Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lockback posted:

Lebron may be the GOAT of trolling.

https://streamable.com/g7tdt

that is Larry Bird-esque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

here's the second episode of ball, the podcast about ball.

https://soundcloud.com/ballpodcast/ball-ep-2

we talked about the MLK day games and then gave our takes on a handful of rookies.
Bison Dele joke 10 seconds in 10/10
I forgot what my beef might've been with the first ep, maybe mic or sound quality but this was a good Dunc'd On level of sound quality and your voices are comparable or less nerdy than theirs so it worked out
Enjoying the MLK game recap and rookie stuff.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/821445802979532801

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol holy poo poo phil. He has to be the worst GM ever.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Bison Dele joke 10 seconds in 10/10
I forgot what my beef might've been with the first ep, maybe mic or sound quality but this was a good Dunc'd On level of sound quality and your voices are comparable or less nerdy than theirs so it worked out
Enjoying the MLK game recap and rookie stuff.
Audio quality in the first episode was an abject horror, but I got some great advice from forums user Strawberry Panda and I'm pleased with it now--even if the mixing is mediocre.

Glad you liked it, will hopefully be doing this more regularly!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

euphronius posted:

lol holy poo poo phil. He has to be the worst GM ever.

Is there even anyone out there willing to hear what the Knicks would want?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The only thing I can even slightly see happening is if the clippers are tired of banging their head against the wall with their big three, that they swap Blake for Melo, and even that makes no sense so I don't see it happening.

LOL at the idea of Melo in Cleveland.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

The only thing I can even slightly see happening is if the clippers are tired of banging their head against the wall with their big three, that they swap Blake for Melo, and even that makes no sense so I don't see it happening.

LOL at the idea of Melo in Cleveland.
Deal that makes most sense is Clippers adding to their core for one last rodeo not breaking it up.

Knicks have no leverage and want to get rid of Melo. I could see Jamal, Wes Johnson, and filler + a protected first or two being exchanged for Melo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just to make clear I was saying phil is bad for going out of his way to sign this guy with a no trade when we all knew it was dumb and now hes working to alienate the man and trash the franchise.

Deal that makes most sense is Clippers adding to their core for one last rodeo not breaking it up.

Knicks have no leverage and want to get rid of Melo. I could see Jamal, Wes Johnson, and filler + a protected first or two being exchanged for Melo

Do the Clips have a 1st they can even trade?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

euphronius posted:

I think like 2022 lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Local bay area news just characterized the Warriors as "snapping a four game losing streak against the Cavs," and didn't mention the finals at all

I mean that's one way to put it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah the problem is I don't see a reason why the Knicks would do that at all. It's not like....

I was mid typing and then I went to check the knicks payroll. If they dump Melo for expirings they are going to have room for 2 max contracts this offseason. So maybe they do dump him for nothing. The problem is that no trade clause.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

just to make clear I was saying phil is bad for going out of his way to sign this guy with a no trade when we all knew it was dumb and now hes working to alienate the man and trash the franchise.

It seems to me you're a really bad agent if you let a guy sign a contract with a team without a no-trade if the player is eligible for a no-trade clause, especially when you have three other teams with max contracts knocking at the door.

I mean unless you're going to argue that the Knicks shouldn't have tried to sign Melo at all. Which could very well be true, but I remember the general idea here being that it would be really bad for the Knicks if they just let Melo go.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nevermind?

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/821460435132174338

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
You can really tell how far opinion of Melo has fallen here. Even though he said he'd only waive the no trade clause for Clippers/Cavs, you'd expect fans of random teams to be making fake trade ideas.

Lol, LeBron and CP3 must have told him they aren't going to let their team trade Love or Griffin for him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well it'd be cool for the Pacers to roll out a lineup of Teague/PG/Melo/Young/Turner, but then I think about the lack of defense outside of Turner with the addition of Melo and I just cringe.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shocker, no one wants a borderline inefficient volume shooter with a middling 3 point shot and doesnt play defense on their team in 2017.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

It seems to me you're a really bad agent if you let a guy sign a contract with a team without a no-trade if the player is eligible for a no-trade clause, especially when you have three other teams with max contracts knocking at the door.

I mean unless you're going to argue that the Knicks shouldn't have tried to sign Melo at all. Which could very well be true, but I remember the general idea here being that it would be really bad for the Knicks if they just let Melo go.

Goon hive mind at the time was let him go Chicago iirc.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Melo's biggest problem besides age is that over the last couple of seasons he has not been able to play at PF much, and is it much easier to guard him with a SF. Don't blame him for his declining performance, blame Porzingis.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Assuming you can't move King Zing or Melo, what is the best path for the Knicks to become a better team going forward? They basically need to replace at least half the team. (Especially Noah) They need to move Melo to the 4, have King Zing play the 5, get a 3 and D player that can play 3 on offense and 4 on defense, get a new point guard, etc.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zd9m3d9

Who says no?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

Assuming you can't move King Zing or Melo, what is the best path for the Knicks to become a better team going forward? They basically need to replace at least half the team.

Fire Phil

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If you wanted fantasy Melo trades all you had to do was ask

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gpf3sbl

Look at those projected win numbers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sixers only like 2.5 games back from the Kings meaning those pick swaps will end up being hilariously terrible but not for the reasons we assumed

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Sixers only like 2.5 games back from the Kings meaning those pick swaps will end up being hilariously terrible but not for the reasons we assumed

I hope the Kings win the draft lottery to really make it hurt :mrapig:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If the Knicks could move Noah without losing assets, they would've done it already

In a world where evan turner got 70 million, Noah is easily the worst contract still in the nba

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Knicks were probably banking on there being another Amnesty clause(like I thought there would be) in the next CBA ratification.

And noooope.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

dokmo posted:

Melo's biggest problem besides age is that over the last couple of seasons he has not been able to play at PF much, and is it much easier to guard him with a SF. Don't blame him for his declining performance, blame Porzingis.

He hasn't played at pf much because he came out and said "don't play me at pf."
Speaking of trade talk, I feel like this season has had the last in-season trades in any of the last ten years. Has there been more than one trade made yet?

Smellyhead fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 17, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Carmelo looks a lot older this year; a lot less leg strength, etc.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/821471168016318465

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rubio would be a good back up pg. would he accept that role ?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Make it happen, Knicks.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hqg2vp2

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm still somewhat dumbfounded by the fact that Ricky never learned to shoot. He shot 36% from the field as a rookie, and he's shooting 37% for his career. I really thought he would get the hang of it and at least break the hallowed 40% mark.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Smellyhead posted:

He hasn't played at pf much because he came out and said "don't play me at pf."

They all say that. It's not a big deal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Rubio would be a good back up pg. would he accept that role ?

He is also a good starting PG but ~POINTZ~

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lol the Kings traded a first rounder, sauce Castillo, and a pick swap for the cap space to sign Rondo...

Just reminding myself that this is a thing that happened

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

The Minnesota Timberwolves are actively shopping point guard Ricky Rubio in trade proposals, league sources told The Vertical.

The Timberwolves have attached Rubio to multiple offers with Shabazz Muhammad to several teams around the NBA, league sources said. Minnesota has been seeking something of a “bridge” guard in return, a player capable of starting in the short term, but who’ll ultimately settle into a backup role and give way to rookie Kris Dunn to become the long-term starter, league sources said.

So the Wolves want to trade Ricky Rubio for...another starting PG that isn't as good as Rubio but makes less?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gsuad9d

Pick one of Mirotic or Valentine to add in.

Knicks can dump hella Salary, Bulls get an Alpha back and half of the Banana boat crew.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

How many years will the Wolves go apparently trying to sell Rubio?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Darren Collison is a great bridge PG in that he's not terrible but not a very good starting PG. Unfortunately he's a FA and not a trade asset of any kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Derrick Rose ?

• Locked thread