Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Are there any benefits to being in a guild besides the chat window and friendly matches? I joined some random one in case it gave any resource benefits but so far I gots nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

I'm downloading it to give it a try anyways.

I tried liking clash royale but couldn't really get into it much.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pyronic posted:

I'm downloading it to give it a try anyways.

I tried liking clash royale but couldn't really get into it much.

I'm having fun, but the game is already getting repetitive.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Applied to the Pits as PrefectSix.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ah poo poo. Made it to durasteel and the game offered me a selection of cards like GONK and AT-ST but I wasn't sure what I wanted yet and hit X.

Now the game doesn't want to give me the choice anymore.

Kinda unfair to put me on the spot like that then punish me for being indecisive, Force Arena.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol yeah, keep an eye on which cards you're close on upgrading as you go through those missions.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I figure it was just telling me the new type of cards that are available to me at the new tier now.

At least that's what I hope.

Rebellions are built on hope.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh, yeah it might be that I remember a screen like that but I've also never x'd out of "pick one of these" screen without picking.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

AndyElusive posted:

Gonna apply to SArlacc as Andylusive if there's room still.

Also I wish I knew good Cassian was before I unlocked Sabine but drat if I'm not wrecking fools in my noob tier with her anyway.

For what its worth Sabine seems to be the most popular rebel character in the top 20

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Empire too weak to prove my point further i have spent over 500dollars on this game and everything i havebis about level 10 the rebels can slam waves n wavewhipe empirr struggles to keep the gates flooded.or.protected iv learned the counters ofthe troops but it doesnt matter when thiere are 1 to 3 members of empire getting flooded b6 every time a reebel can throw at you gi e the empire lower enery poeple

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Gonna get my Legendary picker tomorrow.
I pulled Kanan. Is he as crazy as he sounds? I've also got Kallus's Unique. He seems really strong when I'm up against him.
Should I be getting Ezra or Kallus or just rank Dengar up for the meme?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have Ezra + Unique and don't really get what his deal is. Ezra has a weird unique movement thing where he dashes/jumps in when you make him run, his main attack is saber but after a few hits he jumps back and shoots his gun and then stands around and gets shot a bunch. His unique guy is supposed to deflect blaster fire but I've never seen him do it.

All in all I think we could all do...

:smugdog:

Better than Ezra

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Applied to SArlacPits as Verno

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
My username in this is Ih8sand and gently caress everyone who doesn't thumbs up my name after a game

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My Cassian is neigh unbeatable 1v1, it's ridiculous.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Anyone been able to build an empire deck that doesn't suck? Even with at-st I lose all my matches no matter the approach I take. I feel like Empire is just poo poo compared to rebels.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainAssholay posted:

Anyone been able to build an empire deck that doesn't suck? Even with at-st I lose all my matches no matter the approach I take. I feel like Empire everyone is just poo poo compared to rebels Cassian.

Fixed.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

CaptainAssholay posted:

Anyone been able to build an empire deck that doesn't suck? Even with at-st I lose all my matches no matter the approach I take. I feel like Empire is just poo poo compared to rebels.

idk about the deck specifically, but I feel like my empire decks all live and die based on what happens when I drop rocket trooper or ATST on the lane that isn't being focused on and how I can take advantage of it. And Thrawn is the only hero I've had much success with (really like how he summons stormtroopers while shooting). Empire also seems to need more proper placement between long and short attackers, they fall apart harder and faster when you get into situations where you're just tapping cards to pop out of your hero or tossing them as far forward as you can.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

CaptainAssholay posted:

Palpatine seems pretty strong in 2V2! And the grenades are surprisingly helpful removal. Wish the toxic ones were a smidge faster, though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

For what its worth Sabine seems to be the most popular rebel character in the top 20

She's seems strong! Her primary attack is interesting in that after a few ranged shots she dashes in for a melee strike, then dashes back out. Gives a good moment to toss a stun grenade either before or after. The dash and slash is surprising and takes people off guard. Her ultimate does a lot of damage too and gives her distance from her target when activated.

So far I've had better luck with her in taking out enemy leaders than I ever did with Boba Fett, who (I think) is the only leader who gets bonuses agaisnt them.

Her passive buff to the grenadier makes him a straight up murderer, too.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 17, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can someone explain the AT-ST to me? It seems like it's weak versus pretty much, everything. While it's only strength is against turrets and buildings. Feels like energy that could be better used on a MTV or heavy troopers.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm on the mission to do 10 2v2 Empire battles. If anyone wants to suck it up and get them over with let me know.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
if you don't run gonk droid, what are you doing with your life?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Looks like my hotel internet cut out at the end there. Good games Splat! We tore that up, I'm up to 2300 now. What was your deck? You seemed to win your lane a lot more often than me.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Empire sucks rear end and should never be queued into 2v2. Just don't. It's loving miserable with how fast the Rebels can spawn units and just overwhelm you and theres nothing you cna do about it. In 1v1 it seems manageable but its just unfun and miserable in 2v2.

kanser
Jun 5, 2011
I just did my 10 empire battles on 2vs2 with all random people and honestly won at least 5. It's made me rethink empire, like perhaps they're balanced for that. We'd do really well if he my partner had walkers and tanks, along with higher cost units. I used a lot of support like stun grenades, force pikes, nerve gas, and the AoE stuff. Empire has a lot more support vs the rebels troop selection so the cost effectiveness went way up. You can get a good mix of support and firepower in a 2 on 2 on empires side but the rebels really can only double the swarm size.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I have to give it up to MasterRoach. He and I did all 20 of the required turret kills for the empire mission and it was loving miserable. There were games where we'd get zero credit because we couldn't kill a single turret. A couple times we both zerged the same lane and still couldn't kill a turret. I didn't keep track but we got maybe 2 wins total? Afterwards we went back to face rolling with rebels and both felt pretty bad picking on poor empire. I'm enjoying the game but I'm worried the gross imbalance will scare people off, and I don't blame them :(

Boozie posted:

Looks like my hotel internet cut out at the end there. Good games Splat! We tore that up, I'm up to 2300 now. What was your deck? You seemed to win your lane a lot more often than me.

l2 Andor, l3 Tank, l6 Wompas, l8 Pathfinders, l6 Marauders, l3 Flamethrowers, l7 X-Wing, l2 Drop Pod.

Yes, I dropped $20 on the game and it felt so good to not give it to SWGOH. I just used it to buy credits. Not sure how I feel about the flame unit over grenadiers, I'll have to keep an eye on them because they are lower level and I think shorter range. I love the drop pod, couldn't really get into the stun grenades. Maybe if I was melee.

Ramadu posted:

Empire sucks rear end and should never be queued into 2v2. Just don't. It's loving miserable with how fast the Rebels can spawn units and just overwhelm you and theres nothing you cna do about it. In 1v1 it seems manageable but its just unfun and miserable in 2v2.

2v2 was definitely awful. That's a good point about 1v1, it might be more manageable there.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Trying to make decisions about what to keep in my deck has been a little confusing so I made a quick chart to see where my best values were. This completely ignores health/movement speed/etc. so the specialty units are going to fair poorly, but I was more interested in sifting through the rank-and-file units anyway. Feel free to comment/analyze further:

code:
Unit			DPS	Unit Count	Cost	Dps/Cost
Twilek Rebels		30	4		1	120
Rebel Honor Guards	85	4		5	68
Talz Marauders		44	3		2	66
Rebel Troopers		28	4		2	56
Rebel Pathfinders	81	2		3	54
Dressellian Sniper	174	1		4	43.5
Wookiee Warrior		127	1		3	42.33333333
Rebel Grenadier		100	1		3	33.33333333

Imperial Heavy Gunners	199	3		5	119.4
Devaronian Bladesmen	121	2		3	80.66666667
Stormtroopers		41	3		2	61.5
Sandtrooper		94	1		3	31.33333333
Rocket Stormtrooper	88	1		3	29.33333333
Probe Droid		60	1		3	20
All these dudes are lvl 6 except the Wookie (lvl 4), and Sniper/Heavy Gunners/Rocket ST (lvl5). My Imperial sharpshooter is only lvl 3 so I'm not including him.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
applied to SArlaccPits as Losar.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've only played like 4 or 5 matches so obviously I'm at the low level but wow people just don't even bother spawning units half the time. I haven't lost a match or heck even a tower yet. I'm sure I'll be getting my face stomped pretty soon but for now people don't seem to get that it's not just a hero vs hero MOBA.

Other than that this game is pretty fun, good change of pace from Galaxy of Heroes. The main menu artwork on the heroes also look nice.

B1GGY
Aug 22, 2004

In case the other guilds fill up too fast, I made one named LLJK, feel free to join.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Finally got my free unlock, picked Cassian, and I had gotten K-2SO from a pack. Running them together with some other high-level units that I have and seeing what ticks.

I'm also in love with the turrets, it's so nice to plop down a level 6 one and seeing it hold a lane back while you get a fatty down or something. High level rebel guards and being lucky with some tank pulls is excellent. Not too impressed with the marauders, but that's what practice is for.

EDIT: Holy poo poo Cassian is amazing.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 17, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serperoth posted:

Fuckin... RIGHT?!?!!??!?!

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Finally got my free unlock, picked Cassian, and I had gotten K-2SO from a pack. Running them together with some other high-level units that I have and seeing what ticks.

I'm also in love with the turrets, it's so nice to plop down a level 6 one and seeing it hold a lane back while you get a fatty down or something. High level rebel guards and being lucky with some tank pulls is excellent. Not too impressed with the marauders, but that's what practice is for.

I too just got K2 from the trader dude. I like him as a damage sponge, while the big yeti guy sits behind him killing all the things.

I'm not a big fan or turrets though. The crazy spam cheap guys seems totally OP for rebels, unless the enemy has a bunch of AoE they are gonna die.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

I too just got K2 from the trader dude. I like him as a damage sponge, while the big yeti guy sits behind him killing all the things.

I'm not a big fan or turrets though. The crazy spam cheap guys seems totally OP for rebels, unless the enemy has a bunch of AoE they are gonna die.

Never don't bring TIE fighters.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
This game is dumb and not worth my or anyone's time. Applied to sarlaccpits as mazreal.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have beaten a cassian player once. i hate him because players who are bad beat me.

nerf that fucker asap. i have two luke cards and i'm not gonna upgrade him cause what is the point when i am just gonna get cassian eventually

applied to sarlacc as camsteh

cams fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 17, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's sorta funny how not fun it is to play as Dark Side versus Cassians and Lukes especially chasing those Empire Missions.

Versus Hans and Ezras I don't mind.

The only Darksiders I have with a partner worth their spit is Grand Inquisitor w/ Eighth Bro and it was a complete slog destroying 20 turrets and/or shield-gens with them.

Why not at least give either Vader or Inquisitor the ability to reflect shots like Luke?

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsForceArena/comments/5ojm78/force_arena_tips_for_beginners_from_a_kyber_player/?st=iy1yct0w&sh=3624e5ba

There are some hidden Emp tricks in the comments. It's improved my performance a bit but it's still pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Since I chose Sabine for my mission Legendary I figured I'd gamble even though I read how bad of an idea it is to trade Legendaries at the store and for the most part, it is a pretty bad idea. I would continuously spend thousands just to trade a card for another one I had but, after 3 back to back trades resulting in duplicates I finally pulled Cassian.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 18, 2017

• Locked thread