Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syscall girl posted:

Oh EDS. That's a bitch kitty.

My knees are way out of line. Well one is the one that didn't get surgery and is in full fall apart mode lately.

I don't even want to know about the other stuff in that syndrome. My surgeon was just passing through as I was getting dressings removed with a bunch of scrubs and she asks me to bend my thumb back to touch my forearm and i'm like sure. They all took notes on their clip boards.

When it was discovered I had malignant hyperthermia, which is not very common, I was in a teaching hospital, which led to every baby doc and half the real docs coming by to look at my chart and nod thoughtfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

syscall girl posted:

Oh EDS. That's a bitch kitty.

My knees are way out of line. Well one is the one that didn't get surgery and is in full fall apart mode lately.

I don't even want to know about the other stuff in that syndrome. My surgeon was just passing through as I was getting dressings removed with a bunch of scrubs and she asks me to bend my thumb back to touch my forearm and i'm like sure. They all took notes on their clip boards.

STOP GETTING SURGERY
unless you need it to maintain life, don't do it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

STOP GETTING SURGERY
unless you need it to maintain life, don't do it.

The patella realignment on my right leg went super well but I asked her not to do the left. I was afraid of being hobbled by two hosed up legs but she went in with laser precision and I could walk on it that evening.

Left patella went out while I was jogging a couple years back and it hasn't really come back.

I think she was right.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Do you have a pet lobster? That's great! Like a French eccentric.

No. It's a rare crayfish. About 4" long now. Missing the long antenna, but those will come back over the years. Probably worth about $150 now, should be a lot more after the next molt. I am a USA eccentric.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

syscall girl posted:

The patella realignment on my right leg went super well but I asked her not to do the left. I was afraid of being hobbled by two hosed up legs but she went in with laser precision and I could walk on it that evening.

Left patella went out while I was jogging a couple years back and it hasn't really come back.

I think she was right.

Oh, thank god, you have a surgeon who is good with Hyper-Mobility. That's very very good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This may be controversial, but I think crawfish taste better than lobster. :iiam:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

Oh, thank god, you have a surgeon who is good with Hyper-Mobility. That's very very good.

Yeah she's worked on the US Olympic Ski team. She's pretty good.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

This may be controversial, but I think crawfish taste better than lobster. :iiam:

Agree. gonna wait for this guy to mature, then stop feeding fish food for awhile so it doesn't taste like fish food and then eat it and post video to YouTube for all the Invert lovers to watch.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've started dressing like a dad.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Yeah she's worked on the US Olympic Ski team. She's pretty good.

She probably knows my EDS doc.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

that is quite the dad jumper, yes. I think that that is a cool thing now though, so.. cool! I am always so sad when people don't look like their avatars. I cannot be the only one in this.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Teagan posted:

I cannot be the only one in this.

ahem, I do

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Cosima posted:

ahem, I do

Yes, yes you do and have proven so !

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teagan posted:

that is quite the dad jumper, yes. I think that that is a cool thing now though, so.. cool! I am always so sad when people don't look like their avatars. I cannot be the only one in this.

Sorry I'm not a depressed jaguar who eats his feelings in real life, ma'am. :smithicide:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm not quite sure I'd like to look like Jack Frost

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sweet As Sin posted:

I'm not quite sure I'd like to look like Jack Frost

Would you still be sweet as sin? :ohdear:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

chitoryu12 posted:

I've started dressing like a dad.

Shirt not tucked into pants, no croakie on glasses. 4/10.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Teagan posted:

I'm pretty much my avatar in rl. Except the green part. Otherwise spot on. Well not the spots. Dont really have those. Also my teeth are not quite as sharp. Basically a spitting image.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm pretty much my avatar in rl. Except the green part. Otherwise spot on. Well not the spots. Dont really have those. Also my teeth are not quite as sharp. Basically a spitting image.

you have the same purdy eyes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Big blue eyes are like my one above-average feature. :unsmith:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Teagan posted:

Now that you mention it, my avatar is Timothy Olyphant from Justified, and now I am sad I don't like like my avatar.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

they caught the mystery bastard who caused my accident, for a separate reckless driving incident. I cannot i.d. him, but in a small town, it is good enough for me. The is the best smile I could muster though. :)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Teagan posted:

they caught the mystery bastard who caused my accident, for a separate reckless driving incident. I cannot i.d. him, but in a small town, it is good enough for me. The is the best smile I could muster though. :)

Yay for indirect justice!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

the poor little guy was rather sick over the weekend :(

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dinosaurs!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

you two are adorable :kimchi:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

It's only as I've got older I've realised that if something that cool is in a museum and within touching distance of tourists and children, it's not a real skeleton.

That moment of realisation smothered the child in me.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Kitchner posted:

It's only as I've got older I've realised that if something that cool is in a museum and within touching distance of tourists and children, it's not a real skeleton.

What??? nooooo

Don't do this to me, I need Christmas

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Kitchner posted:

Even if they're out of reach, chances are it's molded plaster and the real thing is either in a closet somewhere that you can't touch it or in a lab where other people can do science with it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

GWBBQ posted:

Even if they're out of reach, chances are it's molded plaster and the real thing is either in a closet somewhere that you can't touch it or in a lab where other people can do science with it.

It's why I like the British Museum, the Rosetta Stone is real, which is why it's behind super secure glass, not sure if the Elgin Marbles on display are the real ones or fake, I think real because they are super out of reach.

Pretty much all the skeletons are fake though. As are all the Egyptian statues and poo poo which people touch.

Its weird when you think about it. You have a museum full of stuff and you need to space to display it all, then you need even more space to hide the real things and save them for scientists and academics etc.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Its not that they couldn't display the real thing, its that scientists are those kids who never learned to share and carried that behaviour into their careers. Jerks. :colbert:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Carth Dookie posted:

Its not that they couldn't display the real thing, its that scientists are those kids who never learned to share and carried that behaviour into their careers. Jerks. :colbert:

The skeletons are incomplete anyway so you'd have like 8 bones surrounded by a bunch of fake stuff.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Cosima posted:

What's it like living in a Khrushchyovka?

Alas, there's no real Khrushchyovkas in :poland:. :(
The 70s pre-fabs are pretty sweet though, a chance to slum it up in your own place if you don't mind dealing with some grandma furniture.

In other news, as I move from a bad case of crunch time to having opportunity to catch some sleep and get my poo poo together, I'm slowly restoring my ability to smile.

Slowly.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kitchner posted:

It's why I like the British Museum, the Rosetta Stone is real, which is why it's behind super secure glass, not sure if the Elgin Marbles on display are the real ones or fake, I think real because they are super out of reach.

Pretty much all the skeletons are fake though. As are all the Egyptian statues and poo poo which people touch.

Its weird when you think about it. You have a museum full of stuff and you need to space to display it all, then you need even more space to hide the real things and save them for scientists and academics etc.

I suspect that it's actually hiding them from the idiots who would destroy them out of stupidity. It apparently happens quite a lot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3067122/Tourists-break-priceless-Hercules-statue-Cremona-Italy-trying-snap-selfie.html
http://www.cntraveler.com/story/selfie-taking-tourist-destroys-18th-century-saint-michael-statue-in-lisbon
http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2016-05-09/tourist-wrecks-126-year-old-lisbon-statue-in-selfie-attempt

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Lichtenstein posted:

In other news, as I move from a bad case of crunch time to having opportunity to catch some sleep and get my poo poo together, I'm slowly restoring my ability to smile.

Slowly.

poo poo, there's a new Elijah Wood movie out? Why does he have a beard?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Aug 1, 2017

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

EmmyOk posted:

I need glasses now as well as shaving my head. I'm slowly becoming off brand Action Jackson

I have that shirt

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Schmeichy posted:

I have that shirt

It's good! :coffeepal:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Action Jackson was a fun little movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I need glasses now as well as shaving my head. I'm slowly becoming off brand Action Jackson

You call that off brand me? Looking good, brah.