Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Madcosby posted:

Just curious, how would people in thjs thread rate derek smarts games?

As a young teen I was grateful for the Battlecruiser 3000AD with with the lady with no knickers on. Quality fap material was hard to come by(heh) in those days.

The actual game I was less pleased with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

In before Derek triggers.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Chin posted:

He says the universe will have "billions and billions" of NPCs in the economy...

Archered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmafy_v8g8&t

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Because with me, you get irritating PLUS bad with money.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

CSR: He received a refund of $7,000 after breaking our posting and commenting guidelines.

Sandi: How dare he insult my acting!

CSR: No, he was banned and refunded because he spoiled the ending of Rogue One in discord Spectrum.

Sandi:

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 17, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaerael posted:

In before Derek triggers.

Hah. Joke's on you: Derek's always triggered.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Berious posted:

As a young teen I was grateful for the Battlecruiser 3000AD with with the lady with no knickers on. Quality fap material was hard to come by(heh) in those days.

The actual game I was less pleased with.

Jo Guest [img]jizzdick.jpg[/img]

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Said the man who looks like this IRL:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Greetings from the ER. Minor break. I get a free orthopedic shoe. Probably would have been fine on my own but as big as I am taking care of my feet is important.

EDIT: Shoe doesn't fit. I get crutches instead. They are also too small.

#GiantLivesMatter #AndreWasRight

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's his secret.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Contingency posted:

Already added to the engagement ring fund. Like SC, lots of dreams, "ironclad" ToS, and the possibility I end up with an expensive but useless souvenir, but I've been impressed by the alpha so far.

Now that sounds like a good use of money. Double congrats friend!!! :)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Madcosby posted:

Back when I had almost unlimited free time, I would play the hell out of games that had practically no actual direct gameplay. Those were the days of cardboard keyboard overlays and 500 page manuals. Lots of submarine games with obscure screens, micromanagement, and weeks of time just to learn the basics. You didn't even see what was going on, you had to just read a bunch of panels, radar screens, and other types of indirect feedback to figure out if you just got torpedoed, escaped, scored a direct hit, or were still on the loading screen.

Derek's games were that x100. They appealed to me then, but I just don't have the time these days. Think about Elite: Dangerous - there's a billion little bits of underlying complexity that are almost completely invisible to most players unless you dig deep into it (talking about factions, powerplay, the real micro stuff). Now imagine you take out all the playable portions of the game and just leave that part. They're kinda like that.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

assy you mean

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Xaerael posted:

Said the man who looks like this IRL:

stop dixxen me pls

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Madcosby posted:

I played the original from Take 2 way back in the day.

I think I figured out how to shoot and go forward, and I recall watching guys move between areas (their name switched to another station).

It was not fun, not exciting, not easy, and lacked the appearance of "learn more to really have fun!" So I didn't. Sorry about that. But I also didn't go on Usenet and go attacking anybody either. Just said "ah well that kinda is not radical." because radical was totally, like, a word people like, used in that era. Like, totally.

TheAgent gifted me the newer one, and I appear to have a steam account again, so I may try it out sometime. (My pc at home with games has been on about once in the past 3 weeks, for about an hour, do not count on my experiences with the game anytime soon)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Because with me, you get classy PLUS sassy.

Can't you just gently caress off instead? You serve no purpose — even Arf's presence is more worth-while.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
For the first time since the old Doobie/Star Citizen threads in GBS I find myself unmotivated to continue to follow the thread. My enjoyment over the total systematic failure of Star Citizen and its fans has turned into indifference. What is happening to me?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Even pro-SC comics have nothing to talk about beyond the bank and brokenness. :allears:

Gonna make a comic now. For sure. Page 1 coming soon.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

:argh::argh: Them's fightin' words! :argh::argh:

I didn't see this until this morning but probably try not to post like this, even if it's a joke.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

amma just keep scrolling :grin:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
In today's leaver news, Ali B who was the "Director of Graphics Engineering at Foundry 42" until Dec 2016, reverted the change he made to his LinkedIn and Facebook pages indicating that status.

This despite the fact that - as I verified minutes ago - that he NO LONGER WORKS THERE

Apparently the reason they're being told not to update social media, is about not getting payout bonuses or some nonsense like that.

So naturally when someone spotted it, and I posted about it yesterday after verifying (we already knew months ago that he was one of the high profile exits in Q4/16), word got around. So he reverted it.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821429714325798913

Proof:

Jan 16th (before)

Jan 17th (after I broke the news)

Also, Joe Sothy, the CFO who we knew was gone months back, though his LinkedIn showed him as "consultant to CIG", also updated his LinkedIn profile to show he left in Dec 2016

So year, all the top tier guys rumored to be jumping ship, are updating their status now

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821420169897582593

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 17, 2017

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
ho lee poo poo
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ojnzw/lets_talk_about_the_nature_of_community_updates/?st=iy1w0raq&sh=919223b0

Redacted is starting to ask questions
"[–]Dolvak[S] 5 points 20 minutes ago
But the issue is it wasn't out there. That info is still not available anywhere but behind a paywall or reddit that was a ripped translation from behind the paywall. Those images and that information has never been communicated from official channels."

Noice

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, before Sandi pulls the video...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Quality fap material was hard to come by(heh) in those days.

Couldn't you just use railway embankments like the rest of us?

edit: ^^^ someone goon knight this fucker

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

So wooden
So spooky
Pls don't eat me ms repitilians

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh hey, my next av!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For the first time since the old Doobie/Star Citizen threads in GBS I find myself unmotivated to continue to follow the thread. My enjoyment over the total systematic failure of Star Citizen and its fans has turned into indifference. What is happening to me?

You are suffering from a condition known as "Star Citizen Fatigue" - cure? Post cat gifs.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

:five: :five: :five:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's one of the most expensive death scenes ever filmed, but it is dragging on for too long now, I feel the same way. The best week is going to be when the RSI website goes "temporarily" offline and then doesn't come back.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

So, before Sandi pulls the video

"NO REFUNDS!!!"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Welcome aboard

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

On a long enough timeline everything turns to poo poo. Go play a fun, light-hearted game like RimWorld or Rebel Galaxy and come back in a few weeks. We will should be here.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

The CIG CFO bailing out isn't a very good sign imho.

AP fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 17, 2017

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
So I just showed my uncle the Star Citizen Book. His conclusion (after I explained many of the in jokes and what they referenced) was: Unbelievable! I mean, you just have to wonder... How were these people brought up???"

Lol.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Stop spreading FUD. Everything's fine. And furthermore

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

AP posted:

one would almost expect CIG is in trouble.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is that the former Gizmondo CFO or some other guy?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

AP posted:

Profile not found. Goddamn. Now people are deleting Linkedin profiles now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much are you in for?

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 17, 2017