Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mr Interweb posted:

Is he making some lovely joke or is actually trying to insult her?

No, he's pointing out the heroic actions of Claudette Colvin and other protesters whose names are unknown to the general public. D'Souza is wisely reminding us that striking acts of individualism aren't the whole story, and group action and organizing are the true spirit of America.

Side Note: The tweet is a rhyming couplet. I have a bad feeling that he's trying to rap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

My favorite part about Dinesh's last movie was he went through his whole life without knowing, until his racist Black cell mate told him, that Abraham Lincoln.... was a REPUBLICAN! :O

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 16, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

My favorite part of Dinesh's last movie was he went through his whole life without knowing, until his racist Black cell mate told him, that Abraham Lincoln.... was a REPUBLICAN! :O

https://youtu.be/dnSVJPMYlyo

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Okay, I must be going crazy cause I swear, I watched the same video but with different dudes (one of them was bald, with a goatee).

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

LionArcher posted:

Yes. Also him (g.beck) and his crew can be funny about a lot of things (like google tech

Do yourself a favor and find the first segment of his radio show this month where he did a Google Hello vs Amazon Echo shootout. It was hilarious.

Everything else beck does is a political "crossing over" cold reading psychic thing where he makes vauge "predictions" and hypes them up when they sort of match. Donald trump was even the head of his "douche hall of fame" until literally the day after the election when he was quickly removed.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

MrUnderbridge posted:

I had the misfortune to be in DC during one of the first tea party protests on the Mall. Yep, nothing but calm, rational discussion of the issues there. Not a single protest sign, and heavens, no, why would you think there would be signs showing Obummer as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose? And no S-Class Mercedes full of douchebros and the party flag flying through the sunroof peeling out at a stoplight. And not a single sign saying "Not my president".

I have no idea why anyone wouldn't just accept the election and support the leader of our soon-to-be-great-again nation in his difficult task.

Liberals. Why can't they just go alonglike conservatives, amiright?

I also had the misfortune to live in DC during that time. Here are some photos I took on 9/12/09 of conservatives pointedly -not- protesting against or reacting to our brand new President.

bonus:

gently caress every last one of them.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm kind of bummed that 9/11 in place of quotes didn't become a thing.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

KomradeX posted:

I've never heard of Pod Save America or do I recall Chapo talking about them. But man that a writer for The Newsroom is one of the hosts doesn't really fill me with much hope that there's really anything of value to listening to it. As for why Chapo doesn't like it I have no idea but being associated with Aaron Sorkin might have something to do with it

Pod saved America is the new podcast from the guys at keeping it 1600. Chapo hated on that podcast. pod save A is run by people who have all worked for Obama (including his former head speech writer John L). I didn't realize they had worked for Sorkin but it makes sense that Aaron would higher people who have worked at the White House to be his story writers while he works on scripts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

I also had the misfortune to live in DC during that time. Here are some photos I took on 9/12/09 of conservatives pointedly -not- protesting against or reacting to our brand new President.

Fitting rewatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5eiunbDzQ

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I would gladly pay for a Rifftrax of either of D'Souza's cinematic turds.

How are u posted:

I'm the "dissent is patriotic" sign in the background

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Okay, I must be going crazy cause I swear, I watched the same video but with different dudes (one of them was bald, with a goatee).

It was such a bad movie that Brad's other friends watched Hillary's America then felt duty bound to also spent 60 minutes telling us about it was the worstest movie ever. These two somehow sat through the whole movie too. I've gone depressingly far into the rabbit hole that is bad-bad and good-bad movies, but there's no way in hell I'd sit thru five minutes of this movie.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I always got a kick out of these signs, in which the protesters inadvertently showed they weren't paying enough attention to know the difference between TARP (Bush's bank bailout) and ARRA (Obama's "shovel-ready" stimulus package). There were a lot of them.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So if anyone was curious, Rob Schneider decided to weigh in on the Lewis/Trump feud:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rob-schneider-mlk-martin-luther-king_us_587d1a6de4b0b3c7a7b261dc

Joshmo posted:

It was such a bad movie that Brad's other friends watched Hillary's America then felt duty bound to also spent 60 minutes telling us about it was the worstest movie ever. These two somehow sat through the whole movie too. I've gone depressingly far into the rabbit hole that is bad-bad and good-bad movies, but there's no way in hell I'd sit thru five minutes of this movie.

Ah, okay. Thought I was going crazy for a sec.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Interweb posted:

So if anyone was curious, Rob Schneider decided to weigh in on the Lewis/Trump feud:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rob-schneider-mlk-martin-luther-king_us_587d1a6de4b0b3c7a7b261dc

who?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

Yes, they did two reviews of it, with two different guys.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

Glenn We Beck

:confused:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder what all those people think about Glenn Beck now.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder what all those people think about Glenn Beck now.

I think they mostly forget he exists. His little media fiefdom is apparently falling apart and people tend to not pay attention to him.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

I like Chapo but I feel like they are much more mean spirited than Pod Save America, and they were hating on it back when they were called Keeping it 1600. Why?

because the keeping it 1600 guys are the very embodiment of what chapo is in ideological opposition to

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

LionArcher posted:

I like Chapo but I feel like they are much more mean spirited than Pod Save America, and they were hating on it back when they were called Keeping it 1600. Why?

Chapo is a leftist podcast. Pod Save America and Keepin' it 1600 are Democratic party podcasts. The reason they were hating on them is because Keepin' it 1600 was one of the many media outlets making tons of excuses for Hillary that ended up looking really foolish on election night.

There's not really any big beef between them, though. There's not like a feud. Will Menaker and Jon Favreau @ each other back and forth on Twitter about stuff sometimes, and KI1600 and PSA seem like they take criticism in a fairly healthy way instead of just lashing back angrily like the rest of the useless Democratic party boosters do.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

because the keeping it 1600 guys are the very embodiment of what chapo is in ideological opposition to

Nah, they really aren't. Chapo's ideological opposition is more the useless Democratic party hangers-on that are basically Rockefeller Republicans who have huge boners for Wall Street, Israel, the Saudis, and the free market.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 17, 2017

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ErIog posted:

Chapo is a leftist podcast. Pod Save America and Keepin' it 1600 are Democratic party podcasts. The reason they were hating on them is because Keepin' it 1600 was one of the many media outlets making tons of excuses for Hillary that ended up looking really foolish on election night.

There's not really any big beef between them, though. There's not like a feud. Will Menaker and Jon Favreau @ each other back and forth on Twitter about stuff sometimes, and Pod Save America seems like they take criticism in a fairly healthy way instead of just lashing back like the rest of the useless Democratic party boosters do.

Favreau and company were really up their own asses during the run up to the election. To their credit post election they're being constructive about what to do about trump as opposed to just making fun of lolconservatives.

They recommend attending representative events and causing a ruckus like the tea party did. They fail to mention the connection between the tea party and corporate sponsorship and Fox News with is disappointing.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I cant decide if the post-election keeping it 1600 podcast or "the young turks" was the best source of election tears. i much have re-watched/listened to each one half a dozen times last month.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ErIog posted:

Nah, they really aren't. Chapo's ideological opposition is more the useless Democratic party hangers-on that are basically Rockefeller Republicans who have huge boners for Wall Street, Israel, the Saudis, and the free market.

those people aren't hangers-on they're the party establishment

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

That's the upside imo. They've been on the inside but now are pretty forthcoming about their experiences and biases, particularly wrt Clinton in the 08 primary.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The PSA crew is the new Democratic party, they were in their early 20's when Obama took over and going to be around for a long time. They're the establishment in that they worked for Obama and Hillary, but they're very much not Chuck Schumer style Democrats. The people that listen to Chapo will have to work with them if there's any hope of forming a unified front to take on the GOP. Fortunately, we've got people like Sanders, Warren, and Ellison to help with this, but we need more young members like the Castro brothers to come up and avoid becoming Bookers.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

We can build the org chart now

PSA
|
|
Chapo
|
|
Cumtown

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Where does the Choom Gang and their 40s fit into this equation?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Shbobdb posted:

Where does the Choom Gang and their 40s fit into this equation?
The Overton window cannot accommodate the choom gang at this time.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Rexicon1 posted:

The Overton window cannot accommodate the choom gang at this time.

L
A
T
E
R
S
!

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I cant decide if the post-election keeping it 1600 podcast or "the young turks" was the best source of election tears. i much have re-watched/listened to each one half a dozen times last month.

TYT seems like a poor source, since they were all about Jill Stein (lol) and only begrudgingly "endorsed" Hillary at the very end by basically saying "look, she can't be worse than Trump". Their election feed was like 1 part "what the hell", 9 parts "HAHA WE TOLD YOU SO".

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

I specifically chose not to use the word "establishment," because it carries a connotation of not being able to be dislodged easily. Some of the stupidest loving people who had a big impact on the election because of Wikileaks were just Hillary staffers or party staffers. They're people like Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, John Podesta, Sidney Blumenthal, Donna Brazile, and Neera Tanden. They are total hangers-on, and they can be jettisoned the second there's any whiff of scandal around them, and they should be.

Saying they're "establishment," gives a lot of these liberals WAAAAY too much credit. They would kill to be real establishment. Hillary was establishment. They're certainly loving not.

The real establishment is people like Corey Booker, and the problem with them is they're not really that stupid they're just completely bought. The good thing about them is they do respond to being shamed.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 17, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
nah i was responding to the rockefeller republicans with boners for wall street, israel, the saudis, etc part

that's very much the democratic party establishment position including people like booker

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
and yes that includes people like the keeping it 1600 bozos

like poo poo rachel maddow has literally referred to herself as a rockefeller republican

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

That Otakon 2013 shirt could not be more relevant to that picture.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hell yeah

https://twitter.com/RickSantorum/status/821404337712857089

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I wonder what causes a person like Santorum to choose to be a media guy and not a lobbyist guy. I assume he can get paid more by CNN?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I wonder what causes a person like Santorum to choose to be a media guy and not a lobbyist guy. I assume he can get paid more by CNN?

He's a narcissist. Also, people don't like him enough on a personal level to give him money or do things for him in exchange for money.

For some reason, my phone auto- complete kept bringing up a :shrek: emote while I was typing this.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah santorum is a tremendous dork and basically incapable of drawing attention on his own at this point sooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Just s reminder that the santorums had a miscarriage at 20 weeks and slept with the dead fetus and passed it around to their kids.