Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Dont suppose someone can make a new thread talking about all the new changes? Just jumped back in after schwefells whatever came out. I see this new bounty board and etc but is there other ways to get silver keys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CheeseSpawn posted:

I see this new bounty board and etc but is there other ways to get silver keys?

Nope, the bounty board will give you two key quests a day, one for easy+ and one for nightmare+ and obviously the big overarching quests you use those key quests for, that's pretty much it there.

They also redid the loot and made it much more generous, as well as rebalancing a ton of the weapons and now practically everything is good and fun to use.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Could use more key quests per day really

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The major changes since the last stand update are the addition of two paid DLCs that each have 3 levels and 2 weapons that only drop on those levels, the addition of the free quests and contracts board, and a complete balance overhaul that made a huge number of previously-trash weapons really solid as well as giving much-needed nerfs to the bolt staff and trueflight bow

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I guess we won't see a big sweeping patch until Feb 28th, or at least, until much later. Fatshark's been utterly quiet.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Making patches for consoles is some hardcore poo poo. Not like those scrubby PC patches. No time for communication while that's going on.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

At least console developers aren't charged per patch anymore.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Console patches killed ps3 skyrim and team fortress 2

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Console patches killed ps3 skyrim and team fortress 2

How true is that?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lunethex posted:

How true is that?

Valve cane out and said they would have loved to patch and update tf2 on 360 and ps3, only to be told that they would need to charge money and sell the updates as DLC. So instead of going against their principles of free updates and patches they just abandoned the console releases of orange box.

Ad for Skyrim, bethesda's gamebryo and creation engines are notoriously bad on the ps3's hardware. Bethesda was already abysmal with quality assurance, but they just released their DLC for Skyrim as is and didn't do anything to really fix the engine problems

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Valve cane out and said they would have loved to patch and update tf2 on 360 and ps3, only to be told that they would need to charge money and sell the updates as DLC. So instead of going against their principles of free updates and patches they just abandoned the console releases of orange box.

Ad for Skyrim, bethesda's gamebryo and creation engines are notoriously bad on the ps3's hardware. Bethesda was already abysmal with quality assurance, but they just released their DLC for Skyrim as is and didn't do anything to really fix the engine problems

That makes it funnier to me when people say the PC is dying.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

PS3 Skyrim would start to be outright non-functional after long enough on the same file, it was nuts.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
PC has been a dead gay comedy games platform since at least 1996, according to Games Journalists

this Play Station has full 3d graphics with CD quality sound for a fraction of the cost of a computer. the writing's on the wall, nerds

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

That makes it funnier to me when people say the PC is dying.

It's true. Just ask that Destiny guy. No one plays shooters on PC anymore.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What? Counter stri--LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Destiny is even funnier to me because I've been told several times of how, when the expansions came around, they made the best gear of the last version/form whatever essentially invalid to force people to buy the DLC/Expansions to be able to stay competitive or something in the new content. I'm not gonna go on thinking that's true if someone wants to correct it but it was always suspicious how they never allowed trading items and were very dodgy about a PC release. I'd imagine the thing about trading was changed though.

ANYWAY for our future thread, which I will get around to doling out sooner or later, we need a good index and I need some suggestions on layout. As I write this post this is the all the things that come to my mind as for layout. For our OP I'll take the first 3 posts to explain things one by one.

Post #1 - Introduce the game, some screenshots, link to the store page, current price, list of DLC, the basic functions of the game and all the special things to find and do, like all the amenities of the Inn that become available and your inventory, the bots, the grims & tomes.

Post #2 - All the videos from our playlist go here. I envisioned a series of simple pictures with each weapon's outline and I'd put the time stamp of its appearance in our weapon overviews so people can see them all in action. I want this to be the "How do I play, what do I do, how do I not die" part of the op and the difficulties and what it generally means. With access to the source files it'll be easy enough to get the information but making sure it's succinct is another. Trinkets should go here too.

Post #3 - Advanced stuff. Not particularly sure how to approach it, but something that veterans can appreciate and newbies can look forward to. Honestly I wish I could have some kind of birds-eye overhead radar view of the maps in the game and I'd mark all areas in them where loot can be found but alas.

We'll get some links to Digirat's voip server and get Goonintide advertised. Anything else I'm not sure. Add to this.

thread title: Warhammer End Times: Vermintide - Holy Sigmar and the Ravaged Bodies

We can drop the 'warhammer end times' if that makes it sound like more of a band name.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 16, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean much as fatshark has terribly bad communication skills, their bug fixes tend to work more often than not. Which is more than I can say for Bethesda. They're probably the most incompetent big budget studio out there wrt technical issues.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 16, 2017

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I've said it before and i'll say it again, WHERE THE gently caress IS MY 40K L4D? When do i get to be a nurgle terminator/champion beating down swathes of guardsmen as i turn my autocannon on the sanctioned pysker in the distance burning the slaanesh champions mind?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Arghy posted:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, WHERE THE gently caress IS MY 40K L4D? When do i get to be a nurgle terminator/champion beating down swathes of guardsmen as i turn my autocannon on the sanctioned pysker in the distance burning the slaanesh champions mind?

you could go play deathwi--ahahahhahahaha

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I've been seeing more people running safety in numbers lately and I have to say, I kind of like it. I mean, I'm not sure how often it's actually helpful - it requires that you "aid" someone, and that they get hit while the shield is actually up on them, which may not happen that often in a run - but it gives a pretty big shield, and when it does help, it helps a lot to mitigate damage against your team.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

terrorist ambulance posted:

I've been seeing more people running safety in numbers lately and I have to say, I kind of like it. I mean, I'm not sure how often it's actually helpful - it requires that you "aid" someone, and that they get hit while the shield is actually up on them, which may not happen that often in a run - but it gives a pretty big shield, and when it does help, it helps a lot to mitigate damage against your team.

I modded a trinket so I could always have Safety in Numbers proc when I assist pubbies and it does nothing. It's a cool effect and neat trait but it has a non-existent use in any situation. It needs a buff imo. It should provide you a bonus pool of HP that will absorb all damage taken for 10-20 seconds. It needs the duration otherwise it'd be abusable to hell and back. You might think all damage is too much but the buff actually has a "bonus" number, at '30'. So, it should take 30 damage for you. Considering how nebulous and inconsistent assists even are...

fatshark doing anything with it and other perks is probably a fantasy

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 17, 2017

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

Lunethex posted:

We can drop the 'warhammer end times' if that makes it sound like more of a band name.

I'd just drop "End Times." Warhammer: Vermintide is pretty descriptive of the content of the game and the thread.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I'll go on record as having always had Safety In Numbers on Kruber's great sword. Assisting people is really easy: shove a rat that is attacking them. If you've got devastating blow, you can basically blue shield everyone in the middle of a horde, consistently. It's made past cata runs or even early Last Stand pretty easy (though there is literally every reason to use a shield or great hammer instead). It may not be "the best" for killing rats, but it helps my buddies out, and that's what Kruber would do. :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Syrnn posted:

It may not be "the best" for killing rats, but it helps my buddies out, and that's what Kruber would do. :colbert:

That's the same thought I have except for my red hammer with Bardin. I know a lot, if not most of the reds have 'unoptimal' trait lineups and all, but I can't turn down using them myself, I just like them for looking cool and whatever else, which since I don't do cata is pretty much my endgame anyway, just lookin at and using badass weapons to slaughter ratmen with, while also wearing fancy and fashionable hats.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well, got my joke Repeater pistol. Master Crafted, Rupture and Skull Cracker.

Can the Blunderbuss get MC, Targeter and Rupture together?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well, got my joke Repeater pistol. Master Crafted, Rupture and Skull Cracker.

Can the Blunderbuss get MC, Targeter and Rupture together?

Yep!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It already has great penetration though so replace that rupture with regrowth

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lunethex posted:

Destiny is even funnier to me because I've been told several times of how, when the expansions came around, they made the best gear of the last version/form whatever essentially invalid to force people to buy the DLC/Expansions to be able to stay competitive or something in the new content. I'm not gonna go on thinking that's true if someone wants to correct it but it was always suspicious how they never allowed trading items and were very dodgy about a PC release. I'd imagine the thing about trading was changed though.

ANYWAY for our future thread, which I will get around to doling out sooner or later, we need a good index and I need some suggestions on layout. As I write this post this is the all the things that come to my mind as for layout. For our OP I'll take the first 3 posts to explain things one by one.

Post #1 - Introduce the game, some screenshots, link to the store page, current price, list of DLC, the basic functions of the game and all the special things to find and do, like all the amenities of the Inn that become available and your inventory, the bots, the grims & tomes.

Post #2 - All the videos from our playlist go here. I envisioned a series of simple pictures with each weapon's outline and I'd put the time stamp of its appearance in our weapon overviews so people can see them all in action. I want this to be the "How do I play, what do I do, how do I not die" part of the op and the difficulties and what it generally means. With access to the source files it'll be easy enough to get the information but making sure it's succinct is another. Trinkets should go here too.

Post #3 - Advanced stuff. Not particularly sure how to approach it, but something that veterans can appreciate and newbies can look forward to. Honestly I wish I could have some kind of birds-eye overhead radar view of the maps in the game and I'd mark all areas in them where loot can be found but alas.

We'll get some links to Digirat's voip server and get Goonintide advertised. Anything else I'm not sure. Add to this.

thread title: Warhammer End Times: Vermintide - Holy Sigmar and the Ravaged Bodies

Please include the following images to help sell the Vermintide experience:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

^^^^
Second

It shocks me to learn how many people don't know about 360­­° block and shove, amongst the many other mechanics left unexplained. But this seems to me the easiest one to figure out by accident. I run into people with ~100 levels in the game that still don't know this one. I've been TRYING to grind Castle Drachenfels for the DLC weapons, as in the entire time I've owned it I've seen them queef by my loot tables enough times to count on one hand alone, but games are just getting thrown left and right by the clumsiest poo poo.

However, there is a far more striking epidemic on the loose: the young initiates into Der Klickenratte :siren:have no idea about headbanging!:siren: Imagine my horror when mashing X in an elevator only to be met with "why is your sensitivity so high", instead of flailing moustaches and beards. It's just not civilized!

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Do with this as you will.

Also I'd offer game info but I'm still a little too new to be explaining the finer workings of the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Please include "Block, then revive people, it stops interruptions!" as well, I try to tell newer people this as much as humanly possible and it always makes me so happy to see them start doing it in the same level.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Alternative that title: Vermintide: a disease of mountain goats

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Alt. Title: Vermintide: gently caress you game stop giving me the same goddamn orange crossbow for the 8th loving time instead of the volley bow you piece of poo poo.

Alternate alternate title: Vermintide: Sigmar's Holy Rollers.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Vermintide: Good Rats

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Vermintide: Not as good as Cousin Okri, but... impressive, nonetheless

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Cousin Okri isn't real

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Vermintide: Holy Sigmar bless this ravaged forum.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Vermintide: suffer not an elf to live

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I'll see your stretch neck and raise you:

So long as we're doing a thread title dogpile:
Vermintide: Cousin Okri's Roger Dodger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009