Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Beecha surviving ZZ is one of the great tragedies of 20th century fiction.

Every other main character I like. Judau is cool, Roux is cool, Elle is cool, Leina had some good moments when she was around, Mondo got tolerable. ZZ was a weird time for Bright (Like that weird subplot where he almost cheats on Mirai) but it added to his character IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Roux rules. She is probably my favorite character in ZZ.

In ZZ, I could not stand Beecha and Mondo. They tried to kill Judau and screw their friends over like the whole first half of the show. Mondo grew on me a bit (after is Kai-like arc, but he's no Kai) but Beecha never did. I don't know what Bright was smoking during ZZ, but it was clear he was doing something because he gave like no fucks during ZZ. It's a crime how Beecha and Mondo get off scott free for all of their bullshit but Roux got punished for being out of line like once. She didn't try to murder Judau with some mines. Beecha got rewarded with the captain's chair.

I also don't hate Katz or Hathaway for whatever reason. CCA Hathaway kills Chan and that sucks, but the one from Beltorchika's Children didn't so Hathaway's Flash Hathaway is fine with me. Him and Katz are just a dumb kids.

More or less how I feel. Beecha never got a character arc, so why did he get no punishment? And why did Elle get mad at Judau for thinking that Beecha and Mondo betrayed them, even though that's exactly what they did?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely can't think of a single redeeming thing Beecha does.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
You know who was a good friend? Iino.

When Judau needed help dressing as a girl to infiltrate a space harem and rescue his friends, it wasn't Beecha or Mondo who stepped up.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

ImpAtom posted:

Casts Accelerate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

When Judau needed help dressing as a girl to infiltrate a space harem and rescue his friends, it wasn't Beecha or Mondo who stepped up.

Iino suffers hard for being the forgettable dude. I mean Roux and Elle own, Mondo and Beecha are shits, Iino is just too average.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

keep the hyaku shiki from gathering rust

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CaptainRat posted:

Casts Accelerate.
Being an Accelbot is very useful. Shame that V doesn't have the squad system, though.

Unless there's a Djieh SE-R style secret again, which means we'd have to invest time into Beecha. Like, get him to Ace status and get him a bunch of extra kills on a random stage and suddenly, you get Penelope as a reward.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Maito Senpuuji's design would be more at home in a modern magical girl show than a 90's yuusha cartoon.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Is Might Gaine in this just so that Midorikawa wasn't out of work for a Super Robot Wars? It really makes you think.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Even his name annoys me, since anytime I read it it makes me think of beached whales. :smith:

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Nephrite posted:

Is Might Gaine in this just so that Midorikawa wasn't out of work for a Super Robot Wars? It really makes you think.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So is the Animesong version Japan only? I have a lot of the songs it comes with in my library, so if I can use them and do the same thing the Animesong version does, it would be no big loss, but otherwise I would like that version.

BlitzBlast posted:

I will remind you that Plan "Strap the ZZ with mines" worked wonderfully.

Touché.

Raxivace posted:

Beecha surviving ZZ is one of the great tragedies of 20th century fiction.

Every other main character I like. Judau is cool, Roux is cool, Elle is cool, Leina had some good moments when she was around, Mondo got tolerable. ZZ was a weird time for Bright (Like that weird subplot where he almost cheats on Mirai) but it added to his character IMO.

Definitely weird time for Bright. I think it was fine for his character development because you can tell he was suffering from being far from his family for so long that he practically lost it. Disappointed that Emary wasn't in GGG (unless she is and I am just super blind).

Inferno-sama posted:

More or less how I feel. Beecha never got a character arc, so why did he get no punishment? And why did Elle get mad at Judau for thinking that Beecha and Mondo betrayed them, even though that's exactly what they did?

That scene was frustrating. ZZ also annoyed me with how Fa seemed to act like she had no piloting experience at all in the first few episodes. She had quite a lot of hours under her belt after Zeta, why is she all of the sudden completely useless?

HitTheTargets posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Iino suffers hard for being the forgettable dude. I mean Roux and Elle own, Mondo and Beecha are shits, Iino is just too average.

He's extremely forgettable. Like I completely forgot he existed until you brought him up. He's definitely a good friend and has some good moments, but he is just stuck in the background.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Elle and Roux should have good to great stats considering what they did in the show. :colbert:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MonsieurChoc posted:

Elle and Roux should have good to great stats considering what they did in the show. :colbert:
I was pretty impressed with Roux's stats back in Alpha. She's no Judeau but she got the job done.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I actually bought a PS4 (Slim) from the BBuy BFriday thing just for this game in English. (Moon Dwellers and other nerd rear end robot games too of course. Plus those Arcade Archives DL titles. Terra Cresta? Arcade? In my home? Please yes.)

I'm getting hyped. Course right now my PS4 is the Blood Bowl 2 and Bloodborne system https://youtu.be/PXBBGjUjy2c but soon it will be the weeb robot game system. :neckbeard:

(Yes I did buy Assault Suits Leynos for it, surprising nobody.)

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Elle and Roux usually have stats on par with Four, the Purus and old type gundam main characters like Kou. They don't hold up compared to Amuro or Judau but they're definitely a lot better than the Fas and Katzs of the games.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Definitely weird time for Bright. I think it was fine for his character development because you can tell he was suffering from being far from his family for so long that he practically lost it.
I really dug that stuff myself, it just wasn't at all what I was expecting in the show.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

That scene was frustrating. ZZ also annoyed me with how Fa seemed to act like she had no piloting experience at all in the first few episodes. She had quite a lot of hours under her belt after Zeta, why is she all of the sudden completely useless?
If you're talking about those episodes where she's piloting the Zeta, I seem to recall some line about the Zeta having insane customizations specific to Kamille's piloting style that even Judau needed time to overcome.

Of course that's just a plot explanation. I could have used some badass Fa moments.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

CaptainRat posted:

Casts Accelerate.

This is the best answer

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Raxivace posted:

I really dug that stuff myself, it just wasn't at all what I was expecting in the show.

ZZ started out really weird but I grew to like the strange first third that the more Zeta style rest of the show annoyed me a bit.

Raxivace posted:

If you're talking about those episodes where she's piloting the Zeta, I seem to recall some line about the Zeta having insane customizations specific to Kamille's piloting style that even Judau needed time to overcome.

Of course that's just a plot explanation. I could have used some badass Fa moments.

Hmm, I honestly didn't remember that from Zeta. Fa flies it fine in ZZ, but when she engages with the junk yard guy, she just ends up fall apart completely. I'm sure Fa ran some simulations with the Zeta, just how Sayla did with the Gundam but Tomino decided Sayla should be dumb in that moment. It's just that Bright said to give it to Judau so of course the plot would not allow Fa to be a good pilot. I think it's kinda insulting to her character after everything she had to go through in Zeta.

Anyway, it's my reason for always dumping Fa into Zeta in games when I can. Time to give her some redemption. (Too bad it takes her forever to level up Newtype in SRWZ3).

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 18, 2017

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Judau's whole gimmick is that he adjusts to different suits abnormally fast. It's a holdover from his days piloting whatever scrapheap mech the group managed to find.

There's a bit later on when Beecha steals the ZZ and he has no idea how Judau even pilots the thing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I also don't hate Katz or Hathaway for whatever reason. CCA Hathaway kills Chan and that sucks, but the one from Beltorchika's Children didn't so Hathaway's Flash Hathaway is fine with me. Him and Katz are just a dumb kids.

It's okay, I don't think anyone's gonna kill you for liking an unpopular character.

Unless you're like me and like/would use in SRW Rosamia and Sarah. That might be worth a death sentence. :downs:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Monaghan posted:

I'm gonna miss Shinn's terrible Z3 portrait.

Same, TBH.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's okay, I don't think anyone's gonna kill you for liking an unpopular character.

Unless you're like me and like/would use in SRW Rosamia and Sarah. That might be worth a death sentence. :downs:

I like Rosamia too. :downs:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

ZuljinRaynor posted:

He's extremely forgettable. Like I completely forgot he existed until you brought him up. He's definitely a good friend and has some good moments, but he is just stuck in the background.

:ssh: I googled him. I would say he's never been playable, but apparently he's in G Gen World. Go figure.

Job John though, he's my number one guy.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Does the beginning of PV2 say that its been 10? years since CCA, 100 years about something else?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

KoB posted:

Does the beginning of PV2 say that its been 10? years since CCA, 100 years about something else?

I think 100 years later the Garmia empire arrives wipes out Earth.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've been re-reading the Record of ATX manga and I still feel Bian was wasted by dying so early. I really wish they'd bring him back somehow (and give him a team-attack with Lune).

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've been re-reading the Record of ATX manga and I still feel Bian was wasted by dying so early. I really wish they'd bring him back somehow (and give him a team-attack with Lune).

I think removing him early was very much intentional, in order to have a character who set the tone for the rest of the series and then left the stage before he overstayed his welcome.

Really, it's a thing more characters in the OG series should learn from.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Revolver Bunker posted:

I was going to say how FMP looks better animated but something about it still seems off. Like the heads are just slightly too big compared to the bodies. Mazinger and Great look amazing in their upgrade forms. Here's hoping we get more if not all the story from Zero. Might Gain's units seems really under powered compared to the other units but maybe they'll have good stats. I'm really hoping we get Yurika and the OG Nadesico so I can roll in with 3 Nadesico ships, Crossbones Flagship, Bright's ride, and the Yamato and ship battle the enemy into submission.

Zero's story is really something that needs a W-style two parter game due to the rather important flashback that ends with Japan being sealed off. And actually losing to Doctor Hell's unending tide of Mechabeasts would be pretty loving awesome in gameplay.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Nephrite posted:

So if I'm interested in getting the preorder stuff like the robots but also want the English version, is my best bet to just preorder from Play-Asia? I was thinking of getting it off the Singapore PSN, but I don't see any way to get the preorder stuff from there.

A lot of things don't go up on the Singapore PSN until the day of release and then they have a "get all the preorder stuff as long as you buy within the first 2 weeks" clause. You should be good.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tiny little Famitsu thing with stuff we've mostly already seen, but...

New character? :confuoot:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
SRW will never be free of the curse of mysterious waifs.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So long as she has a cool robot I don't think I care.

Speaking of, they should roll in ACE:R and give us the one good thing from it.

And maybe Autumn can come with, idk.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

SRW will never be free of the curse of mysterious waifs.

Someone should call her parents. I think she got lost on the way to Persona 5.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HitTheTargets posted:

Someone should call her parents. I think she got lost on the way to Persona 5.
Are we sure that just isn't some photoshop of Rise as a goth girl?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Jesus, not only do we have another cyber waif, but she's also the Z-Crystal? The only thing keeping this from being full portable/Genion is that you can still pick Chitose.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Jesus, not only do we have another cyber waif, but she's also the Z-Crystal? The only thing keeping this from being full portable/Genion is that you can still pick Chitose.

Don't worry, if you pick Chitose she'll die three stages in and be replaced by a bland 14 year old boy with brown hair and two waifus.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Question: would you prefer for her to be a Vanglay subpilot, or not?

I know Esther missed her chance to be a competent subpilot, but at least Nine isn't going to get teased. Outside of that I feel like not being a subpilot (I'm mainly thinking of Irui) has a better track record than, you know, literally too many girls in the backseat for me to name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Question: would you prefer for her to be a Vanglay subpilot, or not?

I know Esther missed her chance to be a competent subpilot, but at least Nine isn't going to get teased. Outside of that I feel like not being a subpilot (I'm mainly thinking of Irui) has a better track record than, you know, literally too many girls in the backseat for me to name.

I feel like if she isn't a subpilot then there's a good chance she's going to get kidnapped or end up a villain. Not that subpilot status prevents that, thank you very much Genion.

• Locked thread