Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You can do that mission in a few seconds by flying the helicopter over the camp and destroying all the equipment with the machine gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

cant cook creole bream posted:

You can do that mission in a few seconds by flying the helicopter over the camp and destroying all the equipment with the machine gun.

Oh, the Subsistence version of that lets you stay on the chopper? Handy :downs:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Section Z posted:

Oh, the Subsistence version of that lets you stay on the chopper? Handy :downs:

Yeah. It's really stupid and completely breaks the point of this whole mission, but that's what I did.

But Dan already completed that mission absolutely perfect anyway.

By the way, I love that the MGSV videos continue. To be honest I didn't really care for Acid.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A Hero's Way is another fun mission to use that tactic in :v: There's a lot of hilarious ways to completely short circuit most missions

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
"It's... my son."
Oh no. Is this Peace Walker before that was a thing? Hans' dead sons brain controlling Metal Gear?

FAR, Six Searchers, that boardgame, like what is any of this? Acid is amazing for all the wrong reasons, including your play style. Who wrote this game? How is it more incomprehensible than regular MG games? Does the games manual explain... anything? :confuoot:

Where are we in PP by the way? Stories over, random meaningless mission cleanup time? Still need to do some more of that in PW! By the way if you're going to the trouble of playing the N-gage game of all things can we also be looking forward to Metal Gear Touch?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 28 - Kidz Bop

The true Phantom Pain is missing my dog :( Also christmas gets me a little cynical so uh, don't take that bit too seriously

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's okay Dan. That run was just you trying to get the sexy girl posters :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

It's okay Dan. That run was just you trying to get the sexy girl posters :)

Let's go with that :v:

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 29 - Big Crazy Man with a Big Crazy Plan

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You have the worst luck :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Considering the bonkers away mission percentages, research requirements in the end even BEFORE the insane yellow "Please use your online swiss bank account" items were a thing? Getting LEGENDARY SOLDIER! Announcements for mere A+ to A++ grade soldiers starts to feel pretty misleading.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Wrong thread

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 1, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I was going comment your good taste in Overwatch characters. But then you suddenly admitted to main Soldier 76. Every character is sort of special or has some interesting gimmicks. But he is just straight up Call of Duty.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also, you probably already know this, but Tracer got confirmed as lesbian in one of the comics Blizzard posts on the Overwatch website, which shows her sharing an apartment with her girlfriend.

The tears on the Overwatch forums were extremely salty and delicious.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Of course, that comic isn't available in Russia. To be fair, that was Blizzards proactive decision to stop an outright ban of that comic or maybe even the game itself. Russia takes it's so called "anti-propaganda" law quite seriously. It sometimes sound like Putin is literally Big Brother.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 1, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I was going comment your good taste in Overwatch characters. But then you suddenly admitted to main Soldier 76. Every character is sort of special or has some interesting gimmicks. But he is just straight up Call of Duty.

76 is cool and good and doesn't need as many flashy gimmicks as you kids :colbert: Also considering how much I bunny hop like a jackass, he's more like Quake, which is also cool and good.

Don't play Overwatch with me if you expect victory

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

76 is cool and good and doesn't need as many flashy gimmicks as you kids :colbert: Also considering how much I bunny hop like a jackass, he's more like Quake, which is also cool and good.

Don't play Overwatch with me if you expect victory

Spiral multi rockets, he's clearly Unreal Tournament :argh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 30 - Honkin' Your Bepis

I don't... remember playing or editing this episode

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Jingle Boss, Jingle Boss, jingle all the way.

Dunking fools who spotted him, and wormholes them away.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Dan wear the chicken head. You have to show off everything, right?

By the way your "oh beans" has overflowed into my Animal Crossing game since I made it one of my villagers catchphrases.

Danaru posted:

"Oh look, a new video from Dan & Grace. Yes please. ...Wait it's not another Strike game or a revisit of Jeopardy? :("

Since it's been so long, what's the deal with those puppet people? Just dudes under Mantis' control unrelated to the parasite stuff?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pick-e posted:

Dan wear the chicken head. You have to show off everything, right?

By the way your "oh beans" has overflowed into my Animal Crossing game since I made it one of my villagers catchphrases.

"Oh look, a new video from Dan & Grace. Yes please. ...Wait it's not another Strike game or a revisit of Jeopardy? :("

Since it's been so long, what's the deal with those puppet people? Just dudes under Mantis' control unrelated to the parasite stuff?

I want to be proud of "oh beans" catching on, but I'm too astonished that literally anyone remembers jungle strike.

As for puppets, the Skulls do... some poorly explained thing involving parasites to temporarily control folks, these ones wandered off from when the skulls were off getting loaded or something. Also every puppet automatically gets a medal that boosts their stats so it's worth it to fulton them out! :v: On that mission where the Skulls attack the airport (and I assume any skull mission), they'll actually get better and turn into normal soldiers eventually.

I still wanna LP desert and urban strike but time has been inconvenient

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well, that was an interesting start of an episode. Grace sure gets tipsy from one glass of wine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Well, that was an interesting start of an episode. Grace sure gets tipsy from one glass of wine.

I always imagined having "Just a glass of wine" resulting in suddenly drunk Grace, involves one of those stupid novelty "Wine bottle glass" deals.

If a place has Duck Dynasty Chia Pets™ it's sure to have something like that to grab off the shelves as well right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Also, the objectively best gem is an Alexandrite. They change between red and green, depending on whether you're inside. It's a multi purpose gem. And that is a good name.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Danaru posted:

Hey, I'm still watching this LP.
I hope you and Grace can figure out how to marriage.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 31 - Panfam

This final scene was made a lot better by us forgetting we saved all the kids

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just drive straight up to a moving tank with an unprotected jeep. Also do it from the direction the cannon is facing, because what could possibly go wrong?
I was actually surprised that you survived that for so long.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Just drive straight up to a moving tank with an unprotected jeep. Also do it from the direction the cannon is facing, because what could possibly go wrong?
I was actually surprised that you survived that for so long.

It's not just the circumstances. It's just how happy to be here Dan was when driving directly at the tank :allears:

A simple oops moment alone wouldn't be such a joy to watch, compared to Dan Time.™

Wildly veering between being mad at Dan being so much better at this game than me :argh: Or "Hey surprise fucko, what up-oh poo poo. oh no :staredog:."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The plan was as follows:

1) Drive at the tank in the jeep
2) Leap out of the jeep and duck under the turret
3) Send that poo poo to space

Unfortunately like many plans of mine, a very crucial step was accidentally replaced by "Hoot and holler like a madman" which made things go slightly awry. Also the helicopter was very rude, I would have survived it if I didn't get clipped by it's bullets :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So just a heads up, we should have an episode up tomorrow. We've been having major scheduling issues recently and also my modem has been pretty much toast for the last while, making it pretty much impossible to record anything. :cripes: The one episode we have was a miracle and that's still going to require some creative editing.

In the mean time, until we get a chance to record, we managed to sneak together a couple hours to be together and we played Starfox 2 for the casual LP thread as a throwback. In a twist no one will believe, I'm actually pretty good at it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 32 - :smith:

Hope you're ready for a fun happy Metal Gear romp... :smith:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I got through this by considering them all Troublemaker soldiers. After all, if "Troublemaker: Bad Hygine" is enough to cause that much of a shitstorm between co-woerkers, aint no way "Troublemaker: Doomsday Parasites" are staying on the Payroll :v:

PS: gently caress Huey. He's done a lot of hosed up and stupid poo poo. But "You're a big jerk for killing the people I infected with a lethal parasite, boss!" holds a special place in gently caress Huey land. I am always impressed by how above this poo poo mature Vemon is about everything, even if it's mostly there to avoid a time paradox.

Huey, you are tied with Chrono Cross's fairies mad at you for saving their lives from being bulldozed to death by Dwarven construction equipment.

Also special props to Dan for keeping a straight face through the plot beats It's the guy from before Chris, he's not infected, honest :unsmigghh:

Fake Edit: I keep forgetting about that score card "No Kills" :stonklol:

Real Edit:

Grace: How are we going to go back to being a comedy LP after this?
LATER, ON THE CHOPPER :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 16, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Dan. If you want to feel extra lovely, look at the name of the woman at 17:02. I'm sorry, but this is a truth you need to know.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 17, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah okay, I'm in the gently caress Huey camp.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Remind me, why haven't they killed Huey yet? Or at least locked him up where he can do no more damage? By now they've given him several chances to be a non super lovely person, and he hosed it up every time.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Because Hal Emmerich still needs to be born and traumatized

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Remind me, why haven't they killed Huey yet? Or at least locked him up where he can do no more damage? By now they've given him several chances to be a non super lovely person, and he hosed it up every time.

Mostly it comes down to Snake being too forgiving. Miller and Ocelot are clearly on board with dumping his rear end into the ocean, but until we find a certain something soon, Snake thinks he might be innocent.

Snake is unbelievably wrong, of course.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lunethex posted:

Because Hal Emmerich still needs to be born and traumatized

He already has been born. What still needs to happen is Hal stealing Huey's second wife so that he can drown himself and traumatize Emma.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
That mission might've been more impactful if more of the grunts had been used throughout the LP. I remember you using people other than Snake a couple of times, but it just wasn't enough. Peace Walker style co-op play would have helped a lot in that regard, but for some reason multi-player is better served on handhelds, apparently. :confused:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

pick-e posted:

That mission might've been more impactful if more of the grunts had been used throughout the LP. I remember you using people other than Snake a couple of times, but it just wasn't enough. Peace Walker style co-op play would have helped a lot in that regard, but for some reason multi-player is better served on handhelds, apparently. :confused:

It has plenty of impact to those of us who have played the game before, even for cold hearted logistics reasons.

Those people are pulled from your actual staff roster. As such, strolling over to your recently deceased list isn't just a list of names.

"Running Frog :geno:, Wild Hippo :geno:, whatever-Oh no, not one of my only S ranked staff in that department I've found so far :qq:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
psst we're doing stuff tonight

If you own Peace Walker on PS3 get on up in here