Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

dreezy posted:

they actually sold those little braid things as a toy. i think it came with either the little walkie talkie communicator device they use or qui gon's lightsaber.

source: i had one.

edit, both:

poo poo, I remember seeing those! Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Who are we kidding, disney says girls are fierce badasses who can do anything. Grr...

Including being murderous evil people maybe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KakerMix posted:

Including being murderous evil people maybe

Disney was actually considering buying the film rights to Gone Girl. They would've made an animated adaptation and Amy would've been an official Disney Princess.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

revdrkevind posted:

(lovely South Park reference)

Rey: "'Member Luke Skywalker?"

Luke: "Yeah I 'member. 'Member Chewbacca?"

Rey: "I 'member! I just saw Chewbacca! 'Member Han Solo?"

Luke: "I 'member!"

Rey: "'Yeah! Member when Han Solo died?"

Luke: (sad look)

Rey: (crying)

Mike: "What is that in the background blowing around on the cliffs... is that the loose pages of the script? Did somebody leave the script laying around and now it's just blowing around all over the screen? How embarrasing."

I bought a smilie just for that. :member:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

They'll probably just both team up to fight hologram man or whatever

yeah the new trilogy is definitely going to be more avatar: the last airbender than some cool dark twist where the good become bad and the bad become good.

the latter would be actually interesting whereas the former is played out and boring now

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

turn off the TV posted:

This is my favorite part of the prequels, in episode 1 Anakin's actor is 10 and Padme's is 18. Anakin according to ~the lore~ Anakin is 9 and Padme is 14. Anakin looks the right age and Padme looks too old. There is a 10 year gap between episode 1 and 2. Anakin's and Padme's actors in episode 2 were both 20, so Anakin ages 10 years and it's believable and he looks the part, while Padme barely looks older at all.

nanomachines, son

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What was the video where they first explain the concept of gently caress You It's January?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The mother wasn't there was she?
Kid helps save the loving planet, but the mother is a slave so gently caress her.
Not even worth buying her freedom, because someone has to clean up the mess.
LETS GO LEARN TO BE A JEDI WOOHOO!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Guy Goodbody posted:

What was the video where they first explain the concept of gently caress You It's January?

The one with A Haunted House I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7_r80uwn8

e - I could be wrong since I hit the part and it seemed like they referenced a previous ep but I'm not sure which it is

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 17, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Justin Credible posted:

The one with A Haunted House I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7_r80uwn8

e - I could be wrong since I hit the part and it seemed like they referenced a previous ep but I'm not sure which it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTHQznVs00

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's an earlier episode where they come up with the gently caress You It's January thing

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
any true rlm fan knows the phrase was coined in the devil inside/flyin ryan review. RIP margaret thatcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0F1_lzClgE&t=1086s

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Why is Finn a main character? He's just comic relief.
I thought he'd be the idiot with a heart of gold, but he's just a self interested dick. He only bust's out Poe because he needs a pilot. Then he peaces out at Maz' place to hitch a ride to run away leaving Rey and Han. Then he lies to all the rebel leaders about how he can bring down the Starkiller base shields so he can go rescue Rey and gently caress everybody else.
What a dick.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Shut up about star wars

edit: lol

Altared State fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 17, 2017

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Listen man, as consumers of RLM content we have only 3 interests: Star Wars, 9/11 and AIDS.

We'll get on to the other 2 when we're ready.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I come here for the Juicy Shaq Meat.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I hope we get a commentary track on Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness sometime. Don't really know if anyone of them besides Jay really likes those movies though. I guess a ReView would also be acceptable.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

I come here for the Juicy Shaq Meat.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Apologies to whomever made this point first, but people are *still* angry posting about The Phantom Menace's review:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Zahgaegun posted:

Apologies to whomever made this point first, but people are *still* angry posting about The Phantom Menace's review:

xD

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
"Let's say you have seen episode 1 3 times and any of the original trilogy 50 times."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope they do a half in the bag of Monster Trucks. It actually wasn't half bad.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zahgaegun posted:

Imagine writing a paragraph of that length in the comments section of any website, let alone YouTube.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

greatn posted:

I hope they do a half in the bag of Monster Trucks. It actually wasn't half bad.

Maybe someone beat me to the punch, but it really feels like the whole premise was a half baked idea that came strictly from the name: "they're called MONSTER trucks, but there is no monster :saddowns: "

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I wonder who the real monster trucks are...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

Maybe someone beat me to the punch, but it really feels like the whole premise was a half baked idea that came strictly from the name: "they're called MONSTER trucks, but there is no monster :saddowns: "

It was from a conversation between the then studio president and his then four year old.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

greatn posted:

To be fair, most of those list of force powers from the video games came directly from the prequels and were new when we saw them.

Freeze blaster blast will be a video game power you choose from a list next time they make one.

Vader choked people with the Force, because he was an instrument of terror. The Emperor could cast spells of lightning, because he was an evil wizard.

Kylo can freeze blaster bolts, because he's.. a procrastinator? A man wary of letting go? Is it simply the new trick all the cool kids learn at Badawan Academy?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

greatn posted:

It was from a conversation between the then studio president and his then four year old.

this is actually cool and if you're gonna make a silly movie, this is a great way to start it up

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Vader force choked people because that's cool. Sidious lightning blasted people because that's cool. Kylo Ren froze a blaster bolt in mid-air because that's cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Obi Wan mind controlled people because HES A RAPIST WHO FORCES PEOPLE TO DO THINGS AGAINS TTHEIR WILLL

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

THE BAR posted:

Vader choked people with the Force, because he was an instrument of terror.

Luke choked out a couple of Jabba's guards

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Luke choked out a couple of Jabba's guards

I always read that scene as Luke doing a sort of mind trick, but one a little more intrusive (more dark side) than the one Obi-Wan does, not choking them.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i hate myself for thinking about this or talking about star wars on the internet but a choke would not be a "special move" for people who can move objects with the force. lightning is the only special power imo. *kills self*

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zzulu posted:

Obi Wan mind controlled people because HES A RAPIST WHO FORCES PEOPLE TO DO THINGS AGAINS TTHEIR WILLL

Qui Gon actually probably was this. He bankrupted Watto for basically no reason using a jedi mind trick.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Super speed is a special move.

Or spinning, that's a good trick.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MikeCrotch posted:

Qui Gon actually probably was this. He bankrupted Watto for basically no reason using a jedi mind trick.

Watto lost a child slave but got the pod AND the prize money for the race. He made out like a bandit.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
That whole "only money works on me" bit from the prequel movies is the only thing I ever really liked. Seeing 'Gon do the trick, and it failing was kind of nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Gotta go fast once in seven movies. Then never ever again.

• Locked thread