Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's unfortunate and unfair how the Black Dynamite animated series killed most of the fondness I had for the movie. Man that series was...not good (well outside of the actual character of Black Dynamite).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd be down for a fictionalized Jack Kirby: Nazi Hunter movie/TV series.

They should cast Fassbender and then literally put the Mangeto bar scene from First Class into the movie unchanged. No one can prove Kirby didn't have mutant powers.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Neat little stop-motion claymation short. "Darkness, Light, Darkness" (1989) by Jan Svankmajer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcplwqwXpEA

(There's a couple shots of a clay dong so probably don't watch this at work or whatever)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

K. Waste posted:

RE: La La Land

Damien Chazelle is guest programmer tonight on TCM.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking to watch Umbrellas ever since seeing La La Land. I'm surprised you didn't include the two movies airing after Meet Me in St. Louis (City Lights and Rebel Without a Cause)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's unfortunate and unfair how the Black Dynamite animated series killed most of the fondness I had for the movie. Man that series was...not good (well outside of the actual character of Black Dynamite).
I liked the first season, it did some good things like the running saga of Black Dynamite's feud with a muppet and the general intersection between Dynamite and other famous people. Then the second season kicked that up a dozen notches and also kept going back to the well of rip-off/homages that lasted the whole episode and was not better for it.

I wonder if Adult Swim is going to bring back Black Jesus for a third season. That was an interesting show.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

here is a very strange series of words.

quote:

Patrick Stewart is joining Sony Pictures Animation's The Emoji Movie as Poop.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Black Dynamite is a waste, just watch the original blacksploitation films instead.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm just going to leave this here...

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Egbert Souse posted:

I'm just going to leave this here...

I tried to warn y'all that it was a bad sign the villains of that film resonated with people the most.

I mean, this was the film that portrayed liberals literally locked in a tower with no knowledge of the outside world...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How'd you get that?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The villains are the best part of every Mad Max movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So true. I don't like Thunderdome very much...or at all really, but dang, Tina Turner sells that. Also Master Blaster :allears:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

How'd you get that?

Someone posted in the D&D cartoon thread

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No I meant how'd he get that reading about the wives being the liberals of that film

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The villains are the best part of every Mad Max movie.

Yeah, but we didn't end up with Tina Turner as president.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh please, Immortan Joe is like twice the politician Trump will ever be. Trump wishes he was Immortan Joe but he's more like Dark Helmet

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
This is showing tomorrow in some theaters, a live movie starring Woody Harrelson!

http://fathomevents.com/event/lost-...CFYhbfgodCkgNYw

I just saw Singin in the Rain, still great and I saw some new details on the big screen. The projector bulb burned out for a few minutes in the middle, right during the on-screen technical difficulty scene, appropriately. :)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
just thought of End of the Tour and I really have to watch that again. Only saw it once but I thought it was phenomenal.

I also gotta try to actually read some DFW

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

got any sevens posted:

This is showing tomorrow in some theaters, a live movie starring Woody Harrelson!

http://fathomevents.com/event/lost-...CFYhbfgodCkgNYw

Cool, what the Hell is it about?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

there's a story about kirby being at a hotel or some poo poo and hearing some dudes talk about how great nazis were and beating the poo poo out of them

I've never heard this story. This rules.

Also Jack Kirby was friends with mother loving Zappa.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

K. Waste posted:

Cool, what the Hell is it about?

quote:

Academy Award® nominated actor Woody Harrelson will direct and star in an unprecedented live feature film event, Lost in London LIVE, on January 19. Harrelson, who wrote the feature film “Lost in London,” will also co-star with Owen Wilson and Willie Nelson. Ken Kao of Waypoint Entertainment will produce alongside Harrelson. This first-of-its-kind film event will screen live in select cinemas nationwide, giving audiences the unique opportunity to watch a film shot in real time.

Loosely based on a crazy night full of real-life events, “Lost in London” follows Harrelson, playing himself, as he struggles to get home to his family. Run-ins with royalty, old friends and the law all seem to conspire to keep Harrelson from succeeding.

Following the feature presentation, Harrelson will participate in a live Q&A.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I really hope someone out there is video documenting W's transition into becoming a painter. Since we cant execute him I would take a post-presidency Boyhood style documentary, cause the dude seems really into it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I really hope someone out there is video documenting W's transition into becoming a painter. Since we cant execute him I would take a post-presidency Boyhood style documentary, cause the dude seems really into it.

A classic Reverse-Hitler.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0mS5I-j_Gc

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

George Bush's interest in painting inspired one of my all time favorite Onion videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0mS5I-j_Gc

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
GWB turning into Jimmy Carter is honestly sickening to me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The part of me that holds out hope for humanity likes to think that maybe he regrets those eight years and just wants to live his life quietly and try to reconcile what happened with who he wants to be

The rest of me wants him to get kicked in the nuts

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
It's like if Gacy was allowed to live free and pursue his painting career. It's bizarre as hell. I forget about it all the time, then see some article about W doing some art, remember, look at the paintings, go like this :stare: for a full minute, and then wonder what the gently caress.

His new thing is painting portraits of wounded veterans, who he acknowledges, "were wounded carrying out my orders." Which leads me to two conclusions: (1) W has a childlike naivete (this, like Dickeye, is my Holding Out Hope For Humanity perspective), or (2) dude is far more evil than anyone can even imagine.

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 19, 2017

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

the new chapo is extremely good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It makes my head explode when a kickstarter is asking for like, 60 thousand and people go WHY DO YOU NEED ALL THAT MONEY JUST TO MAKE A GAME.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Watching HyperNormalisation I realized I had forgotten how smug and slimy he was.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Call it The Trump Effect. Every past president is going to look better by contrast. "Sure W started a war to enrich his cronies that killed millions of innocent Iraqis, but at least he didn't try to systematically destroy every American governmental institution solely in service to his own ego."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of funny that as much as the right despised Obama, that almost never lead to them yearning for Bush, unlike how the left acted with Clinton and even Gore during the Bush years. Like even the Right know that they should just never bring up W and hope none of his policies come up during the campaign.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is Gangs of New York the worst Scorsese? I feel like I just watched his worst movie by a good amount.

*note: I have not seen The Aviator

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

weekly font posted:

Is Gangs of New York the worst Scorsese? I feel like I just watched his worst movie by a good amount.

I dunno that Gangs is the worst but its like bottom tier for me.

Boxcar Bertha isn't great but I think I liked it more. New York New York is flawed, as discussed earlier. A while back I might have said Shutter Island was his worst but I rewatched it recently and liked it quite a bit more than I did before.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

weekly font posted:

Aviator is just thoroughly unremarkable. Nowhere near as bad as Gangs.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Speaking of minor Scorsese, how is Bringing Out the Dead? I've never seen it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

weekly font posted:

Naw. I don't much care for Gangs but it's probably better than The Color of Money at least.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's kind of funny that as much as the right despised Obama, that almost never lead to them yearning for Bush, unlike how the left acted with Clinton and even Gore during the Bush years. Like even the Right know that they should just never bring up W and hope none of his policies come up during the campaign.

My brother kept us safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LesterGroans posted:

Naw. I don't much care for Gangs but it's probably better than The Color of Money at least.
Is there something wrong with The Color of Money? It's been years since I've seen it but while I thought it wasn't as good as The Hustler I don't remember hating it either.

It was also my first Scorsese fwiw.

• Locked thread