Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I saw the current MG situation coming a long time ago. What would you realistically do instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Bimmi posted:

I saw the current MG situation coming a long time ago. What would you realistically do instead?

start over from the beginning and remake all the kits until we get to gundam 5.0

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Woah drat, they're even translating RG manuals now-

Oh. :smith:

MG Psyco Zaku is in a similar boat: all of the design notes were translated, but not the interview because ???

Bimmi posted:

"Make kits of shows that are currently on air"?

EDIT: Okay it looks like SA hates tinypic or something so I guess I'll just link to the dalong pages.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 16, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd like them to do that Psycommu Test Zaku from the end of Thunderbolt December Sky. I want a cool space shuttle Zaku.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bimmi posted:

It's a bit weird that the last series that got an mg was build fighters. I'd expect that g-self and the build burning to get an mg or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

It's a bit weird that the last series that got an mg was build fighters. I'd expect that g-self and the build burning to get an mg or something.

The only Build Fighters kits that got MG's are the ones Bandai can rip off an existing MG for, and it's not hard to see why: With Build Fighters kits you aren't getting HG 1:144 scale, you're getting 1:1 scale replicas.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only Build Fighters kits that got MG's are the ones Bandai can rip off an existing MG for, and it's not hard to see why:

They didn't even do that properly though. No Zaku Amazing, No Wing Fenice, No X Maoh(we even thought the only reason MG Gundam X got made was for a X Maoh), and no Gouf R35.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

They didn't even do that properly though. No Zaku Amazing, No Wing Fenice, No X Maoh(we even thought the only reason MG Gundam X got made was for a X Maoh), and no Gouf R35.

You removed the part of the post that takes a pretty good guess at why that's the case.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2016/11/hguc-1144-gundam-type-unit-gundam.html

So this thing is essentially the Gundam Mk II Alex edition?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Arcsquad12 posted:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2016/11/hguc-1144-gundam-type-unit-gundam.html

So this thing is essentially the Gundam Mk II Alex edition?

Yeah, that's definitely a Mk.II/ALEX fusion.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It explicitly says it's based off the Alex.

Which is kinda funny since last time I checked the Alex got thrown into a garage for a couple of years until the Titans found it, shrugged, rebuilt it and painted it red.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Which is kinda funny since last time I checked the Alex got thrown into a garage for a couple of years until the Titans found it, shrugged, rebuilt it and painted it red.

I cant help but think UC got to the point where you could throw open any hangar door on an old-enough base and find an abandoned Gundam prototype.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Which one was that?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Say what you will about the titans, but they have some drat good aesthetic sense.

And finally, I have another assumed-forgotten grail to add to my shelf for good :toot:

Going back to Bandai kits is weird. Maybe I just got a weird one but this kit was just COVERED in mold release or something that kept gumming up my inking pens when panel lining, and the super smooth parts didn't help with getting ink where I wanted it. It also had quite possibly the highest number of redundant parts I've ever seen, with an entire sprue copied just in a different color, and with certain parts from those two in a third color on another sprue (three different neck armor pieces!)

Still though, it's a good kit. Of course it is, it's a Bandai Wing kit, they've got those down to a science by now. Now to just find a good 'fire everything' pose that doesn't look as doofy as the last photo there. :downs:

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
So, I was having a conversation with ACES (you Heavyarms EW having rear end in a top hat) and while trying to get a good Sandrock image for him, I accidentally discovered that Sandrock is the best Gundam ever created. Now I just have to wait for the inevitable MGs that will never come out.

Behold perfection: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Griffon_Gundam and http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/XXXG-01SRL_Gundam_Sandleon

One can be safely airbrushed on the side of a van and the other has boosters on it's arm so it can cut faster.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Wing variants are a rabbit hole the average Gundam fan should not dare to brave.

poo poo gets weird.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Ah Sandrock, a robot so well designed it's primary attack consists of throwing away it's only weapon.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Belzac posted:

Ah Sandrock, a robot so well designed it's primary attack consists of throwing away it's only weapon.

It's a trade-off for the ability to grow a full robot beard.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Televisio Frankus posted:

It's a trade-off for the ability to grow a full robot beard.

Another victory for mustaches, the most powerful of all facial hair.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesus Christ, what a disaster

But it's not all bad news!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yuuki, maybe use a Gundam design that wasn't sketched in the back of an angsty teenager's notebook.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

It looks so sad and disgusted with itself

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
After all the stupid juvenile bullshit that's come out of Build Fighters, you're going to pile on that? Shaking My drat Head.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Backpacks are to Gundam what pouches are to Rob Liefeld, it seems.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yuuki, maybe use a Gundam design that wasn't sketched in the back of an angsty teenager's notebook.

It seriously does look like if they made a US Gundam cartoon in the late 90s.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

After all the stupid juvenile bullshit that's come out of Build Fighters, you're going to pile on that? Shaking My drat Head.

Most of the stupid juvenile designs were at least entertainingly so. The more recent ones come off like the designer is clutching a model Zeta Gundam at all times while promising they don't have a problem, no really, the flared ankles and long legs are just a coincidence!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Bimmi posted:

It's more that NAOKI is a bad and boring designer who isn't even considerate enough to be bad in an interesting and mockable way

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, pretty much everything he seems to have done is basically the Zeta in a variety of costumes themed after other suits.

In other news, yay, the IBO 1/100 line isn't dead! Also, they're being really unsubtle about who's going to fly this thing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Guy Goodbody posted:

Honestly, with a better color layout and paint, that could probably look pretty good.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.cl/2016/12/mg-1100-rx-78-2-gundam-gundam-origin.html

Did I miss something. Didn't they already release an MG Origin 78-02. Oh this is the 78-2, there might be some differences.
Fingers crossed for Origin MG GM.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

It's more that NAOKI is a bad and boring designer who isn't even considerate enough to be bad in an interesting and mockable way

No arguments there. He's a really good modeler, though.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ka0 posted:

Did I miss something. Didn't they already release an MG Origin 78-02. Oh this is the 78-2, there might be some differences.

I was trying to figure this out last week. As far as I can tell, it trades the weird crystal damage things and the 2nd rifle for (included?) LED units.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Still need to do some touching up and topcoating, but Barbatos Samus is finally complete:

1/100 Barbatos Lupus is a fun build. Despite me throwing off its balance with that giant arm cannon, it stands super stable and the joints are solid.

Edit: Should really look into some third party hands though - that holding hand makes for a terrible fist...

GoBob
Jul 31, 2008

Ka0 posted:

It looks to me like the only differences are the yellow V-fin and the 2 LEDs, plus probably an art book and a DVD.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ka0 posted:

EVGA Longoria posted:

I was trying to figure this out last week. As far as I can tell, it trades the weird crystal damage things and the 2nd rifle for (included?) LED units.

Bimmi posted:

Another semi-news bit: Bluefin's Derringer let slip on another forum that there'll be a February MG which "should have been P-Bandai" and that we "won't be happy" when we see it. Anyone care to guess what it might be?

BlitzBlast posted:

This is the P-Bandai kit that got promoted to general release:

RX-78-02 midway through The Origin.

It's the same kit, only it has a yellow v-fin and LEDs. The "crystal damage things" are effect parts for the vulcans.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is it bad that I kinda like the gun from the Amazing Freedom (wasn't that the name of the Iraq invasion)?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Is it bad that I kind of want those wings? Would go well with a bearguy.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Gundam Desert Storm
Enduring Freedom Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It looks like a gun that shoots funnels. That sounds like a winning amazing proposition to me.

I also like the red frame on something that isn't an X Frame Gundam