Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Hollismason posted:

You are the slutty waitress making ends meet giving 10$ HJs in the back

please don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hollismason posted:

You are the slutty waitress making ends meet giving 10$ HJs in the back

What is wrong with you?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

boner confessor posted:

nimbyism and gentrification are the same thing. we just call it gentrification when the nimbys dont get what they want because they're too marginalized to work the system in their favor

im amenable to this because people carelessly throw around the word 'gentrification' for when it often just means development but i still feel there's a qualitative difference between someone who just doesnt want shade to cast across their garden half the day due to a new high rise going up and someone getting priced out of their apartment

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

in other words in SF nimbyism is driving gentrification by factors pushing out lower income people but denying development that may alleviate such issues

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i ran into my landlord today and he told me that some guy died in one of the apartments in the building, but he was happy that the guy didn't die in the apartment itself. you know, LUCKILY. then he said he had a vacancy and if i knew anyone to let them know.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

im amenable to this because people carelessly throw around the word 'gentrification' for when it often just means development but i still feel there's a qualitative difference between someone who just doesnt want shade to cast across their garden half the day due to a new high rise going up and someone getting priced out of their apartment

many people feel this way and it's not invalid but it boils down to using a less harsh word when something bad happens to a wealthy white person versus when that thing happens to a poor person of color

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Volkerball posted:

i ran into my landlord today and he told me that some guy died in one of the apartments in the building, but he was happy that the guy didn't die in the apartment itself. you know, LUCKILY. then he said he had a vacancy and if i knew anyone to let them know.

where you at? i could use housing on a death-superstition discount. unless avoidinf that's why it was "luckily not in the appt itself"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Where do you live and how's the rent?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

boner confessor posted:

many people feel this way and it's not invalid but it boils down to using a less harsh word when something bad happens to a wealthy white person versus when that thing happens to a poor person of color

nimbys dont have to necessarily move and when they do they probably make out okay while actual gentrification (again, not just ~development~ changing the fabric of a neighborhood) you're out of your home

actual gentrification, i.e., pushing people out happens less and in less cities than people think but yeah there's still a distinction there

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

see, he's too clever to let us doxx him like this. foiled again

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am rewatching the Betsy DeVos hearing, and good loving lord she's dumb.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Same will be true for America's kids after she gets confirmed. I'm mad glad I'm not looking to start a family atm because lol that would suck sweaty donkey dick.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

what do you expect shes never been to public school

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I'm mad glad I'm not looking to start a family atm because lol that would suck sweaty donkey dick.

rip me i guess

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I hope you're in one of the decent blue states.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just ship them off to a country with better education like Mexico or Guam.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's $650

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

How big of a place is it?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I hope you're in one of the decent blue states.

my dude

o
h
i
o

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My condolences.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

What's the Predictit odds on Jammeh leaving The Gambia peacefully?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Goondolences.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am home! vanya is a dancing bean

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

who is your favourite poster

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

exmarx posted:

...himself?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

exmarx posted:

[without looking up from the reflecting pool he's staring at, nn responds:]

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

R. Mute posted:

[without looking up from the reflecting pool he's staring at, nn responds:]

*blows smoke off posting fingers*

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

quality over speed

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

exmarx posted:

avs

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

don't break character!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
hollismason is a pretty gross dude

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That's not very nice.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i am the bar itself, become self aware, and you are all the scum and bacteria that inhabit my perfection

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
zootopia was a good movie and I enjoyed it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

boner confessor posted:

nimbyism and gentrification are the same thing. we just call it gentrification when the nimbys dont get what they want because they're too marginalized to work the system in their favor

oh cool, so the people who oppose allowing new apartment complexes because it will slightly disrupt their view and "congest traffic" are the same as me wondering when my affordable apartment building will be knocked down and i'll only be able to afford places two hours away from where I currently work or getting a place adjacent to the projects. that's good to know we're both facing the same kind of anxiety

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

zootopia was a good movie and I enjoyed it

Right? I wish I had seen it in theaters.

I also missed "Kubo" and I feel bad about that.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there were no pig police in zootopia and i feel that was a missed opportunity

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

there were no pig police in zootopia and i feel that was a missed opportunity

the prison warden was a pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012