Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
So my hard drive exploded taking my Sky Second Chapter save with it, I don't suppose anyone has a full BP save at/just after the start of chapter 2 they could post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

So my hard drive exploded taking my Sky Second Chapter save with it, I don't suppose anyone has a full BP save at/just after the start of chapter 2 they could post?

Well actually I think I do have a saved game sitting around.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25zuogCPGRWWmJHcjBmbHdQYlk/view?usp=sharing

It's on normal and I ran into plenty of shining poms in Chapter 2. Save should be the End of Chapter 2 screen.

edit: Steam saved game directory is Steam --> userdata --> youruserid ---> 251150 ---> remote ---> SC

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

havenwaters posted:

Well actually I think I do have a saved game sitting around.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25zuogCPGRWWmJHcjBmbHdQYlk/view?usp=sharing

It's on normal and I ran into plenty of shining poms in Chapter 2. Save should be the End of Chapter 2 screen.

edit: Steam saved game directory is Steam --> userdata --> youruserid ---> 251150 ---> remote ---> SC

Ah I appreciate it but I actually need one at the start of chapter 2 :)

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

Here's a different one, ought to be the end of chapter one screen unless I've done something silly.

EDIT: Crap! Just realised, you want a full-BP save? I missed two BP in the intro chapter, sorry! If you just meant full BP in FC imported though, then that save will do you fine.

EDIT2: Removed link since a better one's been posted.

smenj fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 16, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

Oh. Well that's also not hard since I've got one of those too with Full BP (ish). Slim chance you may need to do something after the chapter break but before you go to Zeiss. That may be the end of chapter 2 save instead. Also I picked to go with Agate. So that may be an issue if you chose to go with Schera.

End of Chapter 1 Full BP, Agate.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
Thanks a lot to the both of you!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Vita version summer, EX+ PS4 fall/winter.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I liked Xanadu from the little bit I played (since it was the second Vita game able to be pirated.) I'll probably wait for EX+ though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I might buy both versions to support falcom but I'm def only playing the Ex+ version

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so uh are they silently scrapping the pc version in the excitement of the ex announcement because I noticed they haven't mentioned that at all

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

so uh are they silently scrapping the pc version in the excitement of the ex announcement because I noticed they haven't mentioned that at all

They wouldn't talk about the pc version on the playstation blog.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

They wouldn't talk about the pc version on the playstation blog.

True but you think they'd at least say something on twitter to clarify what version the pc port would be.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

True but you think they'd at least say something on twitter to clarify what version the pc port would be.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aksysgames/status/821424663498616832

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh they did just in a reply. Steam is ex version

e: gah beaten

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hell yeah!!!

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I'm more interested to know if this means there's actually a possibility of cs3 getting a pc release if xseed wants to go for it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd imagine there's as much possibility as there is for the first two cs games getting pc ports. not much reason to port 3 without porting 1 and 2, even taking psnow into account

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'd imagine there's as much possibility as there is for the first two cs games getting pc ports. not much reason to port 3 without porting 1 and 2, even taking psnow into account

not really since cs3 isn't on the same platforms as 1/2 as is. Plenty of people who beat 1/2 probably don't have ps4s

that said if they port anything it should be ao

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Well both Cold Steel 1 and 2 run on PhyreEngine, which is fairly easy to port over to PC assuming you still have the source code. But I don't think Falcom cares enough to port them over to PC unless 3rd sells stupidly well. Even then, I'd rather they do a port of Ao first just so the possibility for a localization exists.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
There already is a PC port of Ao though? Saying that there isn't would be like saying that there isn't going to be a PC port of Tokyo Xanadu because it isn't going to be in Japanese and falcom would likely have to pay Aksys if they wanted to release it on their own.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Fort is saying that Falcom should backport Ao to Japanese and remove the DRM to make it easier for XSeed to localize.

But yeah, the need for that is diminished by Zero and Ao getting greenlit for Steam.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Decus posted:

There already is a PC port of Ao though? Saying that there isn't would be like saying that there isn't going to be a PC port of Tokyo Xanadu because it isn't going to be in Japanese and falcom would likely have to pay Aksys if they wanted to release it on their own.

XSEED would need to work from Joyoland's port, which would mean negotiations between them and Falcom, which means it'll take a lot of time and money. Then you factor in the typical localization costs and the effort it would take to remove the DRM from the port and then overhaul a lot of the code for badic modern conveniences because Joyoland cannot code if their life depended on it. And script of the PC version isn't in Japanese. Then factor in that XSEED is a tiny company and the target audience would be niche.

Whereas Falcom can strip the DRM themselves, make sure it works fine on modern systems, insert the original Japanese text and graphical files, hand it over to XSEED and then it would be a lot less hassle to localize it. So, yes, I'd take Falcom doing a proper, non-hosed PC port of Ao over Cold Steel 1 and 2 going to PC if you asked me to choose between the two.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
There's also the fact that regardless of the method XSEED took, Falcom would still have to do poo poo, since Joyoland doesn't have distribution rights anywhere other than China, and thus can't sell them to XSEED, and tacking on their translation to the PC version they can grab for zero effort is a lot easier on everyone than a 3 way licensing and version clusterfuck.

The fan translators benefit regardless from Joyoland greenlighting, of course, but they're only relevant if neither course of action happens.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 17, 2017

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The entirety of the process you described would need to happen regardless though? Your first and second paragraph are the same process on falcom's end? Like in paragraph one you're just describing paragraph two with added negativity because you're assuming incompetency?

In short, whether it's Falcom, XSeed, Aksys, some other third party or Joyoland themselves somebody is working from the port that already exists! Somebody is still negotiating licensing! Who does the work is still up in the air.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Speaking of Cold Steel, just got done with the Practical Exam in Chapter 3 and I'm just about to head out to Nord, though I'll do that tomorrow. I believe I have every AP up to this point, so that's going nicely.

Also enjoyed the early awkwardness and bad blood between some people. Made for a really nice atmosphere in the school now that (mostly) everyone are friends :3:

e: Also could someone please link the miniboss theme, I don't wanna search youtube for fear of spoilers

Terper fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 18, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this one? https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQnpg9Zc3_iE

or the practical exam one https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjsfGVHAqwMc

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Both, thank you, they are both very nice

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tokyo Xanadu will be japanese dub only, so sadly we won't get to hear Sean Chiplock do his best Magical Girl villain impression.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dang

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

This is the greatest of tragedies.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

Tokyo Xanadu will be japanese dub only, so sadly we won't get to hear Sean Chiplock do his best Magical Girl villain impression.

Knowing Chiplock, we probably will anyway. It'll just be on his tumblr instead.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, that's why people complain about this place.

Anyway, just got a new party member, woo :toot: RIP, Zats's friend :smith:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Nord Highlands is great. :mad:

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Supremezero posted:

Knowing Chiplock, we probably will anyway. It'll just be on his tumblr instead.

He's doing the lord's work over there.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
obscure falcom game news

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/821734237523111936

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
I’ve played Sky First & Second Chapter and I’m curious about where to go from here. Should I start Cold Steel Part I or continue waiting for Sky Third Chapter? Does Cold Steel spoil anything from Third Chapter?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the main thing that ties into 3rd a lot is a NG+ sidequest in 2, although 3rd also introduces gilliath and gives more insight into him and olivier.

I don't think you'd need to wait for 3rd, but it's also close enough by now that unless you're dying to jump into Cold Steel you may as well wait.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

play cold steel if you want to, wait if you want to wait

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have a month to finish Cold Steel 1 and 2 before my PSNow time runs out, can't afford to wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

Cake Attack posted:

the main thing that ties into 3rd a lot is a NG+ sidequest in 2, although 3rd also introduces gilliath and gives more insight into him and olivier.

I don't think you'd need to wait for 3rd, but it's also close enough by now that unless you're dying to jump into Cold Steel you may as well wait.

Thanks, I'm going to wait for 3rd. That will also lessen the time I'll have to wait between CS2 & 3.