Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

Just curious, how would people in thjs thread rate derek smarts games?

I've only played one and it was easily in the top ten of times I have felt most confused in my life. I don't know if I like it or what it was meant to be, I came away from the experience no wiser than when I went in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Thronde posted:

This needed to be loved more. Well done. :golfclap:

I know, right? Were you singing it to Notorious B.I.G as well?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I have actually played a few of Derek's games.

They are unpolished, incredibly complicated and just not fun.

What I will say though is that at least for the battlecruiser games show ambition and a clear idea of what they wanted to be. They feel mostly hampered by budget more than anything.

Kind of SCs opposite.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Greetings from the ER. Minor break. I get a free orthopedic shoe. Probably would have been fine on my own but as big as I am taking care of my feet is important.

EDIT: Shoe doesn't fit. I get crutches instead. They are also too small.

Be glad you don't have any of that socialized healthcare. They would have just shot you and harvested the organs.

Madcosby posted:

Not great. What do you think of Wes Anderson's movies?

edit:

Mokinokaro posted:

Opportunity here, Derek. Get them on greenlight, steam workshop and watch as we transform everything into dicks. Dicks forever. Dicks on dicks launching dicks.

Still not as hosed up as Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mokinokaro posted:

What I will say though is that at least for the battlecruiser games show ambition and a clear idea of what they wanted to be. They feel mostly hampered by budget more than anything.

Kind of SCs opposite.

Yeah, like most indie games, mine are an acquired taste. I could certainly have done better with more support and money, but I am not complaining though. I get to make games that a bunch of Spergs like me want to play; and they kept paying me to make them. So I did. It could've been worse; as I could've ended up on the Star Citizen team, and got blamed for everything.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
PSA:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821399599978049536

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, like most indie games, mine are an acquired taste. I could certainly have done better with more support and money, but I am not complaining though. I get to make games that a bunch of Spergs like me want to play; and they kept paying me to make them. So I did. It could've been worse; as I could've ended up on the Star Citizen team, and got blamed for everything.

Got a piece of bad news for you Derek,

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

clearly you know nothing about engaging immersion in game development. And furthermore

It's true.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Madcosby posted:

Couldn't say as I've never played one.

In fact, until the shitizens started giving him free publicity I'd never heard of the man. ;)

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Thanks. I was probated, so I couldn't answer.

off the clock you mean.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

his nibs posted:

she's a bad actress, really bad

or she's a master actress pretending to be bad.
gently caress me, who are we kidding.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Derek, why don't you just make star citizen but instead of using a broken and outdated engine do it with pixel graphics instead

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Madcosby posted:

I think Universal Combat, while rough is one of the best games made solely for sex offenders.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

Got burned by original BC3000AD, never played anything of his since but what little I've watched makes me think that even if they were perfectly stable and beautiful to look at they wouldn't be my cup of tea.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
is the game out yet?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

serious norman posted:

is the game out yet?

No, not yet!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

is the game out yet?

3.0 is coming in less than 3 months and it's going to change gaming as we know it

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If you don't buy now you'll regret it forever when you're working as a stevedore on some smarter dude's cargo ship.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbQl1yMy3U&t=38s

CIG's future.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

I know, right? Were you singing it to Notorious B.I.G as well?

Is there any other way? I mean, gently caress, it was clearly written out for Biggie.

Edit: I should take Derek out shooting when I move to FL. That'd be a fun and interesting day. Feedjam in my rifle, cue Derek screaming at the gun "LET ME loving FINISH"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Star Citizen has changed a lot of things as we used to know it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:yarg:

:haw:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

If you don't buy now you'll regret it forever when you're working as a stevedore on some smarter dude's cargo ship.

And that's just the first episode of the Star Citizen reenactment of the second season of The Wire

~=Star Citizen=~ Everything is Equally Possible

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

New emote?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

And that's just the first episode of the Star Citizen reenactment of the second season of The Wire

~=Star Citizen=~ Everything is Equally Possible

With the billions of subsumption NPCs it wouldn't surprise me if such intricate plots arose spontaneously just by a combination of different NPC motivations. That's why I got the news reporting ship, I intent to be a sort of Nightcrawler, hanging around the worst parts of each planet and trying to find interesting stuff and make a living as a documentary director. Those should fetch a great price, luxury transports will want exclusive stuff to keep their passengers entertained.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No, she's been great at emoting ever since she was a little girl.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Sandy is a really awful actress, can't wait for 20 hours of unskippable Pusher cutscenes

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

she was talking about the tickler in black right.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The reason Squadron 42 is taking so long is that after a violent intervention Chris is now realizing he has to cut all of Sandi's scenes and is too scared to tell her.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Anyone with spare trolling cash (all my money is tied up in doxxing) should buy discounted grey market accounts and refund them for full price :getin:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

REFUNDS!? YOU GAVE THEM REFUNDS!?
\

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MeLKoR posted:

With the billions of subsumption NPCs it wouldn't surprise me if such intricate plots arose spontaneously just by a combination of different NPC motivations. That's why I got the news reporting ship, I intent to be a sort of Nightcrawler, hanging around the worst parts of each planet and trying to find interesting stuff and make a living as a documentary director. Those should fetch a great price, luxury transports will want exclusive stuff to keep their passengers entertained.

If you don't mind kind sir, after you film and then edit the footage I can transport it across the verse with my Herald for rapid delivery.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 17, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

The reason Squadron 42 is taking so long is that after a violent intervention Chris is now realizing he has to cut all of Sandi's scenes and is too scared to tell her.

Squadron 42 has been ready since last summer but if he releases it without all her brilliant scenes with Gillian/Oldman she'll kill him.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Spermanent Record posted:

Hey, MOMA, if you're as smart and classy as you want us to believe you are, how come you bought Star Citizen?

Because with me, you get classy PLUS sassy.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Think you're a big man? Hehehe... I'll treat you like you're a little man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQnu9fy45zc&t=86s

:laugh:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

3.0 is coming in less than 3 months and it's going to change gaming as we know it

some citizens agree

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/368526/guess-when-we-get-3-0-live

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

*waves hands about* can this have parp lips with the word hosed coming out? brb left some cocaine in my porsche *sniff*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

intardnation posted:

off the clock you mean.

Either way.