Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
i mean when hunts are the only thing you ever do i guess it'd make sense to be upset about the localization for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
early pulling is like, the most fun it's possible to have on the overworld

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Hey, since PvP is going to busy, at least for a bit, whats a suggested class to run on? I just want a bit of gear, nothing crazy.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what if the zodiark being banished thing is like a large scale long term version of what happened to the WoD world. Like, the multiverse on the whole doesn't have enough dark in it because papa zod is in the moon or whatever

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

BrightWing posted:

Hey, since PvP is going to busy, at least for a bit, whats a suggested class to run on? I just want a bit of gear, nothing crazy.

Tanks are very strong, healers are necessary but not especially fun to play, bard and machinist seem to be the go to jobs for safe dps.

Griz
May 21, 2001

BrightWing posted:

summoner is pretty good for low effort frontlines roulette.

find a blob of distracted enemies, tri-disaster contagion bane fester painflare DWT deathflare as fast as possible, then run away and do whatever for 60 seconds until you can do it again. you'll probably get a bunch of kills right away, and the heavy/healing reduction from miasma makes it easier for the rest of your team to kill people. throwing in some ruin 3s before deathflare will get even more kills but runs the risk of someone noticing you and stunning/killing you before you can get the deathflare off.

Griz fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 19, 2017

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

BrightWing posted:

Queue for PVP, follow the zerg, kill nothing, get marks anyway.

Repeat as necessary.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i did frontlines for the first time in forever today and ninja capped 3 enemy bases :shobon:

also mythril tempested 4 doods off a cliff :black101:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nipponophile posted:

Queue for PVP, follow the zerg, kill nothing, get marks anyway.

Repeat as necessary.

dont you have to win a certain number of games to get one of the rewards?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
What's the ilevel sync for 28v28v28 and would I want vit accessories for it? I'd like to at least follow the zerg and get wolf marks while I have a chance with short queues, but healing in pvp is frustrating and unfun and that's the only thing I have geared right now. I have summoner at 60 but its gear is like i210 or something, and I don't have vit rightsides.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Countblanc posted:

The achievements that reward the mounts require 10 frontline wins for the Silver horse, 30 feast wins for the Gold horse, and 60 combined wins of either for the Black horse.
For the wins to count you need to be wearing one of the titles that you receive for buying a full set of gear. So first thing you need to do is just get 18k wolf seals.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
callback emails don't get sent out immediately... in fact they send out one batch a week

quote:

Invitation e-mails will be sent once per week. In the event multiple players send invitations to the same character within a one week period, a single e-mail will be sent listing the character names of all inviters.
Invitation e-mails will not be sent to players who do not meet the requirements of the campaign. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee recipients will receive invitation e-mails.

gonna laugh if I'm just not gonna get it until tuesday of next week or some poo poo

"hm why would someone invite their friend to play the game? could it be that they want to play together immediately? no..."

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Verranicus posted:

hunts are dumb and people who do them are dumber

i see you must lead a hunt linkshell my goon sire

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ilifinicus posted:

I'm actually mad that they localized away information that was crucial to understand how to spawn S rank elite hunt marks, we had to go find the Japanese text to even have a shot at them because the localized versions were 100% useless

there's a bunch of other instances, but this one comes to mind the most

I really should have expected that it would have been something like this that no organic being actually cares about.

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

What's the ilevel sync for 28v28v28 and would I want vit accessories for it? I'd like to at least follow the zerg and get wolf marks while I have a chance with short queues, but healing in pvp is frustrating and unfun and that's the only thing I have geared right now. I have summoner at 60 but its gear is like i210 or something, and I don't have vit rightsides.

It syncs to ilvl 150. You can just switch your stat points to vit with a keepers hymn as well. It`s nice to have about 10k hp to survive a melee lb.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Countblanc posted:

With the amount of people playing PVP for the first time to get the Garo armor, the law of averages is in your favor. Queue up three times, you're gonna win one.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
So...am I doing something wrong here? I queued up for frontlines roulette, making sure to check frontlines freelancer, and my queue is still 30m or longer

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So...am I doing something wrong here? I queued up for frontlines roulette, making sure to check frontlines freelancer, and my queue is still 30m or longer

That happened to me too. My actual wait was somewhere around 90 seconds. Queuing might have some issues right now.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Oh yes, most important question of the day: Does anyone have a sound clip of SLOPPY? I need this for reasons.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

That happened to me too. My actual wait was somewhere around 90 seconds. Queuing might have some issues right now.

Yeah, ignore the estimated time for Frontlines right now and assume it will pop in 2-3 minutes.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I really should have expected that it would have been something like this that no organic being actually cares about.

Man the localization of the story bits in this game is amazing but a lot of the tooltips are unclear nonsense that could use a lot of cleaning up and some basic QoL stuff applied to it as well.

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.
Also, if you want a bit more vit for pvp, the yasha earring of fending isn't a bad option. It's only 25 centurio seals and has crit/det on it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

How noticeable exactly IS the difference if you swap out all your gear for >i150 pieces with Crit/Det versus just going in wearing your level-synched mixed-bag stuff? I mean, I want to be a step above the PVP normies, but at the same time :effort:

Edit: For PVP, I mean.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 19, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Zurvan ex is definitely easier than sophia ex and probably a number of the HW extreme primals.

Note that I'm in a high dps group so we skip half the mechanics, but still it's a fun fight. I got my bird on our second clear too so that was loving awesome.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 19, 2017

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

How noticeable exactly IS the difference if you swap out all your gear for >i150 pieces with Crit/Det versus just going in wearing your level-synched mixed-bag stuff? I mean, I want to be a step above the PVP normies, but at the same time :effort:

I don't know to be honest. Some stats are pretty uselss though like parry and accuracy when it's above 410, so it can only be beneficial? Using a >i190 piece guarantees that the substats on it will be maxed out when they are synced down to i150. Stats section of this guide shows all the max stats per equipment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGY6Bd45UmtnZGnajF3PpP47mXoOlVBEBfLvnaxMf7k/

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

PvP Healer glams on point.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Failboattootoot posted:

Man the localization of the story bits in this game is amazing but a lot of the tooltips are unclear nonsense that could use a lot of cleaning up and some basic QoL stuff applied to it as well.

Part of the Faustian Bargain that let YoshiP turn FFXIV around is that FFXIV's UI must always be a jumbled and incoherent mess.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Trying to check this game out and running into the same issue I had like a year ago which is that I can download the installer but once i run it I get an "unable to download patch files" error. Is the only solution to this really to use a loving vpn, as that's what google is telling me?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In case anyone was curious about the odd name for some of the new dungeon gear, "filibuster" is an archaic term for soldiers who would go on unauthorized expeditions into a foreign country to foment revolution, such as during the leadup to the Mexican-American war.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bourgeoisie posted:

I don't know to be honest. Some stats are pretty uselss though like parry and accuracy when it's above 410, so it can only be beneficial? Using a >i190 piece guarantees that the substats on it will be maxed out when they are synced down to i150. Stats section of this guide shows all the max stats per equipment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGY6Bd45UmtnZGnajF3PpP47mXoOlVBEBfLvnaxMf7k/

I thought acc didn't matter in pvp at all?

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

Failboattootoot posted:

I thought acc didn't matter in pvp at all?

Apparently there is an accuracy cap for melee, but its pretty low at 410. One piece of gear could get you there probably.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
forever late to the party but doesn't matter, feels good

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nice!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital_Jesus posted:

PvP Healer glams on point.

drat I always have such a hard time pulling off metallic dyes and you knocked it out of the park

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Fister Roboto posted:

In case anyone was curious about the odd name for some of the new dungeon gear, "filibuster" is an archaic term for soldiers who would go on unauthorized expeditions into a foreign country to foment revolution, such as during the leadup to the Mexican-American war.

Yep! More literally, it comes from the dutch word for freebooter.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Totally made the mistake of buying Heavensward via steam when I already had an FFXIV account. Tried to process the refund request, but got denied due to having a playtime of 7 hours - which was me leaving the game downloading while I went to work. Guess steam counts the time in the client downloading patch data as time played.

I've tried to process another refund request with more info and reaching out to steam support via twitter, but if it still gets denied - is there any way I could gift the keys to a goon?

Edit: Has there been any leaks yet for what additional jobs Stormblood is going to have? Mained SAM in FFXI, and I want to play an FFXIV SAM so bad.

Caeks fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 19, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Best part of Dun Scaith is the beam struggle with Diabolos where you keep on attacking the door to push it back. So awesome. So anime.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Caeks posted:

Totally made the mistake of buying Heavensward via steam when I already had an FFXIV account. Tried to process the refund request, but got denied due to having a playtime of 7 hours - which was me leaving the game downloading while I went to work. Guess steam counts the time in the client downloading patch data as time played.

I've tried to process another refund request with more info and reaching out to steam support via twitter, but if it still gets denied - is there any way I could gift the keys to a goon?

Edit: Has there been any leaks yet for what additional jobs Stormblood is going to have? Mained SAM in FFXI, and I want to play an FFXIV SAM so bad.

Files present in the latest patch suggest that we're either getting SAM or someone's reaching deep on their misdirection game.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what keys? you've presumably used them already, or how else would you know they weren't compatible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Klades posted:

Files present in the latest patch suggest that we're either getting SAM or someone's reaching deep on their misdirection game.

Someone posted something about miners also finding "BRM" files akin to the SAM and RDM ones, but I don't think images or links were posted so idk what happened with that

• Locked thread