Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gamespot is dumpster trash so it's good she left.

e: as long as we're speculating I agree it's Twitch

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Switch release is competing with goty persona 5

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

zac efron is the new hire he just announced it on leno

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Jared Rosen

emoticon posted:

"Who is GB hiring" is the pizzagate of this thread, where obsessives take minor "clues" and expand them through absurd logical contortions into near certain conclusions that happen to match whatever wishful fantasy they have in their head.
Sounds like you want to order a "New York Slice" with "pepperoni" and "cheese" duder

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 18, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Mary's going to become a Youtuber and use a hydraulic press to crush red hot knives, but every time it crushes it speeds up and activates a video of the Bee movie.

Going to be a millionaire within a week.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Switch release is competing with goty persona 5

Only way the Switch could compete is if they released P4 Golden on it as launch title. This way it's just around the same time.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The Wii U got a Persona game just last year (Tokyo Mirage Sessions), so it's not out of the question.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Why would you do this

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Please no, please don't, this image is bad and scary and bad.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Is it Dran Scankert or Dew Ryclon?

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

Exmond posted:

Shes probably going to do video game work, like consultant or artist or something that isn't marketing.

This would not be surprising. I don't know if Mary's ever actually acknowledged the realities of being a Pretty Girl in games but jesus christ is every comments section for her content a complete nightmare, it's probably real tempting to stop being so public.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, you know what, gently caress it, next week is the first release in a chain of PS4 games I want to play that would keep me occupied until May, let alone the 2016 backlog I still have to catch up on. This is just Switch-induced FOMO and Nintendo's not going to get me

yeah I mean the dream lineup of Yakuza 0 -> Persona 5 -> Yakuza Kiwami brings you to like October, easy!

e: just saw this so decided to share

https://twitter.com/unastrike/status/821643135222747137

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 18, 2017

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

drew is #1 pretty girl

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Jared Rosen

Sounds like you want to order a "New York Slice" with "pepperoni" and "cheese" duder

You sick gently caress.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What were they referring to with Dan and The Witness on the podcast? I tried the video version to see if there were any visual motions or something, but I gave up on waiting for it.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Jeff told me they are hiring this guy named "Donald Trump"

Seems like a bad idea considering his ties to Gamebomb

Teenage Fansub posted:

What were they referring to with Dan and The Witness on the podcast? I tried the video version to see if there were any visual motions or something, but I gave up on waiting for it.

He never figured out the game had environmental puzzles.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
"I'm not scientist, but I know a cat can't be alive and dead at the same time."

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rookersh posted:

I mean logically?

She's staying in San Francisco. She's going to finish the RE series, and it sounds like she's doing so in person. That prevents moving.

She's taking a job that will allow her to still do reviews for games. It's still in the games review industry.

She mentioned a boss. This takes out patreon/self run.

So looking at the SF scene we have IGN, Gamespot, and Giantbomb.

Looking at globally, in the form of work at home sites we have Waypoint and Polygon as the big two.

She's a video editor with some light on screen presence. Most of her talents would be wasted at Waypoint or Polygon, because what's the point in hiring a video editor that can't actually do your video production. She's never been a huge article person, more of an on camera/behind camera presence. This largely cuts out Polygon/Waypoint ( especially since Waypoint seems to be fully staffed right now/is still recently staffed and probably doesn't have the budget to start expanding like that in the new year. They have other priorities. ), though who knows the world is crazy sometimes.

It could be IGN but I doubt it. IGN wouldn't offer her a higher wage, and IGN isn't a dream job for anybody. It'd be on par with Gamespot, and why leave what you know for likely the same numbers.

So that leaves GB. Or perhaps an indie site that I wouldn't know about, Mary has always been a big fan of indie games/focusing on indie games. Or Austin/Polygon deciding to hire Mary to write longform thought articles off of ????.

It's also kind of suspicious that everyone in the industry is congratulating her, except the GB guys. Even Drew is radio silent, despite having been on twitter for the last hour or so. That's.....oddly rude.

You are an insane human being.

e: Jeff and Danny's thoughts on the Switch pretty much sum up how I'm feeling.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Dodoman posted:

"I'm not scientist, but I know a cat can't be alive and dead at the same time."

Who said this?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Noxville posted:

Who said this?

Erwin Schrödinger

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Noxville posted:

Who said this?

Dan "Shrewd Dingbat Dead Cat" Ryckert

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JQ_7R9lrzg

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

This is the best thing I've ever seen

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It's not really a... joke.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Dodoman posted:

It's not really a... joke.

its a DE-FENCE

Its the best joke of 2017 so far! (Save for the giantbomb thread still having active posters in it)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

it's really loving bad and the fact that it persists after the people involved ask for it to stop is saddening

like both jeff and austin have said "hey speculating constantly like this actually makes it hard to hire people" and that's not even counting how hosed up it is you're turning people's important career decisions into a fantasy draft

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think this is taking posts in this thread a little too seriously.

Yep. It's just a joke on an ostensibly (anyone else notice how often this word is used on Bombcasts?) comedy forum.

I actually made this face :stare:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I do not like this

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yep. It's just a joke on an ostensibly (anyone else notice how often this word is used on Bombcasts?) comedy forum.

"ostensibly" is Patrick Klepek's grim legacy

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

de... fence

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

I always love it when drew thinks of a really bad joke and you can see the gears turning in his head before he says it

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

look of a guy who brings a notebook to wrestling class

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

What the gently caress is wrong with that mans face

Drew is looking weird as well

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It seems he's taken his face... off.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm gonna pull a Vinny and go see that new Underworld today.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That stage 6 boss whooped them good. Jumping over them is really tight, though. So I can see why they think they'd wouldn't make it.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm gonna pull a Vinny and go see that new Underworld today.

I was going to go do that too but I have no idea if I've seen it before.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Internet posted:

I was going to go do that too but I have no idea if I've seen it before.

At least he picked the right one to accidentally watch three times. A little girl eats a werewolf's face in the 4th one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The last time I was in a movie theater they played the trailers for Underworld and Resident Evil back-to-back and I had the same exact reaction as the Beastcast did, I had no idea those were still things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Underworld (the first one. I haven't seen the others) sucked so bad. You make a movie about vampires fighting werewolves and then every action scene is just them shooting at each other with handguns. Also, why does the lycan dude have foldable steel claws hidden in his sleeves? He's a gosh darned werewolf.

• Locked thread