Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I know you guys make jokes about rape n such but in a game as lifelike as SC there needs to be consequences for your actions, whether you are a pirate or you hosed up and crshlanded on a planet with no food.

What game? What lifelike? Why didn't you get your meds adjusted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

VealCutlet posted:

wp Titanic

:discourse:

Beet Wagon posted:

Holy loving poo poo

:five::five::five:

Thank you friends! I'm no high profile anime artist I'm afraid, but it's what I kicked out in a night of craziness.

I've got at least one more idea in the theme I might do, but I have little faith in my comic book skills.

It's just an alpha guys.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Samizdata posted:

i prefer twitter jihad to falling for exhibit 1A in Trolling 101.

unless you falling for it is a troll, then the thread is too meta and i'm going to retire to the verse

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fat Shat Sings posted:

unless you falling for it is a troll, then the thread is too meta and i'm going to retire to the verse

He's controlling the guy controlling the post controlling the content. It's meta all the way down. Eventually he sees a mirror, and instead of him looking back it's just a :justpost: button.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Ghostlight posted:

dolvak shouldn't sign his posts

his twitter feed is literally him talking to himself and sometimes he gets 2 likes. ive never seen such a try hard fail at trying hard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Free Flarpy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Have fun t-posing through your ship, Citizen! Sorry it had to come to this.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Does anyone know morse code? What's he blinking?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

He's controlling the guy controlling the post controlling the content. It's meta all the way down. Eventually he sees a mirror, and instead of him looking back it's just a :justpost: button.

MODS! DOXXING HERE!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
He's mad that Derek said his article is "well reasoned"?

"There is no context in which I am reasonable!" :argh:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

Does anyone know morse code? What's he blinking?

R-E-F-U-N-D

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Tried to come up with a brady bunch intro involving roberts in some way but gave up half way through.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
January 2, 2017

January 25, 2014

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Goobs posted:

Tried to come up with a brady bunch intro involving roberts in some way but gave up half way through.

wow are you me? i was doing the exact same thing just 15 seconds ago

here's a tip for anyone else: Sandy gifs on the left, Crobberts on the right, and Derek Smart as Alice

just, you know, :effort:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sounds like his prostate will explode when Zen releases.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Mirificus posted:

January 2, 2017

January 25, 2014

we should all wish him a happy 3-year anniversary for his processor in the next week or so

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Goobs posted:

you're so desperate. not like trustmeimlegit who spent 10 dollars on a gay dead comedy forum to defend a scam that they've dumped thousands of dollars into.

check mate goonie :smuggo:

waddayameangay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgjEM0RACOs&t=16s

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

You are more desperate! You live to lick Densa Smartbutnotreallythisisthebesticouldcomeupwith's booty sweat, you dink so toxic even goons will not accept you!

Also, you are fat.

No, seriously. Tell us all how you feel.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821502724785209344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

D_Smart Comin' :omarcomin:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Even with his computer part choices, Gremlich is all about sunk cost fallacy.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

RFC 1918 - Private Address Space posted:

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved the following three blocks of the IP address space for private internets:

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (10/8 prefix)
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12 prefix)
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

As promised! lovely programmer art incoming.

Holy crap!! If there is ever a Star Citizen book--this needs to be right there on the inside of the cover.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Someone mentoned dwarf fortress earlier and i'm going to come right out and say it......I don't loving get it, like how the gently caress do you even start anything in dwarf fortress? I look at the screen and i'm just dumbfounded and overwhelmed, like chris Roberts in front of his own "game".

use tiles. Also find some kind of tutorial or something, last time I played was like three years ago and I can't figure out what the gently caress i'm doing. Pretty sure everyone's been sleeping in the snow for three months.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ahh, there he is defending the 220W CPU. Don't be hating the Piledriver.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic posted:

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

This and the comic are incredible!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DapperDon posted:

No, seriously. Tell us all how you feel.

Sorry. I was channeling my inner Citizen.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

The Titanic posted:

Fanfuckingtastic!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You should spend all the money you save skimping on quality components to spend on 144hz IPS panels so that you can really experience the input delays.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sounds like his prostate will explode when Zen releases.

I'm doing what now?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

And this right here is why this game will never come out. Derek maintains the viewpoint (or did in his July Blog™) that it's a technical impossibility, and that may be true. Others maintain that the scummy business practices are to blame, others point to just how awful a job they've done so far as the necessary evidence against its completion. All valid points. But ultimately, even in a parallel universe where all other problems are solved, Star Citizen was never possible with Chris Roberts heading it. The man has no idea whatsoever how to make a game - he just thinks of "cool poo poo" like some 10-year old kid theorycrafting on a playground, with no idea how or if it would work in a game. Wing Commander was released because the tech of the time forcibly constrained him into a little box. The box is gone, and the idiot is free. He's taken over $100 million dollars of other people's money, opened several studios and employed hundreds of workers, and he has no idea what to tell them all to do. He has no idea what they're all supposed to be building, how it's supposed to work, and how any of it fits together. Meanwhile money is getting spent - every paycheck, every rent check, every space door - money gone - with nothing to show for it. Still no game, still no usable code, still no functioning tech demo, still no design, still no plan. Just the sweet smell of burning cash.

We're in 2017, a little more than 2 weeks in, and nothing's working. But it's time to talk about what "might be cool if." In 2 more weeks, nothing will be done. In 2 months - still nothing. At some point this year there will be a 30GB "patch" labelled "3.0" and it will be the same broken poo poo with a tacked-on vestigial feature like "Atmosphere 2.0" where they found a way to decouple the airlock <USE> prompt from your spacesuit and actually track whether or not the zone you're in has air in it (admittedly a very tricky problem that was somehow solved in 2001 by the Everquest guys, and probably earlier than that).

They can't build a basic space station without you clipping through the walls, but they're gonna have fleet battles with intelligent NPC AIs everywhere. They can't get the flight model working, but they're going to have procedural hand-crafted planets so big you can find things the developers didn't intend and have "emergent gameplay". They can't code a patcher, but they're going to have a system where you can mine asteroids and make custom additives for your fuel that will have an effect on the game and usher in a new supply/demand economy based on the new fuel tech that you've discovered yourself but kept secret from rival corporations.

You can't even hide in a loving crate yet.

But all this is going to happen. Chris saw the Matrix and thought it was a documentary, so now all he has to do is make the same exact thing but have 100 star systems in it instead of just one measly planet. This is a totally reasonable and achievable goal, certainly for a man whose highest life achievements are getting the boot from Microsoft, getting blacklisted from Hollywood, and loving a witch. Put this fucker in charge - he's got this. He just needs a little more money to complete the refactoring; the pipelines are looking good, and subsumption is a go. Once he's done rebuilding other people's long-optimized technology to not work right, he's just one more engine switch away from things really taking off. Partnerships with Amazon are removing the blockers, and manchildren everywhere who have inexplicable reproduced are using their kids' college funds to prop this project up when they're not busy building Constellation replicas in their basements.

I hope Windows 24 can run a DOS launcher.

Dunno man, I feel things will really take off in 2017.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Very fidelitous, I feel I could circumnavigate that world using nothing more than this map and a coracle.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

i cant wait to kidnap babies in star citizen.

I hear the vanduul pay great for long piglet. Death of a space toddler. :discourse:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Someone mentoned dwarf fortress earlier and i'm going to come right out and say it......I don't loving get it, like how the gently caress do you even start anything in dwarf fortress? I look at the screen and i'm just dumbfounded and overwhelmed, like chris Roberts in front of his own "game".

It took me about 6 hours just to build a very basic dungeon by following online tutorials. I think 20 years ago I'd have gone insane playing it but nowadays I just don't have the time it would take to become proficient. It has crazy depth but must be hugely rewarding once you master it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You guys aren't normal people in the technical sense. Like at some point most of you just became bitter husks that cynically lash out at everything you see. This self reinforces because if you see anything is good their entire worldview might collapse.

We're the same you and I, only I don't have Star Citizen to saccharine up my bitter lot in life

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

that gotta sting

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ZenMaster posted:

I'm doing what now?

apparently your name changed to ryzen and your rumored to be competitive with a I7

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You guys aren't normal people in the technical sense. Like at some point most of you just became bitter husks that cynically lash out at everything you see. This self reinforces because if you see anything is good their entire worldview might collapse.

...you're actually mad, I can't believe this. that's like the first rule, don't actually get mad during a safari

go outside and/or talk to people that actually exist then come back here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that gotta sting
Dolvak bites really easy too. He's majorly pissy.'

EDIT: Catte tax because was phone posting before

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 18, 2017