Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its called yakuza "0"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Yakuza kind of looks like those chinese CGI reenactments of current events.
It's often awesome in similar ways, yes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

its called yakuza "0"
Yeah and its called Metal Gear Solid V("vee"), also

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hello, Chicken. Your name will be "Nugget."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SLOSifl posted:

A prominent female character is a teenage sex drawing

I still hold that Quiet's cell is a fistful of single dollar bills away from being a stripclub, 80's music and all.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
I played The Witcher 3 tonight because I bought the season pass after loving the game on first play through. It's been a while since I last played.

God, I forgot how awesome it is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mrbass21 posted:

I played The Witcher 3 tonight because I bought the season pass after loving the game on first play through. It's been a while since I last played.

God, I forgot how awesome it is.
I had it on disc long ago on the PS4, then sold it at some point, and bought it on the PC to get better performance. Has the performance of the PS4 version improved at all in the last year or so?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh my godddddddddd

See this is exactly what I was talking about when I asked is the game funny cos this scene is hilarious to me.

Super No Vacancy posted:

its called yakuza "0"

They Called the Sixteenth (?) Yakuza Game Yakuza 0

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yakuza 0 is now a way more urgent purchase for me. I think it's gonna be my breather game between RE7 sessions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If any Ausgoons have been waiting for a price drop on World of Final Fantasy, Big W's got it for $40AU.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Patch finally fixed WoFF's graphics on the pro too, for those concerned. It looks solid now.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Pierson posted:

Thanks for the tips guys, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a new Slim, if only so I don't get some janky dusty piece of poo poo off eBay.

If there is a single must-have PS4-exclusive story-based game of any genre at all (except MMO) which would you say that was? Uncharted seems to require a big investment in the entire series to get the most from it, Last of Us seems to be the general recommendation.

Does it have to be exclusive because Rise of the tomb raider is my recommendation. In terms of exclusives last of us or infamous second son would be best place to start.

Mr President fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 18, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't play Rise of the Tomb Raider if you're interested in the story, it's dire.

Yakuza 0 in a few days is your best bet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Amazon have Yakuza €20 cheaper than GameStop 🤔🤔🤔

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't play Rise of the Tomb Raider if you're interested in the story, it's dire.

Yakuza 0 in a few days is your best bet.

Still better than the original Tomb Raider's, at least.

Oh hey, we found one of the people on the boat who we know nothing about and are supposed to care for.

:commissar:

Oh hey, we found another one of the people on the boat who we know nothing about and are supposed to care for.

:commissar:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I preferred the original reboots since it had a character I actually cared about (Sam) and wasn't intensely boring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just quotin' this for a new page cos I've watched it about ten times today. It's like something Adult Swim would produce.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just quotin' this for a new page cos I've watched it about ten times today. It's like something Adult Swim would produce.

I'll be honest. The first thing that popped into my head in this sequence was Xavier: Renegade Angel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'll be honest. The first thing that popped into my head in this sequence was Xavier: Renegade Angel.

Hahah! Yes! Me too.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

ImpactVector posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for couch co-op games? Preferably ones that either aren't also on Steam or at least have more stuff or play better on the PS4.

I can't believe no one mentioned it, but play Chariot with your loved one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Haha oh gently caress Sega is finally translating the big swooshy Japanese text before fights?! Yes!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah

Policenaut posted:

Haha oh gently caress Sega is finally translating the big swooshy Japanese text before fights?! Yes!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Mr President posted:

Does it have to be exclusive because Rise of the tomb raider is my recommendation. In terms of exclusives last of us or infamous second son would be best place to start.
I have Rise on PC already and yeah agreeing that the game is good (so long as you just wanted More Tomb Raider) but the story was pretty yeesh.

Anyway my console arrived and I just got it updated and I'm downloading some stuff now (Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Destiny (pleasantly surprised that thing has a demo, I've always been interested in it)). Played Bloodborne for a few seconds and wahay it's more Souls right down to the same character animations they've been using for three games now, but I love Souls so whatever.

I'm annoyed how I need to pay the equivalent of a full-price game just for online options but I guess PS+ only needs to give me like two games I actually care about and it'll make up for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXIlzYBbJE

Game looks great.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Valkyria Chronicles is also good, clean fun. Just remember that your final score for any given mission is primarily based on time, not tactical acumen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nioh is meant to be brutally hard, right? Like it's a game that most people probably won't ever finish?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nioh is really looking good. I want to see what I can get from getting it retail vs digital. I own bloodborne GOTY retail because it came out with the console but I will trade it back as soon as the complete edition hits 20€ on PSN during a sale (or becomes a PSN+ game).

I said come in! posted:

Nioh is meant to be brutally hard, right? Like it's a game that most people probably won't ever finish?

It's surprising the amount of people that never finished a single dark souls game just by tracking the achievements either on steam or PSN. Sure they're hard but not bullshit hard like a lot of the 8 and 16-bit era games.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 18, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

I preferred the original reboots since it had a character I actually cared about (Sam) and wasn't intensely boring.

TR2013 had a really breezy story and a fair amount of humor that matched the breakneck pace of all the set pieces. Despite the gritty reboot angle, it really didn't take itself too seriously. Rise has much better gameplay all around, but the story is kind of one-note and a huge downer.

I still loved Rise of the Tomb Raider though and it gives me that same feeling I had looking through previews of Quake 3 Arena in Game Informer in 1999 and thinking "man, graphics will never get any better than this."

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I said come in! posted:

Yes, it's a tough game, even for Soulsborne veterans. A lot of people will finish it but I can imagine a lot of people being put off within the first hour of play and never touching it again.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

It's difficult but not to that degree.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played a bit of Gravity Rush 2 and it starts out really, really good and fun. Also while it still has harsh colors like its predecessor sometimes, the color use is more balanced between the sky and the landscape now.

Also it's just nice.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Eurogamer also stated that the demo version of GR2 was a lot rougher compared to the final product performance-wise, so that's nice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

Eurogamer also stated that the demo version of GR2 was a lot rougher compared to the final product performance-wise, so that's nice.

They also fixed the gravity kick targeting from the demo and first game, it's a lot better about actually tracking your target and landing the blow instead of just missing by a narrow margin. Throwing poo poo is a whole lot more viable too, especially the new Special Attack that lets you charge up a shot and send it ricocheting off multiple Nevi cores (regardless of whether they're all in the one Nevi or scattered among multiple smaller ones).

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
MGSV lets you run around in a mech strapping animals to balloons to make fat $$ while "she blinded me with science" blares from Snake's cassette player. what more could you want?

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Also you can clear entire missions by rocket punching dudes in the dick or dropping boxes on them from 10000 feet.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I just upgraded my hard drive and am going through the process of redownloading my games. Before I switched out the hard drive though I put all my old screenshots/captured video onto a USB stick. Is there any way to get it all back onto the new hard drive?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

You've heard a load of poo poo. You can assign the face buttons to the second stick.
But it controls like poo poo because it's digital movement applied to an analogue stick. Like Portable Ops you can have analogue movement or aiming, but not both.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I don't understand why people complain about the story in tomb Raider. It's not that much better or worse than the first one. It's just an excuse to have you Explorer a place and get into combat and stealth situations. Mechanically they're both pretty good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah I don't understand why people complain about the story in tomb Raider. It's not that much better or worse than the first one. It's just an excuse to have you Explorer a place and get into combat and stealth situations. Mechanically they're both pretty good games.

I will complain about the story in Uncharted 4 because it's boring. I wasn't really a fan. I'm just about done with it but I've already started UC1 and I like it better.

I've never played a Yakuza game. I'd like to. What's the best option for me? Buy the new one? Is there a cheaper but still dope one on PSN?