Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I re-nominate Koalas.

lmao TB would be a disaster for so many reasons, but it'd certainly make thing exciting and fresh!

I just want to see the cage match between TB and exmarx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

botany posted:

whow-EE look at that form email, gosh darn

Please don't die on the cross for loving gf, its kind of a waste

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Yeah like I'm gonna trust what a Zimmerman has to say about a black person's activities.

:shittypop:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Koalas, TB or Fluffdaddy off the top of my head (I have no idea how they post in other parts of the forum, but they're good here).

Honestly fluffdaddy's probably my top pick right now. Less likely that folks'll go incendiary.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lowtax posted:

Uh, run that by me again please? Because it sounds like you're asking me to meet some burden of proof to convince people I'm not racist before I can say or do anything that involves race.

This has nothing to do with a burden on you to prove you aren't racist, but rather to what degree are you informed on the issues of anti-racism or the history of racial segregation. Like KM mentioned recently, they and other black people are often forced to by circumstance become experts in these matters because they are directly applicable to to our lives on a daily level starting from a very young age, and we have no way of knowing how 'fluent' (for lack of a better word) someone is on the topic so unless pre-existing knowledge of these issues is self-evident in the people we talk to, like any other subject, we start at the most fundamental levels and work up from there.

You getting mad at KM for giving you a brief primer on race because you think (justifiably or not) that you are more in tune with these issues would be like getting upset at a native Spanish speaker for using slow simple words in conversation because they dont know how familiar you are with the language.

Racism isn't just people being mean or bad. Its also things that people don't know, that in their personal lives they might have never needed to know. They might even be making decisions and using assumptions that they have never questioned because to their own personal experiences those assumptions have always been reliable. Racism is something people hold on to even with the best of intentions or a charitable and kind character because it stems from ignorance of the experience of others. Hatred isn't the cause of racism but rather ignorance is the cause of both.

I don't know if anyone in your life has ever accused you of having racially based hatreds but I do not think that is what 99% of the posters in this thread have been trying to say. Rather that anyone, even someone as handsome, smart, kind, and level-headed as you are or think you are can still be painfully ignorant on issues that they didn't have to confront the same way minorities have had to.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I re-nominate Koalas.

lmao TB would be a disaster for so many reasons, but it'd certainly make thing exciting and fresh!

Haha yes if anyone thought people were not mad enough over KM, mod TB.

(I <3 TB but seriously the amount of rage that would occur over modding her, holy lol)

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Seconding that re-nomination for KM! Even if it's just in this and the femthread.

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
I also nominate TB for modship, because SA is, in theory, a comedy website and the resulting shitfits that would come from the rest of D&D would be loving hilarious.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hawkgirl posted:

Haha yes if anyone thought people were not mad enough over KM, mod TB.

(I <3 TB but seriously the amount of rage that would occur over modding her, holy lol)

DON'T CLICK MY LINKS, DON'T BUY MY critiques of institutional oppression

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

D&D is totally serious business and isn't a place for jokes. It also isn't funny and therefore should be removed from SA.

Also a roving gang of SJWs called me terrible for a completely innocent post I made, scarring me for life.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i mean, all joking aside lowtax, we had to explain to you why people might think it's a good thing that a person of color is a mod here, and you still responded with some colorblind bullshit. when colbert does that, it's part of his act as a naive conservative. you were serious. do you actually think it's weird that people think you're clueless when it comes to racial issues?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Hawkgirl posted:

Koalas March IMO is legitimately the best person for this job.

Koalas March for mod.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Both Tiny Brontosaurus or Koalas March are my two top picks. Not only are they excellent at calling people out on very subtle bullshit but they are also reasonable when it comes to people owning up to stuff.

Not to mention the apt use of animated gifs!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

420 Gank Mid posted:

You getting mad at KM for giving you a brief primer on race
I wasn't aware I was mad. What did I say or do to make you think I was mad?

I can only say so many times that this wasn't about race, it wasn't about an image, it was about an overall disagreement with how I felt she was representing the forum.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lowtax posted:

I can only say so many times that this wasn't about race, it wasn't about an image, it was about an overall disagreement with how I felt she was representing the forum.

Was that the only part of my post you read?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm a boring person with a boring job. I nominate myself.

KM was doing a good job and if she made mistakes maybe they could be discussed and she could do better? I didn't see the whole thing about it.

I would like to nominate myself if none of the other suggestions are worth going for.

In way of qualifications, in addition to being a boring person with a boring job like the person I quoted, I'd like to point at my username and the custom title someone bought me as pointless jokes/qualifiers for why I'd be a counterweight to the image of site staff as being racists/liberals or some other position on the spectrum, and promise to only respond to reported posts unless some truly heinous poo poo is going down or if I'm already reading the thread and see something that violates the rules posted by the previous mods/admins.

Also I was a moderator on another internet forum back in 2002 when everyone and their brother had a website and forum and ended up quitting when I didn't have the spare time to read the reported posts any more. Worst case scenario is that you end up asking for another nominee in a couple weeks.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

How did you feel I was representing the forum?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

How do you feel she was representing the forums?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Lowtax posted:

You said you felt she was disrespectful. I suppose that is different than being mad, but I don't think it cancels out 420 Gank Mid's post.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

how did she represent the forum? :raise:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

I felt like you were making it even more insular and much less conducive to discussion.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

I don't think you are mad, but some of the people in D&D must be. Look at this stupid red text I got. I would be more worried about those people than whatever KM was or was not doing.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Lowtax posted:

I felt like you were making it even more insular and much less conducive to discussion.
How?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

discussion about what?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Koalas March posted:

You see, modding you was a capitulation to the SJWs that now dominate SA and make it an unfun place for unfunny people. Lowtax has lost control of his forums!!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Out of curiosity did you actually see the probs I made? I think all but one were from reports. I think if you check you'll see I just handed out a few sixers for derailing, racism, sexism and iirc all but one were for 6 hours. I am also pretty sure I probated people less than the other D&D mods.

Are you aware of any of this?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lowtax posted:

And yet you just banned TB

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Trabisnikof posted:

And yet you just banned TB
He wasn't contributing to discussion, he was trying to post digs at me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lowtax posted:

I just don't see it. There are plenty of situations where her, I, and others would discuss things with people. Until it became obvious they weren't being genuine. Then we would tell them to just gently caress off.

At some point sure this is your site and you can mod and de-mod people at your discretion. And you don't have to fulfil this request but I would really like to see at some examples of her overstepping her mod bounds.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

*she

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Ironically that's the same reason I was probating people.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Sorry, like before, I don't know or care about the skin color or genders of people on here (then you guys started making fun of me with the "I DONT SEE SKIN COLOR" references)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Ever consider probating someone until they cool off? TB actually does contribute to discussion, maybe just not to this one which has become a discussion about your demodding of KM.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Out of curiosity did you actually see the probs I made? I think all but one were from reports. I think if you check you'll see I just handed out a few sixers for derailing, racism, sexism and iirc all but one were for 6 hours. I am also pretty sure I probated people less than the other D&D mods.

Are you aware of any of this?

Just because someone in the clique reports a post doesn't force you to click probate.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

No. TB is not a good choice for a mod. The kinds of arguments that she's gotten involved in and how she's dealt with those disagreements should automatically disqualify her. Just check out how she and gfsincere/negromancer got into in this very thread dozens of pages ago.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Ever consider probating someone until they cool off? TB actually does contribute to discussion, maybe just not to this one which has become a discussion about your demodding of KM.

This was basically my modding strategy fyi

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
I thought KM was a good mod. I mean I lurk so lol who gives a poo poo but all I saw her so was break up slapfights and drop sixers on people who were being slightly less overtly racist then saying the n-word. It was cool having a mod that was actually following the discussions she was modding and not just dropping in eight hours later to try and sort out a total cluster gently caress.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

flashman posted:

Just because someone in the clique reports a post doesn't force you to click probate.

If I did that I would have probated you a long time ago. Also Exmarx and FAU are still mods, and 'the get out if black posters don't want you here' rule (which was in place before I became a mod) still stands.

So I'll ask you for the third time, please leave.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Koalas March posted:

This was basically my modding strategy fyi

I think we see the difference of opinion re:modding style.

You should have banned more folks, KM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

Sorry, like before, I don't know or care about the skin color or genders of people on here (then you guys started making fun of me with the "I DONT SEE SKIN COLOR" references)

once again, genuinely not trying to be condescending or rude here:

do you genuinely not understand why "i don't care about race/gender" is not a reassuring thing to say in an environment where multiple people have pointed out to you that black posters tend to get harsher probations more often than white posters? do you genuinely not understand that the only way to fix a racial bias in moderation is to be aware of race?

• Locked thread