Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
God that panel is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm fond of Peter's two differently sized eyes in the third panel myself.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

techknight posted:

OMG

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

techknight posted:

Bell's Palsy Man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You still have a talking raccoon with you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I don't know what I want more, them having to explain Rocket to whoever's at the front desk or the last room having just been rented.... to Ronan!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"My name is Peter Parker, this is my beautiful celebrity wife Mary Jane, and this is.... uhhh... our pet racoon."
"I'm not a racoon whatever that is! And I thought your name was Spider-Man!?!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

or the last room having just been rented.... to Ronan!

That would be further proof of a king and loving God, it's true. The initial proof, of course, being the existence of Newspaper Spider-Man.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Synthbuttrange posted:

You still have a talking raccoon with you.

no see everyone knows spider-man, but rocket could pass as just an every day midget in a fursuit

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
This is even better than Spider-Man being pulled over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peter looks so goddamn haunted in that last panel

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

chinese barbecue porp posted:

This is even better than Spider-Man being pulled over.

No, I politely disagree because that would have been choice for edits

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh my God I was going to make a joke about the next strip being hero naptime and look what we have here. :allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I love that MJ and Rocket seem to be getting along and having a good time, while Peter just looks like he doesn't want to be there.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I really hope that Rocket ends up calling one of the beds and Peter has to sleep on the floor instead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DemonTrigger posted:

I really hope that Rocket ends up calling one of the beds and Peter has to sleep on the floor instead.

why wouldn't he and mj be in the same bed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah why wouldnt Rocket and MJ share the same bed?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DemonTrigger posted:

Peter has to sleep on the floor instead.

Oh God please :pray:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Cakefarts Carol posted:

No, I politely disagree because that would have been choice for edits

Newspaper Peter Parker, Mary "stoneface" Jane and a buzzsaw mouth space raccoon are registering for a motel room. If that isn't goldmine for future edits I'll eat a brick.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Newspaper Peter Parker, Mary "stoneface" Jane and a buzzsaw mouth space raccoon are registering for a motel room. If that isn't goldmine for future edits I'll eat a brick.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DemonTrigger posted:

At this rate, Peter will be forced to sleep in the car.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Newspaper Spider-Man sells the idea that Peter Parker's life is a massive shithole better than any single regular comic ever has. This is a beat-down, sad man we follow along with, and any victory Peter gets just honestly never seemed worth the hassle in the first place. Bless this strip.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
So, looking through the archives...

I think it's probably good for Peter that MJ has been upset lately, because she's terrifying when she's in a good mood:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Let's go take a nap. I doubt Ronan will blow up any more diners or find the sentry in the meantime!"

I hope they have to pay a pet deposit for Rocket.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't know what I want more, them having to explain Rocket to whoever's at the front desk or the last room having just been rented.... to Ronan!

DemonTrigger posted:

I'm not sure which of these I want to see more.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

I think it's probably good for Peter that MJ has been upset lately, because she's terrifying when she's in a good mood:

MJ is high as gently caress.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

Holy poo poo, hahaha

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alhazred posted:

I helped Spider-Man! Also I smoked a week's worth of meth in an hour! Today's been a good fuckin day!!!!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Endless Mike posted:

"Let's go take a nap. I doubt Ronan will blow up any more diners or find the sentry in the meantime!"

Hey, even Superman isn't saving the planet 24/7. You wanna see a sleep-deprived Newspaper Spider-Ma oh who am I kidding of course you do.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 17, 2017

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Only peter, or MJ, needs to go to the front desk to check in. Like, just one person. Rocket doesn't need to go in there at all.

But you just KNOW all three of them will waltz right up to the manager.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Alhazred posted:

Well her name is Mary Jane...

Also, why the hell was 'Robbie gets sued for sexual harassment' ever considered a good idea for a plotline?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Spider-Man and Mary Jane helped Robbie get away with sexual harassment. He will not stop and he can't be tried again because it's double jeopardy!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Wait, what?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well her name is Mary Jane...

Also, why the hell was 'Robbie gets sued for sexual harassment' ever considered a good idea for a plotline?

It was a pretty bad storyline from 1999. Robbie writes a negative newspaper story about a mob guy, who sends a woman in to get a job at the Bugle. She purposefully falls off a stepstool or something so Robbie catches her while another goon films, and they accuse Robbie of sexual harrassment so Robbie will lose his job.

Spider-man enlists Mary Jane to do the same to the mob guy by pretending to be a reporter who wants to talk to him, Peter takes the picture.

The disturbing part is through the whole middle Spider-man keeps saying "Robbie is a REALLY GOOD GUY, I KNOW he's innocent!", or TheReasonTheyGetAwayWithIt.txt

It's the least good story I've read in the archives so far, but at least it had that face?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ferrule posted:

Only peter, or MJ, needs to go to the front desk to check in. Like, just one person. Rocket doesn't need to go in there at all.

But you just KNOW all three of them will waltz right up to the manager.

Peter: Look only one of us needs to go in and talk to the manager. So.... it's agreed?
Panel of a confused manager looking down from his desk at Rocket

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

theflyingorc posted:

It was a pretty bad storyline from 1999. Robbie writes a negative newspaper story about a mob guy, who sends a woman in to get a job at the Bugle. She purposefully falls off a stepstool or something so Robbie catches her while another goon films, and they accuse Robbie of sexual harrassment so Robbie will lose his job.

You know, usually mobsters just... shoot reporters.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

You know, usually mobsters just... shoot reporters.

are you daring to impugn the ironclad logic of newspaper spider-man

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Jerusalem posted:

Peter: Look only one of us needs to go in and talk to the manager. So.... it's agreed?
Panel of a confused manager looking down from his desk at Rocket

Oh please let this happen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wait, I think I got it. They'll be denied because No Pets Allowed. Then a tv will be playing a late night report that an alien is attacking a nearby city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Started looking through the archives more or less at random, and I just really appreciate how much incompetence/slapstick they crammed into five panels:

That was the dramatic climax of several months of storyline.

• Locked thread