Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

quote:

Any and all NSFW material must be remote linked, preferably with a warning. If the picture you just posted would probably get you in trouble with your boss who’s is also your mother and maybe a member of the clergy, link it remotely. If I have to link it for you I will slap you.
It's much easier and clearer to say "any and all material meant to titilate should be linked between :nws: tags" instead of trying to be funny about it.

To be fair to the rules, I didn't remember the second line of the paragraph, the only thing that stuck in my mind was the first sentence. I apologize for that, my bad.

As for the pedantry comment, these are supposed to be rules. Rules should be clear and concise so everyone can see, understand, and contribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

But yes, Matoi, you should have said something along the lines of "Don't post stuff like this" instead of :cripes:

My probation messages used to be more wordy at first but the reaction is the same every time no matter what the message is, the only difference now is that I stay out discussions since the usual response is to try and humiliate me/get me removed every time someone picks up a 6hour. :bang:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

don't lose your way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

matoi just use this as the probation reason from now on

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm sure there are a few people that get legit mad about the sixers but I'd like to think most people here are exaggerating for comedy.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
p.s: you suck

Endorph posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

As for the pedantry comment, these are supposed to be rules. Rules should be clear and concise so everyone can see, understand, and contribute.

There are rules that are absolutely subjective (like the sitewide rule that you can break most rules if you're funny enough). But it doesn't even matter since this is regarding something with a real easy workaround! What do you lose by manually linking something that might be nws?

Like, there's not gonna be a scientific breakdown every time someone crosses the line. Just gotta accept it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'm sure there are a few people that get legit mad about the sixers but I'd like to think most people here are exaggerating for comedy.

It's this. Or at most, just a principle thing about being consistent/ going overboard. But as Mod, it's your perogative to do what you feel is in the best interest for the forum as a whole.

Also

Endorph posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

worst case scenario is somebody steps over the line and gets a sixer, i don't know why this is being made into such an issue

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Because my main character flaws are:
Terrible memory.
Pedantry.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Because my main character flaws are:
Terrible memory.
Pedantry.

Yes, because "don't embed a thing if you're not sure it's SFW" is definitely much harder to remember than an 800-page long list of specific things that are and aren't allowed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A reminder that at 5PM EST Tomorrow there's a Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct, for those of you who care about FE.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, because "don't embed a thing if you're not sure it's SFW" is definitely much harder to remember than an 800-page long list of specific things that are and aren't allowed.

"any and all material meant to titilate should be linked between :nws: tags"

There is a difference between the two.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

A reminder that at 5PM EST Tomorrow there's a Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct, for those of you who care about FE.

Enjoy the mobile game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Post Valkyrie Drive? That's a probation.
Post Sento? That's a probation.
Posting Holo? Ohhh you better believe that's a probation.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

devtesla posted:

Enjoy the mobile game.

It's gonna be FE Musou.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Don't look at erotic things while at work!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

I think it's time to move on my man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

devtesla posted:

Enjoy the mobile game.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sorry Corals posted:

you wait for the top of a new page, dont even timg it, and take your licks

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think it's time to move on my man

Yep. Time to work.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yep. Time to work.

Julias posted:

Don't look at erotic things while at work!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

devtesla posted:

Enjoy the mobile game.

Fire Emblem clicker, so you can waifu touch at work, on the bus, and on the john.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/HS5kdDr.png:nws:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It's work safe if you work at the rear end in a top hat factory, at least.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Imagine your boss peaking over your shoulder and seeing that image 😱

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Imagine your boss peaking over your shoulder and seeing that image 😱

I would say "Boss, get off of the step-stool, that's dangerous."

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/IMZPJjA.gif:nws:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I read the first chapter of the Sasameki Koto author's new series, and holy poo poo it is hosed up. It might be the single most hosed up chapter of a manga I've ever read. I was really not expecting that from this author.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sasameki koto author's new manga, goblin slayer

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Probably gonna feel that one in the morning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

I read the first chapter of the Sasameki Koto author's new series, and holy poo poo it is hosed up. It might be the single most hosed up chapter of a manga I've ever read. I was really not expecting that from this author.

you should explain what happened in the mang

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

sasameki koto author's new manga, goblin slayer

:rip: z0glin

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

z0glin Warchief posted:

That sounds like a challenge

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
z0glin's right, it is hosed up

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
more seriously, i can see how their actual new manga could possibly get really hosed up

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The Colonel posted:

more seriously, i can see how their actual new manga could possibly get really hosed up

It's way worse than even that description would imply. :nms:The younger brother is a robot the clockmaker woman made (a replacement for her real brother, who died), and she whores it out to older men so she can watch from a hidden camera and masturbate. The whole neighborhood knows about this and is totally fine with it, except for the woman's childhood friend who wants to marry her, who just acts exasperated about it. The tone is pretty light, cracking jokes about the robot's head falling off during "work" and poo poo, which just makes everything even creepier.:nms:

And this is in the same magazine that runs Futaribeya! And a cooking manga set in Antarctica! It's on Kindle Unlimited! I can't figure out how this got greenlit for the life of me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Well,

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009