Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hey guys I just want to casually let you all know I OC'd my 220W Piledriver to 5GHz with a custom $200 cooler, now I can chill on the 'net and tell you all about how I don't really care about CPU performance and am satisfied with 30fps :smuggo:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

She looks like tanned leather wrapped around a skeleton.

As a skeleton??? I find this an affront.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MeLKoR posted:

With the billions of subsumption NPCs it wouldn't surprise me if such intricate plots arose spontaneously just by a combination of different NPC motivations. That's why I got the news reporting ship, I intent to be a sort of Nightcrawler, hanging around the worst parts of each planet and trying to find interesting stuff and make a living as a documentary director. Those should fetch a great price, luxury transports will want exclusive stuff to keep their passengers entertained.

Think about all the drama we will miss because only other NPC's were there to witness these events. CIG should record everything that happened and 90% of the news can be covered by other NPC's. I get my wallet out just thinking about it!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lol WoW requiring more "skill" than Halo.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sandweed posted:

Lol WoW requiring more "skill" than Halo.

I think this was originally and EVE graph and all the other lines were other MMO's

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Fatkraken posted:

I think this was originally and EVE graph and all the other lines were other MMO's
Yeah, and it was pretty accurate too.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mirificus posted:

cognitive dissonance.txt

lol

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Thank you friends! I'm no high profile anime artist I'm afraid, but it's what I kicked out in a night of craziness.

I've got at least one more idea in the theme I might do, but I have little faith in my comic book skills.

It's just an alpha guys.

they were great commando - please do more o7

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

either he is stoned as hell, or he is stoned as hell lmao.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Raised by Hamsters posted:

It's more than that even - Just in that first question, he veers all over the place, starting with "the jungle planet, the ice planet", then realizes that's a bit one dimensional and boring, so he says it will be more than that. They'll have magic zones! Where you need the right magic boots, or you can't go there. Yes. But wait! Hand-wavy junior here goes on about all the great tools they have to sculpt entire planets by hand, as if that were remotely plausible. Chris reminds us that planets are real big guys. Just think about how long it's taken us to explore earth, and we're going to have 100 systems!

Keep feeding those ~dreams~, Chris, they need more bullshit to thrive!

every single thing they do, it always like this.
I have never once hear them say " we've completed this " or this is done.
its always going to, planning to.

And for the love of god, I don't get how shitizens still haven't noticed this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Interest in 2.6 is fading.

25 bug reports in last 24 hours.

From what I understand SQ42 doesn't work at all and work hasn't really started on 3.0.

Gamescom is in August, so given past history don't expect a major patch before then. I dunno if they'll make to August given the numbers of senior staff leaving and the start of the rumoured lay offs.

Please be nice to moma during this difficult time.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Derek strollin'

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You should watch the townhall. Theres clearly a plan in place.

I think you flew too close to the sun on this one SurfaceDetail

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

The Titanic posted:

As promised! lovely programmer art incoming.

:prepop:

That's beautiful

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

AP posted:

Interest in 2.6 is fading.

25 bug reports in last 24 hours.

From what I understand SQ42 doesn't work at all and work hasn't really started on 3.0.

Gamescom is in August, so given past history don't expect a major patch before then. I dunno if they'll make to August given the numbers of senior staff leaving and the start of the rumoured lay offs.

Please be nice to moma during this difficult time.

Their current plan should indeed be to have something significant ready by August. Typically this could be a fake demo/ doubtful gameplay like last year (which albeit fake, achieved its goal and got everyone and their dog excited). So they would just put in crunch time (like they seem to do) for an isolated demo.

However, fingers crossed, this scammy technique had its last good run last year and can no longer fly with most of the backers. In spite of the most stubborn shills efforts to spin this somehow. CIG probably has figured that out already or will be very soon.

So, bottom line, I expect more interesting ways for them to disappoint and fail this year.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I'm so sorry. I have no idea.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Also, did you know Roberts makes a surprising number of strange hand gestures, even in just one sitting?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
slowly getting the hang of elite. starting to like it. Is horizons worth the $$?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

intardnation posted:

slowly getting the hang of elite. starting to like it. Is horizons worth the $$?

I think it's a tough call since the price tag is rather high. Planetary landings are impressive as hell and it's fun to play though.

Basically, I bought it and I don't regret it because I'm happy to fund the further development of the game. If you're enjoying the game currently, it adds a bunch of extra interesting stuff.

Is multi-crew included in the horizons update? I forget, but if it is then perhaps the price is more reasonable because that stuff will really change how the game plays.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Dolvak is utterly terrified of being branded a "traitor" the same way he used to chase Beer around as one, so that response is hardly a shock. I wonder if he can find some way to back down out of that, like he used to whenever he'd go for Beer and get asked to post proof.

Sillybones posted:

I have an idea, and that idea is that this is jawesome.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Titanic posted:

As promised! lovely programmer art incoming.

Excellent!
Needs a 'Here be Sand Wyrms' on a corner somewhere.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

Thread has talent :golfclap:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

You should spend all the money you save skimping on quality components to spend on 144hz IPS panels so that you can really experience the input delays.

He says nobody can tell the difference over 60 FPS, but also you should invest in a 144Hz panel?

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Sillybones posted:

Awesome!

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Say some more nice things about him Derek, I want to see if his head explodes.

Compliment him on seeing your point of view, maybe

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You should watch the townhall. Theres clearly a plan in place.

Yes, and that plan is "obfuscate as much as possible, avoid answering difficult questions and hope that the less intelligent amongst our backers keep throwing money at us"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sillybones posted:

Wonderful and accurate.

The art in this thread can be so good.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Sillybones posted:

Perfect.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

use tiles. Also find some kind of tutorial or something, last time I played was like three years ago and I can't figure out what the gently caress i'm doing. Pretty sure everyone's been sleeping in the snow for three months.

Yeah I tried watching youtube tutorials but they all make me want to die, i'll figure it out someday.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sillybones posted:

Wow, much jealousy from moi. :five:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sillybones posted:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Dongsturm posted:

Say some more nice things about him Derek, I want to see if his head explodes.

Compliment him on seeing your point of view, maybe

That is a weird response to a compliment.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mu77ley posted:

Yes, and that plan is "obfuscate as much as possible, avoid answering difficult questions and hope that the less intelligent amongst our backers keep throwing money at us"

Whenever I watch things withTony Z in it. It reassures me knowing someone who knows his craft is on board putting Chris's vision in place. I honestly don't know how anyone can watch that whole thing and not feel the project is in a good place. these are the high level guys.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 18, 2017

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sillybones posted:

:five:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Chalks posted:

I think it's a tough call since the price tag is rather high. Planetary landings are impressive as hell and it's fun to play though.

Basically, I bought it and I don't regret it because I'm happy to fund the further development of the game. If you're enjoying the game currently, it adds a bunch of extra interesting stuff.

Is multi-crew included in the horizons update? I forget, but if it is then perhaps the price is more reasonable because that stuff will really change how the game plays.

It doesnt look like it is. Since I am just getting going I will hold off for a bit. Hopefully a sale will pop up in between if not if I am still enjoying it I will most likely get it.
There isnt any point since I barely have a 6 hours.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Sillybones posted:

So we've already peaked?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

So we've already peaked?

there's always more.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sillybones posted:

yes, all of this ^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Whenever I watch things withTony Z in it. It reassures me knowing someone who knows his craft is on board putting Chris's vision in place. I honestly don't know how anyone can watch that whole thing and not feel the project is in a good place. these are the high level guys.

his craft is scamming people. someone will seriously respond to the above. Hello.

the payoff is 3/5 man, all that time for this?

:sad:

at least you tried