Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Haha. When did you associate that with him?

I think it was brought up a loooooooooong time ago in the post the best art/ugly art whatever thread and I guess that panel must have gotten posted around the time people were discussing Kieth and my brain must have combined the two things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Howard Chaykin is awesome like 85% of the time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh my God, it is almost literally that scene from Deadpool.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

purple death ray posted:

Howard Chaykin was awesome in like '85 at the time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
In a couple months, my Dad is remodeling his upstairs. This means all my comics from about '88-'94 will be coming back to me. I am so excited to get all those Image #1's that I'm sure are worth thousands of dollars now, not to mention my two dozen copies of every X-Men #1 cover!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well poo poo. Everyone at work is worried about me so I got put on a mental health leave today and they want me to go see a therapist if possible.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Well poo poo. Everyone at work is worried about me so I got put on a mental health leave today and they want me to go see a therapist if possible.

Yeah you should probably do that dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Yeah you should probably do that dude.

I know. I'm just not a big fan of opening up to strangers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's probably why everyone is worried about you.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Neither am I. It'll get easier as it goes, though, if it's a good one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

That's probably why everyone is worried about you.

I'm talking to my friends plenty, I guess what I'm saying is horrifying them?

My boss called from their business trip to see how I was doing (viewing was yesterday). I was honest, I am not doing well at all and I had the worst nightmare I can recall in my entire life last night. So they got worried, called all my coworkers and they rallied to fill my shifts this week so I can have some time to try and sort this out. Which honestly I'm not too happy about, I'm worried about getting lost in my own thoughts.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

I'm talking to my friends plenty, I guess what I'm saying is horrifying them?

My boss called from their business trip to see how I was doing (viewing was yesterday). I was honest, I am not doing well at all and I had the worst nightmare I can recall in my entire life last night. So they got worried, called all my coworkers and they rallied to fill my shifts this week so I can have some time to try and sort this out. Which honestly I'm not too happy about, I'm worried about getting lost in my own thoughts.
I think it sounds like a very good idea for you to talk to a doctor, then.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A few years ago I had a work friend die in a fairly horrible way, and while I wasn't particularly close to them it was quite affecting because that had really been my choice, and it wasn't until speaking to a professional that I figured out that I was feeling guilty about it. There's a lot to be said for the stabilising normalcy of just getting back into things in the wake of a loss, but it sounds like you're having trouble processing it, and either confronting it yourself or having a professional help you surface and/or confront the unresolved issues you have with her passing may make it easier to accept.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I'm not dealing with it well at all. The viewing was so painful and the image of her body in the coffin is burned into my brain.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Go to a loving doctor, man.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've tried therapy at various low points in my life, but never had any luck. I'm generally skeptical of the whole thing.

But everything you say is worrisome. I think you could actually benefit from it. You're a good person who is suffering a lot, and you shouldn't have to feel this way. It could help immensely, and I encourage you to give it a fair chance.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The most difficult part of therapy is finding a therapist who works for you. At the end of the day, it is like any other relationship: some people will be a better fit for you than others, and some won't work out at all. The second most difficult part is being honest with not only the therapist, but with yourself.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Just imagine you're talking to this thread. Maybe they'll help you get to the bottom of why you hate Agents of SHIELD so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Just imagine you're talking to this thread. Maybe they'll help you get to the bottom of why you hate Agents of SHIELD so much.

That's seriously gonna take like 20 years of therapy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh, well the answer is because it's a poorly written mess of a show that doesn't hold up well as an adaptation of the comics or a companion piece to the movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

Oh, well the answer is because it's a poorly written mess of a show that doesn't hold up well as an adaptation of the comics or a companion piece to the movies.

Nah, it probably has something to do with my mother.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's because it's bad, OP.

I'm probably going to the Women's March on Saturday and realized the only pink thing I own is a BRIMPER shirt and I don't think I want to be explaining that in the middle of a women's march.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Endless Mike posted:

It's because it's bad, OP.

I'm probably going to the Women's March on Saturday and realized the only pink thing I own is a BRIMPER shirt and I don't think I want to be explaining that in the middle of a women's march.

This is the only pink article of clothing I own, so I'm right there with ya.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Rhyno dude, I highly encourage you to seek out a therapist. I didn't after my father died and it cost me a marriage (granted she was a mean-spirited person and there were other issues there, but it was a big cause). Losses of this magnitude can really gently caress a person up. A good therapist will be a safe place for you where you can vent and rage and do whatever without it costing you a job, or friendships. Plus the therapist may write you a script for something to help, lexapro/celexa/etc. I'm not saying drugs are the answer, but they've helped me. That and therapy got me to a good place and my life is so much better for it. I have a great job that I love and an amazing wife who supports me and doesn't judge any of my hobbies/interests...such as comic books. I don't know you too well, but if you are ever in Indy and want to get a beer, I'm available. You can also PM me at any time dude.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If anyone's noticed that I don't throw tantrums over people disagreeing with me about Spider-man or whatever in the last 5 years, it's because I've been seeing a therapist and taking medication. Rhyno, you really should do it. It can honestly do no harm and is likely to do you more good than you think. Sometimes we think we're doing bad but we're actually doing even worse, and therapy can help us see that, and see that the solutions are much simpler than we think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and concerns. I should clarify that I am not depressed. I am just incredibly upset that my once very close friend was so violently taken from this world. I might be slightly traumatized from seeing her in the coffin as well. My girlfriend has set up a time with her therapist for next week so maybe I can sort out some of these mental issues.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and concerns. I should clarify that I am not depressed. I am just incredibly upset that my once very close friend was so violently taken from this world. I might be slightly traumatized from seeing her in the coffin as well. My girlfriend has set up a time with her therapist for next week so maybe I can sort out some of these mental issues.

Definitely worth it and I recommend talking to your friends/family (if you are close to them) as well. Just talk.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad to hear it. This is a big, important step and no matter what happens, do not downplay the strength it took to actually seek help. My bff of almost thirty years might still be alive if I had pushed him to get help.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

You may not be depressed now, but if you don't find a way to let your emotions out in a healthy way, it can fester and become depression down the road. That's what happened with me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More than anything I want vengeance closure. If they find the killer it would be easier to find peace with this.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So, Humble Bundle has an absolutely loving massive Image bundle on sale now.

A friend of mine was asking about starting to buy some comic books, possibly regularly, quite recently. I feel like pointing them at this and saying 'Wicked+Divine, Saga, and East of West are all ones I know are great and are worth 20$ on their own' is a good place to start and find their particular tastes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

KaosMachina posted:

So, Humble Bundle has an absolutely loving massive Image bundle on sale now.

A friend of mine was asking about starting to buy some comic books, possibly regularly, quite recently. I feel like pointing them at this and saying 'Wicked+Divine, Saga, and East of West are all ones I know are great and are worth 20$ on their own' is a good place to start and find their particular tastes.

Where's Batman and Spider-man? This sale is bullshit.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Lurdiak posted:

Where's Batman and Spider-man? This sale is bullshit.

I already suggested 'tec to them if they want Batman stuff, actually.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

KaosMachina posted:

Speaking of Night Thrasher, that Contest of Champions miniseries was better than it had any right to be. And set up a bunch of potential stuff (Outlaw's new thing, a new super-hero team, entirely new French Female Superhero, loving Ares literally getting yanked out of his happy afterlife to come back to Earth) that I'm sad isn't ever going to get referenced, except maybe some small thing years from now.

So I immediately thought of this post when i saw this image in USAvengers with presumably a future Guillotine

She seemed like a cool character i hope ewing can drop her in somewhere in the more present tense

site fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 19, 2017

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Is US Avengers as ridiculous as it looks and sounds? Like, in a good way

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Scaramouche posted:

Is US Avengers as ridiculous as it looks and sounds? Like, in a good way

Did you read Ewing's New Avengers?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Personally i think im in the forum minority when i say ive never really cared about the actual storyline in na/usavengers but i continue reading because yeah ewing has managed to put in enough funny crazy stuff that it makes it worth the while

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So Civil War II stuff is hitting Unlimited and it's bad enough that I'm starting to flat out skip a bunch of my regular titles. Just reminds me that Civil War I at least had the Thing moving to France arc, which kicks rear end from start to finish

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Did you read Ewing's New Avengers?
And if not, why not? It was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://twitter.com/TrueEgAl/status/821921317817446400

https://twitter.com/SAOccupation/status/822219630437466112

https://twitter.com/TrueEgAl/status/822220566530658304

https://twitter.com/SAOccupation/status/822221369622478851