Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hace posted:

It has 230ppi wtf, anything you watch on it is going to look v sharp

Android phones have set unreasonable pixel density expectations. I'm posting on this from a smaller than 5.5" screen with 4x the resolution of the switch. 2560x1440!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I don't own a tablet, so it'll be nice if/when the Switch gets some media apps to go along with the gaming. I'd be extremely hyped if Marvel Unlimited could be downloaded to it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's not a big deal but Netflix is so ubiquitous on everything it just feels weird to be left out.

Though it has been mentioned that there may be some kind of streaming via nintendos online.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Someone really needs to make a Mr Negative smilie out of the Nintendo logo.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
maybe they will make a smartphone app

with it, you might be able to watch netflix on your phone

i find that a very elegant solution

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It sort of is the :nintendo: emote already. Just not literally made from the logo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

It sort of is the :nintendo: emote already. Just not literally made from the logo.

I mean yeah, he's from Earthbound, I just want to nudge it into the goal.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sounds like it might just not be there at launch. Nothing is stopping a device with a screen and a WiFi antenna from eventually getting a Netflix app.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sounds like it might just not be there at launch. Nothing is stopping a device with a screen and a WiFi antenna from eventually getting a Netflix app.

im telling you it will be on your phone, and, it will be a very elegant app

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kawabata posted:

im telling you it will be on your phone, and, it will be a very elegant app

This joke is good, sorry for not acknowledging it earlier

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why do people keep assuming that Netflix won't eventually get ported to the switch?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Holy poo poo Path of Radiance isn't cheap.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do people keep assuming that Netflix won't eventually get ported to the switch?

because if you assume nintendo will do the dumbest most counter-intuitive thing for absolutely no practical benefit you'll be right 70% of the time

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Because one guy quoted something he read somewhere (I think the source was someone's dad that worked for Nintendo) that said that Nintendo said it was purely a gaming device or some other nonsense.

Nintendo is right to not spend a single second talking about Netflix or any other streaming app because A) it's not their product and they stand to make no money from it and B) those apps are virtually everywhere so their addition will not sell a single extra Switch. They'll definitely add them though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kawabata posted:

Holy poo poo Path of Radiance isn't cheap.

yeah that's mostly why people want the HD radiance collection thing for the Switch, those two games are expensive now

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What if, and I realize this sounds insane, but what if Nintendo is doing it backwards.

What if they're starting out with a game device, and plan on turning it into a phone in an iteration or two?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Crawfish posted:

Honestly, the most interesting thing about the FE Gaiden remake announced today is it now sets a precedence that wasn't really there before that Nintendo can actually localise a previously Japan only game if they feel like it.

Yeah but they did this same thing when they Rereleased Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and that game was mega poo poo even by fire emblem fan standards

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I sold fire emblem radiant dawn for 5 dollars

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jimmy Hats posted:

I sold fire emblem radiant dawn for 5 dollars

:lol: for real

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Yeah this was way back when it was still newish and was still a really lovely game (it's down there with shadow dragon for worst in the series)

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Close enough.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I mean I bought it for 15 dollars so it was only a negative :10bux:

Upon review, I really loving hate fire emblem

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fire Emblem is the greatest game on the mobile platform

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lost Frontier is a decent proxy for Advance Wars if you really need a fix.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone want to buy my FE: Fates SE for $200? I never played it. But I sold the crap that came in the box.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone want to buy my FE: Fates SE for $200? I never played it. But I sold the crap that came in the box.

If it's just the game couldn't somebody just get it for like, 80 bucks or something?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

TVs Ian posted:

Close enough.

I want this as my Avatar please.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If it's just the game couldn't somebody just get it for like, 80 bucks or something?

gently caress if I know. I know it was selling new for $250 when it came out. I lucked into one with the intent of playing but just don't like FE so it's been on my shelf. I think I paid $80 or whatever it was new and sold the extra poo poo for $40.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Crawfish posted:

Honestly, the most interesting thing about the FE Gaiden remake announced today is it now sets a precedence that wasn't really there before that Nintendo can actually localise a previously Japan only game if they feel like it.

So Mother 3 localisation is not so unlikely now.

Only if Mother 3 gets a remake as well.

Come on Nintendo announce a Mother collection for the Switch. Take my money.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

THE SWITCH WILL HAVE A TWITCH APP

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

a.lo posted:

THE SWITCH WILL HAVE A TWITCH APP

Huh? What? Are you serious or is this a lark of some kind?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

will switch charge from a micro usb like the vita or is usb-c a different shape?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

will switch charge from a micro usb like the vita or is usb-c a different shape?

usb-c has a different shape that doesn't stop working after like two weeks.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

usb-c has a different shape that doesn't stop working after like two weeks.

You also can't gently caress up the direction when plugging it in, so gone are the days of trying to plug it in, reversing it and trying again, then realizing you had it the right way the first time and just didn't put it in right like a DUMBASS and flip it around again then plug it in

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to be clear that I have never done that, repeatedly, every day, but I hear it's a huge problem

Edit: that only happens to other people

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What was a worse standard, mini-USB or micro-USB?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mahoning posted:

What was a worse standard, mini-USB or micro-USB?

Firewire

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Anidav posted:

I want this as my Avatar please.

Negative Man sobbed, moaned, and started posting.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Ha I have both of the Radient Fire Emblem games :smug:

Don't think I've even played em...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I need a reward for posting my gaming dog Rusty. Please give me Switch Negativeman

• Locked thread