Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

You also get gems like this one from What to Do on a Date:

Narrator: This is a story about Jim... and Kate...
Joel: and a human ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Burkion posted:

I may have briefly fused that and Shaking Hands with Danger yes

Not going to lie, Catching Trouble would be way, waaaaaaay better if that stupid little music riff played every time an animal was abused

...I think I'm gonna need to extract some sort of compensation from Mike, Bill and Kevin for getting that drat song wired into my head. I literally heard the sting just now.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

BigRed0427 posted:

It wasn't all over the place, but Joel's run has jokes making fun of white people from time to time. The opening to Mr. B Natural comes to mind. Hell, making white rivlage jokes are half the fun of watching old educational shorts.

The whole joke of "A Date With Your Family" is "the '50s-style white nuclear family narrative was a lie."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The whole joke of "A Date With Your Family" is "the '50s-style white nuclear family narrative was a lie."

"Mom, I'm dating a negro!"

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

"Dad, I had a feeling today.."

"Well don't, son."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

"Salad needs more butter, mother!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CainsDescendant posted:

"Dad, I had a feeling today.."

"Well don't, son."

"I'm moving to Fire Island, dear."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Emotions are for ethnic people!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, spankings all around.

Also I got my card yesterday and I'm glad I went the extra $5 for the version from them because it is pretty nice.

Dylazodelan
Nov 9, 2009
I remember Mike making his fair share of white people jokes, especially in "Giant Spider Invasion" and the short "A Date With Your Family".

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I'm not sure it can match Bracero Program propaganda, but I still think "Progress Island USA!" is a pretty strong contender for "most racist short." The whole thing is basically saying. "Did you know that Puerto Rico is technically American? Look at these beaches, palm trees, and rum bottles! Come be an obnoxious tourist here! Also, why not invest in polluting heavy industry, while you're at it? The workers are just like real Americans, but you don't have to pay them as much! Who are these natives, you ask? Why don't you look at a few night club and festival scenes to find out! Oh, and we have that old Spanish architecture and kitschy folk art you love too and, since it's almost America, you don't have to worry about getting kidnapped by bandidos like in those other Latin countries."

I should rewatch that one, actually, I remember it having some amazing riffs. Another favorite "MSTies encounter racism" moment was their exasperation upon seeing the "African" boys and girls in that Santa Claus movie.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Duckbag posted:

I should rewatch that one, actually, I remember it having some amazing riffs. Another favorite "MSTies encounter racism" moment was their exasperation upon seeing the "African" boys and girls in that Santa Claus movie.

I remember them being pretty frustrated with the depiction of Africans in The Leech Woman, too.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I too got my backer card and foil seal. Does a color version of the backer certificate exist? I went back into BackerKit and black and white is still all I can find. Hopefully I'm just not looking in the right place.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

They were pretty upset about Christopher Lee being put in yellow-face in Castle of Fu Manchu, but then so did everything in that film.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

They were pretty upset about Christopher Lee being put in yellow-face in Castle of Fu Manchu, but then so did everything in that film.

It was in the spirit of the Halloween season

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

SirPhoebos posted:

Stright up, that movie has no plot. It's a strong contender for today be of the worst things they want Chex, behind Manos and Monster A Go Go.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

BigRed0427 posted:

Stright up, that movie has no plot. It's a strong contender for today be of the worst things they want Chex, behind Manos and Monster A Go Go.

This may be my favorite autocorrect error ever.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

BigRed0427 posted:

Like I can see what the plot was trying to be, but none of it adds up. Okay, Fu Manchu's plan is to come up with a way to freeze all the water in the world and hold the world for ransom, but we see at the beginning he already has this capability so what's the point of kidnapping a scientist, and I have no clue as to what the whole tangent on opium trafficking served? And what was the point of blowing up a dam? And how did the agent stop Fu Manchu, because it shows the ice-change start to happen and then-nothing?

Just, ugh! And the visuals are some of the ugliest I've ever seen

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well, let's see if the Wikipedia summary can clear things up.

quote:

Supercriminal Fu Manchu plots to freeze the world's oceans with a diabolical new device. With his evil daughter, Lin Tang, his army of dacoits, and the help of the local crime organization led by Omar Pasha (whom Fu Manchu doublecrosses), Fu Manchu takes over the governor's castle in Istanbul which has a massive Opium reserve, to control the largest opium port in Anatolia, a fuel for his machine. Fu Manchu needs the help of an intelligent scientist with an ailing heart whom he has imprisoned. In order to keep the scientist alive he kidnaps a doctor and his wife to give the scientist a heart transplant from one of his obedient servants. Opposing him from Britain's Interpol, is his nemesis Nayland Smith and Dr. Petrie.
Did that help? :downs:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
That bastard's speaking through our omelette pan! :argh:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

"Hmm, what rhymes with blue balls?"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Here's how far I've gotten:

The Wishing Song posted:

LA

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

SirPhoebos posted:

Like I can see what the plot was trying to be, but none of it adds up. Okay, Fu Manchu's plan is to come up with a way to freeze all the water in the world and hold the world for ransom, but we see at the beginning he already has this capability so what's the point of kidnapping a scientist, and I have no clue as to what the whole tangent on opium trafficking served? And what was the point of blowing up a dam? And how did the agent stop Fu Manchu, because it shows the ice-change start to happen and then-nothing?

Just, ugh! And the visuals are some of the ugliest I've ever seen

Ok, I take that back. It's worst than Manos. Manos has a plot that is understandable. It's just stretched way to thin to fill an hour movie. Castle of Racist Asian Characature and Monster a Go Go are the two worst movies they ever saw.

Fake Edit: gently caress YOU AUTO CORRECT!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
One of the worst movies they ever did that doesn't get as much recognition is Rocket Attack USA. I remember it being one of the first movies on MST3K that made me think "this is the worst movie I've ever seen." I figure it just got overshadowed by things like Manos and Fu Manchu, but it really is a piece of crap.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Should we get a gay man for our roof?

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
The Painted Hills was their most depressing, if Rocket Attack USA and Fu Manchu are duking it out for worst.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

"The world the dying!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Artsygrrl posted:

The Painted Hills was their most depressing, if Rocket Attack USA and Fu Manchu are duking it out for worst.

I'd give "Most Depressing" award to Red Zone Cuba. It's a film made by manic depressives, for manic depressives. ":geno: Bay of Pigs."

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
At least Red Zone had the dulcet tones of John Carradine for the theme song. :haw:

Next time I go to a karaoke bar, I'll see if they have Night Train to Mundo Fine.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Red Zone Cuba might be the most miserable movie ever made.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

OldTennisCourt posted:

High School Big Shot gives it a run for its money.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

OldTennisCourt posted:

I feel like The Skydivers is overall more depressing.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Mister Kingdom posted:

High School Big Shot gives it a run for its money.

High School Big Shot is what happens when I Accuse my Parents grows up and becomes bitter and jaded.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Command Ant posted:

High School Big Shot is what happens when I Accuse my Parents grows up and becomes bitter and jaded.

And it's made worse when you find out what happened to Tom Pittman.

quote:

On October 31, 1958, Pittman was driving home after a Halloween party when he ran his Porsche Spyder off the road at a sharp curve in the Hollywood Hills. After he failed to return home, his father filed a missing persons report. On November 19, Los Angeles police officer, Roy Kerton, retraced the roads Pittman's father said his son liked to drive and found the wreckage at the bottom of a 150-foot ravine. Pittman's car had crashed through the guard rail, landed at the bottom of the ravine where it remained out of sight.

Mangled corpse lying in a ravine for almost three weeks.

:stare:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Watah

Thoisty

Sick man

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

drink Night Train

go to the basketball game

throw up under the bleachers...

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
"That's when the policeman chased me out from under the bleachers....asked me what I was doin' under there...."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Artsygrrl posted:

"That's when the policeman chased me out from under the bleachers....asked me what I was doin' under there...."

Don't worry, we've had him put down. :v:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So it turns out you can get the Space Mutiny soundtrack on iTunes...the first track being "Love theme from space mutiny".

Because of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
This band will be appearing at the Bombay Bicycle Club later this week. :v: