Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

moller posted:

Do you mean the zipline? I managed to pull these pics out of the archives:

Jesus Christ, goons.

lol yeah, that is one of the all-time fantastically stupid goon projects imo. I think it was originally an Ask/Tell thread and someone pointed out some super basic math about angles and velocity or something and said it'd pretty much be lethal for kids to actually use it, as if you couldn't tell by looking at it, too.

The goon retreat & the desert hiking goons are separate, but similar and equally stupid stories about goons brutally owning themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

Nah, not Caro. There was a goon who decided to go on some kind of cross state hike in order to raise awareness for mental illness, and he went about it in a fantastically stupid way. The guy himself, his prep work and his eventual attempt was all just mindbogglingly stupid.

Muerte. Holy poo poo was that thread good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=213540#post444387556

Guy plans a trip across the country and intended to use a children's stroller to carry his stuff. It broke within a couple miles. He was also so unprepared that he was trying to subsist on raisins for a couple of days before giving up. It is a quality read

edit: How it was not goldmined is a shock

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=213540#post444387556

Guy plans a trip across the country and intended to use a children's stroller to carry his stuff. It broke within a couple miles. He was also so unprepared that he was trying to subsist on raisins for a couple of days before giving up. It is a quality read

edit: How it was not goldmined is a shock

Note he was trying to subsist on raisins because he refused to learn how to cook, ate like a particularly picky 5 year old and had the plan of stopping at McDonalds/IHoP across the country to feed himself on his 3000 mile walk.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Thanks, that is for sure the original thread. I specifically remember the OP posting pictures of his gear and his mapped-route, but didn't notice any pics from the OP in that thread. I guess he might have cross-posted to several forums, or just edited out some of the dumbest things since making the thread. There were some funny commentary on the original thread in FYAD and elsewhere, as well.

Zore posted:

Note he was trying to subsist on raisins because he refused to learn how to cook, ate like a particularly picky 5 year old and had the plan of stopping at McDonalds/IHoP across the country to feed himself on his 3000 mile walk.

Yeah, I don't know if this is something the OP might have edited out later, but IIRC some people suggested something like bringing a battery driven hot plate or something, instead of idiotic stuff like a fake gun and an umbrella, in response to which the guy said he wouldn't be using one because he never cooked and just bought fast food. Surprisingly, after walking like an average of less than 10 miles a day for less than a week iirc, his hips had turned blue and he had to bail.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Hanzo Steel posted:

Does anyone remember the thread where the OP had moved into a house full of people who all believed that they were cross-dimensional reincarnations of FFVII characters? Or the one where some goons convinced other goons that making a cologne out of their fermented piss and jizz would make them irresistible to women?

Are you talking about this? (EDIT: I really should have read your full drat post.)

Ask me about growing up with a girl who thinks she's married to anime guys

uglynoodles posted:

Denise is a girl I grew up with. Denise is a very special creature that, along with her equally-as-hosed-up cousin Melissa, believe themselves to be reincarnated dragon/demon/princesses/godkillers/angels/succubi whose powers are dominion over "the carnal arts" as they call them.

This is such a good thread. It really should be goldmined for posterity and it's a shocking shame that it's not. uglynoodles' images are gone now; does anyone have them?

There's another tale in that thread shared by another poster about a girl who thought she was spiritually married(?) to Sai Baba that I will remember forever.

Captain Splashback has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Jan 19, 2017

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
Can anyone from AI explain the 14 INCH story? or is that too current?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Look! A Horse! posted:

Allow me to paraphrase:

He's a sucking chest wound of a man and when you look in there you see a heart of gold.

You just have to look past the meth mouth.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Allow me to paraphrase:

He's a sucking chest wound of a man and when you look in there you see a heart of gold.

You just have to look past the meth mouth.

I read the Civic thread and the current one, and he is so drat lovable despite his constant gently caress-ups.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Look! A Horse! posted:

I read the Civic thread and the current one, and he is so drat lovable despite his constant gently caress-ups.

I remember his Starion that kept on reinfesting itself with electrical gremlins and black widows like some sort of lovely Stephen King short story.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Does anyone have any info on the Hawaiian goon nature preserve thing? I've heard it mentioned a lot of times (typically with the hilarious MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIER LSD quote) but not really anything more specific.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Does anyone have any info on the Hawaiian goon nature preserve thing? I've heard it mentioned a lot of times (typically with the hilarious MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIER LSD quote) but not really anything more specific.

heres the first thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3123495

and the FYAD thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3151205

The LSD thing is unrelated; that was Hondarider's (TCC mod) advice to a desperate Heroin addict. hosed off to an offsite to bitch when he was de-modded.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Well, 14 Inch fell off the wagon last night so he's back on meth. Saga ongoing.

Also, who was that Canadian guy who drunk posted about thinking his wife left him and aired some grievances, then it turned out she just went to see her sister, she flipped out when she found the thread and made a bunch of horrible accusations at him, and they both got banned?

Because he came back like 3 years later when someone posted about how lovely he was. Even posted his official court document showing the judge's decision during their divorce which was legalese for "you're loving crazy lady get away from this man and never see your kids again". That's one of my favorites.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I remember his Starion that kept on reinfesting itself with electrical gremlins and black widows like some sort of lovely Stephen King short story.

Normally you should cut your losses, but Starion. :allears:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hanzo Steel posted:

Does anyone remember the thread where the OP had moved into a house full of people who all believed that they were cross-dimensional reincarnations of FFVII characters? Or the one where some goons convinced other goons that making a cologne out of their fermented piss and jizz would make them irresistible to women?

There was this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2934835&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

quote:

From the Housemate Horror LiveJournal community comes a hilarious series about an insane, manipulative woman who believed herself to be the "soul partner" of a video game character, founded a "religion" based on "soul bonding" with video game characters, and somehow managed to invade the lives of a bunch of housemates, despite their tight screening process for new tenants.

It wasn't FF7 I think it was something else* (and they were also as an aside obsessed with ff7) but I'm not well-versed enough in JRPGs to remember which one it was.

The FF7 house was somebody's website: http://www.demon-sushi.com/warning/index2.html

edit: Suikoden. It was Suikoden. I can quote the posts if people without archives want some primo LJdrama

Mx. has a new favorite as of 09:53 on Jan 19, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zore posted:

To entice people further into reading this, the saga ends with the goon getting exhausted and hurt trying to leave a popular dog-walking park in San Francisco, and him sitting outside a park rangers' hut wrapped in a blanket with a thousand miles stare.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yes I know it's already been posted but I think it's appropriate to repost the thread about the magical benzo that came from Russia(?) which doses in microgram quantities but is sold by fractions of a kilo. (Sorry for formatting, I'm pulling this out of an email from ~the 2000s~ a year ago about how loving hilarious the thread was.)

quote:

giZm posted:

Yeah, I guess the next obstacle will be convincing the pharmacy chick to order 500ml PG USP grade without any stupid questions.

Just say it's for a chemistry experiment. The pharmacist I went to gladly helped me after I said that. Before that, she looked at me like a drug dealer.

quote:

Wickerman posted on Dec 17, 2009 15:42:

igured I'd follow up on this. Since I forget December 1st - December 4thish, here's the entire story.

I dosed 2.5mg on December 1st, and then went to work. I don't remember much else about this day, pretty sure nothing big happened.

Wednesday, 11:00am: I dose 6mg.

Wednesday, 11:40am: I leave my house in my work clothes, wearing no shoes.

Wednesday, 11:55am: I arrive at work, apparently after swerving all over the road and almost hitting a telephone pole near our local library.

The telephone pole is on the right side of the road, in-between the road and the library. According to a friend who witnessed me driving to work, he thought I was going to the library.

Wednesday, 12:00pm - 12:07pm: I apparently have not only fallen down, but passed out. The big cheese is at work currently, but from what I recall has said nothing to me. A lower manager asks me to go sit down because I am apparently hosed up. I, instead, walk out to my car and proceed to head home.

Wednesday, 12:13pm: According to the State Highway Patrol's report, I struck a deer and went off the right side of the road. I then took out a 10 foot tall advertisement sign, ramped my SUV (an Oldsmobile Bravada) up a dead tree, flipping it on its left side. I remember the car being sideways, and having a cracked windshield.

Wednesday, between 12:15 and 12:30pm: Someone helps me out my passenger door and sits me in their car until the squads arrive.

Wednesday, before nighttime: I call my work and tell them I got in a car accident, effectively freaking them out. I also threaten to kill my lesser manager for loving with my family (I have no clue how that even makes sense.) I am taken to [LOCAL HOSPITAL HERE], apparently complaining about stomach and elbow pains. Doctors fear internal injuries, and determine that I should be life-flighted to a bigger hospital. Bad weather prevents me from being flown, and I must be taken via ambulance to a bigger hospital.

Wednesday, during the transfer: Two paramedics administer 200mcg of Dilaudid to me, and I remember having a normal conversation with them, just not what it was about.

Wednesday, sometime between 3pm and 9pm, at [BIGGER HOSPITAL HERE]: I am admitted with bradycardia (HELLO OPIATES AND BENZOS) and vehicular injuries. Apparently my sister comes into my room, crying and screaming. I eject my family from my hospital room.

Thursday, 4:30pm: I am discharged from [BIGGER HOSPITAL HERE]. I remember not being able to lift my head, and being wheeled out of the hospital without moving any part of my body.

Friday, 1:00am: I consume 12 percocets (prescribed for pain) to try and kill myself.

Friday, 2:30am: I receive activated charcoal and get my stomach pumped.

Friday, 3:xxpm: I am threatened by the hospital's psych that if I don't take some Wellbutrin and Celexa (meds that I was previously on) that I would not be allowed to leave the hospital until the 72 hour observation period ended. I said, gently caress that poo poo and took them.

Friday, 6:30pm: I am discharged from [SMALLER HOSPITAL HERE].

All in all, my medical bills are something of $26,000 and my SUV is totaled. I blew the front two tires (THEY WERE LESS THAN ONE WEEK OLD ) I didn't break any bones, just a few bruises. No citation from the Highway Patrol, nobody else hurt, everybody's happy.

E:

quote:

Wickerman posted on Dec 19, 2009 07:56:

Alright, so I decided on a route of encapsulation and simply just to see if I can do it, I ordered more. I know this is probably retarded, and I don't intend to consume it for awhile - only equal or less than 2mg/4days for situational anxiety.

I'll let you guys know how I do.

quote:

Wickerman posted on Dec 19, 2009 09:14

It'll be fine. I know I dosed way too much previously, so if I encapsulate it it will never get to the "oh hey, one more dropper full won't hurt. Okay maybe one more." stage, as long as my capsules are the proper dosage.

Also, baggie guy added a 200mg baggie - that's what I ordered. So not too much extra product lingering.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that he dilutes his phen, with safeorscam giving him a weak 6.3/10 (5.9 for the past 30 days.)

quote:

Wickerman posted on Dec 19, 2009 11:24

Does baggie guy do refunds after he's shipped? I'll probably lose like 1/3 of the cash I put into the order if I just refuse delivery.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 10:44 on Jan 19, 2017

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Since everyone seems to want this one when DA JOOSE comes up, enjoy:

quote:

As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.

Sadly since I got that from the goons_txt twitter I cannot link you to the post. Mobile posting as it is.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
That one happens to be from another forum for some random chemical (ctrl-f Inaphyt), but definitely a classic.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well, 14 Inch fell off the wagon last night so he's back on meth. Saga ongoing.

fuuuuuuuck someone aught to try get em off that poo poo ASAP, meth is loving evil
knowing TCC though they'd probably just hook him up on krokodil instead

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I love that dude's attitude. "Well I took enough of this drug that I was SO high I can't remember an entire day of work, but I didn't destroy my life or my career. I guess I'll do twice as much of it tomorrow!"

That guy should be mod or at least IK of tcc.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wyntyr posted:

Since everyone seems to want this one when DA JOOSE comes up, enjoy:

Sadly since I got that from the goons_txt twitter I cannot link you to the post. Mobile posting as it is.
Do you have the lead up to *Editor's note: At the time of posting, it was not Monday anywhere in the world*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Look! A Horse! posted:

he's a meth addict

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Anyone got a link to the original "gently caress this gay earth" post in e/n?

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Do you have the lead up to *Editor's note: At the time of posting, it was not Monday anywhere in the world*

Per your request, from another thread not unlike this one, found at: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672685&pagenumber=1

CascadingStyleSheet posted:

I bought a sheet of Che Guevara blotter paper off the net to apply mine to once it arrives. I got that one because it's just a simple black and white of the iconic picture everyone knows and I'm worried about ingesting a load of toxic ink. I have no idea how they print them but it seems like an unhealthy thing to eat. I would have gotten a blank sheet if I could. I sure as hell wouldn't make my own with an inkjet printer.

-----

I just had one square so i'll see if I turn into a ragging zombie.

-----

Took this shiuff on friday, maybe onyta a few git or ` 10 I don;r remenef Now a day leter and i feell on other planet, track a 6 pod tea to sttle down. Cant barlwly walk or anthing.

I can't have goone far or downwaything
Thisi stuff with will wreck you and make
Thnkgg I just need freech air

-----

I kook my first does friday and now it suddenly monday,I ‘m still too cross-eyed to write properly but never really had any positive effect during that time. Cant’ wait for this poo poo ti sbe to gone so I can juct get on wth wahat i’m doing.
Had a few fhours oa work and feel better. Very hard to forn any thoughtsm feel dizzy and crosseyed and very tried. I reality hope ll these clocks are correct.
Total zonbification.
Don’t think i’ll do again. Nasy Hangover at this amount.

[editorial note: at the time this was written, it was not Monday. Anywhere.]

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks, that is for sure the original thread. I specifically remember the OP posting pictures of his gear and his mapped-route, but didn't notice any pics from the OP in that thread.

That mother fucker, he edited out the one pic of his gear pile which was 90% supplies from the Walmart camping section, causing a professional survival hiking guide goon to write an essay post on how exactly he was going to die.
Fucker.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wyntyr posted:

Per your request, from another thread not unlike this one, found at: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672685&pagenumber=1

One square, total zonbification

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks, that is for sure the original thread. I specifically remember the OP posting pictures of his gear and his mapped-route, but didn't notice any pics from the OP in that thread.

Update: he erased the links but not the images themselves, which you can still get from the code of people who quoted it.

Here's Muertes very good pro survival gear-

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what the gently caress is happening right now in QCS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im the woman grinning and wiping her various mysterious lady holes with Bath Wipes

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The big joke is real survivalists or real ANYTHINGs don't buy a single piece of poo poo from the Walmart camping aisle.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait was he eating printer ink?

What the gently caress does that even do???

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Scudworth posted:

Update: he erased the links but not the images themselves, which you can still get from the code of people who quoted it.

Here's Muertes very good pro survival gear-

Not pictured: a shitload of raisins

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Nice find. I could swear that he also wanted to bring some kind of prop gun, like some realistic looking toy gun or a paint-ball gun or whatever, which he felt like he needed in order to scare away highway robbers and homeless people who might accost him.

I'm almost certain, because I distinctly remember people giving the OP a lot of poo poo about how incredibly stupid that is.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Drama I think. I'm taking my time and reading the thread from the start.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nice find. I could swear that he also wanted to bring some kind of prop gun, like some realistic looking toy gun or a paint-ball gun or whatever, which he felt like he needed in order to scare away highway robbers and homeless people who might accost him.

I'm almost certain, because I distinctly remember people giving the OP a lot of poo poo about how incredibly stupid that is.

I remember he wanted to take a real gun but was afraid of run ins with law enforcement

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Hah this is a hell of a read.

It's always the same with these kinds of things. People start with an idea but have no planning skills, sense, or actually ability.

I'm at the part where the OP is earnestly asking if tasering a caged mongoose and then shooting or stabbing it is a sustainable and humane way to harvest them for food.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Look! A Horse! posted:

Like, the whole story?

Basically, the story so far can be summed up like so:

Man buys a series of increasingly terrible cars, and gets rewarded with a plague of spiders upon him. I think it was the Froot truck where it first started, then there was the Starion, where they would seemingly appear from the void to torment him. This would continue until he was done with the car.

Sometime after that he moved to Seattle, and met up with a friend of his, who he started dating. Apparently they'd be friends for quite some time, and she was his dream girl. Unfortunately, she had an eating disorder that was causing her to slowly kill herself. This went on until finally he had to work up the courage to force her into rehab. While in rehab she started fooling around with another guy, and they broke up, and then she tried to come back to him, "Because she wanted to make sure he was the right one for her" Following these event 14 was professionally diagnosed with PTSD. Also in this time he bought his first good car, a former police cruiser, which of course, would not stand and was traded in for his current Civic.

Following the breakup is where the downward spiral began, leading to things like the meth use and other freakouts. This continued until another forums poster called the police for a wellness check and he was sent off.

After this, it was pretty much SOP for him to be freaking out about bugs/sores/etc, until I bought my truck, when and he threw down the offer to come out and help if we paid for his travel.
So, after starting a GoFundMe, we raised some cash and we were set to meetup in Nebraska. Unfortunately, while our 20yo CrapVan made it from FL, he ended up going through 3 vehicles to get there. First, the Civic wouldn't start, at all, and the Camero was a no go as well. So, he got his hands on a Jeep from his buddy, (Who he also burned his bridges with after leaving) and set out for Nebraska.

He made it out of Seattle before the first breakdown occurred, and then he had his cellphone stolen as well. He was able to get ahold of another fourms member and they relayed that to the thread and myself. He was able to get the Jeep running again, and basically brute force his way across the country, stopping at every parts store to grab oil to feed the beast. Unfortunately, due to these setbacks, he showed up the night before I was set to leave Nebraska, but we met up nonetheless, and showed him his new challenge.

After we left he continued working on the truck, and pushed himself, way, waaaay further than I'd have expected anyone to do. At this point, while repairing the Jeep, is when it was immolated. He'd be working on a fuel leak it had, and that's when it caught fire and burned to the ground. But luckily Danno had plenty of cars to spare to get him around town.

You can see his decent into madness on his youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?tyranid05

So he went HAM on the truck until the absolute last minute, and almost got it done. And through it, he found some clarity, and became a new man. And to thank him for his service and going way above and beyond, a bunch of us AI posters through together some more cash to buy him the car he wanted on Dan's property. Sadly though, this didn't work out. But he did get a first class flight home to his parents, where he picked up his current car, a Nu-Beetle.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

it was some kind of toy gun, an airsoft gun iirc

and some posters who knew more about gun laws, said that it's actually illegal in more places during his planned trip than a real gun would have been

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Lowtax's detumblrfication of the forums is happening. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Mods got very very angry when they couldn't simply probate Lowtax for disagreeing with them.