Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That's loving shambolic, what the gently caress, are we a football team or a loving juice bar from Fifth Element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
If they're doing it for branding purposes and not replacing the crest that's a lot better than what I originally (though the new design it's still pretty unispired)

I think they're going for this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
After seeing some fake mockup jerseys and training gear with the new logo/crest/whatever, it seems like it'll look fine, I'm now on board with this bold new move #BlackAndWhiteAndMore

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So someone got paid to design a crest that looks like a fake from some unlicensed football manager game.

Let me in on that money.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/821456803879911429

Not bad, Murillo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'm mad because that's very good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Daaaamn

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hmm 2-1 at the half. Hopefully Bud Spencer (RIP) can score a few.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Guess who's back?

To Pescara, seems to be already done deal.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That's a good goal

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm mad because that's very good.

same

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

http://www.football-italia.net/97038/report-kalinic-accepts-china

Kalinic to China supposedly done for 45 million euros. That's a nice price, canepazzo, soulex, what do you guys think will happen with the money?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Corvino just came out and said no official offers yet.

However, it will probably get reinvested over the summer if it does happen.

Wish list would be midfielder replacing Badelj (happening anyway). And a clinical finisher. Also possible someone to be a solid no 10 because we don't have one that fits yet. We have illicic fill in by he isn't a 10 really.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thinking about this loving J logo more and it's pissing me off so much. Juve posted on their fb it would be on a kit next year. Also, the incorporation of the scudetto into our "logo"(?) is the biggest, dumbest act of hubris I've ever seen in modern foot.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I didn't think of it as a scudetto thing as it was more of a homage to the stripes. If it was approached that way it would be more understandable.

From a design perspective, it makes sense. I see the symbolism and poo poo that they no doubt meant to do (J for Juventus, black and white stripes, etc) but it fails as a symbol because Juventus isn't big enough to pull this poo poo. This is Starbucks level poo poo. Removing the name "Starbucks" from their logo made people associate the logo with the brand. It was a bold move at the time, but everyone knew who Starbucks is. I would have approached it differently but I only took design because they were prerequisites.

Another point. My son, today, said "look daddy! McDonalds!" And he was right. He learned the symbol or whatever through YouTube and his kid learning apps. He has never eaten McDonalds but recognized the golden M sign.

Juventus AND Milan are not big enough economic powers to be able to redesign something that large and not expect backlash. Real Madrid sure, Bayern Munchen maybe. The problem with constantly changing your image is that people won't grow that sense of fondness or loyalty, if it keeps changing it doesn't feel stable or concrete.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think Drogadon posted in this thread that it was meant to symbolize, subtly, the outline of the scudetto, which is just so cocky, if Inter or Milan did it, I'd be laughing my rear end off.

I understand that they're trying to build a brand with the football club at the core, similar to Milan's Casa Milan crap, but they have this weird future in mind where that stupid J will transcend the football club and be a clothing brand, accessory brand, lifestyle brand. It feels like they're cheapening the gently caress out of my club :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is Andera Petagna's actual instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPYWJj0hN2M/?hl=en

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

This is Andera Petagna's actual instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPYWJj0hN2M/?hl=en

Lol, owns

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Instagram, yesterday I learned that Immobile and his girlfriend share an Instagram account, like how my aunt and uncle share a Facebook account.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Speaking of Instagram, yesterday I learned that Immobile and his girlfriend share an Instagram account, like how my aunt and uncle share a Facebook account.

lol I was wondering why you always see clips of the two of them, makes sense.

Sassuolo just got knocked out of the Coppa Italia by Cesena.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The Juve crest is definitely meant to invoke the scudetto. The more I look and think about it, the worse it gets. I think people defending the futuristic minimalism connecting it to the NY yankee logo miss out on all of the context on what made the Yankees a successful brand. The NY hat became part of national and global fashion organically. It was tied to a global city and hip hop and was the default baseball cap design for non-americans who didn't care about anything but the actual fashion of the hat itself. You can't recreate that articficially and while I'm sure Turin is nice it's not a brand in and of itself like NYC (or London, Tokyo etc.) is. It all seems really forced. There are other sports teams gear that have become fashion, like Raiders gear becoming something that looked "tough and cool" but again it all happened organically. It looks like Juve think they can force that and on top of that being a dumb Idea the logo is just bad.

I'm looking at meltdowns on social media and the defenses of it are hilarious. Reddit provided me these.

poster1 posted:

Do you see other clubs obsessing over the first letter of their team name? It like Real madrid changing their logo to the letter R or macnhester united changing their logo to the letter M. Its unbelievably bad

poster 2 unironically posted:

No, but thats because most other clubs have fairly common letters: Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Arsenal, Inter, Milan, PSG, Atleti.
NONE of these teams have unique letters. If you look at letter frequency chart for the English language, the letter U (for United) comes midway in the chart, and that's the lowest letter for these top teams.
J however comes 4th from the last, with only x,q, z being lower. And a very sharp drop after K. So yeah we can loving pull this off and own the letter. I don't know about you, but whenever see the letter I think of Juve. So it might end up as a marketing coup and actually end up kidnapping a letter from the loving alphabet!

also

I completely over analyzed a dumb marketing move by a team I dislike but I found the whole launch of the new logo + the backlash and defenses interesting.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 18, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That alphabet thing is completely ridiculous but it is worth noting that "J" is not a letter in the Italian alphabet so maybe there was something to it, not that he knew it.

The loving Ghandi thing though, lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I don't like the logo but at the same time don't think it's a huge deal.

lmao at all the meltdowns

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Seltzer posted:

I completely over analyzed a dumb marketing move by a team I dislike but I found the whole launch of the new logo + the backlash and defenses interesting.

What is it with nerds and especially reddit, and the Gandhi quote? Bitcoiners use it, doomed kickstarters backers use it. In the real world, the quote for them is "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they keep laughing at you forever"

Also, we're subbing Kalinic for ... Seferovic. I'm livid, wtf are they doing.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
The new Juve logo (because you can't call that piece of poo poo a crest) is a joke and a travesty and hell, I am glad, sempre Juve merda

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Finally I have a good reason to unveil my "Against Modern Football" banner in my living room when I watch from the other side of the world.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
el shaaraway is single handedly killing the over in this game ffs

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

el shaaraway is single handedly killing the over in this game ffs

I'm not watching - has he missed 10000 sitters like usual

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

when did he turn bad

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

wow gently caress el shaaraway just made me look like an idiot lol. chipped the keeper

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

One goal does not a good striker make!

He got bad basically when he got injured and was out for a long time at Milan. He's still better than a lot of other players but he's not the clinical monster he was at his first full season with Milan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Quarter finals will be

Napoli - Fiorentina
Juve - Milan
Inter - Lazio
Roma - Cesena

Some tasty matchups in there, they're on next week.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Goddamn it.

Viola transfer news:

Zarate is working on a permanent move to Watford

Milan Badelj's agent is being a loud mouth again and is saying fiorentina won't sell Badelj, which isn't true, we probably haven't got any offers.

Sousa might be gone and make way for Sassuolo coach Di Francesco

Still no word on renewing our best defender.

Chiesa has renewed despite making his first start against Juventus last week (I think).

Apparently China are only offering 40m now because of the government cracking down. I still think we will take it if it is real.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

Quarter finals will be

Napoli - Fiorentina
Juve - Milan
Inter - Lazio
Roma - Cesena

Some tasty matchups in there, they're on next week.

im sad this round is over and those are some tasty matchups but i wish atalanta found a way to go through

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Me too.

We will lose to Napoli
Juve beats Milan
Roma wins

Kazoo and Inter both are somehow relegated automatically.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

SS Kazoo, orgoglio di roma

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

SS Kazoo, orgoglio di roma

Sempre tra facisti e idioti, SS Kazoo salpete fuori.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Goddamn it.

Viola transfer news:

Zarate is working on a permanent move to Watford

Milan Badelj's agent is being a loud mouth again and is saying fiorentina won't sell Badelj, which isn't true, we probably haven't got any offers.

Sousa might be gone and make way for Sassuolo coach Di Francesco

Still no word on renewing our best defender.

Chiesa has renewed despite making his first start against Juventus last week (I think).

Apparently China are only offering 40m now because of the government cracking down. I still think we will take it if it is real.

Chiesa started the very first match of this season, against Juve in Torino. He's played often this year, both league and cup games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve won't beat Milan, that's not how it works this year

• Locked thread