Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Breath Ray posted:

Please don't doxx kcer

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
If Ipswich announced that McCarthy and the team would be summarily executed on the halfway line; I would watch from the stands, nodding sagely while muttering to myself "it's harsh... But fair".

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Not sure you'd get a better manager than Big Mick with the resources you've got my Suffolk chum.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Speaking of fair we were completely dominated by Huddersfield but we still did the double over them running out 2-0 winners with our pint sized Scot Robert 'tha Bruce' wallace scoring the goal of the season to break huds hearts.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely

Breath Ray posted:

Robert 'tha Bruce' Wallace
Lolz.

He's had a weird year. I just want this team to start being consistent.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Um we're 5 points clear of 7th so I'm looking forward to beating huds again then Leeds on our way back to the prem

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Blue Star Error posted:

Not sure you'd get a better manager than Big Mick with the resources you've got my Suffolk chum.

Normally I would agree with you if Big Mick was trying and had his heart in it, but unfortunately being in Ipswich longer than a pregnancy term apparently drains all your life force and turns you in to a broken husk of a football manager [see appendix A].

It’s not that I think we should be chasing promotion or be drastically better because this squad is one of… actually come to think of it, it might just be the worst squad in our history. Far worse than that one season George Burley lost his goddamn mind (love you George, please come back I wanted you back instead of Jewell), and as far I know the teams between the Robson and Lyall eras were comparatively competitive. While Mick has made some dodgy personnel decisions in contribution, he can’t really take much blame given the utterly dire situation the club is in.

The problem is that there is a difference between players having instructions and being too poo poo to carry them out; and players not having any instructions at all and also being too poo poo which is the worst of all worlds. I suppose you could argue there is no point giving them instructions if they can’t do it which… fair point, but at least it shows the coaches trying. Mick’s given up.

Appendix A:

Allow your mind to be cast back over an ocean of managerial appointments you probably thought were some kind of fever dream and try to recall what happened to the following sequence of men (all the appointments following Burely’s tenure omitting temps):

Joe Royal - I can only assume taken by aliens, career killed
Jim Magilton - Went mad, went to QPR, sort of assaulted a player or something, ran to Ireland, career killed
Roy Keane - Went mad, ran to Ireland (theme!?!?)
Paul Jewell - Went mad, career killed
Mick McCarthy - Currently going mad

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'd completely forgotten about Jim Magilton managing us until now. That was in the Briatore/Ecclestonr period where we changed managers on a weekly basis.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Paul Jewell was ruined after that sex tape tbh

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Make shift team out tonight.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

We're gunna smash barnsley as we continue our march to the automatic spots

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Can't help but think we'd get better results if we stopped missing penalties and giving away stupid goals.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa bossing the game

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Lol loving hell that was close

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Darlow :staredog:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Lmao darlow you wonderful idiot

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Get in great goal

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Nifty goal that

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Yedlin is great, he's so loving quick

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Lovely stuff

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Sammy ameobi lives

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Up the Tykes.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
:siren: OUTFIELD PLAYER IN GOAL OUTFIELD PLAYER IN GOAL :siren:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

:siren: OUTFIELD PLAYER COULD NOT SAVE PENALTY :siren:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Derby valiantly battle against a ragtag band of stewards that appear to have wandered onto the pitch.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I am going to strangle Steve Bruce with my bare hands

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

credit to Rotherham they didn't quit, but Ritchie owns

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Al2001 posted:

Where is Sammy Ameobi? Is his asthma under control yet?

Knew he'd be back. As an unambitious, asthmatic man I have a lot of time for big sammy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Big Daryl Murphy owns

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Good to see Sterry have a run out imo

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Wazzerphuk posted:

Can't help but think we'd get better results if we stopped missing penalties and giving away stupid goals.

How about missing pens and getting two players sent off? http://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/10736503/brighton-2-1-sheffield-wednesday

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Leeds chokers.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ross McCormack is done at Villa.

He didn't bother turning up for training this week because the gates to his house were stuck closed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

some good slapstick in the newcastle match

https://twitter.com/NewcastleGoals/status/822858296046583810

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

Ross McCormack is done at Villa.

He didn't bother turning up for training this week because the gates to his house were stuck closed.
Fat oval office. Hope we get him done for breach of contract and can be rid of him.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

Wazzerphuk posted:

I'M MELTING DOWN HERE

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Is that 7 out of 8 penalties? Thats some hoodoo poo poo right there.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
So many of our last penalties have been missed and scored on the rebound, insanely good imo also I love al Habsi and would give him my pork even if it's forbidden

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if reading win their next 2 matches they'll be 2 points away from newcastle without newcastle having played a game this is bad imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Is that 7 out of 8 penalties? Thats some hoodoo poo poo right there.

8 out of 10 missed in all competitions apparently, it's cost us about 10 points and a decent cup run. It's a load of different players too, not like it's just Martin's fault. I'm real mad.

• Locked thread