Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got Steiner's BSB. I already had both of his SSB's and another unique SB for him. When do we get his third MC???

I also got Ley Lines which looks pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Eh, pretty much a good-but-also-bad-pull. Just a bunch of statsticks I didn't need. The +wind on the daggers would come in handy at least, but they'll always have kinda low attack. :shrug:

Hella jealous about all you people pulling multiple BSB's from this again.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

U-DO Burger posted:

It may be nothing game changing for you, but medicas from different realms makes CMs much more doable, so at least there's that?

I've got all three of those medica SSBs, Yuffie's medica SB, Lenna's SB, Yuna's SB, Y'shtola's SB, Relm's SSB, Ovelia's SSB, and Vanille's BSB, and holy poo poo am I grateful for them once an event for those realms shows up. I couldn't do the CM for this FFIX event mostly because I lacked a medica.

Yeah, I admit, it could be a lot worse. FF8 is my worst synergy probably, too. Still disappointing given banner quality and a nasty 1/11 streak.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Attestant posted:

Eh, pretty much a good-but-also-bad-pull. Just a bunch of statsticks I didn't need. The +wind on the daggers would come in handy at least, but they'll always have kinda low attack. :shrug:

Air Knives are great for any Dash and Slash user. The potency and element boost makes up for the ATK. You can also pump it with augments to make it a bit better.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Huh I got the Kuja BSB from this. The next tyro choice has his en-dark too right? Is that overkill

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I think I stand a good chance at doing this torment since while my synergy overall is weak, I do have Tidus's OSB.

I'm kind of more worried about getting through the trash. I was thinking of something like Tidus (OSB), Cid and Maria with their BSBs for trash clearing, and then Yuna with her miracle veil and Y'shtola with her BSB.

That leaves me with no breakdowns though which seems like an awful idea.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got The Ogre and Twin Lance from my lucky draw. Happy about the former, it's an imperil wind for Luneth (and hopefully Fang when the next XIII event rolls around) and another IX physical weapon which I seriously needed. The latter is outdated and I already have VIII swords coming out of my ears, but what are you gonna do. Now I can shove my Blitz Sword into the vault, I guess.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Attestant posted:

the Air Knives are pretty interesting. They can provide a hastega for XIV if you care about Cid Missions, synergize very well with Dash & Slash, and they have a solid amount of magic on them. Since they are daggers, anyone can wield them. Including Ninjas, who have at least 1 wind skill with more on the way, and who value percentage based damage increases due to how incredibly low the ninja magic softcap is. Ninja magic is only going to increase in value as resistance keeps creeping up; especially now that we're getting 2-hit versions.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Only went 1/11 but it was Freyas burst! Gonna put her on my team with fangs burst and jump sky high! Im really happy to get more bursts too, I've finally started to have to choose what burst user to take with me in fights.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Combo posted:

I think I stand a good chance at doing this torment since while my synergy overall is weak, I do have Tidus's OSB.

I'm kind of more worried about getting through the trash. I was thinking of something like Tidus (OSB), Cid and Maria with their BSBs for trash clearing, and then Yuna with her miracle veil and Y'shtola with her BSB.

Does Y'shtola have Wall as well? If so, maybe RW something like Wakka BSB on Tidus for the boss fight to give him something to do between OSB casts instead of just spamming Sapphire Shot or Lifesiphon.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Combo posted:

Having a Tauntaliator was super helpful for the last torment dungeon's trash, if that's an option for you.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Not bad, I continue to luck into having all of Agrias' toys, and also I have another magic BSB :toot:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Ugh, dupe machine gun and dupe almasy revolver.

Still should have enough for summoners banner, just one more offensive BSB is all I need

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I really need more BSBs :eng99:

Pulled Quistis' Mighty Guard and Quina's Boostga hairpin, neither of which are exciting.

Definitely going to make some attempts on the torment dungeon, I don't want to miss these 6* motes again. I barely squeaked by the last one, hopefully this one is easier.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

victrix posted:

Pulled Quistis' Mighty Guard and Quina's Boostga hairpin, neither of which are exciting.

Definitely going to make some attempts on the torment dungeon, I don't want to miss these 6* motes again. I barely squeaked by the last one, hopefully this one is easier.

The torments (including the FFV one) will return starting from the next one (FFVII). They won't be missable.

Also pulled through D200 with a physical team a couple days ago, thanks to triple-stacking ATK/MAG and quadruple-stacking DEF breakdowns. Not sure I can do that for D250 though, Auron and Beatrix were running on fumes by the end of it. Pushing ATK/MAG debuffs to the cap would be nice but my only ATK/MAG break is on Mog, who's an otherwise subpar option here. I could run Cloud/Luneth to help with the trash, or Alphinaud to Break the bulky trash and make better use of OK RW.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really can't complain.

Refia is gonna be happy.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

Does Y'shtola have Wall as well? If so, maybe RW something like Wakka BSB on Tidus for the boss fight to give him something to do between OSB casts instead of just spamming Sapphire Shot or Lifesiphon.

Yep, have wall for her as well.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I pulled garnet's faithga ssb, and zell's combat king ssb! I also got a second copy of seifer's reverse zantetsuken, and since I have a gently caress ton of ffviii swords that will become a nice combine.

It'll be nice to have a good damaging sb for zell to bust out while he's chain-full charging. And now I can combine my two generc ffviii fists, which is cool too. Garnet's faithga is sweet, but I'll still end up bringing edea on my a-team. Sure her faithga is weaker, but it's the only hastega that I can make good use of without loving up my general team comp.

So for ffix, I now have a cura-medica + hastega, a shout level boostga and a drat good faithga + shield thing. Now if only I had more than one mage weapon, sadly garnet, vivi and kuja will have to fight over it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11. Tin Armor and my 3rd Platinum Sword.

I actually did want Tin Armor for a fire team, as now I have 2 sources of fire imperil and 2 decent fire bsb's. Still, looking at some of the draws you guys got, I can't help but feel I wasn't that lucky.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

victrix posted:

Get excited about that hairpin. It's the only +Water damage armor in the game IIRC. And guess what element is gonna be real helpful on the newest Torment dungeon?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Garland and Raijin are :gibs: as hell in the dungeon updates, pack protectga + wall + possibly even raise effects

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
2/11, dupe Bismarck, Freya's Coat.

uh, well, I guess the coat is nice for stats?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
2/11. Defender (FFT) (Dupe) and Zidane's Vest.

So if I have a character that has both an Enwind SB and an Imperil Wind SB, what's the optimal order to fire those off in, or does it matter?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Installed this game for basically the first time and wow it really doesn't stagger its stuff out or anything, it's pretty daunting. The OP does help a lot.

I unlocked Zidane and Freya, so it's all good. Hoping I get some more FFIX characters before the event is over, and before I actually start making any actual decisions. :v:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Huh I got the Kuja BSB from this. The next tyro choice has his en-dark too right? Is that overkill
I also pulled Kuja's BSB. A mage meta post I found on Reddit says "Kuja's BSB gives imperil dark, and if he is doomed, his commands outdamage en-element BSB commands." so the enDark probably isn't necessary.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

W.T. Fits posted:

2/11. Defender (FFT) (Dupe) and Zidane's Vest.

So if I have a character that has both an Enwind SB and an Imperil Wind SB, what's the optimal order to fire those off in, or does it matter?

Off the top of my head math, if you're building up two bars before using them then I would fire off the Enwind first so your Imperil Wind (which I assume is Stellar Circle 5) has the +80% bonus Enwind grants SBs, you'd get more damage from that than you would the +20% Imperil's weakness gives you... but the problem I'm seeing here is, if that's your game plan, how are you taking advantage of your Imperil and BSB at all? How do you build up to two bars fast enough for that combo and then abuse having Enwind on an Imperiled enemy? Please report with findings because my sense of it is that being your own Imperiler is not feasible.

Anyway, since everyone who was excited about their Lucky Draw pull already posted, I might as well get mine out of my system: 1/11 Ehrgeiz. That thing looks like his BSB fist. That's hosed up! It should not be a red glove anymore, I thought I hit paydirt for a second there but alas, it was not so. Silver lining: it's my fourth SB for VIII and I was planning on grabbing either Zell's or Sabin's level 99 RM for Refia anyway so now I have a good excuse to do it. Also realm synergy and all that blah blah blah. Still, though, that's a pretty big crap out and my worst yield on a Lucky Draw banner in quite some time.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

1/11 Red Scorpion for Quistis. I already have her BSB and building up charge is hard enough for one bar, let alone two, unless I do wrath shenanigans. :(

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

bilperkins2 posted:

1/11 Red Scorpion for Quistis. I already have her BSB and building up charge is hard enough for one bar, let alone two, unless I do wrath shenanigans. :(

Wrath on quistis is sweet. I pretty much run her using only her bsb for damage. Two uses of wrath on an aoe heavy boss means she'll keep that poo poo up without too much wrath usage. Her ssb is a really sweet buff, I'd consider using it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I now have Riona's OSB :toot: plus I also already have her Brothers En-Earth SB.

My Earth Element shenanigans continue.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I got Ramza's Burst. I always appreciate those, even when they're a little lackluster.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

bilperkins2 posted:

I had the opposite thing happen. Pulled her SSB a long time ago and correspondingly dived her up to White 4 to make her a competent healer/support. Yesterday I drew her BSB.

Well, she definitely isn't going to be healing much of anything anymore. My plan for her is to give her Wrath plus a needed support ability. Trigger the SSB first, then go into BSB and DPS away.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

McDragon posted:

I got Ramza's Burst. I always appreciate those, even when they're a little lackluster.

Ramza's burst is in such a weird place. On paper, it's not bad - a +100% DEF boost means you don't really need Wall against physical-only bosses, and command 1 is a spammable two-hit Banishing Strike. But then there's the problem that his Command 2 buffs another character's SB gauge a little more than that character would get by using a skill (+80, compared to skills being 60-70, Lifesiphon being 150, and Wrath being 180). It's okay for pushing someone over the edge, but if you're using Ramza to build gauge, you might as well give him Wrath+Entrust to do it quicker.

There's also the fact it's probably in the running for the worst of his non-default SBs next to Hail of Stones, except that's not speaking bad of Unsung Hero. Ramza's other SBs are just all stupidly good.

EDIT: For the record, his other options are: a 40% MaxHP medica + protectga on a non-healer (which can be fueled by Lifesiphon if you really need healing that bad), Shout, Stoneskin + Crit-fixing, and a stackable ATK/DEF/MAG +30% with a tacked on AoE Powerchain. The last two - his SSB2 and his USB - we won't get until the Orlandu event and the Rafa/Malak event, respectively, but still.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 18, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ramza's SSB2 isn't crit fixing (base critical rate = 50%), it's high crit (ie, +50% critical damage). On its own it's basically just party bubble because base crit rate is 3-5%.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Ramza's SSB2 isn't crit fixing (base critical rate = 50%), it's high crit (ie, +50% critical damage). On its own it's basically just party bubble because base crit rate is 3-5%.

Ah, my mistake. It's hard to tell the two apart on Enlir's databases.

That actually lowers it below Tailwind, yeah. Still better than Unsung Hero and Hail of Stones, but not by nearly as much.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thinking about it, I've got all of Ramza's relics so far. They've all come in handy at some point or another. Really, that's the thing with his Burst, his other stuff is just really useful.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

3/11 Yda BSB, Quistis BSB and Minfilia SSB.

Not shabby.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What's a good bsb to rw for the torment trash?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Can someone look over this team and help me refine it?

Thancred's BSB to Imperil Fire, Refia & Zell's BSBs to bring the fire damage, and Terra's SSB for magical fire damage and fire spells. Vanille's BSB to provide healing and carry Shellga.

Most of those 5* skills are Rank 1 or 2. What would you prioritize leveling and/or creating and swapping in if you were me?

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
I would remove terra from the team and put in a support with full breakdown / magic breakdown or power breakdown depending on the fight. Even better if your support can run a boostga (basically I'm saying ramza with shout, you want ramza with shout here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Izno posted:

I would remove terra from the team and put in a support with full breakdown / magic breakdown or power breakdown depending on the fight. Even better if your support can run a boostga (basically I'm saying ramza with shout, you want ramza with shout here)

Yeah, I've been trying to draw Shout since it came out and it hasn't happened yet :(

I could do Sazh w/ Full Break and Magic Breakdown and his SSB (which is a Boostga/Magic Blink, but no Hastega).

• Locked thread