Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
That PDX-45 roll is tempting. A little better than the vendor Hawksaw, which is cool, but I've only got one package left and WHAT IF PB/CB/RB COMES UP MIRACULOUSLY BEFORE GUNBOT SELLS IT AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

xzzy posted:

You mean marks? I generally buy resources from the vanguard robot in the hangar. If I don't need any for upgrades (ie, got more than 200 materials) I dump them into a faction for reputation.

Other than that, buy IB armor from the vendor because it's all really high rolls for the stats.

Yeah, sorry marks. I thought they'd be tough to get, but it turns out they're not that hard to acquire. Now all my gear is 350 already I wasn't sure where to sink them.

Which vendor do you mean for the IB armor? Is it the one that gave me the weekly quests?

What about the purple engrams? Is it worth investing in those at 135 a piece or whatever they are?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mikey-San posted:

That PDX-45 roll is tempting. A little better than the vendor Hawksaw, which is cool, but I've only got one package left and WHAT IF PB/CB/RB COMES UP MIRACULOUSLY BEFORE GUNBOT SELLS IT AGAIN

I have only one and I'm gonna buy it when I get back

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kin posted:

Yeah, sorry marks. I thought they'd be tough to get, but it turns out they're not that hard to acquire. Now all my gear is 350 already I wasn't sure where to sink them.

Which vendor do you mean for the IB armor? Is it the one that gave me the weekly quests?

What about the purple engrams? Is it worth investing in those at 135 a piece or whatever they are?

Yeah grab the poo poo from the ib vendor where you got your bounties and use it. Then run strikes to get levels for your other poo poo.

Always be repping a faction for their packages and always be popping boosters and 3 of coins. You'll hit 390 pretty fast through faction rank ups.

Hmmm. Need legs and 3oC didnt give me on extoic engram yesterday. Stuck at 399. Dont really care but i want to be a pretty 400 man so i can give my welfare classes a boost.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

BlindSite posted:

Gets a little boring.

New thread title.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Ugh such aids. Every oval office with a clever dragon or grasp, max range matador and either skips, grapes or stickies.

Gets a little boring. Where are the scrubs with suros and midas and side arms.

this game needs a goddamn sandbox update like nothing else

like I don't loving care, intentionally make all the meta poo poo terrible, loving say you're doing it, make low impact hand cannons and fast charge fusions the best guns in the game, it's just goddamn stale

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They missed their opportunity to make sidearms the the best special last week. Then everyone would be going nuts for this IB.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Exotics in every slot, weaponized sparrows, space euchre

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

this game needs a goddamn sandbox update like nothing else

like I don't loving care, intentionally make all the meta poo poo terrible, loving say you're doing it, make low impact hand cannons and fast charge fusions the best guns in the game, it's just goddamn stale
Shotguns need to have base range set to like 5 at most. Undo any previous auto nerfs. Range buff to sidearms. Reduce flinch by like 15% to aid snipers and put a chill on HCR... More stuff, but this is all lol because they have confessed to their process being selfish first and foremost, Bungie opinions for how they want to play being paramount to all other input, so whatever happens it likely will be dumb stuff like you suggested.

Whatever, I'll take anything that puts shotguns in a loving hole in the ground.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Shotguns own, git gud

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shotguns are fine. It's fusions everyone should be mad about. :v:

http://i.imgur.com/OVmTFQV.gifv

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Kin posted:

In addition to what BlindSite said, there are some weapons worth buying from vendors even if you're already 350 light:

- Palindrome from Crucible robot (outstanding roll on the most competitive archetype)
- Event Horizon from Crucible robot (good roll on a good sniper rifle)
- Wormwood from FWC lady (you can get better rolls but this roll is a good place to start with sidearms)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

No confidence shotguns will be meaningfully nerfed tho and whatever that Sandbox statement they made was, "Durr, we hear you about Matador and shotguns" is pure poo poo considering it all got worse with the inclusion of Supremacy, making it as on-purpose as possibly can be. They didn't oops themselves into that one iota.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shotguns are exactly where Bungie wants them, the "oops" was immediately visible when Felwinter's Lie first became available and suddenly every single person in the game was using one. They've had two major gear resets since then and a dozen balance patches and max range/impact shotguns still rule the roost.. so whatever we got now is what we're stuck with until D2.

At least there are options to counter it, gheleon artifact and a good fusion is plenty. Sidearms are viable too.

Snipers could probably use a little bit of help but gently caress 'em, quit camping and get in the fight. :colbert:

edit - note this is in 6's. I don't do trials and don't give a poo poo about sweat balance, gently caress those guys.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Shotguns are exactly where Bungie wants them
Oh, I know. I combat them like a pro and wear out my crouch button over their dead dumb bodies, but I'm still salty. I get to be, I play DESTINY.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

owns

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
lmao all that juggernaut warrior had to do was to walk through the door and shoot his primary a few times. but noooooooope

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
in the same spirit, imma repost some of my favorite juggernaut warrior deletions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPOAMisoRxM

http://i.imgur.com/YH2eaKJ.gifv

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Mikey-San posted:

in the same spirit, imma repost some of my favorite juggernaut warrior deletions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPOAMisoRxM

http://i.imgur.com/YH2eaKJ.gifv

Uhhh...immune?

Edit: Never mind, ABGD educated me.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 19, 2017

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Got an Unbent Tree with Rangefinder, Reinforced Barrel, Casket Mag :madmax:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The Unspent D

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

xzzy posted:

Snipers could probably use a little bit of help but gently caress 'em, quit camping and get in the fight. :colbert:

Hey I switched from shotgun to sniper and I still go full retard every time (as Krew has seen) :colbert:

Get retarded or die trying

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Finally a vendor that sells titan gloves with scout rifle loader

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Really crazy night in the crucible guys

We went into this match and we were doing pretty good and having a good time and the weirdest thing happened. A Titan ran right at me. Like , he had a shield in front of him and he just ran straight at me. He ignored that I was shooting him and didn't take any evasive maneuvers. Just ran straight at me. Anyways when he got close he hit me point blank with a shotgun and it killed me straight up.

It was quite frightening and jarring honestly. I've never seen an opponent just "rush" at me like that, and it really threw my game off for the rest of the night.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd suggest you go see a doctor for this problem, but I know he's only going to prescribe a fusion rifle so you might as well save the co-pay.

http://i.imgur.com/9I9hZOB.gifv

(juggernaut expiring just as he gets to danger range is helpful too)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shotguns would be fine if they dropped skill based match making.

The hit reg on handcannons even with rng bullets is not that bad if you play a private match against people in your region. Shotguns are effective in their area and you can drop them with tlw extremely quickly if you hit your shots.

The problem if when the connections are bad instead of missing say every 3rd bullet from your tlw you miss every 2nd or every 2 from 3. This turns a dumb rear end running right at you with a matador into an unkillable god warrior instead of an easy kill.

Ive probably got more sniper kills than anyone in this thread not named cheesefactory and I think the flinch effect is fine. The hcr issue isnt even that big of a deal, it becomes one when your shots dont register because the rounds you do hit don't do damage.

It all comes down to connection.

You improve connection quality the rng bullet issues fall off dramatically with hand canons, the trades with warlock melee when you should be winning go away, the bullshit with architect deaths go away, every major issue falls away when the connections are done right.

I kept running into 2 or 3 stacks running pulses and shotguns last night and had no issues sniping them at all with the flinch. The issues I had was landing tlw shots consistently and it wasnt an aim issue. One or two guys would take damage every time and Id drop em like a bad habit. Other lobbies or other teams and all it lead to was trades or death by shotgun.

Theres no point trying to balance weapons when the entire sandbox doesnt do what it says on the tin because the underlying environment is hosed.

People use meta weapons because they are the most effective option, not the only effective one. Most of the ineffective poo poo is more ineffective because of the match making.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Really crazy night in the crucible guys

drat is this the script for the next Datto vid?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Shotguns would be fine if they dropped skill based match making.

The hit reg on handcannons even with rng bullets is not that bad if you play a private match against people in your region. Shotguns are effective in their area and you can drop them with tlw extremely quickly if you hit your shots.

The problem if when the connections are bad instead of missing say every 3rd bullet from your tlw you miss every 2nd or every 2 from 3. This turns a dumb rear end running right at you with a matador into an unkillable god warrior instead of an easy kill.

Ive probably got more sniper kills than anyone in this thread not named cheesefactory and I think the flinch effect is fine. The hcr issue isnt even that big of a deal, it becomes one when your shots dont register because the rounds you do hit don't do damage.

It all comes down to connection.

You improve connection quality the rng bullet issues fall off dramatically with hand canons, the trades with warlock melee when you should be winning go away, the bullshit with architect deaths go away, every major issue falls away when the connections are done right.

I kept running into 2 or 3 stacks running pulses and shotguns last night and had no issues sniping them at all with the flinch. The issues I had was landing tlw shots consistently and it wasnt an aim issue. One or two guys would take damage every time and Id drop em like a bad habit. Other lobbies or other teams and all it lead to was trades or death by shotgun.

Theres no point trying to balance weapons when the entire sandbox doesnt do what it says on the tin because the underlying environment is hosed.

People use meta weapons because they are the most effective option, not the only effective one. Most of the ineffective poo poo is more ineffective because of the match making.

Yeah I can tell within 2 engagements whether I'm going to be able to whore plan c or have to switch to a shotgun. It's super frustrating to sense it and it ruins my mood.

It's why I'm all about chill PvE and stuff like SRL now (in which I have a Diamond ELO and some top top track times).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just miss the good old days of half decent connections.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
This is not an exaggeration because I could count in the system notifications - I had to hard cycle my Bone off NINETEEN TIMES yesterday.

So if any of you were trying to say hello I'm sorry.

P.S. I've had three Bones and sold the first one (bricked out of warranty) and had to system restore the second two from a loving USB drive. The process is mind numbing. You even have to format the USBs drive filing system and if you have a Mac, gently caress you. (I have a Mac)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Mikey-San posted:

In addition to what BlindSite said, there are some weapons worth buying from vendors even if you're already 350 light:

- Palindrome from Crucible robot (outstanding roll on the most competitive archetype)
- Event Horizon from Crucible robot (good roll on a good sniper rifle)
- Wormwood from FWC lady (you can get better rolls but this roll is a good place to start with sidearms)

Ah, so these guns have good strength/discipline stats etc despite their 350 light level?

Also what do the 3 of coins do?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kin posted:

Ah, so these guns have good strength/discipline stats etc despite their 350 light level?

Also what do the 3 of coins do?

Weapons have a Light Level only, no Int Dis Str.

3 of Coins aka 3oC are a consumable which give you a chance at obtaining an Exotic engram. The language in the item description mentions a stackable effect but all you need to know and do is you take just one, complete a Crucible match or kill an Ultra in pve, and either you get one or you don't. Regardless, take another after and do it again. They usually spit out an Exotic on about 5-7 uses so be patient and keep grinding.

As a note, Exotic engrams decrypt up to 400 so not only are you gaining permanent access to whatever comes out, weapon or armor (available in the kiosks in the Vanguard room), you also can just use them to reach max Light.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BlindSite posted:

Ive probably got more sniper kills than anyone in this thread not named cheesefactory

Source?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Is there an agreed upon best non exotic sidearm/sidearm archetype?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wormwood is the best sidearm atm.

edit - I don't know why, all sidearms look exactly the same to me, but Smart People(:spergin:) have said this so I just accept it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

Ive probably got more sniper kills than anyone in this thread not named cheesefactory and I think the flinch effect is fine.

You have just about 100 more than me and I agree with you, have no problems with sniper flinch as is - you shouldn't be double peeking an occupied lane anyway

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's either the wormwood type which can 1head3body in 0.6 or the Crows Eye (Variks rank up reward) with a plus impact Barrel which can 4 body in 0.7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Punishing shotgun rushers with fusions is so much fun. Only problem I'm really having is that I feel like I'm banging my head into a wall trying to get to/past 350LL.

• Locked thread