Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BadLlama posted:

At some point in time, everything gets wiped.

woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

At some point in time, everything gets wiped.

is this a cryptic reference to Korn finally being fired due to being more useless than a hanging turd?

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 19, 2017

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
rip asheron's call

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

2DCAT posted:

is this a cryptic reference to Korn finally being fired due to being more useless than a hanging turd?

Wait SI is firing the bad devs and actually working on the game?

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Suxpool posted:

rip asheron's call

There's still hope

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

It is as the prophecy foretold. :wooper:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm the ceo that personally calls out reddit trolls for bashing my game

forge
Feb 26, 2006
:paging: dodgin

As Albion Online keeps growing, we are always on the lookout for talented people to strengthen the team and improve our game even more. Join us and make your mark in Albion!

For example, we are currently looking for a Twitch Host to build our Albion Online streaming channel. If you are fluent in English, have an entertaining on-screen personality and a passion for Albion Online, this job is for you!

Your tasks:

stream on the official Albion Online channel for multiple hours a day
present Albion Online in the best possible light to our existing community and interested players, for example by showing current events (GvGs, ZvZ clashes…)
reach out to players and streamers to participate in segments you develop - comment on current developments in the meta of the game
Your profile:

impeccable skills in spoken English (native speakers preferred)
an entertaining on-screen personality - a positive “can do”-attitude
technical expertise to set-up channel and equipment to your needs
the ability to lead through several hours of streaming by yourself or with guests
community-building skills
a passion for MMORPGs, especially Sandbox MMORPGs
preferably willing to work in-house in Berlin, Germany.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahaha

I am too busy grinding skeltals for gems in this candy crush MMO

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

:paging: dodgin

As Albion Online keeps growing, we are always on the lookout for talented people to strengthen the team and improve our game even more. Join us and make your mark in Albion!

For example, we are currently looking for a Twitch Host to build our Albion Online streaming channel. If you are fluent in English, have an entertaining on-screen personality and a passion for Albion Online, this job is for you!

Your tasks:

stream on the official Albion Online channel for multiple hours a day
present Albion Online in the best possible light to our existing community and interested players, for example by showing current events (GvGs, ZvZ clashes…)
reach out to players and streamers to participate in segments you develop - comment on current developments in the meta of the game
Your profile:

impeccable skills in spoken English (native speakers preferred)
an entertaining on-screen personality - a positive “can do”-attitude
technical expertise to set-up channel and equipment to your needs
the ability to lead through several hours of streaming by yourself or with guests
community-building skills
a passion for MMORPGs, especially Sandbox MMORPGs
preferably willing to work in-house in Berlin, Germany.

I'm just glad that the emphasized that all applications should be good at maths.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That is one of the saddest job postings I've ever read.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
FireWhizzle it says you should be positive so this is really right up your alley. Your onscreen overlay can have a counter that goes up each time you kill skeletals. I like how they would prefer if you lived in Berlin to stream... because Berlin is the streaming twitch capital. AKA every time we want to say something cool they all meet in the twitch den and talk about how they are now doing what they did in alpha 1 but now it's new because the name is different. The only problem is there are no do overs on twitch unlike the videos they make.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

FireWhizzle it says you should be positive so this is really right up your alley. Your onscreen overlay can have a counter that goes up each time you kill skeletals. I like how they would prefer if you lived in Berlin to stream... because Berlin is the streaming twitch capital. AKA every time we want to say something cool they all meet in the twitch den and talk about how they are now doing what they did in alpha 1 but now it's new because the name is different. The only problem is there are no do overs on twitch unlike the videos they make.

All of my most popular live twitch streams events were filmed on location in Berlin.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Its sad when your job posting would of got you banned on SA back in the day when SA cared about punctuation.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Also... Maybe I'm just getting old, but... What's a ZvZ?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

2DCAT posted:

Also... Maybe I'm just getting old, but... What's a ZvZ?

took me a bit at first too Zerg vs Zerg

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hello recruiter,

I am fluent in English and am interested in moving to Germany on my own dime. I'd like to apply for the streamer position. My family thinks I'm very funny. Last holiday season for example I did some magic tricks for them that I learned from a magician show.

Anyway, I really enjoy killing skeletons in Albion. Sometimes I keep track of how many on my Fitbit by lowering and raising my arm once. Every step on my Fitbit is a skeleton killed, minus like 100-200 per day. I also like engaging in player versus player combat in some of the diverse and wildly unique regions of Albion.

Hope this finds you well. Please return this message so I can plan my upcoming move.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It sorta sounds like its unpaid except for some free giveaway poo poo to support your "community" of followers.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Popete posted:

It sorta sounds like its unpaid except for some free giveaway poo poo to support your "community" of followers.

I choose to believe this is true.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If that's the case then the move to Berlin is specially lol.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
was bercilak the one guy who made an account here and posted about this game? I hope not because he's a loving dumbass

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

was bercilak the one guy who made an account here and posted about this game? I hope not because he's a loving dumbass

Yes. As per internet traditions, Bercilak actually moved in with Lowtax and posted about this game from Lowtax's basement.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I await Green Knights apology about korn.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BadLlama posted:

I await Green Knights apology about korn.

:same:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
free kimsemus

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

I'd like to think that those 7 notifications are about new and exciting job opportunities in Berlin as a vidya game streamer.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I like that the reason is: ^^

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Kimsemus you should put in a serious application and see if they respond. Then let them know you'll need a new account because you were banned.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

green knight; you're a dingus and i very much dislike you

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

Kimsemus you should put in a serious application and see if they respond. Then let them know you'll need a new account because you were banned.

They banned my game access 1 day after the Paypal 6 month chargeback window expired for "obvious RMTing" so while I appreciate it, SI can go burn in a dumpster fire just like their terrible game as far as I'm concerned. :wooper:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
haha it's almost like it was in spite and calculated.. thought obviously not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ahahaha holy poo poo

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

2DCAT posted:

Yes. As per internet traditions, Bercilak actually moved in with Lowtax and posted about this game from Lowtax's basement.

It wasn't Bercdozer... it was EMPA.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 25, 2017

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Tempus Thales posted:

It wasn't Bercdozer... it was EMPA.

You havent been run out of here for stealing the guild bank? Lol.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
As someone who never played this before, is there anything fun to do in the game right now? Or should I wait until the REAL final beta/actual release before I start?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Charles Bukowski posted:

You havent been run out of here for stealing the guild bank? Lol.

Yeah, that is a mystery. Some people find his antics as adorable or something.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

sunaurus posted:

As someone who never played this before, is there anything fun to do in the game right now? Or should I wait until the REAL final beta/actual release before I start?

I'd highly recommend just playing a different game if you want to have fun.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

sunaurus posted:

This is not a game for people looking to have fun and it never will be.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
Oh poo poo. Really? I got pretty excited after watching some videos on YouTube. I guess it was too good to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
this game is fun as hell in the short term. you'll definitely get 30$ worth of fun out of it if you wanna jump in for the next "final" beta

just expect that 90% of everyone will stop playing after a month

• Locked thread