Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: they are amazing. Who added that? Schlafly or Conservative? :v:

Eh, some dude named JenkinsW.

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I wish conservatives would get on the same page. After casually wiki-ing HW Bush to see if he was still alive, i stumbled across his NAFTA stuff. Looking that up on conservapedia it seems Andy and Co love it...but all I've heard from conservatives for the past few decades is that NAFTA is killing us. It was especially loud during this election cycle....

I suppose no matter how much i study them, i'll never truly nail down what their ideals are since they seem to change at a whim and can be held and dismissed at the same time

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well the problem is of course that conservatives harbor a whole rainbow spectrum of different flavors of nuttery, hypocrisy and manicheism. So do liberals I guess but either they are less visible about it or I just don't how about it because this is SA.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SocketWrench posted:

I suppose no matter how much i study them, i'll never truly nail down what their ideals are since they seem to change at a whim and can be held and dismissed at the same time

"Our side good, other side bad"

There's no real ideology anymore, it's pure partisanship.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's ideology alright

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This is my favourite 'in the news' post ever. He could also be on our side. But that's not to say he isn't the antichrist! Maybe he is! We'll have to wait and see if we want to side with him or not!

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know
I was disappointed that it didn't say "if anyone suspects he might be the antichrist take note: that means he'll burst into flame when he touches that bible!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: that is amazing. The weakest endorsement possible.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Isn't the Antichrist inevitable though? If you believe in that end-times philosophy.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

timefly posted:

Isn't the Antichrist inevitable though? If you believe in that end-times philosophy.

nobody on that site knows what they believe in

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

please knock Mom! posted:

At this point, is there anyone left other than Andy?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
That depends on whether conservative is Andy's alt.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

please knock Mom! posted:

Their belief is extremely simple: "liberals bad". Everything else stems from that point. Liberals think men and women should be equals? Liberals bad, therefore women should be treated as inferior to men. Liberals think society should serve to benefit everyone? Liberals bad, so the poor have to rely on charity rather than welfare. Liberals think education is important? Liberals bad, therefore the only things that kids should be taught are creationism, abstinence, and how to shoot guns at minorities. And so on.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

tote up a bags posted:

This is my favourite 'in the news' post ever. He could also be on our side. But that's not to say he isn't the antichrist! Maybe he is! We'll have to wait and see if we want to side with him or not!

Yeah, Trump's not really a religious protector, and if he is, their god's clearly skimming the bottom of the barrel

May have to make a freep account when I get home and introduce them to this lackluster support so we can watch the two declare a purge on each other

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 20, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm going to describe everything like that from now on.

"Hey I want to set you up with my friend."
"OK what's she like."
"Well if anyone says she's the Antichrist, you never know they could be wrong!"

Yelp review:
Possibly not the incarnation of evil given human form, no matter what others might think.

CV Objective:
I'm excited to work in this industry at a company that may not be satan coming to bring a thousand-year reign darkness upon the world even though some people think so.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
He might literally be the spawn of Satan but at least he isn't liberal. Why I'll take literal Armageddon over Obama care any day!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SocketWrench posted:

their god's clearly skimming the bottom of the barrel
The God of Abraham has a habit of doing that according to scripture.

Which led to some freepers defending him on the basis of "well he might be a poo poo person, but God will work through him like with Noah!"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Oh look, it's the yearly

I wonder who put it up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What is their predictive source [3]

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What is their predictive source [3]
His blog which I'd rather not link to as the extra hits might make him sinfully cream his pants. Here's the "article":

quote:

2017 will definitely be the WORST year in the history of atheism.

Why?

Behold, global atheism statistics and projections which will demoralize and demilitarize the most militant of militant atheists:

Global atheism statistics

What glorious statistics to celebrate in 2017 which is also the 500th anniversary of Protestantism!

Evangelical Christianity, a branch of Protestantism and the archnemesis of militant atheism, is seeing record growth and it is expected to increase its global market share in the 21st century (see: Growth of evangelical Christianity).

2017 will not only be the WORST year in the history of atheism. It will be the most glorious year in the history of Protestantism thus far. Given that Protestants are a global faith, choirs of Protestants will be singing for days on end in 2017.

Then a couple of YouTube videos.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

God drat heretics and apostates, always preening.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The Inquisition really dropped the ball.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Conservapedia status : Still gobbling orange cock.

Let's have a look at his page. He actually has 2 pages, one about him and one about his achievements. Formatting mine except when specified
http://www.conservapedia.com/Donald_Trump
Surprisinly they also list stuff on here that they supposedly would not agree with.

quote:

He is the legitimately-elected and fully-qualified president of the United States as a result of winning the 2016 presidential election as the Republican nominee.
When you have to add "fully qualified", you know there's a problem.

Original Formating:

quote:

Unlike most other U.S presidential candidates, Trump sharply criticizes the media and talks about issues that no elected official dares touch. For example, Trump stands up against feminists, unlike most politicians. In another example, in 2011 Trump persistently doubted whether Barack Obama had been born in the United States, which caused Obama's approval ratings to drop below 40% until Obama finally caved in to Trump and produced what Obama claimed was his birth certificate. Trump then scoffed at Obama's conduct.

In February 2011, Trump announced that he is pro-life, and at the final presidential debate on Oct. 19, 2016, Trump gave the strongest endorsement of the pro-life position of any presidential nominee in history.

quote:

He receives Bibles from fans in the mail, and he either stores them or gives them away to others.[7] When pressed to name his favorite Bible verse, however, he opted for "an eye for an eye" (Exodus 21:24), one of the few Mosaic Law verses specifically repudiated by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount.[8] Trump stated several times during his presidential campaign in 2015 and 2016 that he has not asked God for forgiveness and that he does not need His forgiveness, showing that when Trump made those statements, he was not saved.

quote:

Trump used to own the un-Christian Miss Universe Pageant, which objectified the female body and promoted lust and infidelity.

quote:

This is largely due to Trump's conservative policies that align well with the Bible, including opposition to abortion.

quote:

After the election, childish leftists and anarchists, who could not accept the results of the election, strongly protested Trump's victory and committed outrageous and extreme acts of vandalism and violence,[101] even brutally attacking and beating at least one alleged Trump supporter.[102] Many of these protests were likely organized and coordinated, as many protestors were bused in by Coach buses

quote:

The day after being elected president, Trump released a solidly conservative agenda for his first 100 days in office, even though ending the legalized murder of the unborn was not on the agenda

quote:

Due to his promotion and support of conservative, America First policies, President Trump faced large opposition from the Left, including from within the government bureaucracy.[121][122] Additionally, Senate Democrats continued to unduly delay Trump's cabinet nominees at historic and unprecedented proportions—by February 8, 2017, only George Washington had fewer cabinet nominees confirmed by this length of time into his presidency.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Donald_Trump_achievements

quote:

In addition, rather than picking establishment Washington RINOs with worthless governmental experience in the capital city, Trump chose an unorthodox cabinet of true conservatives, small-government proponents, and outsiders.

quote:

Trump has been bold enough to meet with conservative, right-wing figures who stand boldly for small government and conservatism, unlike many other Republicans. For example, he met with Alex Jones, becoming (after his election) the first President-elect to have ever met with Alex Jones.[84] Also, Trump has had very strong relations with Nigel Farage of the United Kingdom Independence Party.

quote:

Trump has stood up to treating people with respect and the left-wing consensus in numerous aspects, most notably for rejecting treating people with respect and communicating directly to the public rather than the mainstream media. Also, Trump has been bold in rejecting the term "happy holidays."
(My browser subsitutes PC with "treating people with respect"

quote:

Trump became the first president to say "radical Islamic terrorism" in his inaugural address.

quote:

On January 31, 2017, Trump nominated Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.[92][93] The nomination was well received by many conservatives.[94][95] Others however, most notably Andrew Schlafly, disagreed with the nomination due to concerns about Gorsuch's position on abortion.96][97]
most notably indeed.

quote:

Donald Trump helped further discredit the mainstream media due to his repeatedly challenging their honesty and by demonstrating that their predictions regarding his candidacy were repeatedly false. American's who trust the media is at 32% according to the Gallup organization which is at an all time low.[102] Additionally, between the 2016 election and late January, trust in the media fell from 21 to 15 percent among Trump voters, and even among Clinton voters it fell from 57 to 51 percent

quote:

Donald Trump's humor has cut down leading media figures to size. He told Wolf Blitzer of CNN that if Megyn Kelly didn't repeatedly attack him, her audience would be even smaller than Blitzer's. When asked by George Stephanopoulos what his biggest mistakes were on the campaign trail, he pointed that Stephanopoulos has regrets too and pointed out his donation to the Clinton Foundation

quote:

At an hour-long press conference on February 16, 2017, Trump repeatedly criticized the press as biased and "so dishonest ... out of control."
WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT OOOOH BOY

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

it's interesting that they're conflating "wrong" predictions with "false" predictions.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

vortmax posted:

That depends on whether conservative is Andy's alt.

It's interesting to think that user:Conservative might actually be multiple users as he claims. He's really the unrestrained Id of Andy and any remaining users of the sight.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 18, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

Conservapedia status : Still gobbling orange cock.

Let's have a look at his page. He actually has 2 pages, one about him and one about his achievements. Formatting mine except when specified
http://www.conservapedia.com/Donald_Trump
Surprisinly they also list stuff on here that they supposedly would not agree with.

This is priceless. It's like reading a real life version of Shutter Island.

Yeah, Trump criticizes the media....about printing the poo poo he says and not just fellating him like he thinks everyone should.
Trump is a baby and watching people idolize him just lowers my desire to see humanity exist

quote:

Donald Trump's humor has cut down leading media figures to size. He told Wolf Blitzer of CNN that if Megyn Kelly didn't repeatedly attack him, her audience would be even smaller than Blitzer's. When asked by George Stephanopoulos what his biggest mistakes were on the campaign trail, he pointed that Stephanopoulos has regrets too and pointed out his donation to the Clinton Foundation

Dodging questions is humor now?
Good thing Conservapedia isn't a dictionary

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 19, 2017

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

Dodging questions is humor now?
Good thing Conservapedia isn't a dictionary

What do you expect from someone who thinks there was no humour before Jesus (Greek comedy is low brow so doesn't. count)?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hemp Knight posted:

What do you expect from someone who thinks there was no humour before Jesus (Greek comedy is low brow so doesn't. count)?

But also people are getting dumber over time.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

RagnarokAngel posted:

But also people are getting dumber over time.

And more conservative.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:monocle:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

But that sounds like dissent

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Not to mention that 1999 was right before the dot com crash.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Trump_supporter_1776

real ? fake ?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

Not to mention that 1999 was right before the dot com crash.

Don't worry guys this economic bubble will totally be different. It'll just be up up UP UP UP!!! forever and ever this time! You just wait and see and I'm totally going to own all you suckers that didn't pour everything you have into *thing* lol

*crash*

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

hey, North Korea's in the news a lot lately. Let's see what Andy says.

http://www.conservapedia.com/North_Korea_and_alcoholism posted:

North Korea has state atheism and public religion is actively discouraged.[3] See also: Militant atheism

In the late 1990s and the 2000s it was estimated that North Korea is mostly atheist/agnostic (The religious life that exists is dominated by the religious traditions of Korean shamanism and Chondoism).[4][5][6]

(...)

See also:

Atheism and alcoholism

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Parahexavoctal posted:

hey, North Korea's in the news a lot lately. Let's see what Andy says.

Lol, I want to know what retard ever gave this guy a license, or even a certificate to consider himself an educator. Or better yet, what the idiots that let their kids be taught by this moron think

NK is state atheism....here are a list of their religions. lol, never change Andy

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

SocketWrench posted:

Or better yet, what the idiots that let their kids be taught by this moron think

"This guy agrees with me politically, therefore he is qualified to do anything."

See Trump's cabinet for more examples.

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

While I'm loathe to give Andy a break, any article which has SEE ALSO: ATHEISM AND is normally written by real crazy person "conservative", who basically writes half the pages on that site.

Of course, Andy is strange enough to give a clear crazy person who goes on 24 hour long editing binges of writing articles about how Hispanic Women don't find atheists attractive...admin privileges.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Stalingrad posted:

Of course, Andy is strange enough to give a clear crazy person who goes on 24 hour long editing binges of writing articles about how Hispanic Women don't find atheists attractive...admin privileges.

I thought he'd topped out at 48-hour editing binges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I thought he'd topped out at 48-hour editing binges?

His record is 39, with his next longest being 30.

• Locked thread