Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've never heard of them either but I also observed while living in NYC that people tend to get super insulated in their little tribe's location and if you never leave your own neighborhood (which no one does because it's too much of a hassle) you probably have no idea that not everyone is <whatever ethnicity happen to surround your apartment>.

Hell, when I lived in Astoria, Queens (greeks, italians, russians, nondescript 'whites') , no one had any loving idea what 'bratwurst' were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
15+ new posts

"I guess Artie died"

Nope, Jamaican meat pattie talk.

Gary is hardly a pinnacle of PC behaviour. Just listen to his homophobic rant against Elliot Offen, or the story about how he got his rear end kicked in high school for calling a black kid a friend of the family.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

15+ new posts

"I guess Artie died"

Can we put a moratorium on this constant dead horse of a post? Nobody cares how many new posts you saw. I get it if it's like 200+ in a day, but 15?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

beep by grandpa posted:

Can we put a moratorium on this constant dead horse of a post? Nobody cares how many new posts you saw. I get it if it's like 200+ in a day, but 15?

You know making 15 new posts a day is helpful if you need to walk to St. Louis one weekend

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

At this point if Artie dies it'll probably be in the thread title, just to say 'yes it really happened, who knew it would be a propane explosion.'

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh man, I totally wish ETM was alive now because I just found out that the wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter went to Eric's HS.

DUMB gently caress, I HAVE NEVER BEEN A PART OF ISIS. I DO NOT THINK ALL INFIDELS SHOULD DIE.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I wonder if she remembers the ramp they built for Eric

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
rear end in a top hat I DID NOT CAUSE A MASS MURDER BECAUSE THE RAMP WAS ALREADY BUILT WHEN I GOT TO THE SCHOOL.

I think my favorite part is you know if Eric was alive people would absolutely be tweeting at him about joining IS or something. It's not even a slight leap to think so, it would 100% happen.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
LOOK YOU rear end...HOLES... I WASN'T EVEN.. ALIVE.... WHEN HAFEZ AL-ASSAD ORIG...INATED THE CONCEPT OF SUICIDE.... BOMBING

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
....Was Jerry gay?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

beep by grandpa posted:

You know I was just about to say that beep

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Jamaican beef patties are awesome as gently caress and I'll buy em wherever I can get em but how the hell are someone's expectations for what a pizza place serves 'oddly racist' :wtc:

Meh, "slightly racist" might have been a better choice of words. It wasn't bad, or blatant, it just came off weird.

I'm curious to here your thoughts after listening to it.

prefect posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Booey were offended by non-"Italian" food being served at a pizzeria. They should ask Sal what he thinks -- better chance of getting an honest reply.

Yeah, this is pretty much what it was. He even referred to "those foods" without irony.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BobbyK posted:

You know I was just about to say that beep

Isn't it still probatable to do that whole "x new posts" thing?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I was going to say...it is probatable

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey all, saw 10+ new posts, thought Marci Turk raised ETM from the dead as a super zombie and rode him around the studio disemboweling the entire staff live on the air before leveling an entire city block in an attempt to enforce the new dress code.

I was just thinking - I think this thread is going to long outlast the actual show once Howard finally does retire. Those who do have the talent and ambition to stay in the entertainment biz will need someplace to go. The question is where can any of these people go make a good wage and not end up an embarrassing youtube failure ala Stuttering John?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I hear staging slip and fall accidents in supermarkets pays well

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

haljordan posted:

I hear staging slip and fall accidents in supermarkets pays well

Pee pee money is not an employment history.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Excellent KotH reference aside, I'd say everyone besides Gary (excluding Robin and Fred) is hosed once Howard retires.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 18, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Gary will be almost 60 when the show ends (if it ends this time), he'll probably retire. Robin and Fred will no doubt retire as well. Ronnie will probably still drive for Howard so he'll be fine although given how well Howard likely pays and the fact he has his own company he could probably retire now anyway. Scott, if he's not gone, could probably just go to another station if he wanted but he's also nearing retirement age. Richard could end up doing a variety of things. He could probably be a drum instructor or something, who knows. He has the most options and possibility.

JD, Jason, and Will will probably find similar jobs at other places, just cube work. Sal is likely in serious trouble.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Sal has calmed down, so I bet he could get a writing gig. Nothing like Kimmel or anything, but I could see him writing on Adult Swim shows and the like. Ronnie said last week he will retire when the show ends. Really it is the back office folks that don't have the history on the air that will be kinda screwed.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Do we even know who half of the back office guys are or what they do anymore? There are a lot of writers/producers who aren't given any recognition or air time unless they're doing a character or something, people like Mike Trainor, Steve Nowicki, and Chris Wilding (Lee King Snatch). They could easily start their own show or podcast after Howard retires or dies on air like Imus.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real fast?

I lived on Long Island for a long time and had no clue what high pitch was talking about until he described them....I dont remember ever seeing them in Suffolk County and anytime I went into the city(Midtown mostly) I never saw them at a pizza place...maybe its a borough specific type of thing :shrug:

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 19, 2017

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d--LpVQxDo

Gilbert was on Colbert last night.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Damon story real fast?

What IS this? :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 18, 2017

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

By the way, Ronnie is already effectively retired. He hasn't had his limo business in a long time, he basically just drives Howard for fun and air time.

FEH!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ronnie still owns the business. He doesn't drive on weekends anymore.

He still picks up Howard on show days.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

beep by grandpa posted:

Jamaican beef patties are awesome as gently caress and I'll buy em wherever I can get em but how the hell are someone's expectations for what a pizza place serves 'oddly racist' :wtc:

You're racist for not thinking that's racist

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

You're racist for not thinking that's racist

I'm skipping this post, not because I'm racist, but because you told me to.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Sand Monster posted:

What's this?

Sirius had a party for its bigtimers and CEOs. Howard, Robin and Gary were all invited. Apparently Scott showed up, stood in the corner without talking to anyone for 10 minutes, then left.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The whole "who gets a wedding invite"/"who gets to go to Howard's birthday show" stuff really skeeved me out. It was basically a lot of "Dance for my pressure, you loving plebes!"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Artie using "The Godfather" to mock Howard & Marci: https://www.facebook.com/artiequitter/videos/10158065143290322/

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Gary will be almost 60 when the show ends (if it ends this time), he'll probably retire. Robin and Fred will no doubt retire as well. Ronnie will probably still drive for Howard so he'll be fine although given how well Howard likely pays and the fact he has his own company he could probably retire now anyway. Scott, if he's not gone, could probably just go to another station if he wanted but he's also nearing retirement age. Richard could end up doing a variety of things. He could probably be a drum instructor or something, who knows. He has the most options and possibility.

JD, Jason, and Will will probably find similar jobs at other places, just cube work. Sal is likely in serious trouble.

Richard will probably go on tour. He's not done with his music by a longshot.

Sal? Murder-suicide with his wife.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Richard will probably go on tour. He's not done with his music by a longshot.

Sal? Murder-suicide with his wife.

Yeah but who is gonna kill who?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

It'll be like a Reservoir Dogs thing.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haha, whoops.
Matt Damon, Matt Dillon, your balls, my balls its all the same

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

haha, whoops.
Matt Damon, Matt Dillon, your balls, my balls its all the same

*borlowrrrlorrramp*

I have written out that fart ITT way too many times, and it's always different, yet always how I hear it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

At this point if Artie dies it'll probably be in the thread title, just to say 'yes it really happened, who knew it would be a propane explosion.'

lol

I've told this story before, but a 'friend of a friend' who is a huge fan was one of the EMTs who got the call when Artie stabbed himself. He later said that of ALL the ways he thought Artie Lange might bite it, stabbing himself in the belly was not one of them.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

lol

I've told this story before, but a 'friend of a friend' who is a huge fan was one of the EMTs who got the call when Artie stabbed himself. He later said that of ALL the ways he thought Artie Lange might bite it, stabbing himself in the belly was not one of them.

I got $5 on 'choking on a pop-tart during a blow job.' Knowing my luck, that's how Love Sponge is going to kick the mortal coil.

haljordan posted:

That's for the coroner's to figure out. Probably end up being some dangerous people Sal owes money to. I imagine the whole thing like the fish scene in 'Dirty Work,' honestly.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

He's so angry that Marci "ruined" that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Its pretty drat ruined.