Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

Also I'm sure that if you put the money in their bank account and asked how much they felt like wagering on the game, they would certainly not be deciding to pull out $28k and bet it on a football game.

You mean this is a classic case of mental accounting bias as described by Thaler in his influential paper "Mental Accounting Matters"?

I would disagree. These people are Packers fans who are simply not able have rational thoughts, otherwise they would be Patriots fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if you have a billion dollars then 28k is like stepping in dogshit and not realizing it and a penny gets stuck there too. given that they are packers fans they probably also voted for donald trump, paul ryan, and scott walker.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

also it's worth noting that as a billionaire packers fan that any extra income probably goes to buying boat wax or an electric car off of kickstarter. if i won a similar amount, income-adjusted, i'd probably buy a can of beans or an onion

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Maybe they're just degenerate gamblers for whom the sensation of risking 28K is the only thing that brings any joy since their marriage fell apart and they lost custody of the kids.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
It's Biff and he found the sports almanac

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
My friend works at a Hedge Fund and their Super Bowl pool is $1000/square. Some people just have gambling problems too much money.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

These people are Packers fans who are simply not able have rational thoughts, otherwise they would be Patriots fans.
hahahahahahaha

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GaussianCopula posted:

You mean this is a classic case of mental accounting bias as described by Thaler in his influential paper "Mental Accounting Matters"?

I would disagree. These people are Packers fans who are simply not able have rational thoughts, otherwise they would be Patriots fans.

I'm going to strangle you with my Terrible Towel at gooncon

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

He tried to trip a Ravens punt returner while he was running one back for a touchdown.

He also sent Joey Porter out on the field last year to fight Bengals players during the playoffs.

:colbert:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
so as a trump voter am i forced to root for brady all of a sudden? i regret everythign

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

He tried to trip a Ravens punt returner while he was running one back for a touchdown.

"Tried to trip"? C'mon man.

He also sent Joey Porter out on the field last year to fight Bengals players during the playoffs.

Lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Blarfk posted:

"Tried to trip"? C'mon man.

Lol

Man if you think Mike Tomlin wasn't trying to trip Jacoby Jones then you are crazy. He was trying to push him back inwards towards the field to give his tacklers a chance to get him.

The Steelers are marginally better now but those Hines Ward teams were dirty as all hell.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Man if you think Mike Tomlin wasn't trying to trip Jacoby Jones then you are crazy. He was trying to push him back inwards towards the field to give his tacklers a chance to get him.

The Steelers are marginally better now but those Hines Ward teams were dirty as all hell.

He was standing perfectly still and leapt out of the way when Jones got near him, admittedly probably to do what you said in your second sentence.

That's a far cry from "trying to trip"

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

fishing with the fam posted:

Maybe they're just degenerate gamblers for whom the sensation of risking 28K is the only thing that brings any joy since their marriage fell apart and they lost custody of the kids.

I've been wondering about the taxes on the money. Technically isn't that 28700 of income between the two of them, such that even if they lose it all they'll be on the hook for 10k in taxes? Losing the money, the game, and paying taxes on the loss would be pretty brutal.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Blarfk posted:

He was standing perfectly still and leapt out of the way when Jones got near him, admittedly probably to do what you said in your second sentence.

Nobody has ever tried to leap away from something by first jutting their leg out four feet towards it.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Velius posted:

I've been wondering about the taxes on the money. Technically isn't that 28700 of income between the two of them, such that even if they lose it all they'll be on the hook for 10k in taxes? Losing the money, the game, and paying taxes on the loss would be pretty brutal.

I'm fairly sure you don't need to pay taxes on gambling losses. If anything you could write them off (some people buy losing lottery tickets in bulk to do just this).

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Nobody has ever tried to leap away from something by first jutting their leg out four feet towards it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Blarfk posted:

This is fake news

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Draymond does it now lol.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What in the blue gently caress is this horseshit?

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/821411295694045184

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fsif posted:

Ratings, dawg

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I usually skip the pregame nonsense so whatever

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

fsif posted:

Didn't he do that with Obama at some point?

Not like this won't be the worst thing in the loving world

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mike Tomlin is a cool dude

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
A little too hip hop though.

Cam Cameron on the other hand

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

Oh cool two large melting men jerking each other off

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Those Packers fans got to the $28k by having blind faith, it isn't magically going to go away just because we're 2 games away.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Blarfk posted:

He did and I remember the interview was terrible and I couldn't imagine why Obama agreed to it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-Y3HJNU_s

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

Yeah I don't really understand why Rivers would be unwilling to play in LA. Just not his kind of town? Animosity towards the move in general?

He wants to play in San Diego. He doesn't know LA.

He's going to play in LA and tell be fine, he's not going anywhere

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Blarfk posted:

the networks have been doing it every year for a while

would have been more contentious if the other person won

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you don't want the falcons to win the super bowl we can't be friends

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"Want" is a strong word. I'd be cool with them winning the NFCCG while a meteor hits the AFCCG.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

"I am so proud to be the head coach of the San Di-um, LA Chargers. Oops."

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Marshawn Lynch is really enjoying retirement in my country and narrowly avoiding death by bus.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/821440037791350784

Apparently they are filming a skit for the Super Bowl at a kilt shop in Paisley for some reason.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
For the few people in here who care about the Pro Bowl, Darian Stewart will be replacing Eric Berry for the AFC.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 17, 2017

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Houston has $24 million in cap space not taking into account money for draft picks or keeping their own free agents. Could generate some space by cutting Jonathan Joseph, Brian Cushing, Derek Newton (kind of cold to do that one), Duane Brown (not gonna happen, he's a bargain for LT of his caliber), Brandon Weeden (probably happening)... maybe restructuring a few contracts. But I just can't see it happening. There's a serious need at RT and safety, they need to sign Nuk to a long term deal, and letting Bouye and Simon walk would be tough pills to swallow. I guess if they could figure out a way to squeeze everyone in then they could cut Brock after the season and that would be huge relief, but even then it'd be tough. Plus the draft pick cost which is probably what, a first and second minimum, maybe even two firsts and one or two seconds?

Probably worth it though lol

Imagine this team but with Rivers instead of Brock

Don't hurt me like this...

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Blatzmobile posted:

They are stupid not to cash out now.

At least pull your original $300 back so at worst you break even.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

fsif posted:

I wonder if there's a betting line where I could put some money down on O'Reilly giving Trump a big sloppy blowjob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

PrinceRandom posted:

Don't hurt me like this...

If the Texans can find anything at QB I think there's a legit shot Brock is designated a June 1st cut!

• Locked thread