Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

I peg myself as first playing league sometime between April 27 and May 11, 2010.

I think I started playing in November, 2012, which would make sense because I think I saw most of season two's competitive games after the fact. I think Vi was the first new champ I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Do you want a selfie?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

balance team dev blog post just went up: http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/01/dev-on-state-of-the-game-january-2017/

some major points:
  • Jungle is going to get more nerfs to XP and easiness of early clears
  • They're looking at ways to make supports not fall behind as much in XP
  • Longer than usual gap between Camille and the next new champ, Galio rework will come out sooner
  • Changes to defensive items coming mid-season
  • 10 bans, changes to runes, and new mastery trees coming later in the year once everyone's on the new client
  • Champ update team will have an announcement next week about the next set of reworks after Galio

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I played back in beta :toot:. I actually got one of the top 500 beta icons, though I don't like wearing to because then people think I'm like super ultra good (i'm not super ultra good, plus I play in like 2 week spurts every few months) :v:

Instead I wear the season 3 Lemondogs summoner icon. ~never forget~

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

balance team dev blog post just went up: http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/01/dev-on-state-of-the-game-january-2017/

some major points:
  • Jungle is going to get more nerfs to XP and easiness of early clears
  • They're looking at ways to make supports not fall behind as much in XP
  • Longer than usual gap between Camille and the next new champ, Galio rework will come out sooner
  • Changes to defensive items coming mid-season
  • 10 bans, changes to runes, and new mastery trees coming later in the year once everyone's on the new client
  • Champ update team will have an announcement next week about the next set of reworks after Galio

Is tank Fizz even a thing anymore?

e: pretty sure the last time I saw a tank fizz was early last season

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 18, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even though Tank Fizz/Ekko were insufferable mid-late last year, they've tapered off a whole lot with Courage of the Colossus tanks and general meta shifts. I think Fizz and Ekko might have even gotten some nerfs since then too, so it just looks like another knee-jerk reaction way after something's stopped being relevant.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

Even though Tank Fizz/Ekko were insufferable mid-late last year, they've tapered off a whole lot with Courage of the Colossus tanks and general meta shifts. I think Fizz and Ekko might have even gotten some nerfs since then too, so it just looks like another knee-jerk reaction way after something's stopped being relevant.

Yeah, people don't really play tank ekko either, all I've seen is mid lane ekko and that's never tanky.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Final nail in the coffin for tank Ekko was the fervor nerf, everything else I'm pretty sure he would've survived like he did before

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Guess the champ.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Urgot

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Guess the champ.

Camille.

edit: Just noticed the 2014-15. I'm trying to remember who was flat-out busted back then. Nidalee?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

RealFoxy posted:

It reads more to me like 'these shitters always become a problem when tank items get better, so we want to make sure we tweak things so they don't do it again'.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Maybe if they don't want assassins like Fizz and Ekko to be able to build tanky and still be effective maybe they shouldn't balance their kits such that they have so much base and %hp damage that they blow up squishes while building defensively?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

does anyone know if blitzcrank jungle is still possible? i need to know for a science project

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

does anyone know if blitzcrank jungle is still possible? i need to know for a science project

I mean...anyone can clear jungle camps now, but if you are playing a super slow clearing jungler vs. anything other than a farm jungler you will just straight up lose the game unless your teammates are solokilling their counterparts at level 2 or 3

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

I mean...anyone can clear jungle camps now, but if you are playing a super slow clearing jungler vs. anything other than a farm jungler you will just straight up lose the game unless your teammates are solokilling their counterparts at level 2 or 3

this is not season 1, clearing jungle camps does not make you a jungler. like, technically you can put lulu in the jungle and she can clear camps but that does not make it useful. wot i mean is if you have a blitzcrank in the jungle, are you able to still efficiently enough clear by using overdrive and a slightly ad heavy itemization such that you do not fall behind in levels unless you get kills like clockwork

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

"Too resistant to sustained physical damage and too resistant to magic damage" like this has nothing to do with the death of armor pen and gutting last whisper lol

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

:vince:

pog boyfriend posted:

Given he's got really lengthy cooldowns on his abilities, none of which are AoE and one gives him a lengthy penalty to his stats, I would say no, not at all, he'd get savagely beaten to death probably by the second camp and nearly dead on the second buff and would be incredibly easy to invade on.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 19, 2017

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
had an enemy blitzcrank jungler yesterday and he did nothing though his presence in lane made me scared as hell until i saw his level was so low then i killed him

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I started at the end of season 2. Who came out around then?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leona?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I started during preseason 3 and vi was the newest champ

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What sort of item order do I want for Jungle Camille?

If I'm doing Top Lane I just rush Trinity Force. But in the Jungle I feel like I want Tiamat early, maybe even earlier than my Jungle item. Is Tiamat>Jungle item+enchant>boots>Titanic Hydra a good order? She's super weak before Trinity Force, but I feel like I'm missing out if I get Tiamat first and then wait until Trinity is finished to get Titanic.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

Camille.

edit: Just noticed the 2014-15. I'm trying to remember who was flat-out busted back then. Nidalee?

I think that's just an error, they mean over the last year.

Anyways it's Rengar. Near 80% win rate on people who have played over 100 games on him, lmao.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Why is he so good right now? His winrate doesn't seem that spectacular (According to champion.gg at least).

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Why is he so good right now? His winrate doesn't seem that spectacular (According to champion.gg at least).

They changed his empowered W to grant him a couple seconds of immunity to CC - a lot of people are still playing him as a burst assassin, which he kind of still is, but he should be built more like a bruiser/tank. Basically he's not easy to play, but if you're good at him he's completely OP.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Because people are still building Warrior > full lethality + IE on Rengar instead of the superior Warrior > Black Cleaver > Full Tank build used by high ELO Rengars.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Super Librarian posted:

I started during preseason 3 and vi was the newest champ

I remember her coming out

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Despite both sources being "platinum and higher," op.gg's data on him is starkly different: http://na.op.gg/champion/rengar/statistics/jungle

I find the op.gg build data a lot easier to look at/make sense of, too.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
op.gg also says he's the winningest toplaner...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
redemption is the best item

http://plays.tv/video/58805e8b020fabf45d/shitface-material

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
that conversation is a highlight of itself, post the rest of it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

that conversation is a highlight of itself, post the rest of it.

I usually listen to The Dollop when I play League, it's an American history podcast. It's really good!! http://thedollop.libsyn.com/155-john-permbertons-drug-tonics

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

Guess the champ.

I think this champ is more ridiculous.

whopping 98% change of winning :stare:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dark Off posted:

LeBlanc?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Can't imagine new lb players winning nearly 70%. Help us out man, is it a jungler?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dark Off posted:

What the gently caress is that dip in the middle? 30% to 98% is a hell of a jump.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Dark Off posted:

What the hell. Had to look it up. I kind of expected Jungle Shaco or Vi, both of which have a strange curve like that, but it's Sion Support? Weird.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I question the validity of that graph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Sexpansion posted:

I question the validity of that graph.

You don't suppose their is an issue with small sample size, do you?

• Locked thread