibiki needed to be careful.
Johji apologizes for the secrets, though he gives Hibiki props for safeguarding the Star of La Mu for so long, withstanding the hacks, infiltrated agents and even attacks from the Death Army. Hibiki informs him there's a simple reason why the Star is safe: no one, not even he or his son, can actually get in touch with the thing.

Johji finds that assertion to be strange, considering the Star manifested and merged with the Raideen during its final battle with Emperor Barao of the Devil Empire. Of all people, why isn’t at least Akira allowed to? Is that the will of Hibiki’s wife – Princess Lemuria of the ancient Mu civilization?
Hibiki confirms and Itsuki asks why. Prior to Akira and Barao’s fight, Hibiki’s wife told something to him alone before activating the Star of La Mu: the Raideen is fated to fight against more than just the Devil Empire and her seal was so that others wouldn't be able to steal the thing. After unleashing the Star of La Mu, her power spent, Hibiki’s wife brought it to the ruins beneath Raideen’s crag and entered an eternal sleep with it.

Johji figures the woman anticipated Bähbem coming after the Star and that obviously turned out to be true. But what is the Raideen also fated to fight against? Johji wonders if it’s the RahXephon but, judging by the resonance those two bots showed with one another, Hibiki is thinking the MU. He doesn’t know for sure, though.
Yes, Hibiki did spend many years looking into a connection between the MU and our world’s Mu civilization, but most of the scriptures from those ancient times had long since been rendered unreadable… and Hibiki posits it was intentional (Johji quietly thinks of Bähbem).
Regardless, the gist of it is that we still don’t have a very firm grasp on how the Raideen, RahXephon and MU relate to one another. Itsuki’s been helping with that investigation but it’s likely only Lemuria knows the truth. Must be something quite important that she kept even her husband and son in the dark.

As for why Hibiki says no one can get in touch with the Star despite it being beneath Raideen’s crag, he explains it’s because the thing itself is sealed away behind a door that leads to a different dimension. And since Lemuria is the only one who can open it, the Star won’t shine is this world again until she allows it, with Akira and Raideen being central in whatever she has in mind.
Was it wise to assign Akira to the Magnate Ten, then? If he was here, they might be able to cause the Star to manifest. Hibiki disagrees, saying that when the time comes, Lemuria herself will go and bestow the Raideen with the Star’s power – their only option is to wait. A difficult thing to ask when the world is headed towards its destruction, Johji says, but that changes not the fact that Hibiki doesn’t like the idea of the Star of La Mu being used to power the T-J Busters.

Why? For one, they still don’t fully understand the Mutron Energy and the Star is the source of it all. There’s no telling what might happen if they unleash all of its power – it might isolate Tokyo behind another barrier, yes, or it might isolate the entire planet.
Does that mean the fate of the entire world lies in his wife’s hands? Hibiki says Johji's wrong: the fate of the world lies in the hands of each and every one of its residents, and they have entrusted everything to our squadron. Johji ponders that the professor may have a point.

Back to NERV, Ritsuko relates that Asuka’s Sync Rate is eight points below standard; she suggests the girl relax and keep her head clear, as usual. Asuka tries, frustrated, but the numbers don’t look better. If they keep dropping like this, Asuka might not even be able to get the #02 running.
Maya wonders if it’s because of the beating she took against Zeruel but, then, they would have detected these issues sooner – especially during Operation Screw Nail. It was all good. Maybe it’s because she was left out of Operation Bagration? Yes, she wasn’t the only one left out but the others aren’t as proud as her. Moreover, her test results are now the lowest of all the EVA pilots.
With time running short, Ritsuko ponders that they might need to set the Fifth Children as the #02’s pilot.

: Asuka...
: ...
: Asuka, hey.
: Urgh, shut up. What do you want?
: You just look like you’re in a bad mood. Is something wrong?
: …You think you’re so cool, huh?
: What do you mean?
: The awesome Shinji Ikari, with his perfect Sync Rate and his S² Engine-equipped EVA, takes the time of the day to come and worry about poor Asuka… Why, I’m so grateful I can barely hold back the tears.
: That’s not what I meant.
: What did you mean, then?
: I’ve been meaning to say this for a while but…
: Wh-What?
: You push yourself too hard – it’s not good for you.
: What, now you’re lecturing me?!
: I am not but it’s taking its toll on you, isn’t it?
: That’s none of your business! Who the hell do you think you are?! Where does an idiot like you get off with that preachy attitude?!
: I still know what you’re going through because I’ve been there.
: Don’t you dare say I’m the same as you!!
: …Fine, I apologize. I’ll see you at home.

*Shinji leaves.*

: Kch…!
: …What?
: …The EVA won’t move if you won’t open your heart to it.
: What, you’re saying I’m shutting myself out?!
: Yes. The EVAs have hearts of their own.
: That doll?!
: …You ought to know that.
: Hah! The world must really be coming to an end for you to come and talk to someone!
: WHAT?! Do you get a kick out of me not being able to pilot an EVA?! And what does it matter? If an Angel attacks, Mr. Badass there will just come and wreck it!
: We don’t even need to do anything anymore! Shinji’s here, so everything’s just peachy!
: …Masato, Ayato and the others do not think that way.
: Then why were we left out of Bagration?!
: Because we’ve something else to do.
: “Something else”?! You mean run the same drat test again and again?!
: Yes.
: How come?! Why the hell do we need to do that?!
: It’s so we are ready for Judgement Day.
: “Judgement Day”?!
: Yes… the day the worlds will join as one.
: You mean ours and the MU’s…?!
: Hm. There’s only a week left.
: So the two worlds are gonna destroy each other? Big deal! Shinji and the Magnate Ten will go and take care of that, I’m sure! That’s why I say we don’t need to do anything – we’re done!
: Aah… I know I really must’ve hit rock bottom when both Shinji and a wind-up doll like you are sympathizing with me…
: I’m not a doll.
: Bite me! You do whatever others tell you to, don’t you? I bet you’d even kill yourself if Cmdr. Ikari ordered it!
: I would, yes.

*Slap!*

: I knew it – you really are a doll! I’ve always hated that attitude of yours, from day one!
: I… I hate everyone!!

Misato’s been blindsided by data of the new Fifth Children: called Kaworu Nagisa, his date of birth coincides with the Second Impact… and that’s it. There are no other records of his past, just like Rei. Unlike the other Children, however, this one is not a candidate picked from Shinji’s class but someone sent directly by the Committee.
Misato doesn’t understand why the new pilot: Touji’s piloting the #03 just fine and Units #05 and #06 are still under construction… is he meant to replace Asuka? Makoto also has some secret intel sent from China, from a reliable source, noting that production for Units #07 through #13 has actually begun the world over (Misato’s surprised).
He thinks they're probably to fight the MU but she says NERV’s also taking a purely defensive stance on this matter – it’s just not possible for our side to attack them. At least TERRA’s still activate, despite the loss of their HQ.

Maybe the mass-production of those EVAs is due to the seven day time limit hanging over our heads? Now that the #01’s sealed away and the #04 was lost, perhaps NERV wants to expand its available forces for a backup plan? Who knows.
Odd things have been going on lately, with a lot of money being passed around. The Germans have sent spare parts that were originally going to be used on the #05 and #06 and NERV’s budget has all but doubled. The Committee is obviously growing impatient and Misato inwardly wonders if this is what Gendou was talking about by them “hastening the Schedule”.

Makoto wonders if the brass is expecting multiple Angels to show up, not one by one as they’ve been doing; or maybe the “Lost Numbers” might show up? When Misato asks, Makoto says those relate to the Angels that didn’t appear as expected: they dealt with all Angels up to the Seventh and then they jumped straight to the Thirteenth and Fourteenth. Some folks wonder if those seven missing Angels might eventually crop up.
Misato doesn’t think so, saying Lost Numbers are exactly that: lost. There’s no turning back the hands of time. Still, she can’t see a reason why the EVAs mass-production would be done in secret like this – there must be something else going on, something we’re not meant to know.

Makoto has been bothered by one more thing he saw in the budget, an item codenamed "MX", or "Model X", that's apparently a different weapon system than the EVAs. He's not sure if it's a different anti-Angel weapon like the Jet Alone or whether the budget itself has been doctored, but he'll check into it for Misato.
It’s then that Misato realizes something: has Makoto seen Kaji? No, actually; the guy hasn’t shown his face around recently…

Some time later, Vega brings information passed on by Misumaru: Operation Bagration was a complete success and all our troops are safe, Kaine and Yurika also having been recovered. Everyone’s relieved and Hugo’s already setting his sights on our remaining problems. Masato knows things will only get harder, especially with the continuously multiplying Hilaniplas.
Ginga points out that the cities are there but aren’t really there – like ghosts – so it shouldn’t be a problem to just leave them be, right? Maybe not but Elvy reminds him that the problem is our world’s eventual fusion and destruction with the MU’s world. We can only hope that Itsuki’s plan to restore the barrier around Tokyo works, though Haruka knows that’d only be a temporary solution.
That would at least buy is time to deal with the Gulfer, Ginga thinks, and Elvy likes his proactive attitude. Well, he’s never liked sitting on his hands. But first things first: our team’s been assigned the tasks of finding the Devil Gundam and dealing with the Gulfer, so we’ll rendezvous with our ships as soon as they’re back.

Back to the hangar, Asuka’s grumbling at her EVA: “You’re my doll, so you should do what I tell you to. Why would a weapon need a heart in the first place…? Something like that’d only get in the way. Urgh, just obey me already! …This is so stupid… What am I thinking, talking to an EVA?”
Her thoughts are interrupted when the alarm sounds.

Mission 49 – Death and Rebirth / Rebirth of an Angel

This title’s a play on homonyms, with the katakana “shi(シ)” and “to(ト)” being readable as either a single word (Shito/Angel) or two (shi/death, to/a conjunction).

We’ve got Dolems incoming and the population is already being evacuated. Misato is a bit surprised that they’re ignoring the T-J Busters to attack here instead… goes to show that the MU consider the Human Instrumentality Project to be the bigger threat.
Makoto tells Ritsuko that neither the Federal Army nor the MP Vermillions are coming to intercept – she figures they’re prioritizing the safety of the Busters. Makes sense at least, as losing those WOULD mean game over for everyone, though Gendou and Fuyutsuki also figure Bähbem would have no qualms with NERV getting crippled.

Regardless, Gendou tells Misato to sortie the EVAs – excluding the #01 – as well as the Magnate Ten units present. Fuyutsuki whispers to Gendou, wondering if the MU might have noticed that the Fifth Children has arrived. They could be here to confirm precisely that or, like Bähbem, may want to destroy this side’s ace in the hole.
In any case, Gendou has "the boy" set under surveillance.

In come the Dolems and Mamoru, leading the pack, commands Ollin and the “failed gods” to come out. Their time’s running out today. Everyone’s ready to go, including the EVAs #00 and #03, though Misato tells Asuka to stay in as a backup. She is NOT being anyone’s backup and immediately launches.
Misato decides to leave her be, then, as this might well be her last chance to prevent being replaced as the #02’s pilot: if she can’t pull through this, it’ll tell Ritsuko that she can’t go any further. As everyone else deploys, Mamoru’s annoyed that the #01 isn’t here – very clever, NERV. Ginga and Masato recognize that super speedy Dolem from before and Haruka tells everyone to be careful around it… she says that from her ALIEL, mind!
Misato’s very worried at seeing her take to the field but she figured any extra firepower would help with the rest of our crew and the #01 unavailable. Ayato is with Misato and would rather she went back, but Haruka’s determined to do whatever she can to help us.

Elvy asks if Haruka’s sure about this and, indeed, she is: she can’t go forever just being protected by others. Elvy knows she wants to watch Ayato’s back and, in that case, tells her to at least not go too far ahead.
Vega gives the order to attack and Touji’s at least eager to make up for Shinji’s absence. Meanwhile, Ginga can tell that Asuka’s not 100% and says she could let us handle— Is he telling her to back down?! Get real! How dare a brat like him belittle her like that! She can take on these goons all by herself, so why the hell is everyone treating her like she’s a hindrance?!
Rei says she really shouldn’t take it that wa— SHUT UP! Someone like Rei doesn’t have the slightest clue of what human feelings are like, so Asuka will not have her talk to her like that!
Touji wonders what happened there – did Shinji do something to tick her off? Asuka just yells at everyone to leave her alone, inwardly telling herself that she’ll be ditched as a pilot if she doesn’t ace this. There can be no mistakes!

We’ve four turns to kill everything (except Mamoru) before the plot kicks in but we still need to close the distance.

Enemy Phase!

So do they.

Player Phase!

Touji can finally see some action again!

Asuka finishes them off.

Masato’s leading the charge against the distant Dolems.

Haruka’s ALIEL is still as middling as it was back on mission 4, though she is at least on our level.

Barely short of a oneshot, so Kirakuni takes it.

And you get the gist of it. Hugo, Ayato, Vega, Hokuto and Ginga pick whatever Dotem is close and destroy them in a single hit.

Enemy Phase!

These Allegrettos refuse to move.

That’s what you get. The remaining three Dotems kamikaze against Ayato as the Metronomes start closing in.

Player Phase!

Well, since you mooks insist… Quick Zeal from Masato and he’s perfectly positioned.

I’m pretty sure Central Dogma wouldn’t be standing after this but whatever. Everything dies and I rake in the :10bux:. More importantly, one of the Dolems has a Haro (and an Apogee Motor and Super Repair Kit)!

Mind, had we gotten Ayato all the way over to Mamoru, they had words:

: I’ll never forgive you for what you’ve done, Ollin!
: What am I feeling… hostility…? No, this is hatred…!

Getting Mamoru down to 90% HP would also trigger the plot, so I didn’t go for it.

: (Hmph… that’s enough of this. Pilots of the Evangelions… I’ll rend your minds apart.)

: The hell is that?!
: That Dolem…!
: It’s the one who captured the #01 and RahXephon!

*Vivace goes straight for Asuka.*

: !!

*Ariaaaaaaaaaa!*

: Uurgh! AAAAAAAAAH!!
: Asuka?!
: We’ve abnormal readings in her psychograph! Mental contamination has started!
: It’s just like that time…!
: (The loss of an Evangelion will further set back their project… And, so, what’ll befall this world won’t be “Instrumentality” but, rather, “Tuning”.)
: All units, focus fire that Dolem! Save the #02!
: Understood! Help Asuka, everyone!
: Y-Yes, ma’am!

Chaaaaaarge!

Well… poo poo.

: It’s not working! The target isn’t taking any damage whatsoever!
: It’s a shadow, just like the previous one…!
: …!!

Enemy Phase!

*Ariaaaaaaaaaa!*

:siren: :siren:

: Uurgh…GWAAAAAAAH!!
: Mental contamination is spreading! Reaching dangerous levels!

: Noo! Stay out!!

: AAAAAH!!

: NOOO!!

: Get out of my head! Stop digging into my mind - PLEASE!!
: Asuka!!
: (Hmhmhm… your minds are very fragile things. So we needn’t even destroy the Evangelions themselves – merely the pilots…!)
: Psychograph is in the red!
: Her mental circuits are being torn apart…! We can’t let them overload any more than this – it’s too dangerous!
: Misato! Bring the #02 back now!
: Retreat, Asuka!
: NO!
: That’s an order! Pull back!
: No, no, NO! I’d rather die than pull back!!
: A-Asuka…!
: #02’s psychograph is weakening!
: What about the LCL’s mental barrier?!
: It’s failing! No catalytic reaction whatsoever!
: Prioritize life support! Don’t allow any feedback from the EVA!
: Roger!
: We have to do something or she’ll…!
: But none of our attacks even work against that Dolem! We can’t do anything!
: Still, we can’t just sit here and watch!
: Isn’t there any way to wreck that thing?!
: Maybe with the Dimensional Coupling System… ?! But if anything goes bad, Asuka would…!
: We’ll have to go about this the same way we did before…!
: But the #01’s currently sealed and Akira’s group hasn’t returned from the moon yet!
: …!
: … I’m launching the #01!
: Don’t! The enemy’s looking to ruin your minds – if you deploy, you’ll likely be assaulted again!
: So what?! It won’t kill me!
: You can’t guarantee that.
: But if this keeps going, Asuka’ll—!

: Hrk…aaah…. Urk…I…!

: …I’m not a kid anymore… I’ll grow up fast… I don’t need any toys…

: I’m not my mama’s doll… I’m going to think and live for myself…

: I don’t need a mama or a papa… I don’t need anyone… I’ll live by myself…!

: So, mama, please…! Don’t stop being my mama…!!

: NOO! Don’t make me remember that!!
: I want to bury and forget those things – stop bringing them back!! I don’t need any of this bad stuff anymore! Stop it already! Stop it…!!

: ASUKA!!
: There’s… no one… No one will help me…! No one… no one! My mind… my mind’s been defiled… what do I do… Kaji…?

*Alarm!*

: She’s going critical! If the mental contamination persists, the pilot’s life will be at risk!
: …Bring back the #02 immediately.
: R-Roger!

*The EVA-02 retreats.*

: (… And that’s the end of her. Next… is you.)
: Stay away from her!

*The RahXephon moves after Vivace.*

: You’re wasting your time, Ollin. You can’t protect them.
: That voice…! Mamoru…? Mamoru, is that you?!
: It is, Ayato.
: Y-You’re messing with me, right, Mamoru…?! Why are you controlling that Dolem?!
: Don’t worry about that. More importantly… where is Hiroko?
: You left Tokyo with her, didn’t you?
: Th-That’s…!
: And now you’re hanging out with other girls? Why is that?
: Is that boy…?!
: Mamoru… what are you doing…?
: You really shouldn’t need me to answer that, Ollin.
: “Ollin”…?!
: That’s you, Ayato; a person who is marked as an Instrumentalist. You do have the mark, don’t you?
: I’d been monitoring you all along, you know…!
: Y-You’re lying! All this time, I’ve thought of you as my friend… I’ve wanted to protect you as one of them…!
: “Protect”? “Protect”…? HAHAHAHAHAHA! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
: You couldn’t protect Hiroko or even have the balls to come clean about it with me… And you talk about protecting others?!
: Hiroko loved you… not me, you…
: And then you killed her, Ollin!!
: U-Urk…!!

: Ayato?!
: Ayato, you couldn’t save Hiroko and you sure as hell can’t protect anyone!
: Ayato!!
: Wh-What’s going on with him?!
: Is his mind also being assaulted?!
: No, there’re no signs of that!
: This is bad… If even Ayato’s disabled, then…!
: How about we carry on…?

*Ariaaaaaaaaa.*

: The target’s made direct contact with the #00!
: What about the A.T. Field?!
: It’s deployed but the target’s neutralizing it!
: It’s trying to capture the EVA, just like before?!
: Kch…rrgh…!
: Alert! The #00’s organic components are being attacked!
: Hrrrmm…! AAAAH!!

: …Who are you? Me? The “me” within the EVA…?
: No… I feel someone besides me.
: Who are you? The Dolem? The blue-blooded person fused with what we call Dolem…?
: …Won’t you join with me?
: No. I am me… I am not you.
: You’re right… but it’s too late. I’ll share my heart – and what I feel – with you as well.

: It hurts, doesn’t it? Do you feel pain in your heart?
: Pain…? No, I feel… loneliness… This is loneliness, isn’t it?
: Loneliness?
: You’re lonely because you lost the world you lived in, right? That’s why you try to join with us – with our world… You try until you’ve surmounted not just the walls within the hearts but even the walls between worlds…
: But is it you, yourself, who’s lonely?
: Your body is no different from a Dolem… both are merely vessels… And the soul you store is filled with sorrow…
: You are a doll… A doll, just like a Dolem… One of several…
: I… I am not a doll…!
: And that is so sad… It's hard to go back to how you were. It's frightening, going back to being part of a bigger collective…
: And being someone’s replacement adds to your unhappiness…

: These are… tears? I’m… crying?
: REI!!
: …I’m rescinding my order to seal the EVA-01. Deploy and coordinate with the RahXephon to rescue Rei.
: Huh?!
: Deploy it.
: Y-Yes, sir…!
: Are you sure about this? The Committee will not be happy.
: It was the old men themselves who sped up the clock by bringing in the Fifth Children and starting mass-production of the EVA Series.
: And then there's the MU. They showed up to impede our plans directly. Everything must be in place before they proceed with their next step.
: (For our own plan, hm…?)
: EVA-01, launching!

: Shinji?!
: They went back on keeping the #01 sealed?!
: Shinji, deploy your A.T. Field and rescue Rei – quick!
: OK!
: You’ve finally shown yourself, #01! With you gone, your Project will go up in smoke!

*Vivace starts moving after the #01.*

: Ikari!
: Fight back, Shinji!
: Roger!

: I T H U R T S… I T H U R T S...
: ?!
: I K A R I... I K A R I... Hmhmhmhmhm…Heeheeheeheehee…
: A-Ayanami…?!
: That’s… my soul… it wants to be with Ikari…! No…!

*The EVA-00 moves after the Dolem*

: Rei?!
: The A.T. Field’s been reversed! It’s being corroded!
: She’s trying to immobilize the Dolem?!
: The Field’s already at its limit! The #00’s core can’t withstand any more!
: Eject, Rei! Get outta there!

: No. If I go, the A.T. Field will disappear. So I can’t.

: Rei…! You’re going to die for this?!
: The core’s being crushed! Critical pressure exceeded!
: …?! All units, brace for impact! Actually, no, get away from her!!

: A-Ayanami…!!
: N-No…!
: She self-destructed to save us...!
: No… this can’t be real…!
: Hahahahahah…
: Mamoru…?!
: This is what fate has in store for all of you, Ollin. Your friends, your families, your lovers… or any of the red-blooded peoples of this world… None of you can protect any of them.
: Do you know why this planet’s vast oceans and sky are blue, Ayato? It’s because it all belongs to us, the blue-blooded people.
: …I wouldn’t be so sure about that just yet.
: Whether this world'll belong to your kind or not isn't set in stone yet… Just as it's not yet decided whether you’ll claim ownership of the future or not.
: Wh-Who is that…?! What’s he doing there?!
: Are you a Mulian…?! No… You’re…!
: …I'm a visitor, just like you.
: What…?!
: I'm a messenger, sent into this world by the descendants of the disobedient peoples of the ancient White and Black Moons… The final messenger.
: Are… Are you an Ollin?!
: No, I can't play tunes like he can… I wasn’t given an instrument to play, you see.
: But I do enjoy music; and while I have no instrument… I can still sing.
: Ixtli…?! Are you another Ixtli, then?!
: …Maybe I am, but I can't attain Yolteotl with an Ollin…
: That's not my part to play. Once again, I'm not the one who's at the center of everything… not even in this universe.
: What is that boy doing…?
: (Is he talking with the Mulian…?!)
: Who the hell are you…?!
: I'm he who continues to be, across the endless cycle… so that the ceremony of death and rebirth may be repeated, and to present you all with the choice of what form your future'll take.
: Indeed… I'm a trial presented to man by what you’d refer to as God.
: Are you… a Tuner…? Or, wait, something like it?!
: If they don't meet with me, neither Tuning nor Instrumentality'll happen… This is a rite of passage for both.
: So why don’t you stop tormenting them for now? Their hearts are so delicate… like yours.
: Urk…!!

*Mamoru begins taking off.*

: MAMORUU!!
: Ayato… it won’t be long before you cease to exist as a man – where you’ll abandon your humanity.
: And I’ll be there to see it…! I will…!

Off he goes.

: The target’s vanished from our radars!
: The battle’s over… at least for now. Shift us to level one alert status…!
Roger… Shifting to code yellow.
: …The EVA-00?
: We… saw no signs of the Entry Plug being ejected.
: Send a search and rescue party… now…!
: If she’s actually alive, hm…?
: …The Fifth saved them.
: Hm.
: Was it that man who let him outside…?

And that’s the first half of this mission! Other half should be in two days, tops.

Yeesh…

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
I...guess that's one way to do the last few battles of Evangelion. Just put everything on ULTRA FAST FORWARD.

And Kaworu has still been reading the script, I see.

• Locked thread