Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Thief posted:

i come across entire teams full of people trying to communicate constructively and work together even if they at times get frustrated and say naughty cuss words into their microphone

People aren't complaining about people going "gently caress/poo poo" when they get owned, they're complaining about people flooding chat with things like "kill yourself niggerfaggot".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

People aren't complaining about people going "gently caress/poo poo" when they get owned, they're complaining about people flooding chat with things like "kill yourself niggerfaggot".

It ain't even the losing team either sometimes:

also for a while, mentioning No Man's Sky really got people lit as gently caress

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 17, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

A pro click.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Party Plane Jones posted:

also for a while, mentioning No Man's Sky really got people lit as gently caress

And here I would have thought that the team that is 3/5ths named young black people shot killed by police (in a game about trying not to get killed by the opposing police) would be more racially sensitive and gracious.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Thief posted:

lol at the idea of enforcing standards of decency when people can just personally mute players they find too offensive or annoying to ignore

i'd rather have the devs spend their time actually improving the game and adding new content rather than trying to make their PvP virtual murder simulator a safe place

there are gonna be jerks in every multiplayer game... but for every random rear end in a top hat encountered in siege, i come across entire teams full of people trying to communicate constructively and work together even if they at times get frustrated and say naughty cuss words into their microphone

I'm glad they review toxic behavior. It hurts the community which hurts the number of players willing to come back which hurts the likelihood of new players coming in which hurts money.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Fantastic!

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/8ddxp

Is this an instance of someone firing at a likely camping spot and getting lucky?

I didn't sync the audio and I don't care to now.

Wow - seems to peek around the corner slowly as he aimed at you. I'd be cursing like a sailor after that and probably reporting him :P

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Weird to me how the racism seems to be a universal experience, I have voice chat muted so maybe I'm missing some there but I've pretty much never experienced it otherwise. People are still assholes but in the "ez pz" sorta way instead.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I have like at least 150 hours logged in this game which might not be a lot to some but that's nearly an entire week added up and I can only remember a select few instances where I've seen people spamming hateful poo poo and TKing in a way that was disruptive to the game.

for a competitive eSp0rtz™ shooter this game is actually quite chill and the people tend to be way more level headed than what I've seen in practically everything else like it - just look at CS:GO

seen way more ggs than gtfos in Siege even if the only operators played were tachanka/recruit and we lost every round. i feel like the playerbase overall has a pretty good sense of humor even when the game seemingly fucks them over for whatever reason.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Ugh this struck a nerve. Hope it was worth it assholes.

e: You took this picture in October 2016 and still wave it around? Dang.

You deserve this one.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 17, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please click this link.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SMP posted:

I teamkill every racist I meet. And there are a lot of them. Moreso than any other game I've played since like...Halo 2.

Same. And then I get teamkilled for the rest of the match because they're playing with 2 or 3 other people in a squad, then kicked. Worth it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I love team killing those people. I rarely solo queue and always have at least 2-3 friends with me. People get real upset when you TK them, and explain why when they ask. Then they get killed by the rest of the team so we don't have to worry about bans.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I love team killing those people. I rarely solo queue and always have at least 2-3 friends with me. People get real upset when you TK them, and explain why when they ask. Then they get killed by the rest of the team so we don't have to worry about bans.

God's work.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

He should activate windows.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Same. And then I get teamkilled for the rest of the match because they're playing with 2 or 3 other people in a squad, then kicked. Worth it.

I choose death over cooperation with "ISIS.nigg3r" :patriot:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJHXocz0UJ0 :dance:

In other news, Ubi announced that they dropped pro league support for XB1 to focus exclusively on PC.
GO4 & the newly added '' Major leagues'' will be hosted for both XB1 and PS4.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:164-281801-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

quote:

PC competition program: Pro League, Challenger League and Go4R6
With a new focus for Year Two, the Pro League will now exclusively be held on PC. It will be bigger than ever with a larger prize pool and more teams invited at Season Finals. We will also be adding an intermediate level for up & coming competitors: the Challenger League. Following the same schedule and format as the Pro League, the Challenger League will be open to 8 teams who proved their worth, reaching this launching pad into the Pro League. They will play and fight for $5,000 every Season per region as well as to secure their position into the next Season’s Pro League.
We will of course be maintaining weekly Go4R6 tournaments.
More information about the new format below.

Xbox One competition program: Major League and Go4R6
The competitive program for Xbox One will now encompass a Major League as well as weekly Go4R6 Tournaments. Following the same format as the Pro League, the Major Leagues will welcome 8 teams per region, fighting over the course of 4 full Seasons! Each Season will have $5,000 of prize pool up for grabs per region.
More information about the new format below.

New PlayStation 4 competition program: Major League and Go4R6
We are also happy to be introducing PlayStation 4 to our competitive program! Just like Xbox One, it will consist of a Major League, as well as weekly Go4R6 Tournaments. We are stoked to see what it will bring to the Rainbow Six competitive scene!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

christ

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard please. They kept spiking to 400.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Next post: Hard queue times are way too long!!!?!!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hard please. They kept spiking to 400.

Banned aaaaaaaaaand i burned their houses down. Happy?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Best part of this was United93 blowing himself up with a grenade. :911:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

Banned aaaaaaaaaand i burned their houses down. Happy?

Marry me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Best part of this was United93 blowing himself up with a grenade. :911:

jesus

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm not liking these theme names

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/2uwyb

:grin:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I played tactical realism for the first time and my breach charge went off as I placed it and with no kill cams I literally have no idea what happened. What an introduction to that

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/8ddxp

Is this an instance of someone firing at a likely camping spot and getting lucky?

I didn't sync the audio and I don't care to now.

guy named blind.gs kills you with a blind gunshot. I think that's enough coincidence to be suspicious of it

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I'm glad to see ubi paying attention to the esports aspect of siege. Too many publishers try to lean super hard in to the esports aspect of games right off the bat, but Siege has been handled very smoothly where it could have been a disaster and super forced.

It helps that it has a pretty solid presentation that does a good job communication the tactical aspect. The dollhouse spectator view is really cool, the games are well broadcasted/commentated, and its overall a very watchable esport.

Edit - Also my suggestion for a cool way to incrementally expand on older content: begin to revamp optics so that each group has some unique optics, similar to the Spetznaz.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 18, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

Ugh this struck a nerve. Hope it was worth it assholes.

e: You took this picture in October 2016 and still wave it around? Dang.

You deserve this one.

Say while you are "in the mood" might I bring your attention to this lovely garbage person?

I'm not sure I even understand some of these insults but MEMES ya'll.

Seriously while I don't know how much you guys actually look at the report flags on players I'd love for a racist behavior flag to be added.

That kind of poo poo, unfortunately, happens way too often.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I played tactical realism for the first time and my breach charge went off as I placed it and with no kill cams I literally have no idea what happened. What an introduction to that

I was standing on the desk 10 feet from that wall. I thought you threw a frag because it blew 2 small holes in it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A guy I play with was banned by BattlEye last night. We were trying to figure out why.

"Did you say something stupid in chat?"

"yeah probably"

*10 minutes later*

"I wonder if its because of my Season Pass thing"

"you loving idiot!"

"They banned me for hacking! I didnt hack!"

"you loving idiot!"

:doh:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

I was standing on the desk 10 feet from that wall. I thought you threw a frag because it blew 2 small holes in it.

Fix your game hard

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Basticle posted:

A guy I play with was banned by BattlEye last night. We were trying to figure out why.

"Did you say something stupid in chat?"

"yeah probably"

*10 minutes later*

"I wonder if its because of my Season Pass thing"

"you loving idiot!"

"They banned me for hacking! I didnt hack!"

"you loving idiot!"

:doh:

I hope you laughed at him until he left in shame. :smugdog:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Gamasutra did a pretty in depth interview with our audio director, some of you might be interested.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/288565/Game_Design_Deep_Dive_Dynamic_audio_in_destructible_levels_in_Rainbow_Six_Sieg

unrelated edit:
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/821771256190091264

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 18, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

drat that is a good article.

Everyone needs to read that poo poo

e: thank jeebus that ambient music didn't make it into the final product. I can't imagine playing this game with a gametime soundtrack in the background

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 18, 2017

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Public pool map?

Also apparently my #1 weapon class is still pistols from pre-nerf.

Edit: Hard did you guys give out free boosters or something? I didn't have one last night, and now I have a single 1 day booster.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 18, 2017

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

For any other uneducated losers like myself, Google Translate (lol) puts this out as "Let's see what lurks in the dark."
It's probably a pool given the tile and how the blood is dispersing.

fy_pool_day confirmed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

fy_poolparty was the superior pool map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Iceworld only good FY map.

• Locked thread